Author Topic: General Discussion Thread  (Read 2387607 times)

Juniper

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • 달도 차면 기운다
Re: General Discussion Thread
« Reply #16290 on: September 05, 2016, 07:53:53 AM »
I guess someone couldn't go more than seven year without a McDonald's burger so they had one sent to Iceland from Hungary.

"Someone sends an entire McDonalds hamburger to Iceland in the mail" Story: english : icelandic

But, why from Hungary ? There's definitely McDonalds closer to Iceland than Hungary D:

Native: :usa:
I guess I'm pretty okay :france: :southkorea:
Learning: :finland: :arableague: :sign:

Helia

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #16291 on: September 05, 2016, 08:12:39 AM »
But, why from Hungary ? There's definitely McDonalds closer to Iceland than Hungary D:

The closest place with an idiot a helpful person who would do such a silly thing :P
We have too many junk food restaurants anyway...
native: :hungary:  fluent: :uk:  special: :germany:

:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:

Q

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • Preferred pronouns: they
« Reply #16292 on: September 05, 2016, 11:45:27 AM »
I was oddly relieved to hear that they let it through. Imagine going to that trouble and then not even getting to eat it anyway...

It's McDonald's so I don't doubt it tasted the same after, what, two weeks in transit?

Good on them. Enjoy yourselves. ;P
Fluent: :usa:
Conversational: :norway:
Forgot most of it and started over: :russia:
Maybe someday: :hungary: :japan: :finland: :iceland:

Yuuago

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • Well, there's still hope in this world.
  • Preferred pronouns: He/etc
« Reply #16293 on: September 05, 2016, 12:08:00 PM »
It's McDonald's so I don't doubt it tasted the same after, what, two weeks in transit?

O_O
Ew

I mean, you're probably right, but ew. xD
Journal | Tumblr | Fic Archive
Og kring meg i myrket/snøar og snøar det. - Olav H. Hauge

Basse

• Scout
  • I don't know what I'm doing!
« Reply #16294 on: September 05, 2016, 12:40:41 PM »

A McDonald's burger never goes bad.
Native: :sweden:
:chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:
:book3:

Johannabelle

• Scout
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • less is more
« Reply #16295 on: September 05, 2016, 04:32:12 PM »
Wait what?! I'm hoping there are non-dangerous species and it was one of those. Can you figure out how it got in? My sympathies, I certainly wouldn't be okay after something like this either.
Eek, I hope it wasn't too dangerous as well. D: It was only about an inch and a half long, but I just read that the smaller ones are typically more venomous.

I'm thinking it might've gotten in through the vents or garage? But it might've actually been here for a couple weeks, we just moved into this house and the door was open all day while we were bringing stuff in. Ughhhh, we're gonna have a pest control guy come in soon, so I really hope that takes care of it and I won't have to worry about any more.
❄~Lurks and sometimes draws~❄
Fluent: :us: | Someday: :ru:

:chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21::A2chap01::A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:

Double H

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
« Reply #16296 on: September 05, 2016, 05:36:22 PM »
Who knows, just another piece in this mysterious puzzle.

A McDonald's burger never goes bad.
Speaking of McDonald's never going bad there is at least one more McD burger in Iceland right now. In fact you can watch it here live right now.

Anyway... "Man the 5 o'clock traffic is insane" I thought to myself today, sitting in my car, alone, in traffic, at 5 o'clock.
I should probably take the bus. I don't like driving my tin can of a car anyway. Plus it's cheaper. It will mean I will take much longer to get to work and back home since I work in Reykjavík but live outside of it but it's probably gonna be worth it.
Pretentious? Moi?

