Author Topic: Chapter Break Filler - Planning and Organization  (Read 39829 times)

Róisín

• Traveller on the Bird's Path
  • Elder of the Ruined Realm
Re: Chapter Break Filler - Planning and Organization
« Reply #240 on: February 27, 2021, 11:46:48 AM »
I would like to sign up. Don’t have a preferred topic at present, sign me up for whichever you think I might be useful for and let me know when it is, please?
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

thegreyarea

• Skald
  • Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • Proud Guardian of Cabo Ruivo Seaport (Lisbon)
« Reply #241 on: February 27, 2021, 04:28:00 PM »
I would like to sign up. Don’t have a preferred topic at present, sign me up for whichever you think I might be useful for and let me know when it is, please?
Róisín, let me suggest "woodland sounds". With your experience I'm sure it will be a very inspiring one.

Keep Looking, don't worry. I remember quite well, and Jitter said she will share it with me.
(It was a google docs spreadsheet, IIRC, and you gave me access to it. Let's see what Jitter sends and I can make the file if necessary).
Chapter break survivor: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:
Languages: :pt: :br: Capable: :gb: Can read and survive: :es: Knows a bit: :fr: :it:

proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society

Jitter

• Valkyrie
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • JOE guardian, SS Kuru keeper, Finn with some magic
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her, they/their
« Reply #242 on: February 27, 2021, 04:42:29 PM »
I was planning to claim woodland sounds, so if you don’t mind Róisín, I’ll give you something else? But if you have already developed an idea, just let mw know and it’s yours!

Also, news about the break! I managed to catch the final ten minutes or so of the stream tonight and gleaned some information from Minna. Firstly, there will be 3,5 weeks before the break still, meaning there’s loads of time to prepare! Secondly, she’s taking a three week break (which I heartily agree with! I was a bit worried that she didn’t take a break at all at the last chapter) and therefore we need more prompts. We should have at minimum 21, but depending on the weekdays it may be a bit more than that some 23-24 to be on the safe side?

I can add more of the forest themed ones, but what of the others? Do we add the members of the bear family as individuals, or some other beasts?

I think the combination of a lot of prompts and a long time to prepare mean that if anyone wants a second one, you can claim it already.
🇫🇮 🇬🇧 🇸🇪 🇫🇷 (🇩🇪)(🇯🇵)((🇨🇳))

:A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

Proud ruler of Joensuu Airport, Admiral of S/S Kuru on the Finnish lake systems. Also the Water Mother.

Alkia

• Scout
  • any pronouns
« Reply #243 on: February 27, 2021, 07:43:47 PM »
ooh, excellent, I’m so glad this is happening again this chapter break!!!!! May I have prompt 4, Fir and Pine trees? And if that’s not available/someone has already DMed you claiming it, Jitter, I’ll do 6, Birds

Also, separating the bear family into individuals to increase prompts sounds good to me— I would say they each deserve their own day :-)
Knows:🇬🇧🇩🇪
Learning:🇳🇴, 🇨🇳
Wants to learn:🇨🇮(Gaelic), 🇫🇷

:A2chap04: :A2chap05:

Jitter

• Valkyrie
« Reply #244 on: February 27, 2021, 08:48:53 PM »
Alkia, it’s yours :)

Proud ruler of Joensuu Airport, Admiral of S/S Kuru on the Finnish lake systems. Also the Water Mother.

Róisín

« Reply #245 on: February 27, 2021, 10:22:56 PM »
I’m fine with wherever you put me, considering it a chance to play with something new. And yeah, I do have bush skills and am happy to work with such themes. This will be fun.

JoB

• Mage of the Great Restructuring
« Reply #246 on: February 28, 2021, 03:29:30 AM »
I can add more of the forest themed ones, but what of the others? Do we add the members of the bear family as individuals, or some other beasts?
You could add the unnamed lovers from the top of the page and the post-Rash version of Simo Häyhä here. >:D
native: :de: secondary: :us: :fr:
:artd: :book1+: :book2: :book3: :book4: etc.
PGP Key 0xBEF02A15, Fingerprint C12C 53DC BB92 2FE5 9725  C1AE 5E0F F1AF BEF0 2A15

Mirasol

• Ranger
  • Always do what cat!
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #247 on: February 28, 2021, 05:29:26 AM »
In terms of new bear-prompts, we could also add "(How to catch) an OC-bearbeast". This would allow to take the story into the future or past of the SSSS-world where it could be explored how people near Y0 or further in the future deal with threats like these.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2021, 07:56:27 AM by Mirasol »
supposedly studying, most likely drawing…

fluent: :de: :us: sort of: :fr: learning!: :fi: I wish…: :it:

Proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society

:squirrelcookie: Current Squirrel-cookie-chef :squirrelcookie:

Jitter

• Valkyrie
« Reply #248 on: February 28, 2021, 08:18:57 AM »
Thanks, added! I put it as Bear vs moose with a link to the Saimaa Channel page. @JoB whicj prompt did you say you wanted by the way? :)

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
  • Conqueror of an Abandoned City
    • Tumblr
« Reply #249 on: February 28, 2021, 04:41:39 PM »
Thanks, added! I put it as Bear vs moose with a link to the Saimaa Channel page. @JoB whicj prompt did you say you wanted by the way? :)

( I second JoB for a prompt, but no pressure.  When you share your researched info and come up with amazing links, that totally counts as creativity in my book.  Just sayin'.)
Always a newbie at something
Native speaker: :us:
Acquired: :nz:
Grew up speaking but now very rusty: :ee:

Ruler of Queenstown Airport (Thanks Purple Wyrm, I will wear my wings with pride)
Admiral of the Sunken Rainbow Warrior

Jitter

• Valkyrie
« Reply #250 on: March 01, 2021, 03:14:40 AM »
Oh btw the previous Chapter Break Fillers have been archived. I think the links to threads still work, but here they are again:

Mini break and sixth anniversary:
https://ssssforum.com/index.php?topic=1137.0

Chapter Break Filler round 2:
https://ssssforum.com/index.php?topic=1130.0

Chapter Break Filler (1st round):
https://ssssforum.com/index.php?topic=1122.0

A similar challenge for October 2020 was called YoinkTober and the results are here:
https://ssssforum.com/index.php?topic=1144.0

Keep maybe link the previous breaks on the first post too?

Sevseres

« Reply #251 on: March 01, 2021, 05:34:03 AM »
This is such a sweet organization. I love it. I won't take any prompts as I've been too sad and too busy lately :( , but maybe I'll do small unofficial ones.
Also, Jitter, I did some digging in the previous fillers and I must say your fic for the warmth prompt brought light into my day. I would adore it if those were Emil and Lalli's last scenes in the comic even. Such coziness.
native: :tr: okay: :gb: learning: :se: :fr:

HEY! my nickname used to be nefnef, dont be confused :p

Jitter

• Valkyrie
« Reply #252 on: March 01, 2021, 07:07:43 AM »
Thank you nefnef! The very purpose of the Chapter Break Filler from the beginning was to bring light into dark times, as you can read on the beginning of this thread where Keep suggested the idea. I have found they do help in alleviating the sadness :) Little daily works (I call them dailies but it doesn’t mean you’re expected to do one daily, rather that they are more or less ad hoc for the day’s prompt) were especially good for this purpose, at least for me :)

Róisín, I’d like to give you 13. (how to catch) Möntti! Perhaps you can relate to the mention of people getting a scare out if thinking it was a beastified amphibian :) If you don’t like it, just let me know,
« Last Edit: March 01, 2021, 07:10:59 AM by Jitter »

Róisín

« Reply #253 on: March 01, 2021, 09:33:02 AM »
Got it, Jitter, I can do that. Should be interesting.

Jitter

• Valkyrie
« Reply #254 on: March 01, 2021, 03:56:45 PM »
Great, Róisín, Möntti it is!

We are short of one bear beast prompt. Do I make it the two bears in the header of the bear beast registry page as suggested by JoB (whose other suggestion I already adopted), or does someone have another idea?