Author Topic: General Discussion Thread  (Read 2387874 times)

Juniper

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • 달도 차면 기운다
Re: General Discussion Thread
« Reply #16365 on: September 15, 2016, 01:52:17 PM »
*frustrated grumbling because I left my tarot cards back in the states and there's quite a few things I REALLY wanna give myself a reading on right about now* >:c

Even if you don't believe in tarot as a form of fortune telling / clarevoyance I think a lot of why I do it is because there's a psychological benefit. When I'm interpreting the cards and what the interpretations make me think of and feel gives me better understanding of what I really want and how I really feel on the situation which with better insight on what I really feel and think makes me feel more equipped to make the right choice or act accordingly in a given situation.

Although I have had weird situations like that time I gave myself a reading on the same thing like eight times and each time I got the same card which was a card that basically meant dissapointment and sure enough that was totally accurate.

Native: :usa:
I guess I'm pretty okay :france: :southkorea:
Learning: :finland: :arableague: :sign:

Yuuago

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • Well, there's still hope in this world.
  • Preferred pronouns: He/etc
« Reply #16366 on: September 15, 2016, 02:23:37 PM »
When I'm interpreting the cards and what the interpretations make me think of and feel gives me better understanding of what I really want and how I really feel on the situation which with better insight on what I really feel and think makes me feel more equipped to make the right choice or act accordingly in a given situation.

This is why I read them as well.

It sucks that you forgot your deck in the states. (I guess there isn't much chance of picking one up where you are? I don't know if it's much of a Thing in Korea.)
Journal | Tumblr | Fic Archive
Og kring meg i myrket/snøar og snøar det. - Olav H. Hauge

Juniper

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • 달도 차면 기운다
« Reply #16367 on: September 15, 2016, 02:54:27 PM »
This is why I read them as well.

It sucks that you forgot your deck in the states. (I guess there isn't much chance of picking one up where you are? I don't know if it's much of a Thing in Korea.)

My impression so far is that there are some people in Korea who do tarot but it's not nearly as popular or as common.

I suppose there's always ordering some off the internet. Orrrrrr better yet I can do tea leaf readings. When I've done tea leaf readings in the past I've found it had the same effect.

Yuuago

• Tumblr
  • Well, there's still hope in this world.
  • Preferred pronouns: He/etc
« Reply #16368 on: September 15, 2016, 02:56:12 PM »
My impression so far is that there are some people in Korea who do tarot but it's not nearly as popular or as common.

I suppose there's always ordering some off the internet. Orrrrrr better yet I can do tea leaf readings. When I've done tea leaf readings in the past I've found it had the same effect.

It's also possible to read playing cards. Though of course that'd require learning a different style of reading.

The tea reading sounds like a good idea. : D
Journal | Tumblr | Fic Archive
Og kring meg i myrket/snøar og snøar det. - Olav H. Hauge

Juniper

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • 달도 차면 기운다
« Reply #16369 on: September 15, 2016, 03:08:28 PM »
It's also possible to read playing cards. Though of course that'd require learning a different style of reading.

The tea reading sounds like a good idea. : D

I was actually thinking about playing cards. I'm not that experienced at reading tarot and mostly just do a combination of following my gut or reading how to do things off the internet, so transitioning to using playing cards might not be too hard :3

Hrollo

• Ranger
« Reply #16370 on: September 15, 2016, 05:21:26 PM »
Until you can find a real deck, there are sites whith flash tarot readers; here's one: http://xtarot.com/tarot-reading/free-online/
Fluent: :fr: :gb:
Some knowledge: :it:
Attempting to learn again: :de:
Passive familiarity: :es: :br: :ad: :ro:

