Author Topic: Self-Inserts and OCs  (Read 842439 times)

koalalou

• Scout
  • Attention Dazzling Heywhat'sthat Dysfunction
Re: Self-Inserts
« Reply #1695 on: May 29, 2015, 07:54:25 PM »
Omg Curry that is gorgeous O vO //drools//

pssst there's something for you on page 112

Boop-boop-ba-doop~

princeofdoom

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • Preferred pronouns: he or they
« Reply #1696 on: May 29, 2015, 09:13:36 PM »
i think blorptroll is funny as heck, but Ilmari would just

"no"

"nope, no nuh uh, no way, get it out or at least keep it away from me, it's giving me nightmares. I DON'T CARE IF IT'S TINY, GET RID OF IT!"

it would be the most talking he did at one time and for half of it he'd be yelling in Finnish while most other folks don't even speak it.
Native :usa:
Rusty (and other issues) :japan: :france:
Learning :russia:
Starting :finland:

KicknRun

• Ranger
  • excitable hatred
  • Preferred pronouns: he/her
« Reply #1697 on: May 29, 2015, 09:35:37 PM »
Alexis would probably knife and burn poor blorptroll as soon as nobody was looking. And the next morning everybody's like "Where is the tiny screaming thing" and Alexis is just like

Don't suspect the tiny person with access to explosives. She did nothing wrong, nope.

but blorptroll is pretty hilarious. Just the matter of how she would kill it without anybody knowing it was her. That might be a problem.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2015, 09:39:59 PM by KicknRun »

:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11:
SSSSoulcount:0

Icon drawn by Piney

koalalou

• Scout
  • Attention Dazzling Heywhat'sthat Dysfunction
« Reply #1698 on: May 29, 2015, 11:09:17 PM »
just got back from sushi and somehow this happened while I was waiting for my food...

Boop-boop-ba-doop~

Almond-Goddess

• Safe-Zone Citizen
« Reply #1699 on: May 30, 2015, 02:30:09 AM »
Mm, general consensus seems to be that my rendition of blorptroll is adorably terrifying. Yay! And now blorptroll shall have a companion, Laufey!

Tiffany Hayashi | dA | Tumblr

Piney

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #1700 on: May 30, 2015, 02:33:03 AM »
Mm, general consensus seems to be that my rendition of blorptroll is adorably terrifying. Yay! And now blorptroll shall have a companion, Laufey!

That posing makes me wonder if it just saw itself in the mirror.

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

Almond-Goddess

• Safe-Zone Citizen
« Reply #1701 on: May 30, 2015, 02:49:22 AM »
That posing makes me wonder if it just saw itself in the mirror.

You can say that the view was...positively jaw-dropping! ;D
Tiffany Hayashi | dA | Tumblr

Haiz

• Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #1702 on: May 30, 2015, 03:43:30 AM »

no, kidding, that laufeytroll is amazing. My first impression of the pose was that is was unclamping its ears all "is it done? is the screaming finally done? are we free?"

dun dUN DUN

i think blorptroll is funny as heck, but Ilmari would just

"no"

"nope, no nuh uh, no way, get it out or at least keep it away from me, it's giving me nightmares. I DON'T CARE IF IT'S TINY, GET RID OF IT!"

it would be the most talking he did at one time and for half of it he'd be yelling in Finnish while most other folks don't even speak it.
but blorptroll is pretty hilarious. Just the matter of how she would kill it without anybody knowing it was her. That might be a problem.

ack, this post is long enough as is: Curry, koalalou and Gwenno: those are some really good arts you've got there!!! Love Karri's star cape and FLOMF HAIR. Love what you did with Alexis' skirt. The fireworks and building climbing reminds me of Mulan, for some reason. Which is a good thing because I love mulan

as for mary sue-ness, I don't think my magesona really qualifies, ze's too much based on myself to really be one. Unless... I am the mary sue..................
« Last Edit: May 30, 2015, 03:57:53 AM by Haiz »
you'll know where to find me.

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #1703 on: May 30, 2015, 03:57:38 AM »

It's... so... beautiful. By beautiful I mean perfect. And by perfect I mean that combination of creepiness and humanity is awesome and so disturbing - I'm agreeing someone probably finally managed to silence the blorp, my troll has sensitive ears to begin with so that "? bLEsseD LacK oF NOiSe ?"-look would totally happen.
Speak: :finland: :iceland: :uk: :icelandic sheepdog:
Butchering at every try: :sweden:
Learning: :japan:
Wishlist: :norway:

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

AquaAurion

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #1704 on: May 30, 2015, 05:29:09 AM »
So much new art :o I hope I don't miss anyone:

frenci: You're not alone with that reaction ^w^

Laufey: That badminton pic is beautiful 8,D

Gwenno: I really like all the action going on! :D

koalalou: It looks really neat :) I like how you drew her outfit!

