Author Topic: Chapter Break Filler  (Read 19619 times)

Keep Looking

• Bragi
  • Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her, they/them
Re: Chapter Break Filler
« Reply #195 on: April 19, 2020, 10:49:07 PM »
Jitter, I love your story! And Scottish, Yeethaw - both of those poems are... wow.
I write poetry sometimes.

Icon by the amazing Rithalie from the SSSS discord (rithalie-art.tumblr.com)

Ruler of Changi Airport

Keep Looking

• Bragi
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her, they/them
« Reply #196 on: April 20, 2020, 12:05:39 AM »
Chapter Break Filler

.._.._..

Prompt 13: Forest

.._.._..

For today's prompt of Forest, Gaelledragons has created a beautiful artwork full of very lush forest greenery (complete with a speedpaint as well!)

Spoiler: show

/>

Thanks very much to Gaelledragons for today's piece, and if any of you feel inspired by this prompt, feel free to share what you've made!
I write poetry sometimes.

Icon by the amazing Rithalie from the SSSS discord (rithalie-art.tumblr.com)

Ruler of Changi Airport

Jitter

• Valkyrie
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • JOE guardian, SS Kuru keeper, Finn with some magic
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her, they/their
« Reply #197 on: April 20, 2020, 01:22:43 AM »
sorry to randomly butt in, but your poem is really lovely !!

Crowley, this thread is open for anyone! So you are by no means “randomly butting in” :) You are also very welcome to contribute if some of the prompts inspires you!

Scottish and Yeethaw, both your poems are wonderful*. And put together they form an even better combination.

* I’m getting bored of my vocabulary in commenting all your lovely pieces! So much talent and such a limited number of ways to say “this is wonderful”  ^-^
🇫🇮 🇬🇧 🇸🇪 🇫🇷 (🇩🇪)(🇯🇵)((🇨🇳))

:A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

Proud ruler of Joensuu Airport, Admiral of S/S Kuru on the Finnish lake systems. Also the Water Mother.

Jitter

• Valkyrie
« Reply #198 on: April 20, 2020, 02:06:32 AM »
Gaelle, the painting is beautiful! And the speedpaint is fascinating, the way everything seems to appear “just like that”. Thank you for sharing the process as well as the result!

Proud ruler of Joensuu Airport, Admiral of S/S Kuru on the Finnish lake systems. Also the Water Mother.

Mariiii

« Reply #199 on: April 20, 2020, 04:31:09 AM »
Gaelle this is lovely ! Emil's hair is so shiny and the light is beautiful !

Keep Looking I loved your descriptions of the crew through the flowers, I found them pretty accurate
Native :france:
Fluent :uk:
Learning :japan:
Understand :spain:

Jitter

• Valkyrie
« Reply #200 on: April 20, 2020, 04:31:31 AM »
Happy birthdhay, Lalli! And thank you Wave for the reminder, and thus the inspiration for this.

Forest
It’s Lalli’s birthday. No one cares. Wake up, breakfast, wash. Lalli doesn’t care for any of that weird stuff, cakes and all. It’s stupid. He goes to work, silent and efficient. Birthdays are for stupid people anyway.

At dinner, Lalli is quiet. “What is it? Bad day?” Emil asks.
“No. I’m fine.” Silence again.
“Well, I’m glad you are fine.” Emil is irritatingly normal. It’s just like the stupid Swede to forget!

They do the dishes together. Maybe Emil doesn’t really care for him. Maybe he’s fooling Lalli for some weird reason! Lalli almost breaks the plates piling them into the cupboard. Stupid plates!

Dishes done, Lalli puts on his coat to go out to sulk. No reason. He’s fine. He’s just irritated and Emil is stupid and the day is stupid and everything is stupid. He needs the calm of the forest.
“Honey, wait for me!” Now the weird Swede is putting on his coat! Doesn’t he really see that Lalli wants to be alone! Why must everybody be so stupid today!

Emil must notice Lalli’s glare, but he just says cheerfully “Let’s take a little walk in the forest.”
“The forest? You don’t like the forest after dark!” Now Emil is stupid and weird.
“No, but you do. Come on.” Emil picks up a basket and leads Lalli towards a forested stretch of the shore he knows Lalli particularly likes.

At the shore, Emil takes furs for them to sit on from the basket, followed by cinnamon rolls, cookies, a small cake. “Happy birthday, love!”
“What? For me? You didn’t need to…”
“I wanted to. Just say thank you, silly Finn”.
“Don’t be weird about it!... but thanks.”
Songs of blackbirds, waterfowl rustling in the reeds and a gentle wind surround the boys, munching sweets in the night.

Kyara

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Kyara (Disqus), Sinnena (Tumblr) Ysmeril (Twitch)
« Reply #201 on: April 20, 2020, 05:31:03 AM »
I just read the last pages in one go. It's hard to thank everyone, but this community is just amazing. Thank you for all these works, it's a delight.
Gaelle, we are spoiled  XoX The atmosphere is great, the characters and clothes's details are well done ! And Emil expression is so cute ... Chapeau bas ;)
Jitter Terribly cute ! It makes me laugh so much that Emil is considered as a boor while he thinks of everything. He is so innocent and full of good attentions, it's to wonder if he realizes that Lalli is really grumpy because of his birthday.

Jitter

• Valkyrie
« Reply #202 on: April 20, 2020, 06:20:28 AM »
In this instance I think Emil is doing it to wind Lalli up  >:D And to ensure it is a proper surprise. He would say Happy Birthday in the morning, if he weren’t being bad. Maybe he also hopes that Lalli will learn to trust he is cared for.

GaelleDragons

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Small lurking troll
  • Preferred pronouns: They/Them
« Reply #203 on: April 20, 2020, 06:26:29 AM »
Thank you Jitter, Mariiii and Kyara!! I'm glad you like it! x3

Jitter, it's absolutely adorable! I love how Lalli seems to not care about his birthday, but in reality he's upset Emil hasn't wished happy birthday to him yet! It's so like him!
*always scribbling*

Native: :fr:  Fluent (but will make mistakes sometimes ^^"):  :gb:  Supposed to be fluent but is actually really bad:  :es:  Learning out of curiosity:  :is:

thegreyarea

• Skald
  • Proud Guardian of Cabo Ruivo Seaport (Lisbon)
« Reply #204 on: April 20, 2020, 07:15:37 AM »
Gaelle, that's absolutely brilliant! Thank you so much! And we even got the extra video! Looks like it's our birthday! :)

But it's Lalli's birthday, and Jitter gave us a beautiful gift! That's the best use of Lalli's "stupid" I've seen! :D

...And them Emil was happy, his plan worked perfectly, he and Lalli were having a fine time, alone in the night and, suddenly... the rest of the gang shows up!
Chapter break survivor: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:
Languages: :pt: :br: Capable: :gb: Can read and survive: :es: Knows a bit: :fr: :it:

proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society

Jitter

• Valkyrie
« Reply #205 on: April 20, 2020, 07:23:09 AM »
Thank you all :) I may or may not know some grumpy Finns.

The problem is I have now made myself crave for cinnamon rolls.

Grey, haha! Their presents are pictured by Gaelle in the Art Museum thread :)

Mariiii

« Reply #206 on: April 20, 2020, 07:57:14 AM »
Jitter Lalli and Emil are so cute ! I second what Gaelle said, Lalli pretending he doesn't care when in fact he does is so much like him  ;D
Native :france:
Fluent :uk:
Learning :japan:
Understand :spain:

Jitter

• Valkyrie
« Reply #207 on: April 20, 2020, 08:41:45 AM »
Yeah, but he’s not completely incurable. He deigns to thank Emil in the end :)

scottishnottish

• chaotic good mountain dwarf
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him
« Reply #208 on: April 20, 2020, 10:13:45 AM »
Jitter that was so cute and good! i love these boys aaaa

steadfastjewel

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • Preferred pronouns: they / them / theirs
« Reply #209 on: April 20, 2020, 11:52:40 AM »
Scottish and Yeethaw, your poems are so nice! Full of yearning. And Scottish, I have never heard that song before, but it's going to go in my 'music that makes me want to go camping' playlist now  :sigrun:

Gaelle, your forest is so dreamy and luminous. Your art is tremendously inspiring. I like that you can see where Emil has trod a path in the grasses, that detail tickles me.

Jitter, fluffy shippy goodness. Heartwarming.