Author Topic: SSSS Monopoly game  (Read 15523 times)

Jitter

• Valkyrie
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • JOE guardian, SS Kuru keeper, Finn with some magic
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her, they/their
Re: SSSS Monopoly game
« Reply #90 on: March 08, 2020, 07:35:49 PM »
Hey I have an idea for a cooperative version of the game (again as optional rules...) All players pool together and must raise a total of 10.000 kr and have headquarters (=hotel) in every country. If they manage this before anybody dies, the team wins. If someone dies, the team loses.
🇫🇮 🇬🇧 🇸🇪 🇫🇷 (🇩🇪)(🇯🇵)((🇨🇳))

:A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

Proud ruler of Joensuu Airport, Admiral of S/S Kuru on the Finnish lake systems. Also the Water Mother.

thegreyarea

• Skald
  • Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • Proud Guardian of Cabo Ruivo Seaport (Lisbon)
« Reply #91 on: March 08, 2020, 08:21:00 PM »
So we’ll sign you up as editor for the Tome of Rules? Thank you Vulpes :D

I haven’t done anything about the cards, I’m sorry! Stupid family things over the weekend! :onni:
You mean that Vulpes will be the editor of that book containing all the rules, regular and optional, that we created (or will soon create) for The Game? You mean this book?

Well, this is amazing! Thanks again, Vulpes!
Spoiler: show
(better not tell that this is just the first tome...)

As for weekends, family and not having time, I know exactly what you mean. Don't worry. It will just delay our payment :)
Chapter break survivor: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:
Languages: :pt: :br: Capable: :gb: Can read and survive: :es: Knows a bit: :fr: :it:

proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society

thegreyarea

• Skald
« Reply #92 on: March 08, 2020, 08:46:13 PM »
Hey I have an idea for a cooperative version of the game (again as optional rules...) All players pool together and must raise a total of 10.000 kr and have headquarters (=hotel) in every country. If they manage this before anybody dies, the team wins. If someone dies, the team loses.
That seems a great idea! It works because The Game* is not just about money anymore. :)
I'm glad that we will have an editor for all those rules...
* So far it's the name...

I had some time and tried to organize and produce the cards for Companies and for Travel. It took some time to select images and adapt a solution that was coherent with the FATE, SCAVENGE and DREAM WORLD cards (the size and proportions is different). But I think that I managed something that you will like.

Keep in mind that the space (each game square) is not that big. Each image, that I inserted in the available "frame", has 70x35mm. So the text has to be that size, or it will be too small (I think). That's also why I broke the TÚNNFISK URINN. I hope it's not a bad thing...

On the academy I had an image with a text rectangle and borrowed Wyrm idea of the stave as a symbol.

I also did a little experimenting with the irregular borders for each image, to match with the "rough" look that Minna uses and that I will. later, use in everything else, including the board, if you agree.
I hope you like it. As always, suggestions are welcomed.

EDIT: This is the second version of the message, because I replaced the images for better ones.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2020, 12:17:58 PM by thegreyarea »
Chapter break survivor: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:
Languages: :pt: :br: Capable: :gb: Can read and survive: :es: Knows a bit: :fr: :it:

Jitter

• Valkyrie
« Reply #93 on: March 09, 2020, 04:38:10 PM »
I like the irregular borders! Also the pictures you chose are great. The card for the base however looks a bit overly bright on my screen at least. I know it’s because the picture is like that originally, but it stands out among these and the card backs. Could you try how it would look if you faded it just a little?

Proud ruler of Joensuu Airport, Admiral of S/S Kuru on the Finnish lake systems. Also the Water Mother.

thegreyarea

• Skald
« Reply #94 on: March 09, 2020, 07:09:27 PM »
I like the irregular borders! Also the pictures you chose are great. The card for the base however looks a bit overly bright on my screen at least. I know it’s because the picture is like that originally, but it stands out among these and the card backs. Could you try how it would look if you faded it just a little?
Hi! And I like that you like it! Now I'll go on with the "travel" ones :)
As for the Oresund image, I agree, and I already toned it down just a little (saturation -10%, brightness -5%). Please tell me if that's enough or if it needs more (or less) tweaking. :)

