Author Topic: General Discussion Thread  (Read 2410155 times)

OrigamiOwl

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
Re: General Discussion Thread
« Reply #1755 on: November 24, 2014, 04:08:43 AM »
Hi guys :), I've got a Question and I wasn't sure where to post it...

Is Minna okay with people using her pictures/comic pages as cover art/profile pictures for external sites ?

I created a ARTD and SSSS inspired mix on 8tracks and wasn't sure if it was okay to use her comic art as the cover :-\. With proper credits and sourcing of course. But just to be safe, does anyone know if Minna has said anything regarding the use of her art?

Thanks in advance for any replies :)

I'm not actually sure, but that sounds fine? Someone else made an SSSS mix on 8tracks and used the book cover art.....so it should be all ok, especially if it's all linked up? :)
*is excited for the mix!* X3
:artd: :book1+: :book2:
:chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16:

Lenny

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Ninja.
  • Preferred pronouns: My name. They/them.
« Reply #1756 on: November 24, 2014, 06:44:53 AM »

Is Minna okay with people using her pictures/comic pages as cover art/profile pictures for external sites ?

I created a ARTD and SSSS inspired mix on 8tracks and wasn't sure if it was okay to use her comic art as the cover :-\. With proper credits and sourcing of course. But just to be safe, does anyone know if Minna has said anything regarding the use of her art?

Also, Minna haunts the comment section of her latest page rather regularly, and answers most questions people put to her, so if you haven't tried yet, you could try asking there, too~ From what I remember about earlier questions that were somewhat similar, I think it was fine as long as she received credit somewhere easily visible?
Am notified of private messages via email.

Fimbulvarg

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #1757 on: November 24, 2014, 11:20:27 AM »
Apparently I must have spent the entire 6-hour exam rubbing my hair to aid in the thinking process. I went out to buy some stuff in my favorite shops afterwards and didn't even notice until I got home that I looked like Spike Spiegel after a failed execution attempt with the electric chair. No wonder I got strange looks.

I fear JoB is located closer to me. Caaaalm down Nimphy, eeeeverything is juuuust fiiiiine...
In all honesty I don't think JoB could ever be in trouble. He's basically a human isotope, constantly radiating capsaicin particles.

You're a power ranger, along with me, Sunflower, Fimbulvarg, and JoB.
Nimphy is our villain made of cardboard and Styrofoam, come to take over the world.
This. The single most important thing to happen in the past few weeks.

kjeks

• Retired Moderator
« Reply #1758 on: November 24, 2014, 11:41:13 AM »
Thiscat and potatoebunny are back? Nice to see you again.

I fear bad emotions are hitting many people at the moment. Many of our pupils are in bad moods due to some parents acting really nasty to them. So their mood is bad, their friend's mood is bad as well and until we get home, me and my collegues are wishing for sun more than anything else. Now, we don't live in norway so we have some hours of sun left till we get home, but somewhat it is never enough. It seems to me like that at last.
:germany: :uk: :norway:
:sweden: :france: :ireland: :turkey: :kurdish: :sign: =>Learning:
:vaticancity: =>Leftovers

Forum Rules
Helpful Information

Solovei

• Tumblr
  • You name it, Captain Solo will ship it.
« Reply #1759 on: November 24, 2014, 12:03:13 PM »

I'm sure you'll be fine if you give a link back to her site. Also, I'd love to listen to it, you should post the link somewhere on the SSSS board!
:hat:Support your fanfic authors!:betterhat:
Co-admin of the SSSS Wiki | AO3 |
:chap2:
:chap3:
:chap4:
:chap5:
:chap6:
:chap7:
:chap8:

Fluent: :canada: :russia:
Managing to stumble through: :sweden:

Eich

• Thor
  • Retired Forum Admin
« Reply #1760 on: November 24, 2014, 06:01:58 PM »
Something super cool just happened on the way home from work.  I had to get work late today so I can leave early on Wednesday, and I also needed to get some gas, so I stopped by the gas station by work on my way to the highway.  I filled up and this guy came up and asked for some gas money.  Normally, I'd say no, but I gave him a few bucks of gas anyway and we talked for a bit.  He said he had been driving all day, and was out of gas, and that was tracking down a Mexican who ripped off him and his brother with an under-the-table deal.  The under-the-table deal wasn't surprising - I live in South Carolina - but the tracking down thing was new.  :-\  He seemed like a good enough guy, I think, and he'd obviously had it kind of rough in the last couple of days.  Anyway, he got his ten dollars of gas and went on his way, I got in my car, and what song should come on my ipod, but literally the most perfect song for the entire situation.  :D
Maybe he'll think of the young stranger who helped him out in his time of need, this Thursday.

Speaking of which, it's almost Thanksgiving!  *Cheers way too much*
Looooooooove this holiday!
Feel free to PM.

OrigamiOwl

« Reply #1761 on: November 24, 2014, 06:19:15 PM »
Maybe he'll think of the young stranger who helped him out in his time of need, this Thursday.

