Author Topic: Chapter Break Filler - Planning and Organization  (Read 39788 times)

Jitter

• Valkyrie
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • JOE guardian, SS Kuru keeper, Finn with some magic
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her, they/their
Re: Chapter Break Filler - Planning and Organization
« Reply #165 on: August 20, 2020, 01:30:32 PM »
Hello again!

Since there is literally no time to organize, I suggest we make this a self-organizing event. During the upcoming minibreak, everyone who wants to participate, just post their work directly into the thread (just open an new thread with invitation text). This may result in some days with no works while some days have several, but at least it would be something!

If we want to do the guess thing, then just add "can you guess which info page this is" and others can suggest in the same thread, kinda like the Riddle Time thread. If not, just state the page if not Lehto. (BTW I wouldn't limit to A2 info pages, many of the iconic ones are in A1. And if nobody guesses, you can just say which one it was).

I'm expecting the works will mostly be like the daily contributions from last time, because no one has time to make a big work :) But this is of course not any kind of limitation!
🇫🇮 🇬🇧 🇸🇪 🇫🇷 (🇩🇪)(🇯🇵)((🇨🇳))

:A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

Proud ruler of Joensuu Airport, Admiral of S/S Kuru on the Finnish lake systems. Also the Water Mother.

Jitter

• Valkyrie
« Reply #166 on: August 20, 2020, 01:45:27 PM »
BTW the Adventure 2 info pages aren't separately listed. They are mostly at the end of chapter, however for Chapter 4 the pages on Saimaa Settlements  are 99-100 and Chapter 7 doesn't have any. Chapter 9 pages are at the end, but currently 10 isn't separated in the archive. So the pages on wolf beasts are on 295-296.

Proud ruler of Joensuu Airport, Admiral of S/S Kuru on the Finnish lake systems. Also the Water Mother.

Vulpes

• Ranger
  • Multa novit vulpes
  • Preferred pronouns: Anything used with affection or respect
« Reply #167 on: August 20, 2020, 01:51:02 PM »
I too like the idea of doing something related to an info page, and guessing which one if that's what the creator wants. I imagine there would be contributions each day without formal organization. Count me in!
Native: :ca:   Mostly gone: :fr:   A smattering: :de:   Learning!! :fi:

Róisín

• Traveller on the Bird's Path
  • Elder of the Ruined Realm
« Reply #168 on: August 20, 2020, 01:52:42 PM »
I am up for joining in. It will be a short piece, because life is frantic at the moment, but it would be good to try.
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

Kyara

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Kyara (Disqus), Sinnena (Tumblr) Ysmeril (Twitch)
« Reply #169 on: August 20, 2020, 02:15:42 PM »
Ho, I have a new illustration but then I'll save it for the break, it will be nicer :) (if you're OK with that)
I could link it to an info page (if you look hard enough, you can always find a link somewhere)
Great idea anyway, I can't wait to see all of your contributions !

Mirasol

• Ranger
  • Always do what cat!
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #170 on: August 20, 2020, 04:37:26 PM »
Hello everyone, shortly signing in again from my forum-lurkerdom to say that I miss all of you, and am very sad to miss all the fun (kickstarter and surrounding stream, chapter break event, my book arriving in the mail while I´m not home...).

But at least vacation is actually really nice, and spending time with family (mostly) away from the internet too!

The theme with the info pages sounds great! I will most likely not be able to contribute (only limited art-supplies that I could bring, and alltogether not much time), but know I am looking forward to reading your contributions! Maybe even inspiration will hit me at some point (or I´ll finish that actually info-pages-related thing that I´ve been working on for ages...).

Until then or until in a little bit over a week, going back to lurking now, have fun! :))
supposedly studying, most likely drawing…

fluent: :de: :us: sort of: :fr: learning!: :fi: I wish…: :it:

Proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society

:squirrelcookie: Current Squirrel-cookie-chef :squirrelcookie:

Jitter

• Valkyrie
« Reply #171 on: August 20, 2020, 04:41:18 PM »
Looks like we have contributors lining up :) So, let’s just open a new thread with an invitation and instructions post. Keep, do you want to post it? Friday or Saturday?

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
  • Conqueror of an Abandoned City
    • Tumblr
« Reply #172 on: August 20, 2020, 04:43:32 PM »
All of the info pages (among many other bookmarks) are all linked on the SSSS Wiki (although the Lehto pages will be linked once Minna publishes the second one): https://sssscomic.fandom.com/wiki/Table_of_Special_Pages#Other_Fact_Sheets

I like the idea of basing works on these.  I could set up a post of all of the links individually if needed.

Sunday 30 August - can we extend it to the 1st, for the Anniversary? 
Spoiler: or maybe not • show
I've had no comments or pushback on my mentions of the upcoming date; I guess it's not very inspiring.  The 5th Anniversary was kind of a washout.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2020, 04:45:28 PM by wavewright62 »
Always a newbie at something
Native speaker: :us:
Acquired: :nz:
Grew up speaking but now very rusty: :ee:

Ruler of Queenstown Airport (Thanks Purple Wyrm, I will wear my wings with pride)
Admiral of the Sunken Rainbow Warrior

thegreyarea

• Skald
  • Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • Proud Guardian of Cabo Ruivo Seaport (Lisbon)
« Reply #173 on: August 20, 2020, 06:33:18 PM »
All of the info pages (among many other bookmarks) are all linked on the SSSS Wiki (although the Lehto pages will be linked once Minna publishes the second one): https://sssscomic.fandom.com/wiki/Table_of_Special_Pages#Other_Fact_Sheets

I like the idea of basing works on these.  I could set up a post of all of the links individually if needed.

Sunday 30 August - can we extend it to the 1st, for the Anniversary? 
Spoiler: or maybe not • show
I've had no comments or pushback on my mentions of the upcoming date; I guess it's not very inspiring.  The 5th Anniversary was kind of a washout.

Thanks, Wave! It will surely be useful, now and in the Future. :)

Sorry for not answering, but I've read your reference to the anniversary and thought it was an excellent idea. We should celebrate more this amazing space that we have here.
So what about we extend until Monday and some of us could try to make something inspired by the Forum on that day?
I would love to try, and think that our Forum, together with all the admins and mods that keep it working so well, deserves a celebration. :)
Chapter break survivor: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:
Languages: :pt: :br: Capable: :gb: Can read and survive: :es: Knows a bit: :fr: :it:

proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society

Keep Looking

• Bragi
  • Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her, they/them
« Reply #174 on: August 20, 2020, 06:51:08 PM »
I'll pop the first instructions post up on Saturday, I think that'd be a good time to start!

And yeah - Grey and Wave - it would be cool to extend it to the first of September forum anniversary! That's a nice clear date to end it on.

The guessing games also sound fun!
I write poetry sometimes.

Icon by the amazing Rithalie from the SSSS discord (rithalie-art.tumblr.com)

Ruler of Changi Airport

scottishnottish

• chaotic good mountain dwarf
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him
« Reply #175 on: August 21, 2020, 01:27:03 AM »
ooh I wondered if this was happening on such short notice, I'll try to hop in and contribute if possible!

Jitter

• Valkyrie
« Reply #176 on: August 21, 2020, 08:39:40 AM »
Great! This was an impressive turnaround! We learned about the break yesterday and now we have a concept, implementation plan and as a bonus a game set up! And as a side effect will also get a Forum anniversary event. Well done all!

I love this community!

Ps I will also participate, likely some more of the shorts. Not every day but I’m sure I can come up with a couple.

Róisín

• Traveller on the Bird's Path
  • Elder of the Ruined Realm
« Reply #177 on: August 21, 2020, 10:45:21 AM »
Definitely love this community! It will be good to join in again!
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

Jitter

• Valkyrie
« Reply #178 on: August 21, 2020, 01:27:34 PM »
BTW, Wave, there are a couple more pages you may want to add to the special pages page (paging Wave... bep bep)

102 - map of route to Toivosaari past Savonlinna (Mikkel's map)

108 - view of Toivosaari graveyard

144 - map from Toivosaari to Kermajärvi Station (Mauri's map I think)

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
  • Conqueror of an Abandoned City
    • Tumblr
« Reply #179 on: August 21, 2020, 06:52:23 PM »
BTW, Wave, there are a couple more pages you may want to add to the special pages page (paging Wave... bep bep)

102 - map of route to Toivosaari past Savonlinna (Mikkel's map)

108 - view of Toivosaari graveyard

144 - map from Toivosaari to Kermajärvi Station (Mauri's map I think)

102 - already there, under 'Views' for Savolinna, but now added to Maps as well
108 - already there, under 'Other sheets' because it's a pretty tight view
144 - is not that, it's 148, but now added

Always a newbie at something
Native speaker: :us:
Acquired: :nz:
Grew up speaking but now very rusty: :ee:

Ruler of Queenstown Airport (Thanks Purple Wyrm, I will wear my wings with pride)
Admiral of the Sunken Rainbow Warrior