Author Topic: General Discussion Thread  (Read 2387211 times)

Lazy8

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • DeviantArt
  • Preferred pronouns: Name only
Re: General Discussion Thread
« Reply #15030 on: April 11, 2016, 10:58:46 PM »
So, has anyone heard of the ice hotel in Sweden ?!? The hotel made entirely out of ice ?!? Has anyone actually had the privilege of staying there or . . ? (Maybe not because it is hella expensive) I heard about it the other day and I have a strong craving to stay there at least one night at least once in my life because ahhhhh it's just so pretty and chilly looking

*can't sleep with cold feet*

*can't sleep if it's cold in general*

*hates cold with a fiery burning passion*

*runs away screaming*
:usa: native
:spain: comes back in an emergency
:vaticancity: rusty
:china: can usually manage to order food
:norway: can hold a basic conversation

:chap5: | :book2: | :book3: | :chap17: :chap18:

viola

• Hel
  • Conqueror of an Abandoned City
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #15031 on: April 11, 2016, 11:00:51 PM »
So, has anyone heard of the ice hotel in Sweden ?!? The hotel made entirely out of ice ?!? Has anyone actually had the privilege of staying there or . . ? (Maybe not because it is hella expensive) I heard about it the other day and I have a strong craving to stay there at least one night at least once in my life because ahhhhh it's just so pretty and chilly looking

They have one of those in Quebec too
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

Róisín

• Traveller on the Bird's Path
  • Elder of the Ruined Realm
« Reply #15032 on: April 11, 2016, 11:12:19 PM »
Ice hotel sounds wonderful. Anybody seen the underground motel at Coober Pedy? The rooms are cut  into the stone, and are blessedly cool after the searing temperatures outside.
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

Juniper

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • 달도 차면 기운다
« Reply #15033 on: April 12, 2016, 12:00:43 AM »
They have one of those in Quebec too

That's wonderful news considering that's in closer proximity to me, so much more realistic and affordable, although having an excuse to visit Sweden would be neat too.

*can't sleep with cold feet*

*can't sleep if it's cold in general*

*hates cold with a fiery burning passion*

*runs away screaming*

The good news with cold is there's no bugs at least !!  :P

Ice hotel sounds wonderful. Anybody seen the underground motel at Coober Pedy? The rooms are cut  into the stone, and are blessedly cool after the searing temperatures outside.

I have heard of that actually yeah !!! That's super neat too. That reminds me of another post-apocalyptic web comic I read YEARS ago, I don't know if anyone's heard of Two Rooks but the premise is that the human population is being wiped out by a disease so a few of the world's elite are given shelter in an underground city to protect them from the spread of the disease and the collapse of humanity above. Not quite sure what my appeal to disease ridden post apocalyptic web comics is but it's starting to become a reoccurring theme. 

Native: :usa:
I guess I'm pretty okay :france: :southkorea:
Learning: :finland: :arableague: :sign:

Haiz

• Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #15034 on: April 12, 2016, 12:18:21 AM »

I've been to the ice hotel in finland (or was lt sweden?? it was close to the triple border conjunction between sweden finland and norway i can't actually tell)  several times if i remember correctly but not sure if I ever stayed the night in it. I remember sleeping on some reindeer furs on an ice slab, but was that a whole night or just a nap? ? ?

either way hi i am now in greece! i am having problems staying at a hotel without blurting out every story and experience from my hotel job in prague^^"
you'll know where to find me.

Juniper

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • 달도 차면 기운다
« Reply #15035 on: April 12, 2016, 12:38:10 AM »

I've been to the ice hotel in finland (or was lt sweden?? it was close to the triple border conjunction between sweden finland and norway i can't actually tell)  several times if i remember correctly but not sure if I ever stayed the night in it. I remember sleeping on some reindeer furs on an ice slab, but was that a whole night or just a nap? ? ?

either way hi i am now in greece! i am having problems staying at a hotel without blurting out every story and experience from my hotel job in prague^^"

Wowwww you got to sleep on reindeer furs too ?!? There's no words for how Jealous I am ! I hope it was as neat of an experience as I'm imagining.