Lazy8

• DeviantArt
  • Preferred pronouns: Name only
« Reply #16371 on: September 15, 2016, 07:17:29 PM »
Just took advantage of the complete lack of furniture in my apartment to do some indoor training. You'd think I would have learned by now; my mental health has been deteriorating and I've just been one big ball of anger and nerves stretched tight as a bowstring, and it could all be fixed with some simple hard exercise, but my usual outlet has been growing increasingly less effective as all of the best sparring partners leave for college, so it's just me and a bunch of little kids, sparring does nothing and even on forms night I usually get pulled to teach. So I finally got my act together and ran through some forms in my living room. My arms feel like noodles and my body is going to take it out of my hide tomorrow for neglecting my training for so long, but worth it. Oh so very much worth it.
:usa: native
:spain: comes back in an emergency
:vaticancity: rusty
:china: can usually manage to order food
:norway: can hold a basic conversation

:chap5: | :book2: | :book3: | :chap17: :chap18:

Róisín

• Traveller on the Bird's Path
  • Elder of the Ruined Realm
« Reply #16372 on: September 15, 2016, 07:26:36 PM »
Lazy8: nothing like a bit of hard training to still the mind, is there? Weeding and chopping wood work pretty well, too!

Juniper: ordinary cards can work, so can a bowl of water or ink. Or you could make a craft project of constructing a set of runes, either using painted pebbles as some moderns do, or the traditional thing of small discs of wood with the runes carved or burned into them.
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

Athena

• previously Luth Nightbreeze
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #16373 on: September 15, 2016, 09:58:10 PM »
So, there's a girl in my class who I've thought for a while looks a LOT like Emil. Today in social class I found out that she actually has Swedish heritage. Distant relative of the Vasterstroms? :))
tired programmer girl with stories in her head and magic in her heart

currently working on a video game/digital novel called Keeper of the Labyrinth<3

avatar from the now-unavailable webcomic Prague Race

Róisín

• Traveller on the Bird's Path
  • Elder of the Ruined Realm
« Reply #16374 on: September 16, 2016, 12:05:49 AM »
Does she have hair sparkles?
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

Kelpie

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • formerly known as Jhev
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #16375 on: September 16, 2016, 12:10:43 AM »
Quote from: Róisín
Does she have hair sparkles?
I second this question.
:chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21:

Fluent :usa:
Learning :germany:
Can count in :japan:
Actually learned a lot of in elementary school, but can now only remember how to decline verbs :vaticancity:
Maybe some day :norway:

Kiraly

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
  • SSSSinnamon roll
  • Preferred pronouns: she, her, etc.
« Reply #16376 on: September 16, 2016, 08:12:40 AM »
So, there's a girl in my class who I've thought for a while looks a LOT like Emil. Today in social class I found out that she actually has Swedish heritage. Distant relative of the Vasterstroms? :))

Hehe, that ol' Swedish heritage will do that. When I was a kid I could have passed for one of Emil's cousins (I even had basically the same haircut!) but now my hair is much darker.
Languages: :usa: (native) :mexico: (conversational but out of practice) :germany: (attempting to learn)
Survivor: :artd::book1+::chap6::chap7::chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21:

Double H

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
« Reply #16377 on: September 19, 2016, 04:50:21 PM »

:))
Pretentious? Moi?

Jethan

• Ranger
  • Lurker and Forum Gamer
« Reply #16378 on: September 19, 2016, 05:22:00 PM »
A ruined car, but at least we get a funny gif out of it. xD
An innate goofball who wanted to be elegant and composed.  That ain't happening.

Solokov

• Live life, start chaos.
« Reply #16379 on: September 20, 2016, 09:25:58 PM »
Finished off a dance with dragons today....

So many interesting plot points going on that could have neen used by the show...hbo goofed by diverting too much..

*still wonders how the raven got into the kettle*

Also ended up making pork stroganoff tonight for dinner.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2016, 09:27:38 PM by Solokov »
I'm a writer too,
writing things for you,
Mostly 'pocylyse things though, check out my story from the start, Blog with the Blastwave.
A relay of the /k/ signal corps.