Author Topic: White Noise (Webcomic by Adrien Lee) SPOILERS  (Read 13668 times)

thorny

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • Preferred pronouns: either female or gender-neutral
Re: White Noise (Webcomic by Adrien Lee) SPOILERS
« Reply #30 on: February 21, 2022, 11:19:39 AM »
I think it isn't only that he's seeing the resemblance as anyone might who thinks that they look alike. I think he's also "seeing" with his additional ability; which I would expect to mean that he knows for sure there's some connection, not just a possible coincidence of appearance.

Jitter

• Valkyrie
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • JOE guardian, SS Kuru keeper, Finn with some magic
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her, they/their
« Reply #31 on: February 23, 2022, 03:57:10 PM »
It’s understandable if Numair needs to take a moment to consider what to do with this information, but seriously he can’t refrain from telling them. If he did, he wouldn’t be the good person we have come to see him as.

Hiding his true identity from Hawk is bad, but somehow understandable, especially if read as “I’ll absolutely tell him soon, I just need to have this for a little longer”. Not letting the siblings know about each other would be selfish and cruel. He knows how Hawk suffers from the trauma of losing his family (the nightmare we saw was about the Trade but Numair probably knows something about his other nightmares too with his Seeing) and that Liya thinks she’s lost her family although she seems to be coping reasonably well. I don’t think Numair is selfish and cruel. At least I hope he’s not, even though real people have many different facets to them.

However, as the broadcast is right around the corner (this same night? The “bird” is up) he may choose to not tell until after the big event. Or may even be unable to reach Hawk before it. I don’t remember right now, can they call from world to world or would he have to go to Ardh to speak to Hawk. So, perhaps it all comes to light via some dramatic circumstances (see chapter cover) because of the timing. But he can’t just decide not to say anything to protect his “cover”.
🇫🇮 🇬🇧 🇸🇪 🇫🇷 (🇩🇪)(🇯🇵)((🇨🇳))

:A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

Proud ruler of Joensuu Airport, Admiral of S/S Kuru on the Finnish lake systems. Also the Water Mother.

Keep Looking

• Bragi
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her, they/them
« Reply #32 on: February 24, 2022, 04:05:26 AM »
It’s understandable if Numair needs to take a moment to consider what to do with this information, but seriously he can’t refrain from telling them. If he did, he wouldn’t be the good person we have come to see him as.

Hiding his true identity from Hawk is bad, but somehow understandable, especially if read as “I’ll absolutely tell him soon, I just need to have this for a little longer”. Not letting the siblings know about each other would be selfish and cruel. He knows how Hawk suffers from the trauma of losing his family (the nightmare we saw was about the Trade but Numair probably knows something about his other nightmares too with his Seeing) and that Liya thinks she’s lost her family although she seems to be coping reasonably well. I don’t think Numair is selfish and cruel. At least I hope he’s not, even though real people have many different facets to them.

However, as the broadcast is right around the corner (this same night? The “bird” is up) he may choose to not tell until after the big event. Or may even be unable to reach Hawk before it. I don’t remember right now, can they call from world to world or would he have to go to Ardh to speak to Hawk. So, perhaps it all comes to light via some dramatic circumstances (see chapter cover) because of the timing. But he can’t just decide not to say anything to protect his “cover”.

I absolutely agree. I think that, while flawed, Numair has been consistently written as a character who deeply, genuinely cares about other people. I hope that the potential of him hiding this discovery from Hawk is out of character! However, I do agree that with Numair's responsibilities as the Cynn and also to the broadcast, he might not be able to get to Hawk immediately, and that may throw some trouble in the mix.
I write poetry sometimes.

Icon by the amazing Rithalie from the SSSS discord (rithalie-art.tumblr.com)

Ruler of Changi Airport

thorny

« Reply #33 on: February 24, 2022, 12:40:12 PM »
He can get to Liya immediately, though. Is he going to do that?

