Author Topic: The ARTD/SSSS Yarncrafters Club  (Read 83280 times)

Kelpie

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • formerly known as Jhev
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
Re: The ARTD/SSSS Yarncrafters Club
« Reply #510 on: July 04, 2016, 03:33:42 PM »
Tellurium, wooah, those are gorgeous. *-* I seriously want to know how to knit now. I just-aaah I love them. I love them so much.
:chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21:

Fluent :usa:
Learning :germany:
Can count in :japan:
Actually learned a lot of in elementary school, but can now only remember how to decline verbs :vaticancity:
Maybe some day :norway:

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #511 on: July 04, 2016, 03:36:49 PM »

This... this is a quality first post on the forum, welcome you awesome skillful talented knitter you! The gloves are perfection, utter perfection, and just looking at them got me wondering how long it would take to knit a pair. The pattern is beautiful and I'd say more but I'm kinda speechless here.
Speak: :finland: :iceland: :uk: :icelandic sheepdog:
Butchering at every try: :sweden:
Learning: :japan:
Wishlist: :norway:

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

Yuuago

• Tumblr
  • Well, there's still hope in this world.
  • Preferred pronouns: He/etc
« Reply #512 on: July 04, 2016, 03:38:41 PM »
Hey there! So for the past two and a half weeks I've been working on knitting some stand still stay silent gloves. This was the first time I have made gloves with fingers, as all of my others before had been fingerless. Because double pointed needles freak me out, all the pieces were knit separately then sewn together. The main focus is the SSSS emblem on the back of the hand, and I tried to make the cuff look similar to that of Lalli's arm glove things,where here they appear to wrap around the wrist. All in all, I'm glad with how they turned out. (Really hope the glove pictures load properly)

Holy cats, these are GORGEOUS! Awesome work! I'm floored.
Do you have plans to share the pattern?
Journal | Tumblr | Fic Archive
Og kring meg i myrket/snøar og snøar det. - Olav H. Hauge

Helia

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #513 on: July 04, 2016, 03:51:52 PM »

Woah, amazing gloves! You're awesome!
Welcome on board fellow yarncrafter  :)
native: :hungary:  fluent: :uk:  special: :germany:

:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:

starfallz

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • MiSSSSionary
« Reply #514 on: July 04, 2016, 03:56:51 PM »
Fluent: :usa: Rusty: :japan: Uh, what? :sweden:
Chapter Break Survivor: :artd: : :chap5: :book2: :book3: :book4: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

Eris

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • Lady of Chaos
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #515 on: July 04, 2016, 03:58:01 PM »

So pretty!
-looks around-
-steals them-

-runs away while yelling, "Welcome to the forum!"-

Tr

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • Mostly lurking these days
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #516 on: July 04, 2016, 04:01:07 PM »
Hey there! So for the past two and a half weeks I've been working on knitting some stand still stay silent gloves. This was the first time I have made gloves with fingers, as all of my others before had been fingerless. Because double pointed needles freak me out, all the pieces were knit separately then sewn together. The main focus is the SSSS emblem on the back of the hand, and I tried to make the cuff look similar to that of Lalli's arm glove things,where here they appear to wrap around the wrist. All in all, I'm glad with how they turned out. (Really hope the glove pictures load properly)

Whuh... whoa. Those are amazing!
Avatar by the amazing and wonderful ginger ^-^ :chap11: :chap12: :chap13:
Fluent :usa:, Learning in school :spain:

Tellurium

• Super-Newbie
« Reply #517 on: July 04, 2016, 07:28:37 PM »
Ah, thank you those who have commented on the ssss gloves. I've never commented on the comic before or anything related, and after having the idea for gloves, I had to share them. As much as I would love to share the pattern (because that would be crazy cool), I wrote down almost none of it as I knit them, and all I have are haphazard doodles and notes crammed onto some spare engineering paper.

I can attempt to relay how they came about, however. I used super fine acrylic yarn with one-sized needles (I used straight ones,but circular or DPN could probably be used to remove the seam). I cast on 80 stitches (I used 82 to allow me some seam allowance for when I sewed together the ends) for the body, then 2x2 ribbed/did the mock cuff thing for 20 stitches with 5 of the base color, 5 for the SSSS, then 5 more blank until I started the emblem, while knitting 9 more blank before casting off. The thumb started as 13(15 w/ allowance), then increased every other row until it was 25 (27 w/ al.) Once it was long enough, I began decreasing on both ends every row until it came to a point. All of the fingers started as 13 (15 w/ al.) except the pinky, which was 11 (13 w/ al.). Those were all knit until I thought them long enough. I placed the thumb approximately between the 19th and 39th stitch from the top of the cuff. I sewed the fingers onto the base using my hand as a mold to keep the pieces in place.

