Author Topic: General Discussion Thread  (Read 2374950 times)

RandomTexanReader

• Ranger
  • Forum Prophet (avatar by the incredible mad robin)
Re: General Discussion Thread
« Reply #8565 on: July 23, 2015, 12:29:28 AM »
Update:
Spoiler: show
 It's the middle of my second week, and I haven't cut myself once yet! (Of course I've probably jinxed myself now, but oh well.) I got a cell phone so people can call me (ugh) and I'm babysitting my cousins-in-law tomorrow (yay) and it's just beginning to hit me that this is it.
I've moved out of the house.
It's entirely possible that I will only ever return 'home' on visits for the rest of my life.

Then I made the mistake of imagining Mikkel saying this and it hurts

I love the art store, and it makes me happy when other people love it too. Overheard today:
*dingaling*
Cashier: "Hello, welcome to Lenz Arts! Can I help you today?"
Wife: "No, we're just waiting for a friend and figured we might as well see if there's anything we need in here."
Cashier:"Okay, well let me know if you need any help!"
Wife: "Holy crap, this store is huge! I've never seen an art store this big!"
Husband: "It's a serious art store!"
Wife: "This is like Rembrandt serious, holy crap."
Me: *snickers gleefully to self*

Also continuation of the "Californians mumble" adventures:
Me: *signs for delivery*
Delivery guy: "kayiavenay"
Me: *interprets as 'can I have your name'*
Me: *gives full name*
Delivery guy: *waves* *leaves*
Me:
Me: "I think he said, 'kay, have a nice day.'"

I'm beginning to branch out of the frameshop as well: there's always a lot to do back there, but there's not always a lot that I can do. So I go up front and beg for stuff to do.
I am currently Reynir.

Fortunately I am still busily expanding my skill set! I actually helped a couple of people with designs today, which was really exciting for me because I love people and I love working with them and helping them. However I am also extremely introverted. So I love people but they completely drain me. Do you see my problem?
So today was especially exhausting, but I absolutely loved it.

Speaking of exhausting, my health has been steadily spiraling downwards for the past two months. (Probably longer, but as far as symptoms go.) I'm seeing a doctor on Tuesday, but at this point they're telling me to go to the ER at once if x happens, so yeah. On top of everything I have to deal with the fact that I'm low-key dying. *sigh*
I'm having a great time with my cousins in my spare time, even though our primary means of communication are bickering and passive-aggressiveness. Lallicousin is all caught up, and now my girl cousin is reading it. She's still on the prologue and of course I'm reading it with her. :D
Anyhoo, work again and time with littlies tomorrow! Yay!!!
« Last Edit: July 23, 2015, 12:58:45 AM by RandomTexanReader »
... Texas ... is a mystique closely approximating a religion. And this is true to the extent that people either passionately love Texas or passionately hate it....
John Steinbeck
:usa:
:vaticancity: Domine, non sum dignus....
:mexico: No habla Espanol
:croatia: Hvala za nishto, dobro za nishto, mali vrag.

Fen Shen

• Ranger
  • one post per day keeps the madness away
« Reply #8566 on: July 23, 2015, 05:52:01 AM »
RTR and Laufey, that both sounds like fun. Good luck for your competition, Laufey, and congrats RTR for expanding your skill set :)
I knida wish I also had some summer adventure to share... However, I'm just sitting in my office and screening applications for our Master's course which will start in October (and I'll also teach my first course so some of the applicants are actually going to be my fist students  :o ).
speaks: :germany: :uk: :france:
learning: :italy: :norway: :spain:
:chap2: :chap3: :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :book2: :chap12:
:hat: :betterhat:

Haiz

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #8567 on: July 23, 2015, 07:22:31 AM »
i drew this
but you drew it better in like ten minutes and i feel slightly attacked
still gonna upload it to the art museum though
i didn't choose the art reflex life the art reflex life chose me
(I wanna see your version i'm praying to the internet gods that they let you upload)

Getting ready for prejudging, where the judges get a close look at the cosplays. Feeling a little bit nervous, or possibly just hungry. The other contestants all look brilliant and it's fun to hang out with them in the sovsal as we're all getting ready, they're all awesome people and the group spirit is great!
aaaa that sounds awesome!! and hhh I wanna go to Närcon tooooo

oh wow. moved out. maybe for Real o_____o that's both very exciting and very scary so uh encouraging hug. and comforting hug for the health thing. but your job sounds amazing!! ART SUPPLY STORE aaaaa

also I relate a lot to the mumbling people, except people here don't mumble they just talk VERY FAST and my brain can't catch up with that at all. I think the head chef was telling me to smile but his words raced at 100 miles per hour and I think maybe he insulted me? anyway he ended it with "don't you smile in norway?" to which i replied "uh not much"

i'm also thinking most of the chefs are secretly pirates. a lot of them have beards and tattoos and earrings and definitely look like they belong on a ship rather than in a hotel.
you'll know where to find me.

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #8568 on: July 23, 2015, 08:45:14 AM »
i'm also thinking most of the chefs are secretly pirates. a lot of them have beards and tattoos and earrings and definitely look like they belong on a ship rather than in a hotel.

Well, there are loads of sailors strolling around in Prague (mostly of African descent for some reason), so there's plenty of plunder to be had for evening pirates.

Daéa Reina

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
  • well, I'm trying
« Reply #8569 on: July 23, 2015, 10:22:32 AM »
Good luck, Laufey! :D

I hope you get well soon, RTR! And congratulations for your first steps into adulthood (moving out and all that).

From what I have read here, adulthood turns everyone into Reynir. I wonder when will be my turn?
native :brazil:  |  decent :usa: :spain:  |  wants to learn :germany: :finland: :france:

I'm a survivor: :artd: :book1+: (-1) :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

"There's no better place on earth than the road that leads to Heaven."

Ana Nymus

• DeviantArt
  • Checking in once in a while
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #8570 on: July 23, 2015, 10:33:06 AM »

...I couldn't help myself. Not that I'm apologizing
:usa: Yes.
:spain: Out of practice.
:finland: Failed to learn.
:vaticancity: Probably remember five words.
White text: Always ;P
:chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

I also speak SCIENCE!!!

RandomTexanReader

• Ranger
« Reply #8571 on: July 23, 2015, 10:37:47 AM »

"Cut it thrice already and it's still too short", as the German idiom goes ... :D

Okay, I am ashamed. I saw this when you posted it, but I didn't get it until yesterday morning on the way to work. (I believe I've mentioned that I tend to be a bit slow on the uptake.)
Anyhow, I found it inordinately hilarious, and I drew a picture of it and it's going up on the wall in the frameshop, over the matcutter.

(Scanner messed with the colors, it looks better than this in real life.)
... Texas ... is a mystique closely approximating a religion. And this is true to the extent that people either passionately love Texas or passionately hate it....
John Steinbeck

DB (f.k.a. DaveBro)

• Ranger
  • Filk, flute, guitar, NwoC
« Reply #8572 on: July 23, 2015, 11:33:26 AM »
I love it!  ;D. Please may I print it out to hang with our paper chopper?   8)

::meant as puppy dog eyes::
 ;)
Fluent:  :usa:      Fair:  :norway:    BTE:  :france:
           Chapter Breaks Survived:  
                            :hat:
            :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:
            :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16:
            :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:
            :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8:    (5-20)

RandomTexanReader

• Ranger
« Reply #8573 on: July 23, 2015, 11:42:53 AM »
I love it!  ;D. Please may I print it out to hang with our paper chopper?   8)

::meant as puppy dog eyes::
 ;)
Help yourself!
John Steinbeck

starfallz

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • MiSSSSionary
« Reply #8574 on: July 23, 2015, 11:44:26 AM »

Yup, that is adulthood. Good luck with everything... and I hope you get better. I've had health problems my entire adulthood (What, you just turned 20? HERE HAVE SOME CANCER) but it's been okay. :)

Getting ready for prejudging, where the judges get a close look at the cosplays. Feeling a little bit nervous, or possibly just hungry. The other contestants all look brilliant and it's fun to hang out with them in the sovsal as we're all getting ready, they're all awesome people and the group spirit is great!

Good luck!!!! *hopes there will be pictures*
Fluent: :usa: Rusty: :japan: Uh, what? :sweden:
Chapter Break Survivor: :artd: : :chap5: :book2: :book3: :book4: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

viola

• Hel
  • Conqueror of an Abandoned City
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #8575 on: July 23, 2015, 11:50:44 AM »
Just got back from climbing Esja! It was awesome! Going up was not easy, but going down was worse because I am terrifyied of heights. It went something like:

Me: *clinging to rock for dear life*
Friend: *jumping down mountain* Come on.
Me: ....
Me: I don't wanna diiiiie!!!!!

I didn't die but my worries were valid because an elder man did fall and I think he may have broken his wrist. Aside from that, it was very beautiful up there and we got to sign the guest book near the top. I'll post pictures next time I have a computer.
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

Haiz

• Tumblr
« Reply #8576 on: July 23, 2015, 04:07:21 PM »

...I couldn't help myself. Not that I'm apologizing
I can vouch for the accuracy of this

Well, there are loads of sailors strolling around in Prague (mostly of African descent for some reason), so there's plenty of plunder to be had for evening pirates.
what the heck are sailors doing in the czech republic

anyway!!! Mélusine is in prague!!! I can't believe I actually convinced a forumite to come here and keep me company hahahaha ha..... the weekend's gonna be great :3

you'll know where to find me.

Ana Nymus

• DeviantArt
  • Checking in once in a while
« Reply #8577 on: July 23, 2015, 04:40:00 PM »
anyway!!! Mélusine is in prague!!! I can't believe I actually convinced a forumite to come here and keep me company hahahaha ha..... the weekend's gonna be great :3

Yay! Have fun you two  ;D
:usa: Yes.
:spain: Out of practice.
:finland: Failed to learn.
:vaticancity: Probably remember five words.
White text: Always ;P
:chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

I also speak SCIENCE!!!

viola

• Hel
  • Conqueror of an Abandoned City
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #8578 on: July 23, 2015, 04:56:20 PM »

*gets out emergency tardis*
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

Haiz

• Tumblr
« Reply #8579 on: July 23, 2015, 05:00:31 PM »
*gets out emergency tardis*
*sits on suitcase*
leave my clothes alone