What Greece  yes ? Are you there adventuring / vacationing currently ? I'm super disappointed that during the few months I stayed in France I hardly left France to explore the rest of Europe when there's so much neat stuff to see. I hope I can go back and spend a few months adventuring and exploring everything ~

Haiz

• Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #15036 on: April 12, 2016, 12:42:33 AM »
Wowwww you got to sleep on reindeer furs too ?!? There's no words for how Jealous I am ! I hope it was as neat of an experience as I'm imagining.

What Greece  yes ? Are you there adventuring / vacationing currently ? I'm super disappointed that during the few months I stayed in France I hardly left France to explore the rest of Europe when there's so much neat stuff to see. I hope I can go back and spend a few months adventuring and exploring everything ~

sleeping on reindeer furs is not all that exclusive, if you go to the north they sell them EVERYWHERE. sleeping on them is an experience that will leave you covered in hair btw.

I'm on a shool excursion in Athens!
you'll know where to find me.

Juniper

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • 달도 차면 기운다
« Reply #15037 on: April 12, 2016, 01:08:05 AM »

sleeping on reindeer furs is not all that exclusive, if you go to the north they sell them EVERYWHERE. sleeping on them is an experience that will leave you covered in hair btw.

I'm on a shool excursion in Athens!
That makes sense, in my neck of the woods there's a decent amount of tacky tourist shops that sell furs of all sorts of common variety woodland creatures (beavers, raccoons, ect.) the good news is growing up in a house with seven indoor cats and a very large and fluffy dog I can't say I mind being covered in fur hehe.

Ahhhh that's so neat have fun !

Purple Wyrm

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • The Bombay Sausage of 2018!
  • Preferred pronouns: He/Him/Dat Fing
« Reply #15038 on: April 12, 2016, 04:28:58 AM »

My brother and his partner wanted to stay there on a trip to Scandinavia a few years back, but didn't. I can't remember if it was too expensive, too far from their itinerary, too early in the year for it to be built or too late in the year for it to be operating. But they got to go up a mountain and see the auroras, so they were happy (if rather cold).

(Edit: The last three posts I have made have all started new pages. What is going on!? Send help!!)
Native :australia:
Fluent :newzealand: :uk: :usa: :canada: (Yes, I realise that's cheating)
Might remember some in an emergency :italy:
Understands the concept, just not the specifics :vaticancity:

:chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21:

:A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

⁂ Iron fisted ruler of Caversham Airfield ⁂ Sigrun isn't immune, t

OwlsG0

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • I am occasionally scared by my own hair.
  • Preferred pronouns: She/She?/Human?/ Gender?
« Reply #15039 on: April 12, 2016, 07:04:43 AM »
(Edit: The last three posts I have made have all started new pages. What is going on!? Send help!!)

I noticed that too. I was thinking 'well played Purple', but now I'm kind of unnerved too.
I saw the future.
We are not doomed, because our Cat overlords are benevolent leaders :3

:chap11: :book2:  :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16:

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #15040 on: April 12, 2016, 12:10:12 PM »
...So Sigur Rós announced a new tour date in Brooklyn, of course I was online right as the tickets went live and it said there were no tickets available. I think the universe is conspiring against me. (I call BS.)

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

viola

• Hel
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
« Reply #15041 on: April 12, 2016, 12:18:12 PM »
...So Sigur Rós announced a new tour date in Brooklyn, of course I was online right as the tickets went live and it said there were no tickets available. I think the universe is conspiring against me. (I call BS.)

SAME! The exact same thing happened to me! AGH.
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #15042 on: April 12, 2016, 12:22:05 PM »
SAME! The exact same thing happened to me! AGH.

And of course it isn't stopping me from going on Stubhub and paying a stupid amount of money for a ticket :P

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

Troposphère

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • because chaos.
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him/his
« Reply #15043 on: April 12, 2016, 12:23:46 PM »
I keep reading on the web that sometimes the tickets are late and some people got them after 10 or twenty minutes. But there must be a lot of people fighting for every ticket.
native: :france:
ok: :uk:
have learned for years but can just say hi: :germany:
just a few words: :sweden: :iceland:

viola

• Hel
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
« Reply #15044 on: April 12, 2016, 12:24:55 PM »
And of course it isn't stopping me from going on Stubhub and paying a stupid amount of money for a ticket :P

Yeah *sighs* scalpers whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy