Author Topic: Self-Inserts and OCs  (Read 842304 times)

Gwenno

• Valkyrie
  • Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Be the change you wish to see
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
Re: Self-Inserts
« Reply #2220 on: June 13, 2015, 09:56:07 AM »
Aaaaw hell yes! All this group interactions might be my new favourite thing  ;D (sorry blorp troll reactions, you're still cool, but well…..)
This is a scene set in Norway in summer, a giant has been flushed out and is chasing a team back to base.  Here we see Karri holding open the door to the electric fence, Fenris is almost in, followed by Fimbulvarg, with Gwenno bringing up the rear after a valiant attempt at a flanking manuoevre.  Piney is calling back to the outpost to time the switching on of the electricity.  (Why is Piney in Norway? Dunno, leave me alone.)  Haiz and Almond Goddess have a plan, though - the falcon is to take a rock and drop it on the giant's main head from a great height.  But this is no ordinary rock, now that Haiz has cast a rune upon it for unerring accuracy and deadly effect, while not harming the falcon who must carry it.  (The off-duty personnel are not in uniform.)

This one! I love how totally plausible the scenario is (says she talking about characters from a made up part of a fictional story  ::) ) You've got everyone acting very true to character (as far as I can tell anyway), and we're all looking pretty darn cool to boot :P

RTR - some real funny comics you've been providing, thank you for the laughs  :D The troll chase and daiseerose's ssssona's ambulance run are golden, and I was real glad nobody was around I'd need to explain why I was laughing to :P

Almond-Goddess - It's looking so super pretty but also kinda melancholy? Gargh, now it's got me feeling melancholy as well, stupid well conveyed emotions in a good picture!

Feartheviolas - Excellent use of demon cats :P I've got to agree with the others that it somehow really is adorable! That's some real nice colouring as well

Kicknrun - Shall we call this particular manoeuvre "pulling a Reynir"? Lets hope your silent world endeavours work out a little better :P Also, I agree, that's a pretty good "oh crap" face Jesty has going for her in the second panel

Estimated outcome: an all out battle involving Gwenno in usual berserk mode.

Bah! Poor Lára having to deal with Laufeytroll's hugging :P Well at least everyone made it out alive in the end and that's actually pretty informative and useful for us troll hunters! I'm also loving how my ssssona has become so tall in all these comics  ;D and berserk mode? HELLZ YEAH! (Also I would like to at this point deny that Fimbulvarg's current state has anything to do with the fact that he thought it would be funny to pull my braids at training that morning, although I'll spread a general caution to everyone - leave the braids alone!)
You're a fool if you dance or not so you might as well dance

Fluent: :wls: :gb:
駄洒落だけ: :jp:
Working on it :nl:
Tourist level: :es: :fr: :it:

Chapter break survivor : :artd: :book1+: :book2: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14:
Soulcount: 10

proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society
Roleplay doc

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
« Reply #2221 on: June 13, 2015, 10:04:25 AM »

Estimated outcome: an all out battle involving Gwenno in usual berserk mode.
:D

Bah! Poor Lára having to deal with Laufeytroll's hugging :P Well at least everyone made it out alive in the end and that's actually pretty informative and useful for us troll hunters! I'm also loving how my ssssona has become so tall in all these comics  ;D and berserk mode? HELLZ YEAH! (Also I would like to at this point deny that Fimbulvarg's current state has anything to do with the fact that he thought it would be funny to pull my braids at training that morning, although I'll spread a general caution to everyone - leave the braids alone!)
Wait, you hadn't a kind of berserk mode before ? Ooooooops ? ^^
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Gwenno

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #2222 on: June 13, 2015, 10:11:24 AM »
:D
Wait, you hadn't a kind of berserk mode before ? Ooooooops ? ^^

Haha, it wasn't something I'd intended on happening :) it kinda developed itself in the way people saw her, and then the way I saw her as well so I figured might as well roll with it because it actually suits REALLY WELL (I think you are also familiar with characters developing themselves beyond your control :P), and having a berserk in a troll hunting squad seems like it would have so many fun possibilities, so yeah it is now TOTALLY A THING!

Roleplay doc

Mélusine

« Reply #2223 on: June 13, 2015, 10:21:17 AM »
Haha, it wasn't something I'd intended on happening :) it kinda developed itself in the way people saw her, and then the way I saw her as well so I figured might as well roll with it because it actually suits REALLY WELL (I think you are also familiar with characters developing themselves beyond your control :P), and having a berserk in a troll hunting squad seems like it would have so many fun possibilities, so yeah it is now TOTALLY A THING!
(*Looks in an other direction with application* I don't see what you're talking about... Which "control" ?) *Relieved* I was thinking "Is that a mistake ? Yes, no, maybe ?" :P
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Haiz

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #2224 on: June 13, 2015, 05:27:32 PM »
Okay, so I've tried to draw/design the 'sonas for SectoBoss (Julian Adamsson) and Emil (you gotta write a bio now, dude)!
emphasis on tried, tell me if you want something different!

SectoBoss, who has already written that fantastic hair dye conversation between Julian and Haiz

Emil, to whom I've probably promised 20 drawings in the past

you'll know where to find me.

SectoBoss

• Ranger
« Reply #2225 on: June 13, 2015, 05:49:47 PM »
Okay, so I've tried to draw/design the 'sonas for SectoBoss (Julian Adamsson) and Emil (you gotta write a bio now, dude)!
emphasis on tried, tell me if you want something different!

SectoBoss, who has already written that fantastic hair dye conversation between Julian and Haiz

Well, now I’ve taken a moment to dance around my kitchen in happiness, I feel I have calmed down enough to respond coherently.
I love it! Love it to bits! You’ve absolutely nailed Julian’s ‘what the heck is this?’ expression – an expression I’ve pulled myself quite a lot in labs over the years. And the SSSS insignia on the pocket! I need to put that on my own lab coat now…
Thank you so much!
Native: :uk:  Remembers dregs: :france: :vaticancity:  Learning (slowly): :sweden:
Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11:
Proud owner of a Haizvatar
I write a bit on AO3

Gwenno

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #2226 on: June 13, 2015, 06:19:22 PM »
Well, now I’ve taken a moment to dance around my kitchen in happiness, I feel I have calmed down enough to respond coherently.
I love it! Love it to bits! You’ve absolutely nailed Julian’s ‘what the heck is this?’ expression – an expression I’ve pulled myself quite a lot in labs over the years. And the SSSS insignia on the pocket! I need to put that on my own lab coat now…
Thank you so much!

Hah, beat you to it! :P (the other people in the lab thought it was a flower though  >:( )

On a less obnoxious note those are some nice design pictures Haiz ^_^ very mad scientist there and gotta agree with SectoBoss, the expression is brill! Can't say much about Emil (as you mentioned, no bio yet), but the jingly stuff at the belt look fun and it is good floofy hair :P The pics have a lot of personality to them

Roleplay doc

Haiz

• Tumblr
« Reply #2227 on: June 13, 2015, 06:27:04 PM »
Thank you so much!
I'M GLAD YOU LIKE IT YOU'RE WELCOME

Hah, beat you to it! :P (the other people in the lab thought it was a flower though  >:( )

On a less obnoxious note those are some nice design pictures Haiz ^_^ very mad scientist there and gotta agree with SectoBoss, the expression is brill! Can't say much about Emil (as you mentioned, no bio yet), but the jingly stuff at the belt look fun and it is good floofy hair :P The pics have a lot of personality to them
hah, I actually think it was your labcoat that inspired me to draw that insignia on the pocket!
and thank you! I think maybe I fluffed up both of their hair more than I was supposed to, but... fluffy hair...... it's the SSSS-verse............

RandomTexanReader

• Ranger
  • Forum Prophet (avatar by the incredible mad robin)
« Reply #2228 on: June 13, 2015, 07:34:11 PM »
Don't let Lára cook.

(It's an ancestral recipe)
[youtube width=300]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hdC-kR9MJxU[/youtube]
... Texas ... is a mystique closely approximating a religion. And this is true to the extent that people either passionately love Texas or passionately hate it....
John Steinbeck
:usa:
:vaticancity: Domine, non sum dignus....
:mexico: No habla Espanol
:croatia: Hvala za nishto, dobro za nishto, mali vrag.

Haiz

• Tumblr
« Reply #2229 on: June 13, 2015, 07:44:55 PM »

i am incredibly sensitive when it comes to spicy food, even by norwegian standards. so this is incredibly accurate, and i will most certainly be very wary about letting you cook again, rune theft or not

(by 'genuine' old world dish, do you mean there's like. a bit of leftover year 0 chili in it or something)

also wow it's time for bed, goodnight

viola

• Hel
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #2230 on: June 13, 2015, 07:45:54 PM »
Don't let Lára cook.

:D Promise me you will never stop making these
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

RandomTexanReader

• Ranger
« Reply #2231 on: June 13, 2015, 07:53:05 PM »
i am incredibly sensitive when it comes to spicy food, even by norwegian standards. so this is incredibly accurate, and i will most certainly be very wary about letting you cook again, rune theft or not

(by 'genuine' old world dish, do you mean there's like. a bit of leftover year 0 chili in it or something)

Chili wouldn't last that long, don't be gross.
The spice mix is indeed gen-yoo-ine Year 0, though.

:D Promise me you will never stop making these
Careful what you ask for, you just might get it.
... Texas ... is a mystique closely approximating a religion. And this is true to the extent that people either passionately love Texas or passionately hate it....
John Steinbeck

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #2232 on: June 13, 2015, 07:55:41 PM »

Iceland has free geothermal energy and lots of greenhouses, just sayin'...
Speak: :finland: :iceland: :uk: :icelandic sheepdog:
Butchering at every try: :sweden:
Learning: :japan:
Wishlist: :norway:

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

princeofdoom

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • Preferred pronouns: he or they
« Reply #2233 on: June 13, 2015, 07:58:24 PM »

i love spicy foods, so i'm just going to say, whatever Ilmari'd be used to eating in Finland, he would probably love chil-lee :D
Native :usa:
Rusty (and other issues) :japan: :france:
Learning :russia:
Starting :finland:

RandomTexanReader

• Ranger
« Reply #2234 on: June 13, 2015, 07:59:26 PM »
Iceland has free geothermal energy and lots of greenhouses, just sayin'...
I was really confused, and then realized that you probably meant this

While I'm thinking of this
John Steinbeck