Jitter

• Valkyrie
« Reply #34 on: February 28, 2022, 04:47:02 PM »
Oh wow does the thick plotten! Note that this is a two-page update!

Spoiler: show
No wonder Numair struggled to put two and two together, if and when the photo in the report showed Hawk actually clearly dead! Even though Hawk (luckily!) has already told him of his encounters with the Death Owl, it must be quite a shock for poor Mari to see his loved one dead. No wonder he looks so shaken.

Proud ruler of Joensuu Airport, Admiral of S/S Kuru on the Finnish lake systems. Also the Water Mother.

Gwenno

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Be the change you wish to see
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #35 on: February 28, 2022, 06:13:59 PM »
Well, that was a doozy of a double update! There had been so many close calls over the years and they came to nothing and now *finally*, there's a person who knows both of them, knows who they are to each other AND doesn't think that one of them is currently dead (what Mari's response to the report will be, however, I suppose we'll just have to see).

Now I'm just hoping that nothing goes horribly wrong during the broadcast  O_O Hawk and Liya have been apart for over ten years now for the readers, so just let them hug, please!!!!!
You're a fool if you dance or not so you might as well dance

Fluent: :wls: :gb:
駄洒落だけ: :jp:
Working on it :nl:
Tourist level: :es: :fr: :it:

Chapter break survivor : :artd: :book1+: :book2: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14:
Soulcount: 10

proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society
Roleplay doc

Jitter

• Valkyrie
« Reply #36 on: February 28, 2022, 06:26:02 PM »
It only just now occurred to me that Numair himself told Liya her brothers are dead, via showing her the report. Before that Liya only knew Hawk was missing and probably feared for him, but she didn’t know for a “fact” that he was dead.

Well, not “fact” but fact, apparently he really was dead for a bit. Scary stuff for all of them, I’m sure.

Also I fear something will go much wrongly. The chapter cover looks like Hawk is bursting into a scene of an emergency. Is he flying unauthorized into the portal at the between worlds building? Or can he cross on his own? Or is it just embellished a bit? Still, it doesn’t look like a controlled arrival.

thorny

« Reply #37 on: March 06, 2022, 07:29:07 PM »
I do hope that's Numair on the phone --

and is Teige going to overhear familiar names?

Jitter

• Valkyrie
« Reply #38 on: March 07, 2022, 04:00:05 AM »
If it’s just the du cuppra calling Vlad to give a status report, I will lose some hair to frustration-induced pulling!  :reynir:

Jitter

• Valkyrie
« Reply #39 on: March 13, 2022, 06:02:24 PM »
Thorny, you are a truthseer!

I’m so happy!

thorny

« Reply #40 on: March 13, 2022, 08:37:02 PM »
Here we go here we go here we go -- finally --

The look on Teige's face!

Jitter

• Valkyrie
« Reply #41 on: March 14, 2022, 02:42:06 PM »
Teige goes completely blank, and Parker has to kick him back to action. After which there will be questions. Very many questions.

thorny

« Reply #42 on: March 20, 2022, 04:01:30 PM »
Page page page page page --

telephones work!

Jitter

• Valkyrie
« Reply #43 on: March 20, 2022, 04:39:37 PM »
In a surprise move, Vlad takes a shorcut through the questions and calls the man himself.

All goodness! Hawk stills doesn’t know Teige’s there too.

Keep Looking

• Bragi
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her, they/them
« Reply #44 on: March 21, 2022, 10:43:19 PM »
Yes! The first group of people are re-united! All hail the humble telephone!

All goodness! Hawk stills doesn’t know Teige’s there too.

But Hawk knows that Teige is still alive - the important thing is that Teige now knows that Hawk's alive and okay. Hopefully they'll be able to talk next panel.
I write poetry sometimes.

Icon by the amazing Rithalie from the SSSS discord (rithalie-art.tumblr.com)

Ruler of Changi Airport