Purple Wyrm

• The Bombay Sausage of 2018!
  • Preferred pronouns: He/Him/Dat Fing
« Reply #95 on: March 10, 2020, 12:28:00 AM »
Been AWOL for a few days and will likely remain so for a bit, but popping my head up to say I like what I see!
Native :australia:
Fluent :newzealand: :uk: :usa: :canada: (Yes, I realise that's cheating)
Might remember some in an emergency :italy:
Understands the concept, just not the specifics :vaticancity:

:chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21:

:A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

⁂ Iron fisted ruler of Caversham Airfield ⁂ Sigrun isn't immune, t

Róisín

• Traveller on the Bird's Path
  • Elder of the Ruined Realm
« Reply #96 on: March 10, 2020, 03:37:52 AM »
Hello Wyrm! How is the ear healing?
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

Temteno

« Reply #97 on: March 10, 2020, 03:56:33 AM »
I'M IN AWE! <3
This SSSS monopoly looks so wonderful already! I especially love the hexagon-shaped board and the rules that have been done so far (as well as the background story for this monopoly).
I would love for this to be printable in future. It would be fun to play SSSS monopoly with friends - monopoly lover here :D

Purple Wyrm

« Reply #98 on: March 10, 2020, 07:25:46 AM »
Hello Wyrm! How is the ear healing?

Well, thank you! Still crackling and bleeding a little bit now and then, but good overall!

:chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21:

thegreyarea

• Skald
« Reply #99 on: March 10, 2020, 07:49:05 AM »
Well, thank you! Still crackling and bleeding a little bit now and then, but good overall!

It's very good to hear (he, he) from you, friend! And it's also good to know that things are getting better. :)

I'M IN AWE! <3
This SSSS monopoly looks so wonderful already! I especially love the hexagon-shaped board and the rules that have been done so far (as well as the background story for this monopoly).
I would love for this to be printable in future. It would be fun to play SSSS monopoly with friends - monopoly lover here :D
Thanks! We are putting our <3 for SSSS in, and it's great to know that you like what comes out! :)
My idea, so far, is to make it fully printable. A set of files that any Minnion could download and print, although with some care in selecting appropriate papers. And of course most won't have an A0 plotter at hand... But there are places where you can print that, and being just one sheet it won't be that expansive. Recently we talked about an online version, but we still don't know how to implement that...
But we still have a long way to go to reach that point. And along that way you can help us, with suggestions and, since you are a monopoly lover, helping in the test phase :)

Jitter

• Valkyrie
« Reply #100 on: March 10, 2020, 01:08:52 PM »
Hi! And I like that you like it! Now I'll go on with the "travel" ones :)
As for the Oresund image, I agree, and I already toned it down just a little (saturation -10%, brightness -5%). Please tell me if that's enough or if it needs more (or less) tweaking. :)

Hmm, maybe juuust a little bit more, or less.. I mean reduce the values a little further.

I'M IN AWE! <3

Thank you Temteno, you are now conscripted invited to the team! We haven't really collected the rules being thrown around into anything that would be even beginnings of a coherent set of rules but when we have that, comments from someone who plays a lot of monopoly are extremely welcome! If you have any ideas, particularly related to how to treat the properties and the buildings in this framework, anything is very welcome!

Vulpes

• Ranger
  • Multa novit vulpes
  • Preferred pronouns: Anything used with affection or respect
« Reply #101 on: March 10, 2020, 01:21:16 PM »
So we’ll sign you up as editor for the Tome of Rules? Thank you Vulpes :D

Okay, play to my strengths. I will try not to nit-pick too much!
Native: :ca:   Mostly gone: :fr:   A smattering: :de:   Learning!! :fi:

Vulpes

• Ranger
  • Multa novit vulpes
  • Preferred pronouns: Anything used with affection or respect
« Reply #102 on: March 10, 2020, 01:22:25 PM »
You mean that Vulpes will be the editor of that book containing all the rules, regular and optional, that we created (or will soon create) for The Game? You mean this book?

AAaaaaaaahhhh!

That is awesome!  XoX
Native: :ca:   Mostly gone: :fr:   A smattering: :de:   Learning!! :fi:

Jitter

• Valkyrie
« Reply #103 on: March 10, 2020, 02:49:55 PM »
So here is finally the next version of the Fate and Scavenging cards. There are currently 22 of each, let me know what you think.

FATE

Advance to GO - collect xx (200)
Proof of Immunity! Get out of quarantine. This card may be saved until used
Scratch by a grossling! Go to quarantine. Go directly to quarantine without passing GO.

Pastor Anne – remove all ghosts (and Sleipnope) on board. Use immediately.
Rune of banishment – remove one ghost (your choice) on board. Use immediately.

Cunning Plan! You manage to get yourself smuggled along in a crate. Go forward two spaces.
Engine failure! Go back 3 spaces.

Your transport is attacked. Throw one d6:
6 - crew nopes outta here fast. Go forward 2 spaces.
4-5 - guards defeat it. Proceed as normal 
2-3 - the giant breaks the engine, lose one turn
1 - the giant eats the driver / captain. Go back 3 spaces.

Holiday in Reykjavik! Advance to Reykjavik (if owned, pay normal rent, if unowned, you can buy it)
Summons from the cousin. Go to KEURUU - if you pass GO collect xx (200)
Last minute tickets. Advance to the nearest Transport and pay owner twice the normal rent. If Transport is unowned, you may buy it from the Bank

You perform Kallohonka on a slain beast. Lose one turn.
Language barrier! Lose one turn trying to buy tickets.

You join the Cleansers for a campaign. Lose 2 turns and collect xx (200?) as payment.
Your cookbook “Candle Soup and Other Delicacies” published. Everyone wants it. Collect xx (20) from each player.
Payday for expedition crew. Pay each player xx (50)
Your expedition returns! Receive xx (150) in proceedings.
Against all odds you return from the Silent World. Collect life insurance, receive xx (100) from Bank
You win second prize in a beauty contest. Receive xx (10)
It’s your birthday! Collect xx (10) from each player.
Mage school tuition, pay xx (50)
Cat academy fees, pay xx

City walls need repair!  Pay xx (40) per house and xx (115) per hotel you own.

SCAVENGING

Advance to GO

Proof of Immunity! Get out of quarantine. This card may be saved until used
Scratch by a grossling! Go to quarantine. Go directly to quarantine without passing GO.

Your expedition loots a University library. Collect xx (200)
You find usable equipment in a ruined storage room. Receive xx (50)
Rare maps! You sell them - collect) xx (100).
Refund for returning “rental” rowboat. Collect xx (100)
Fishing yields a good catch. Sell extra fish, collect xx from Bank (20?)
You kill a sjødraug. Local fishermen give you a prize, receive xx (50?)
Books collector buys a rare volume. Collect xxx (50)
Scavenger team finds shiny round objects. No value.
Squirrel cookies.

Crate of candles! You have taken wrong equipment! Pay xx.
Buy Medic kits and bandages for your crew. Pay xx (50)
Hospital fees, pay xx (50)
You need boat tickets. Pay xx (15) to Bank

You have valuable intel for the Sentinel Mage. Receive xx in thanks. (50?)
Payment for your services as scout, receive xx (25)
Payment for exclusive interview on your adventures, receive xx (20)
Your drawing wins an art competition. Receive xx (100)

Rune of protection – when a ghost tries to attack you, it is banished. You suffer no harm. Keep card until used.
Grandma’s rifle - +2 to battle roll as long as you have this item. Keep card with you. Every time you pass GO, pay 10 for ammo. If you fail to pay, return rifle to the deck.
Incendiary device - when used in battle, roll d6 (keep card until used)
6 - opponent shredded with no further battle
2-5 +3 to battle roll
1 - oops counted to four instead of three! Take one wound / lose one hit point.

Turret maintenance for all properties! For each house pay xx (25) for each hotel xx (100)

Edited 12.3: added cat academy fees, incendiary device, squirrel cookie (effect to be decided)
« Last Edit: March 11, 2020, 06:10:19 PM by Jitter »

Purple Wyrm

« Reply #104 on: March 10, 2020, 07:52:38 PM »
Great work Jitter!

In terms of money, I figure since our board has (more or less) an extra 33% properties over the normal board, cards should award/cost an extra 33%. So passing 'Go' for instance should provide 300 rather than 200.

Also, we need at least one card that refers to Kitty training! ;D