To anyone who would like to use any of that, take as you will, feel free to modify and such. I'm just super glad they ended up fitting my hands, as I have a notorious habit of making things just a bit too small or to large.

Yuuago

• Tumblr
  • Well, there's still hope in this world.
  • Preferred pronouns: He/etc
« Reply #518 on: July 04, 2016, 07:33:31 PM »
Ah, thank you those who have commented on the ssss gloves. I've never commented on the comic before or anything related, and after having the idea for gloves, I had to share them. As much as I would love to share the pattern (because that would be crazy cool), I wrote down almost none of it as I knit them, and all I have are haphazard doodles and notes crammed onto some spare engineering paper.

I can attempt to relay how they came about, however. I used super fine acrylic yarn with one-sized needles (I used straight ones,but circular or DPN could probably be used to remove the seam). I cast on 80 stitches (I used 82 to allow me some seam allowance for when I sewed together the ends) for the body, then 2x2 ribbed/did the mock cuff thing for 20 stitches with 5 of the base color, 5 for the SSSS, then 5 more blank until I started the emblem, while knitting 9 more blank before casting off. The thumb started as 13(15 w/ allowance), then increased every other row until it was 25 (27 w/ al.) Once it was long enough, I began decreasing on both ends every row until it came to a point. All of the fingers started as 13 (15 w/ al.) except the pinky, which was 11 (13 w/ al.). Those were all knit until I thought them long enough. I placed the thumb approximately between the 19th and 39th stitch from the top of the cuff. I sewed the fingers onto the base using my hand as a mold to keep the pieces in place.

To anyone who would like to use any of that, take as you will, feel free to modify and such. I'm just super glad they ended up fitting my hands, as I have a notorious habit of making things just a bit too small or to large.

This is enough to start with, at least. < 3 Thanks! I'll see what I can do with it.

It's awesome that they turned out so well for you, size-wise. : D I know what you mean about tending to make things just a little bit off.
Journal | Tumblr | Fic Archive
Og kring meg i myrket/snøar og snøar det. - Olav H. Hauge

Róisín

• Traveller on the Bird's Path
  • Elder of the Ruined Realm
« Reply #519 on: July 04, 2016, 10:03:45 PM »
Tellurium, those are lovely! Also, welcome? Have you been to the introduction thread yet?
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
« Reply #520 on: July 04, 2016, 10:44:42 PM »

SQUEEE! I love the thought you put into this design.  My own yarn skills are sorely lacking, but I admire these so very much!
Always a newbie at something
Native speaker: :us:
Acquired: :nz:
Grew up speaking but now very rusty: :ee:

Ruler of Queenstown Airport (Thanks Purple Wyrm, I will wear my wings with pride)
Admiral of the Sunken Rainbow Warrior

Olga Veresk

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Il n'y a que le premier pas qui coûte
« Reply #521 on: July 05, 2016, 07:43:52 AM »

Wooow! They are really gorgeous! I like details, similarity to  Lalli's arm gloves, SSSS emblem and letters...I like everything about them!  :) 
Native: :russia: Fluent: Intermediate: :france: Try to learn: :denmark: :japan:

Survived: :chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::book2::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::book3::chap17::chap18::chap19:

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
« Reply #522 on: July 05, 2016, 08:09:26 AM »
Oh wow, it's impressive ! The result is absolutely lovely :)
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

BlueSkyVail

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • Became too obsessed in too little time.
« Reply #523 on: July 05, 2016, 10:53:06 AM »

Wow, Tellurium, these are gorgeous! (double-pointed needles scare me too, so I like how you avoided those. I just might have to try something similar now.)
And also, welcome to the forum! :D
“Life before Death. Strength before Weakness. Journey before Destination.”

Native: :usa:
Pretty okay I guess: :france:
:chap12:

Ana Nymus

• DeviantArt
  • Checking in once in a while
« Reply #524 on: August 17, 2016, 03:22:27 PM »
I uploaded the amigurumi tutorial to Ravelry at long last:
Emil and Lalli

I figured I'd stick this here, because I finally got around to trying the pattern out! Overall, I'm very pleased with how my Lalli turned out; the instructions were clear enough that I didn't have any trouble with them ^-^ Thank you so much for writing the pattern out, Helia!

Spoiler: silly pictures • show

Lalli immediately went exploring into my yarn bag.

And he found all my crochet hooks! They look a little too big for him to use, though.

Then he found the bookshelves. We're supposed to be looking for books, right? I didn't think they'd be this big...

How am I supposed to fit this into the tank?
:usa: Yes.
:spain: Out of practice.
:finland: Failed to learn.
:vaticancity: Probably remember five words.
White text: Always ;P
:chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

I also speak SCIENCE!!!