Author Topic: General Discussion Thread  (Read 2410610 times)

Oskutin

• Scout
  • Half man, half machine
Re: General Discussion Thread
« Reply #1980 on: December 01, 2014, 08:31:55 PM »
If you people hasn't guessed it already i'm INTJ, tested couple of times years ago when i first found this MBTI thing, then i studied this thing a lot and compared myself against the definitions of the types.
I'm very dr. House like with sarcastic and political humour and always looking solutions for things.

mithrysc

• Ranger
  • indefinite hiatus
« Reply #1981 on: December 01, 2014, 08:33:57 PM »
Wait, this is late but oh my gosh, I did that same thing with my characters - though not some, all. Took about a whole week out of my summer. At least a week. (And I'm an ISTJ too, but I've taken a few tests so I'm rather sure about it.)

It was interesting trying to get the questions to fit for the setting/ world some of the characters lived in, or their occupations. For example, "You are almost never late for your appointments" or "You rapidly get involved in the social life of a new workplace."

*character is essentially a bounty hunter*

Hm.

Piney

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #1982 on: December 01, 2014, 08:50:33 PM »
It was interesting trying to get the questions to fit for the setting/ world some of the characters lived in, or their occupations. For example, "You are almost never late for your appointments" or "You rapidly get involved in the social life of a new workplace."

*character is essentially a bounty hunter*

Hm.

Hahaha I actually had the same problem, though mostly because the character would be either a freelancer or a freeloader. I also had the problem when taking it for myself because I've never before had a job and will probably end up as a freelancer or freeloader myself.

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

OrigamiOwl

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
« Reply #1983 on: December 01, 2014, 09:13:45 PM »
If you people hasn't guessed it already i'm INTJ, tested couple of times years ago when i first found this MBTI thing, then i studied this thing a lot and compared myself against the definitions of the types.
I'm very dr. House like with sarcastic and political humour and always looking solutions for things.
I took the test mid-last-year, (because boredom) and then a few times through the year (also boredom, I'm not obsessed with quizzes I swear :P) without recording the results, and then again this morning, and all times got INTJ. But there's a weird difference in the percentages from the first and latest test :P
1st:      I 33% N 12% T 25% J 22%
Latest: I 56% N 62% T 38% J 44%
Everything is...more...

I also had the problem when taking it for myself because I've never before had a job and will probably end up as a freelancer or freeloader myself.
Same here, I interpreted "workplace" as university and farm :P
« Last Edit: December 01, 2014, 09:33:35 PM by OrigamiOwl »
:artd: :book1+: :book2:
:chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16:

mithrysc

• Ranger
  • indefinite hiatus
« Reply #1984 on: December 01, 2014, 09:42:13 PM »
Hahaha I actually had the same problem, though mostly because the character would be either a freelancer or a freeloader.

Said character actually does describe herself as a freelancer, just that she freelances as an information thief.

I took the test mid-last-year, and then a few times through the year without recording the results, and then again this morning, and all times got INTJ. But there's a weird difference in the percentages from the first and latest test :P
1st:      I 33% N 12% T 25% J 22%
Latest: I 56% N 62% T 38% J 44%
Everything is...more...
You've learned to game the test to get your desired results. :P Or maybe you're *waves hands vaguely* growing into your personality-as-dictated-by-Myers-Briggs or something.

From the times that I've recorded, I and T are pretty much 50% or above. J for some reason is always exactly 11%, and I flip-flop between being slightly S and slightly N, though I tend to have higher percentages for S.

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #1985 on: December 01, 2014, 09:51:33 PM »
Said character actually does describe herself as a freelancer, just that she freelances as an information thief.
You've learned to game the test to get your desired results. :P Or maybe you're *waves hands vaguely* growing into your personality-as-dictated-by-Myers-Briggs or something.

From the times that I've recorded, I and T are pretty much 50% or above. J for some reason is always exactly 11%, and I flip-flop between being slightly S and slightly N, though I tend to have higher percentages for S.

I haven't retaken the test recently because now I'm very familiar with the questions, and therefore know what I answered for them in the past.
One test (one that wasn't from the Human Metrics site) said I was an ISFJ. I read the des ription and it's definitely not me, but I think the T is usually my lowest percentage.

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

OrigamiOwl

« Reply #1986 on: December 01, 2014, 10:01:02 PM »
Agh! O___O
Although I have gotten noticeably more antisocial and (or because of) prone to fed-up-ness with some rl people and stuff in the past few months :/ as long as I don't turn into Spock or Hannu I should be fine ;P *clutches inner-soul Ville* X'D

I haven't retaken the test recently because now I'm very familiar with the questions, and therefore know what I answered for them in the past.
One test (one that wasn't from the Human Metrics site) said I was an ISFJ. I read the des ription and it's definitely not me, but I think the T is usually my lowest percentage.
Oooooh, interesting~

Oskutin

• Scout
  • Half man, half machine
« Reply #1987 on: December 01, 2014, 10:02:49 PM »
Here's what internet is thinking about these.

