Author Topic: Covid 19 - Updates from your zones  (Read 50695 times)

Jitter

• Valkyrie
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • JOE guardian, SS Kuru keeper, Finn with some magic
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her, they/their
Re: Covid 19 - Updates from your zones
« Reply #120 on: May 06, 2020, 03:19:13 PM »
Lenny, it’s wondeful to hear things are finally looking up!

Many of the things you mentioned apply to Finland as well. The restrictions will be tightened again if the cases grow too much. Although I’m assuming they are expected and even hoped to grow some to progress the virus while ensuring intensive care capability. There’s no guarantee about a vaccine so we’ll have to learn to live with it.

From the bottom of my heart I wish you can get your partner to live with you and you can get the ceremony arranged! The wedding celebration is secondary, and in any case you can have a celebration later if you wish!
🇫🇮 🇬🇧 🇸🇪 🇫🇷 (🇩🇪)(🇯🇵)((🇨🇳))

:A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

Proud ruler of Joensuu Airport, Admiral of S/S Kuru on the Finnish lake systems. Also the Water Mother.

thorny

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • Preferred pronouns: either female or gender-neutral
« Reply #121 on: May 07, 2020, 11:32:20 AM »
From the bottom of my heart I wish you can get your partner to live with you and you can get the ceremony arranged! The wedding celebration is secondary, and in any case you can have a celebration later if you wish!

Yup. The wedding is a wedding, and the marriage is a marriage, even if the party has to be later. Even if the party never happens at all; though that doesn't seem likely in your case.

Yastreb

• May her brightness be among the stars.
« Reply #122 on: May 08, 2020, 11:22:13 AM »
At the risk of sounding like one of those correspondents to The Times who wrote in to say, "Dear Sir, today I heard the first cuckoo..."

Yesterday I heard something that I haven't heard in some weeks; the sound of jet engines overheard. I looked up to see an Airbus* inbound, presumably air freight.

* I'm using Airbus as a default, since most twin-jet airliners are much the same shape; something to do with optimum design probably.
"Life is all we are. Life is what defines us. In the end, Life is the answer."

Ruler of Bartolomeu de Gusmão Airport.

JoB

• Mage of the Great Restructuring
« Reply #123 on: May 09, 2020, 07:36:38 AM »
Yesterday I heard something that I haven't heard in some weeks; the sound of jet engines overheard.
Congrats ... my home (and, at least for today, office) is near the take-off/landing pathes of a military air base that's currently having quick-scramble fighter squadron duty for half of the nation ...  :(
native: :de: secondary: :us: :fr:
:artd: :book1+: :book2: :book3: :book4: etc.
PGP Key 0xBEF02A15, Fingerprint C12C 53DC BB92 2FE5 9725  C1AE 5E0F F1AF BEF0 2A15

midwestmutt

• Scout
« Reply #124 on: May 09, 2020, 08:57:11 AM »
The virus has struck my family. My sister's mother-in-law who was 98 and in a nursing home in Missouri has passed from it. I had not seen her in many years since that branch of the family lives a few hundred miles away but I still remembered her as a very nice lady. I hope the home she was in does not become a cluster. She was the 3rd resident to catch it.
:artd: :book1+: :book2: :book3: :chap17: :chap18:

Jitter

• Valkyrie
« Reply #125 on: May 09, 2020, 09:50:05 AM »
I am sorry for your loss, midwestmutt, and that of your sister and her family!

Proud ruler of Joensuu Airport, Admiral of S/S Kuru on the Finnish lake systems. Also the Water Mother.

RanVor

• Ranger
  • Preferred pronouns: he/it/that thing
« Reply #126 on: May 09, 2020, 10:08:38 AM »
The virus has struck my family. My sister's mother-in-law who was 98 and in a nursing home in Missouri has passed from it. I had not seen her in many years since that branch of the family lives a few hundred miles away but I still remembered her as a very nice lady. I hope the home she was in does not become a cluster. She was the 3rd resident to catch it.

