Author Topic: General Discussion Thread  (Read 2410856 times)

urbicande

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • --.- .-. .-.. ..--..
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him/his
Re: General Discussion Thread
« Reply #16380 on: September 21, 2016, 01:05:42 PM »
Finished off a dance with dragons today....

So many interesting plot points going on that could have neen used by the show...hbo goofed by diverting too much..

*still wonders how the raven got into the kettle*

Also ended up making pork stroganoff tonight for dinner.

See, I can't get into the books at all.  Too many characters that I hate.
Keep an eye on me. I shimmer on horizons.

Survivor: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: / :book2:   :chap13:   :chap14:  :chap15: :chap16: / :book3:  :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:  :chap21: / :book4:

:A2chap01:

Fluent:  :usa: :uk: :canada:
Basic conversation:  :france: :germany:
Learning: :sweden: :finland:
A couple of words:  :spain: :italy:

Róisín

• Traveller on the Bird's Path
  • Elder of the Ruined Realm
« Reply #16381 on: September 21, 2016, 08:12:13 PM »
If anybody in Adelaide is interested, the Seed Freedom Festival is on at the Holland Street market this Saturday. 10 am to 4 pm. Should be fun!
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

Yuuago

• Tumblr
  • Well, there's still hope in this world.
  • Preferred pronouns: He/etc
« Reply #16382 on: September 22, 2016, 07:25:56 AM »
Oh hey, it's Equinox.
...Which means that it's going to start getting even darker. Great. :P
Journal | Tumblr | Fic Archive
Og kring meg i myrket/snøar og snøar det. - Olav H. Hauge

Róisín

• Traveller on the Bird's Path
  • Elder of the Ruined Realm
« Reply #16383 on: September 22, 2016, 08:20:23 AM »
Lighter, here. But you guys may get a proper winter. With snow. At least our spring floods are receding!
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

Solokov

• Live life, start chaos.
« Reply #16384 on: September 22, 2016, 08:46:08 AM »
Winter is coming... we hope. *crosses fingers and knocks on wood*
I'm a writer too,
writing things for you,
Mostly 'pocylyse things though, check out my story from the start, Blog with the Blastwave.
A relay of the /k/ signal corps.

Yuuago

• Tumblr
« Reply #16385 on: September 22, 2016, 09:42:03 AM »
Lighter, here. But you guys may get a proper winter. With snow. At least our spring floods are receding!

Ahhh it's good that the flood situation is getting a little bit better over there.

I'm kind of conflicted about the snow, because I haaaaate it, but... we really need it. So, I'm going to hope for a lot of it, but I'm also going to complain the whole time. : D

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
« Reply #16386 on: September 22, 2016, 09:50:44 AM »
Oh hey, it's Equinox.
...Which means that it's going to start getting even darker. Great. :P
Yay ! :D (Sorry, I'm the kind of maybe-weird person enjoying fresher days because it means hot cups of tea, scarves, a better weather to knit, and something like... errr... a more cozy atmosphere ? Moreover, I write more when it's dark outside, for some reasons *Shrugs*)

I'm kind of conflicted about the snow, because I haaaaate it, but... we really need it. So, I'm going to hope for a lot of it, but I'm also going to complain the whole time. : D
No reason to worry about snow, send me the amount you don't want, I had barely seen a snowflake last winter.
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Kiraly

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
  • SSSSinnamon roll
  • Preferred pronouns: she, her, etc.
« Reply #16387 on: September 22, 2016, 09:58:52 AM »
Ahhh it's good that the flood situation is getting a little bit better over there.

I share your sentiments about snow. I'm going to hope for either SO MUCH that the city declares a state of emergency (which is the only scenario in which my library would close and allow me to stay home) or none at all.

No reason to worry about snow, send me the amount you don't want, I had barely seen a snowflake last winter.

Or I'll just send it all to Mélu, that works too. :))

Since we aren't really even into sweater weather yet, I guess I don't have to worry about it for a while.
Languages: :usa: (native) :mexico: (conversational but out of practice) :germany: (attempting to learn)
Survivor: :artd::book1+::chap6::chap7::chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21:

urbicande

• --.- .-. .-.. ..--..
« Reply #16388 on: September 22, 2016, 10:20:50 AM »

You'll have to fight me for the snow!

Survivor: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: / :book2:   :chap13:   :chap14:  :chap15: :chap16: / :book3:  :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:  :chap21: / :book4:

Sc0ut

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
« Reply #16389 on: September 22, 2016, 10:42:54 AM »
What's with all this snow hate?! Where is it coming from? *loves snow and just doesn't understand*

I'm not enthusiastic about autumn, the temperature fluctuates so much (along with rain/no rain) that somehow I'm never dressed right when I'm out of the house, despite layers or other precautions. The two good things about autumn imo are 1. rain and 2. the fact that winter's next. Also, pumpkin. And it's no longer too hot to bake things at home. And there will be must soon! Okay there are a few nice things about autumn.

Yuuago

• Tumblr
« Reply #16390 on: September 22, 2016, 10:45:40 AM »
What's with all this snow hate?! Where is it coming from? *loves snow and just doesn't understand*

I take it that you haven't spent much time walking through it in -30C weather.
That's where it's coming from. At least in my case. ;V If it weren't so cold, and if transport were less of an issue, I probably wouldn't hate it as much as I do.

Mélusine

« Reply #16391 on: September 22, 2016, 10:51:25 AM »
You'll have to fight me for the snow!
Oh, please ! Do we really need to fight ? I spend my time explaining that I'm not a violent person when people learn that I do a martial art.
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

urbicande

• --.- .-. .-.. ..--..
« Reply #16392 on: September 22, 2016, 10:59:51 AM »
Oh, please ! Do we really need to fight ? I spend my time explaining that I'm not a violent person when people learn that I do a martial art.

We had so little last year, though!  (Seriously, my snowboard was lonely :( )

Lazy8

• DeviantArt
  • Preferred pronouns: Name only
« Reply #16393 on: September 22, 2016, 11:18:40 AM »
I take it that you haven't spent much time walking through it in -30C weather.
That's where it's coming from. At least in my case. ;V If it weren't so cold, and if transport were less of an issue, I probably wouldn't hate it as much as I do.

I'll second this. And they're really lax about clearing the sidewalks around here (if there even is a sidewalk, but that's perfectly navigable when there isn't any snow). And it's a full hour's walk from my dojang to my apartment. (Because the public transportation in this city sucks, that's why.) And it takes me so much longer to get dressed if I have to dress for snow - my snowboots are a massive pain to get on and lace up and everything. Summer, I can just slip into some sandals and walk out the door, but if it's winter then nope! Winter makes everything about three times harder than it has to be, and snow in particular makes everything about five times harder.
:usa: native
:spain: comes back in an emergency
:vaticancity: rusty
:china: can usually manage to order food
:norway: can hold a basic conversation

:chap5: | :book2: | :book3: | :chap17: :chap18:

Mélusine

« Reply #16394 on: September 22, 2016, 11:19:06 AM »
We had so little last year, though!  (Seriously, my snowboard was lonely :( )
But you had some ! I'm not lying when I say "barely a snowflake" ! The afternoon I thought it would at last snow, I saw a few snowflakes during... one or two minutes ? And that was all. Oh, sorry, we had snow during maybe ten minutes an other day, but it was melting immediately. So yes, I have some hopes for this winter... ^^