Haha actually, the first thing that popped into my mind was "What if the man murders that Mexican dude and it goes on the news, and they find security footage of Eich giving the murderer money, and the headline is "Holiday spirit accidentally aids murder spree" oh nooo!"
But that's unlikely.... I hope..... XP

How long is the thanksgiving holiday? Or is it the actual event that you love? Or what? :3 (Knows nothing of thanksgiving except what I've seen on tv...)

ThisCat

• Ranger
  • Meow. Mew-eoow meaow, miaow. Mow.
« Reply #1762 on: November 24, 2014, 06:23:32 PM »
Something super cool just happened on the way home from work.

-> INSERT STORY HERE

That's a seriously cool story. I hope he managed to catch the guy. He sorta deserves to just for trying.
We don't really have thanksgiving, but I wish we did. There's literally nothing between autumn-vacation and christmas. And in uni we don't even have autumn-vacation. :(
:norway:
 Mostly quiet.
:uk:

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #1763 on: November 24, 2014, 06:30:19 PM »
Haha actually, the first thing that popped into my mind was "What if the man murders that Mexican dude and it goes on the news, and they find security footage of Eich giving the murderer money, and the headline is "Holiday spirit accidentally aids murder spree" oh nooo!"

How long is the thanksgiving holiday? Or is it the actual event that you love? Or what? :3 (Knows nothing of thanksgiving except what I've seen on tv...)
That's what I thought too! What if he needed the petrol to incinerate the body! Ya dun goofed Eichewawa!

Thanksgiving is cool I suppose, but kind of redundant for me now that I have vacation till the 10th of January.

Eich

• Thor
  • Retired Forum Admin
« Reply #1764 on: November 24, 2014, 06:30:46 PM »

Yeah, I didn't bother asking about his dealings.  He didn't go further into it, so I wasn't going to pry.  He didn't seem like the murdery type, though.  Honestly, I didn't even think about what holiday it almost was until after I was driving away. 

I get Thursday and Friday off.  It's mainly the day itself that I like so much.  It's a day devoted to being thankful for what you have, however much or little.  It's just such a positive day with such a good meaning.  My family usually celebrates by getting together and eating a big meal, like everybody else usually does.  Then we just sit around and be together until it gets late, and everybody goes home.

That's a seriously cool story. I hope he managed to catch the guy. He sorta deserves to just for trying.
We don't really have thanksgiving, but I wish we did. There's literally nothing between autumn-vacation and christmas. And in uni we don't even have autumn-vacation. :(
I would fully support Thanksgiving being an international holiday.  It comes from some American history (some pretty sad history, I think... I can't remember.  Noah could probably say), but the point of the day is just... good.  Plus, ohmygosh, no autumn break...  I only got autumn break after starting uni, so it was new, coming out of high school.  It's very much needed, even for me, so you guys could definitely do with an extra holiday.
Feel free to PM.

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #1765 on: November 24, 2014, 06:43:22 PM »
Plus, ohmygosh, no autumn break...  I only got autumn break after starting uni, so it was new, coming out of high school.  It's very much needed, even for me, so you guys could definitely do with an extra holiday.

I don't have an autumn break either, the consequences of attending a private college. I also don't get national holidays like Columbus Day off. Even if I can't go home, I always need an extra day or two to relax. My sister goes to a public college and she got autumn break and national holidays off. Sigh.

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

JoB

• Mage of the Great Restructuring
« Reply #1766 on: November 24, 2014, 07:02:47 PM »
Haha actually, the first thing that popped into my mind was "What if the man murders that Mexican dude and it goes on the news, and they find security footage of Eich giving the murderer money, and the headline is "Holiday spirit accidentally aids murder spree" oh nooo!
What if they find Eich's music reference here and consider it mobster lingo? ;D
native: :de: secondary: :us: :fr:
:artd: :book1+: :book2: :book3: :book4: etc.
PGP Key 0xBEF02A15, Fingerprint C12C 53DC BB92 2FE5 9725  C1AE 5E0F F1AF BEF0 2A15

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #1767 on: November 24, 2014, 07:30:00 PM »
Unrelated, but I just noticed that we have a new record for online users...

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

OrigamiOwl

« Reply #1768 on: November 24, 2014, 07:31:56 PM »
Unrelated, but I just noticed that we have a new record for online users...
Whooooah! When did that happen?! :O Cool!

Solovei

• Tumblr
  • You name it, Captain Solo will ship it.
« Reply #1769 on: November 24, 2014, 07:40:05 PM »
Gah... it's only 5:30 pm here but I am already kind of tired... It's these short days. Maybe if I go to sleep now I can just wake up tomorrow and it'll be time to go pick up Persona Q...
:hat:Support your fanfic authors!:betterhat:
Co-admin of the SSSS Wiki | AO3 |
:chap2:
:chap3:
:chap4:
:chap5:
:chap6:
:chap7:
:chap8:

Fluent: :canada: :russia:
Managing to stumble through: :sweden: