Author Topic: Chapter Break Filler - Planning and Organization  (Read 39755 times)

Temteno

Re: Chapter Break Filler - Starts on Wednesday
« Reply #75 on: April 06, 2020, 03:23:57 PM »
Hey, what color are Mikkel's eyes?

Edited: I looked up the conversation recently, but there it was mentioned that it is under discussion :) On page 246 they are light blue, but this hasn't been the consensus before.

I think I read a debate somewhere in this forum months ago about it and, if I remember correctly, the end result was something akin to olive green or brown-green. I might be wrong though - but that's what I will headcanon until proven otherwise.

Jitter

• Valkyrie
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • JOE guardian, SS Kuru keeper, Finn with some magic
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her, they/their
« Reply #76 on: April 06, 2020, 03:31:39 PM »
Yeah, under that page I think Nebulardrip says the previous discussions ended up with greenish / brownish. And I seem to have commented that maybe he's one of the people whose eyes can look very different color in different lightning. On that page they are rather bluish, but pale.
🇫🇮 🇬🇧 🇸🇪 🇫🇷 (🇩🇪)(🇯🇵)((🇨🇳))

:A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

Proud ruler of Joensuu Airport, Admiral of S/S Kuru on the Finnish lake systems. Also the Water Mother.

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
  • Conqueror of an Abandoned City
    • Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #77 on: April 06, 2020, 06:56:54 PM »
Yep, I concur.  His overall colouring has morphed a bit over time.  He's tweaked his look, a touch blonder, a skosh trimmer?  Middle-aged men do that?   :))
Always a newbie at something
Native speaker: :us:
Acquired: :nz:
Grew up speaking but now very rusty: :ee:

Ruler of Queenstown Airport (Thanks Purple Wyrm, I will wear my wings with pride)
Admiral of the Sunken Rainbow Warrior

Purple Wyrm

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • The Bombay Sausage of 2018!
  • Preferred pronouns: He/Him/Dat Fing
« Reply #78 on: April 07, 2020, 12:21:27 AM »
a skosh trimmer?

Living on candles and squirrels for a few months will do that :D
Native :australia:
Fluent :newzealand: :uk: :usa: :canada: (Yes, I realise that's cheating)
Might remember some in an emergency :italy:
Understands the concept, just not the specifics :vaticancity:

:chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21:

:A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

⁂ Iron fisted ruler of Caversham Airfield ⁂ Sigrun isn't immune, t

Jitter

• Valkyrie
« Reply #79 on: April 11, 2020, 01:00:01 PM »
BTW we now have the happy situation that we have a lot more contributions coming up than there are days in the unusually short chapter break. I think it would be nice to agree how to deal with that before we come to the situation.

My suggestion is that they will be posted on the no comic days i.e. weekends and possibly Wednesdays for as long as we have them. Waiting for the next break, which hopefully is quite distant, seems to me to be unfair to the contributors.

Proud ruler of Joensuu Airport, Admiral of S/S Kuru on the Finnish lake systems. Also the Water Mother.

Grade E cat

• Ranger
  • Headcanon firing in 3... 2... 1...
  • Preferred pronouns: her
« Reply #80 on: April 11, 2020, 03:19:01 PM »
One thought that has been going through my head recently is that it would be nice to have those fillers on Wednesdays (and maybe weekends) during times where the comic is published if someone had the time and willigness to take care of them (and would still have those without the confinment in place). Many words to say that I'm definitely onboard with that way of dealing with the excess of propmpts.
Native: :fr:
So much part of my life it might as well be native: :us:
Few and far between practice opportunities: :es:
A little learned during hardcore anime fan phase: :jp:
Only alternative to English in early junior high school: :de:

Do what cat. Lalli's way of life since age three.

Keep Looking

• Bragi
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her, they/them
« Reply #81 on: April 11, 2020, 08:51:19 PM »
You know, originally I was just planning to have the filler and the new chapter overlap, but your idea of putting the remaining 7 fillers on the Wednesdays and weekends for the next two or three weeks actually sounds quite nice. The last prompt would be on the 6th of May, in that case. I would be able to manage that. And it can't hurt for people to have a bit of extra time to complete their prompts, if they're one of the later ones.

What do other people think? If nobody has any objections, I'll make an announcement on the main chapter break filler page.
I write poetry sometimes.

Icon by the amazing Rithalie from the SSSS discord (rithalie-art.tumblr.com)

Ruler of Changi Airport

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
  • Conqueror of an Abandoned City
    • Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #82 on: April 11, 2020, 09:34:39 PM »
That's not a bad idea, but I vote for the original plan of running them consecutively.  Dunno, gives us a concentrated dose of fandom goodness when many of us are stuck at home, is my reasoning.  But, happy to go either way!
Always a newbie at something
Native speaker: :us:
Acquired: :nz:
Grew up speaking but now very rusty: :ee:

Ruler of Queenstown Airport (Thanks Purple Wyrm, I will wear my wings with pride)
Admiral of the Sunken Rainbow Warrior

Keep Looking

• Bragi
« Reply #83 on: April 11, 2020, 09:40:44 PM »
Wave, you do have a point. It would be easier organizationally to stick with my original plan, especially since we've already made some changes (delaying the start time) and it might be good to leave things consistent. Honestly, I don't really mind either way, that's why I'm asking for opinions!

Ruler of Changi Airport

thegreyarea

• Skald
  • Proud Guardian of Cabo Ruivo Seaport (Lisbon)
« Reply #84 on: April 12, 2020, 10:24:18 AM »
Wave, you do have a point. It would be easier organizationally to stick with my original plan, especially since we've already made some changes (delaying the start time) and it might be good to leave things consistent. Honestly, I don't really mind either way, that's why I'm asking for opinions!

I'd agree with Wave. I am getting used to my daily portion of awesomeness! :)
It's more simple and effective to stick with the original plan and later we could think on a scheme to create fillers for the non-update days. Maybe having themes for each day? Like Wednesdays are for stories, Saturdays for drawings and Sundays for poetry. This way we don't have to organize prompts every week...

(Hey, Keep Looking, that's me helping you ;) )
Chapter break survivor: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:
Languages: :pt: :br: Capable: :gb: Can read and survive: :es: Knows a bit: :fr: :it:

proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society

Keep Looking

• Bragi
Re: Chapter Break Filler - Planning and Organization
« Reply #85 on: April 13, 2020, 02:14:52 AM »
Yeah, now that I think about it I think I'll just stick to my original plan - that'll mean I won't have to do any complicated organizing at this stage of the event. Thanks for the advice, everyone.

Ruler of Changi Airport

Jitter

• Valkyrie
« Reply #86 on: April 13, 2020, 05:47:20 AM »
I am happy with this too! These demanding times are brighter for the contributions :)

Keep Looking

• Bragi
« Reply #87 on: April 29, 2020, 10:14:13 AM »
Hey! So since Grey, Yeethaw and Wavewright all said that they'd be willing to help with chapter break stuff, I figured we should start thinking about how we'd organise an event with multiple people running it. (As wavewright said, the next chapter break is quite far away, so this isn't organising the next event so much as it's organising how to do the next event so we're not stumped when it comes around)

Organising the last filler had two main stages: preparation, where we came up with a system and a prompt list and people chose their prompts - and execution, wherein reminders were sent out, contributions recieved and daily prompts/pieces posted.

The execution stage (yes, I'm calling it that, please don't question it) is the one that'd be trickiest to do with multiple people. I think there are two things we'd need to take into consideration:

1. Having a place to record who has and who hasn't sent in their piece, and storage of said pieces (I use google docs, but you guys might have other ideas) that all of us are able to access

2. Figuring out who'd be doing the reminders (after consulting wave and some trial and error, I did reminders 1 week, 2 days and 24 hours before people's prompts were due to be up) and who'd be posting the pieces each day (would we want to work out a schedule once we knew when the chapter break was?). Also, what times would people be able to post things, given that midnight forum time is a bit of a weird time for most people?

Also, if you guys or anyone has any suggestions on possible changes/improvements to this event, feel free to let me know!

Ruler of Changi Airport

Jitter

• Valkyrie
« Reply #88 on: April 29, 2020, 04:00:28 PM »
Your suggestions seem good to me! Likely the division of when the posting happens by each of the persons is best done when the dates are known.

I would suggest this shouldn’t become a burden and therefore no exact time of day needs to be set?

Another possibility would be that the organisers allocate the days / prompts and keep tabs of whether people are finishing their work (and send reminders, and even arrange pinch hits if necessary) but every contributor posts their own work with a uniform header or something. This would reduce the amount of work. The contributions could still be sent to to organisers too so that any of them can do the post if the contributor can’t do it after all, but responsibility would be with the creator.

thegreyarea

• Skald
  • Proud Guardian of Cabo Ruivo Seaport (Lisbon)
« Reply #89 on: April 29, 2020, 06:54:03 PM »
Hi! :)
I think that we should split the workload.

One person to define Theme and Prompts, other to record and confirm the artists, other to send the reminders and check if everything is on schedule, and another to collect the works (1-2 days before the date) and post them (if the artist failed to post, see below). Someone would be the coordinator and... coordinate :)
We can design a spreadsheet with everything and share it on Google Docs (or Dropbox, or similar). 

We could follow Jitter's suggestion, define a header and footer (as Keep Looking did) and each artist post the respective piece with (or without) a brief comment.

To keep things ordered I think we should set a time. Midnight Forum time is not very convenient because there's a lot of Minnions in Europe, and that means 5, 6 or 7 AM for them. Maybe between 17:00 and 18:00 Forum Time would work fine for the majority, since it would be morning 08:00 - 09:00 in Sidney, 00:00 - 01:00 in Finland (EET) (late, but we Minnions are used to Minna's time schedule...) and afternoon in America.
Chapter break survivor: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:
Languages: :pt: :br: Capable: :gb: Can read and survive: :es: Knows a bit: :fr: :it:

proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society