Oskutin

• Scout
  • Half man, half machine
« Reply #1988 on: December 01, 2014, 10:10:20 PM »
Agh! O___O
Although I have gotten noticeably more antisocial and (or because of) prone to fed-up-ness with some rl people and stuff in the past few months :/ as long as I don't turn into Spock or Hannu I should be fine ;P *clutches inner-soul Ville* X'D
Oooooh, interesting~
Heh, "no humans, no problems".

I don't care about parties and social events at all, and I don't like talking with most of the people.
I often talk with my few friends about topics like science, technology, politics, history and etc... And I do like talking with professors and similar persons about the same topics, I could say that i get along better with many professors in my uni than others students.
And i'm very nocturnal.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2014, 10:31:20 PM by Oskutin »

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #1989 on: December 01, 2014, 10:25:37 PM »
Here's what internet is thinking about these.
[insert pictures here]

I've read that ISFJs are "people-centric." I'm definitely not people-centric - I'm rather selfish, actually.

OrigamiOwl

« Reply #1990 on: December 01, 2014, 10:34:44 PM »
Heh,'no humans, no problems'.

I don't care about parties and social events at all, and I don't like talking with most of the people.
I often talk with my few friends about topics like science, technology, politics, history and etc... And I do like talking with professors and similar persons about the same topics, I could say that i get along better with many professors in my uni than others students.
And i'm very nocturnal.
I took a different test, and got INFP :P by "that much" which is nice haha
Maybe it's because I was feeling happier because I was watching a man fail to ruin a castle on Grand Designs ;P

I'll go to social things if I haaaaave to, because I don't want to be unintentionally rude or alienate myself from the few friends I have, even if we never talk. So I will always politely decline the party, and weasel them into meeting up for a quiet lunch instead to discuss stuff. If worst comes to worst, I'll go to the party and sit in the corner and discuss the same topics as you do. I'm very much the same with my classes too, I feel a bit outside of the city-savvy classmates, they're very judge-first-no-second-thoughts :/
If I was able to be more nocturnal I probably would, but I'm currently sharing my room (for at least 4-5 weeks now ;__;) with my mother x_____x

I've read that ISFJs are "people-centric." I'm definitely not people-centric - I'm rather selfish, actually.

You're a people ;P maybe it means people vs animals? *fails to bend meaning*

StellersJayC

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • Happy!
« Reply #1991 on: December 01, 2014, 10:38:50 PM »
I took a different test, and got INFP  by "that much" which is nice haha
Maybe it's because I was feeling happier because I was watching a man fail to ruin a castle on Grand Designs ;P

Hmmm... The last few times I took the test I've gotten INFP, so I guess that's correct, but a few years ago when the school councellers at my middle school made all the kids take the test twice a year I got a different answer every time.

Oskutin

• Scout
  • Half man, half machine
« Reply #1992 on: December 01, 2014, 10:42:30 PM »
I suspect that Minna and Lalli (she basically made him after herself* + some more cat like behavior) are very INFP  :D

*When i read this comic for the first thime I was amazed and wondered how well she portrayed the extremely intuitive introverted nature of Lalli. And then i read Minnas bio and i got explanation to that.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2014, 10:45:47 PM by Oskutin »

Eich

• Thor
  • Retired Forum Admin
« Reply #1993 on: December 01, 2014, 10:46:37 PM »
Heh, "no humans, no problems".

And i'm very nocturnal.
I've traditionally gotten along better with adults than my peers, but now my peers are turning into adults, and my peers at work are already adults, and my world is turning upside-down.

I took a different test, and got INFP :P by "that much" which is nice haha

I'll go to social things if I haaaaave to, because I don't want to be unintentionally rude or alienate myself from the few friends I have, even if we never talk. So I will always politely decline the party, and weasel them into meeting up for a quiet lunch instead to discuss stuff. If worst comes to worst, I'll go to the party and sit in the corner and discuss the same topics as you do. I'm very much the same with my classes too, I feel a bit outside of the city-savvy classmates, they're very judge-first-no-second-thoughts :/
If I was able to be more nocturnal I probably would, but I'm currently sharing my room (for at least 4-5 weeks now ;__;) with my mother x_____x
I haven't done anything with my friends in a month and a half now... *sigh*  Any time I'm feeling up to it, everyone's busy, but when they want to hang out, I'm not feeling up to it.  It takes so long to recover from hangouts, though... 
Feel free to PM.

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #1994 on: December 01, 2014, 10:49:05 PM »

Pretty sure it means like "generous" or "willingly does stuff for other people."

I haven't done anything with my friends in a month and a half now... *sigh*  Any time I'm feeling up to it, everyone's busy, but when they want to hang out, I'm not feeling up to it.  It takes so long to recover from hangouts, though... 

When I say I don't have a social life, I mean I don't have a social life. I try to avoid going out as much as possible so I can have the greatest amount of 'me time' I can get. Often I'll get lonely and want to hang out with someone, but I can never initiate hang outs because it's like "who should I hang out with??" "what if they don't want to hang out or they're busy??" "They probably think I'm clingy for wanting to hang out with them specifically!" ... and then I can never keep friends.  :P
« Last Edit: December 01, 2014, 10:55:33 PM by Piney »