Róisín

• Traveller on the Bird's Path
  • Elder of the Ruined Realm
« Reply #16297 on: September 05, 2016, 06:45:17 PM »
Johannabelle, where are you in the world? And what did the scorpion look like? Good odds it wasn't deadly - most scorpion stings aren't much worse than a bee or wasp sting, unless you are allergic. There are deadly scorpions, but most of those live in deserts or forests.
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

Johannabelle

• Scout
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • less is more
« Reply #16298 on: September 05, 2016, 09:48:39 PM »
Johannabelle, where are you in the world? And what did the scorpion look like? Good odds it wasn't deadly - most scorpion stings aren't much worse than a bee or wasp sting, unless you are allergic. There are deadly scorpions, but most of those live in deserts or forests.
Ah, I'm in Arizona now, near Phoenix. It was a sand colored one, and it was pretty small at just an inch and a half. Regardless of whether or not it was deadly, I still really don't want to see another one, haha.
❄~Lurks and sometimes draws~❄
Fluent: :us: | Someday: :ru:

:chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21::A2chap01::A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:

Solokov

• Live life, start chaos.
« Reply #16299 on: September 05, 2016, 10:16:16 PM »
*decides against mentioning the rule of thumb on scorpion sizes, colors and toxicity*

Eh.. it's dead so nothing to worry about anyway.
I'm a writer too,
writing things for you,
Mostly 'pocylyse things though, check out my story from the start, Blog with the Blastwave.
A relay of the /k/ signal corps.

Purple Wyrm

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • The Bombay Sausage of 2018!
  • Preferred pronouns: He/Him/Dat Fing
« Reply #16300 on: September 05, 2016, 11:21:46 PM »
Ah, I'm in Arizona now, near Phoenix. It was a sand colored one, and it was pretty small at just an inch and a half. Regardless of whether or not it was deadly, I still really don't want to see another one, haha.

If you really want to know what kind of scorpion it was, this page - which includes pictures of scorpions oh god don't look - may help.

If you'd rather remain in ignorance, I can't blame you :)
Native :australia:
Fluent :newzealand: :uk: :usa: :canada: (Yes, I realise that's cheating)
Might remember some in an emergency :italy:
Understands the concept, just not the specifics :vaticancity:

:chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21:

:A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

⁂ Iron fisted ruler of Caversham Airfield ⁂ Sigrun isn't immune, t

Unlos

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
« Reply #16301 on: September 06, 2016, 12:30:25 AM »
*Pats pats Unlos and offers chocolate to eat with the coffee*
*grabs the chocolate thankfully*

Róisín

• Traveller on the Bird's Path
  • Elder of the Ruined Realm
« Reply #16302 on: September 06, 2016, 04:31:46 AM »
Unlos: *sends some ginger chocolate to go with the the coffee, and sympathises most heartily*

Johannabelle: I do hope it wasn't a bark scorpion! In Phoenix, as here in Australia, it is sensible to always remember to shake out shoes and gloves before putting them on, and to never put your hands anywhere you can't see them. I have both scorpions and centipedes in my garden, but it's not a problem since I actually like the creatures. But I still don't put my hands where I can't see them! Good luck in your new place, and I hope you don't see too many other alarming creatures!

Wyrm, thank you for putting up those pages of beautiful scorpions! They are lovely - such good close-ups.
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

urbicande

• --.- .-. .-.. ..--..
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him/his
« Reply #16303 on: September 06, 2016, 08:50:21 AM »
One of the nice things about where I live is we have NO scorpions and no venomous snakes.
Keep an eye on me. I shimmer on horizons.

Survivor: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: / :book2:   :chap13:   :chap14:  :chap15: :chap16: / :book3:  :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:  :chap21: / :book4:

:A2chap01:

Fluent:  :usa: :uk: :canada:
Basic conversation:  :france: :germany:
Learning: :sweden: :finland:
A couple of words:  :spain: :italy:

VibratingText

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: He/him
« Reply #16304 on: September 06, 2016, 09:28:12 AM »
One of the nice things about where I live is we have NO scorpions and no venomous snakes.

What's the fun of life if you don't have venomous sneks to worry about? Just remember no step on snek and you'll be fine.
:chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15:

Native: :usa:
Tolerable: :germany:
Still Learning: :italy:
n00b at: :russia: :norway: :japan: