Author Topic: Chapter Break Filler  (Read 17612 times)

Keep Looking

• Bragi
  • Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her, they/them
Re: Chapter Break Filler
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2020, 12:22:28 AM »
Chapter Break Filler

.._.._..

Prompt 2: Sunlight

.._.._..

Today's prompt is Sunlight, and steadfastjewel has provided us with a beautiful artwork of our favourite golden-haired cleanser that's almost overflowing with sunshine.

Spoiler: show

Thanks to steadfastjewel for this wonderful piece, and if any of you are inspired by this prompt, feel free to post your works here as well!
I write poetry sometimes.

Icon by the amazing Rithalie from the SSSS discord (rithalie-art.tumblr.com)

Ruler of Changi Airport

Keep Looking

• Bragi
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her, they/them
« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2020, 12:56:27 AM »
Also, I didn't get to say this yesterday, but Jitter, Grade E Cat and Yeethaw, I love what you've written.

Jitter, for some reason I find the mental image of Sigrun waking up to see Mikkel, completely deadpan, staring directly at her very hilarious - I loved that little snapshot.

Grade E Cat, that's such a heartwarming scene - and I also liked Onni's internal monologue!

Yeethaw, your poem is beautiful - it's so calm and rhythmic, yet also makes you think.
I write poetry sometimes.

Icon by the amazing Rithalie from the SSSS discord (rithalie-art.tumblr.com)

Ruler of Changi Airport

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2020, 01:48:53 AM »
Wow, steadfastjewel, that is a gorgeous Emil, and I love the sunshine background!
Always a newbie at something
Native speaker: :us:
Acquired: :nz:
Grew up speaking but now very rusty: :ee:

Ruler of Queenstown Airport (Thanks Purple Wyrm, I will wear my wings with pride)
Admiral of the Sunken Rainbow Warrior

Noodles

• Tumblr
  • *flops*
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them
« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2020, 02:50:06 AM »
ohh steadfastjewel that's so pretty!! I love your style <3
I'll do art-swaps and beta-reads, PM me!
Native: :usa:
Can make a fool of myself, but comprehensibly: :france:
Write a little Sindarin (working on that)
Wish-list: ASL, :sweden:, :norway:
Chapter break survivor: :book2::book3::book4::A2chap01::A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:

GaelleDragons

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Small lurking troll
  • Preferred pronouns: They/Them
« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2020, 02:51:48 AM »
Such a beautiful Emil, steadfastjewel ! I love the colors and the style, very cool! ^^
*always scribbling*

Native: :fr:  Fluent (but will make mistakes sometimes ^^"):  :gb:  Supposed to be fluent but is actually really bad:  :es:  Learning out of curiosity:  :is:

Jitter

• Valkyrie
  • JOE guardian, SS Kuru keeper, Finn with some magic
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her, they/their
« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2020, 03:27:42 AM »
Oo steadfastjewel, he's beautiful!  :sparkle: :emil: :sparkle:

Your art goes well with my vignette, however I also have a photo to go with it so I'll post when I manage to get the photo from the phone to the laptop. Which I'm sure I'm capable of. In a minute.
🇫🇮 🇬🇧 🇸🇪 🇫🇷 (🇩🇪)(🇯🇵)((🇨🇳))

:A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

Proud ruler of Joensuu Airport, Admiral of S/S Kuru on the Finnish lake systems. Also the Water Mother.

yeethaw_gang

• Tumblr
  • bro....we're discussing the meaning of life bro...
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #21 on: April 09, 2020, 07:23:02 AM »
That is a wonderful Emil, steadfastjewel! I really love your art style.
"you look stressed" "yeah, it's the stress"

Jitter

• Valkyrie
« Reply #22 on: April 09, 2020, 09:12:53 AM »
Finally I managed to get the photo working! It's under cut since it's kind of large file to allow for the details to show. The photo is the main thing, but the text goes well also with today's official contribution. So here's the slice of life from an unknown point in time:

Sunlight

Lalli was awakened by bright sunlight. After a brief moment of disorientation, he remembered. They were safe. Finally safe. The sun took on Emil’s locks, making them even more golden than usually. Emil was still asleep, snuggled onto the bed of leaves and mosses next to him. “The day is beautiful and we are safe! Wake up, my sunshine!”

Proud ruler of Joensuu Airport, Admiral of S/S Kuru on the Finnish lake systems. Also the Water Mother.

thegreyarea

• Skald
  • Proud Guardian of Cabo Ruivo Seaport (Lisbon)
« Reply #23 on: April 09, 2020, 10:21:42 AM »
Hi friends! Sorry for coming late for the party, but , you know, life…
So I’m here to say that everything is amazing! Suddenly chapter breaks seem much less frightening! :)
Thank you so much, Keep Looking, for going outside your comfort zone and organizing this for us *applause*
Wave, that’s a great drawing, plenty of lovely details like Sigrun having a knife under her “pillow” (which is perfectly expectable), Mikkel trying to arrange his hair or Lalli being ready before everybody else… I love the style, colours, everything!
Jitter’s Awakening is as perfect as Sig and Mikkel relation!
Grade E cat is also great. Like Jitter, I was expecting somebody else… :)
eethaw_gang awakening poem is beautiful and calm, and spread ripples of reflection to us.
steadfastjewel amazing Emil filled my screen and I almost needed sunglasses to look at it!
Jitter’s Sunlight, with it’s delicate picture, brought me warm and safe feelings.
So, that’s it! This is going to be a great chapter break! Sorry for not bringing any contribution, yet, but I will, hopefully before my prompt. :)
Chapter break survivor: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:
Languages: :pt: :br: Capable: :gb: Can read and survive: :es: Knows a bit: :fr: :it:

proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society

Mariiii

« Reply #24 on: April 09, 2020, 10:23:35 AM »
steadfastjewel I love your drawing, Emil is so shiny !

That's a very nice photo Jitter and the little story is really cute  :))
Native :france:
Fluent :uk:
Learning :japan:
Understand :spain:

Jitter

• Valkyrie
« Reply #25 on: April 09, 2020, 11:41:08 AM »
I was inspired by sunlight in the forest (we have a forest just around the corner so can go there with doggo) which first brought to mind J.R.R. Tolkien's  illustration in the Hobbit titled something on the lines of "Bilbo was awaken by bright sunlight in his eyes" (I have the book in Finnish only) which then brought in mind a morning moment. And who else could be involved in "Sunshine" but Emil? And that obviously also brings in Lalli. So here we are. This was the first one I had.

thorny

• Preferred pronouns: either female or gender-neutral
« Reply #26 on: April 09, 2020, 01:21:08 PM »
Just wanted to drop in and thank everybody who's doing this for doing it!

steadfastjewel

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • Preferred pronouns: they / them / theirs
« Reply #27 on: April 09, 2020, 05:00:58 PM »
Thanks everybody for the kind words! I don't draw as much as I should, and this was too nice an opportunity to pass up  ;D

Jitter, your vignette is so sweet, and that photo reminds me so much of old camping trips, waking up at dawn... There is an incomparable quality to that first light.

Mebediel

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her/hers
« Reply #28 on: April 09, 2020, 07:08:43 PM »
Steadfast, your Emil is so beautiful and bright and yellow! And Jitter, I love your little slice of life and photo combo :D

I was inspired by sunlight in the forest (we have a forest just around the corner so can go there with doggo) which first brought to mind J.R.R. Tolkien's  illustration in the Hobbit titled something on the lines of "Bilbo was awaken by bright sunlight in his eyes" (I have the book in Finnish only) which then brought in mind a morning moment. And who else could be involved in "Sunshine" but Emil? And that obviously also brings in Lalli. So here we are. This was the first one I had.
For those who are curious, the English title to JRRT's illustration is "Bilbo woke up with the early sun in his eyes." Picture below a spoiler, since it's not thaaat relevant to the topic of this thread:
Butter good.
Native language: :usa: | Okay at: :china: | Not very good: :mexico: | Working on: :vaticancity:, :england: (OE), :france: | Wishlist: :germany:, :iceland:, :norway:, :finland:, Shanghainese, Esperanto

:A2chap01::A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:

steadfastjewel

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • Preferred pronouns: they / them / theirs
« Reply #29 on: April 09, 2020, 07:20:23 PM »
Tolkien's art is so pretty. And I've always loved that Bilbo has little boots on in that one  :D