:( I'm sorry to hear that, midwestmutt!

thegreyarea

• Skald
  • Proud Guardian of Cabo Ruivo Seaport (Lisbon)
« Reply #127 on: May 09, 2020, 04:13:39 PM »

Very sorry to hear that. :(
Chapter break survivor: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:
Languages: :pt: :br: Capable: :gb: Can read and survive: :es: Knows a bit: :fr: :it:

proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society

Mebediel

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her/hers
« Reply #128 on: May 09, 2020, 05:25:44 PM »
That's terrible, midwestmutt. I hope your family's doing alright and that the home your sister's mother-in-law was in contains the virus!
Butter good.
Native language: :usa: | Okay at: :china: | Not very good: :mexico: | Working on: :vaticancity:, :england: (OE), :france: | Wishlist: :germany:, :iceland:, :norway:, :finland:, Shanghainese, Esperanto

:A2chap01::A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #129 on: May 09, 2020, 10:55:55 PM »
Aww, condolences. What deaths NZ has had have mostly come from resthome clusters.  So vulnerable.
Always a newbie at something
Native speaker: :us:
Acquired: :nz:
Grew up speaking but now very rusty: :ee:

Ruler of Queenstown Airport (Thanks Purple Wyrm, I will wear my wings with pride)
Admiral of the Sunken Rainbow Warrior

Jitter

• Valkyrie
« Reply #130 on: May 10, 2020, 07:16:42 AM »
In Finland about half of deaths are from lived-in care. There is lots of discussion about whether it’s justified even in these circumstances to lock the residents in their rooms, many are demented and don’t understand why this is happening. Which is the lesser of two evils? I sure am glad I’m nit the one who has to make that call!
« Last Edit: May 10, 2020, 09:00:10 AM by Jitter »

lumilaulu

« Reply #131 on: May 10, 2020, 08:41:34 AM »
Here (Belgium), they've invested in doing intensive testing in care homes. Some of them have reorganised themselves into two sections, one with non-infected residents and staff, and one with infected residents and staff. That way people can have a bit more freedom within their section.

That said, I'm glad my grandmother isn't in a home yet, even though she's on a waiting list.

RanVor

• Ranger
  • Preferred pronouns: he/it/that thing
« Reply #132 on: May 22, 2020, 06:50:52 AM »
Online classes extended to September 30th. That complicates things quite a bit for me because all contact with the dean is obviously going to be heavily limited. Besides, I'm just sick of being stuck at home. I may be safer this way, but definitely not happier.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2020, 08:01:50 AM by RanVor »

Jitter

• Valkyrie
« Reply #133 on: May 22, 2020, 07:52:44 AM »
I’m sorry to hear that Ran! But the health care situation in Poland probably is such that it’s better to stay home still.

Now that things probably have calmed down at bit with the university management (as in online courses are rolling already and there’s probably some “business as usual” already) the dean’s office should be able to reschedule your meeting into a proper meeting online. Of course “should be” is not very useful, if they don’t. But here’s hoping! *Hugs*

thegreyarea

• Skald
  • Proud Guardian of Cabo Ruivo Seaport (Lisbon)
« Reply #134 on: May 22, 2020, 09:45:52 AM »
I’m sorry to hear that Ran! But the health care situation in Poland probably is such that it’s better to stay home still.

Now that things probably have calmed down at bit with the university management (as in online courses are rolling already and there’s probably some “business as usual” already) the dean’s office should be able to reschedule your meeting into a proper meeting online. Of course “should be” is not very useful, if they don’t. But here’s hoping! *Hugs*

Ran, I'll second Jitter in everything she said. I'll be rooting for you! Stay safe, and sane. :)

BTW it's good to have a smart friend that says all we wanted to say. Saves a lot of typing. Thanks, Jitter! :D
Chapter break survivor: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:
Languages: :pt: :br: Capable: :gb: Can read and survive: :es: Knows a bit: :fr: :it:

proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society