Curry: Wow, that's one cool outfit :) For some reason I love the fur tufts sticking out from the gloves ^^

Almond-Goddess: I can see Laufey-troll looking into a mirror and being all "Oh, I look lovely today", piffing up some imaginary hair XD

Eagerly waiting since November 2014:  :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02:
(✿σ‿σ) ~<3

Curry

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • [musically] IB IS KILLIN ME
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them/theirs
« Reply #1705 on: May 30, 2015, 10:42:20 AM »

omg I kept erasing things and you can totally tell
sorry about how messy it is, Curry--but I have finally finished! ;D
I totally wanted to have you holding two flamethrowers...but I could't seem to get the second one right so I had to go to plan B before the eraser-marks got even darker TT vTT
the eraser marks under the flames lend a fairly nice effect, though...

!!!!! Oh my god this is AWESOME! I agree, the eraser marks under the flames are really cool and that kind of makes me want to try that out somewhere! I have no idea where, but... eventuallyyyyyy

Well gosh, there's a lot to comment on here and I hardly know where to start! I think maybe I'll have to just give my blanket compliments to all the pretty arts and the funny concepts rather than try to comment on everything that I've missed, which is a shame because this whole thread gets me smiling each time I read it, and it would be nice to comment on each of the gazillion individual things ^_^

Well anyway, here I am with my art trade with Curry :) My reasoning was that since Karri was both a cleanser and likes science that they'd probably be able to create their own fireworks. Also, pretty sure Karri can get down fine from the balcony of the burning building, but don't you guys try this at home!

(as for the hair, it actually DID look fine in the lineart, but for some reason the painting messed it up  :-\ - which is weird, because that's actually the opposite of what happens usually - and I also forgot the flamethrower until about halfway though painting… buuuuut seeing as I'm really bad at weapons it probably looks better without anyway)

This is SO CUTE!!! *squirrels away to treasure trove* Also, the fireworks detail is really cool and now that HAS to be a thing that happens!
During a Very Serious Mission:
"Karri, why is that fire pink"
"I dunno. Magic."
"Karri, why is the fire pink."
"..."
"Karri-"
"Okay fine I was testing out prototypes for fireworks. Don't judge me. Maybe it'll confuse the trolls LEAVE ME ALONE"

...ahahaha, it's official. Flamethrowers seem to be the bane of everybody's existence, but it looks great without it!! Thank you so much! I actually started doing the final sketch yesterday for yours, so it will be here... soooooon ;)

just got back from sushi and somehow this happened while I was waiting for my food...

Yoooo these are really cool and that second one is hilarious! Double flamethrowers and a wink ;)

Also, Laufey, that badminton picture is near the top of my list of Favorite Things. That's truly best way to deal with blorptroll's incessant screaming :D
YEET

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #1706 on: May 30, 2015, 10:54:00 AM »
well my cleanser has gradually been getting more and more mage powers, but at least they lost that skill eventually so maybe not??
I mean... their mage outfit is pretty ridiculous. Speaking of which........... I finished it

Hhwell, the title for most stylish, most swaggalicious mage outfit clearly goes to Karri the cosmic swagmage. I just hope your dreamscape is warmer than what we've seen so far. PS: the art is amazing as always.

It's interesting to see your take on the the trolls. Eh hehe, that expression, that pose and those bloody claws make it look very shocked.

"B-by Jove, I've killed a person! I d-didn't think I had it in me!... I'm kind of a badass...."

Heyo!

daItrick

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Making terrible puns since 2004
  • Preferred pronouns: They/he
« Reply #1707 on: May 30, 2015, 11:10:03 AM »
Too much beautiful art here! You guys are so talented and awesome :D

Well, long time I don't draw my 'sona so I did this:

Maybe the eyes are wrong but I did this yesterday at 12 p.m so seems legit.
Anyways, as someone has noticed, I changed my art style. I like this one more tan the other heh
I am floating away, lost in a silent ballet.
     - Adam Young

:spain: :uk:
:chap7::chap8:
prev. RealRedCloudYT

{0,0}
 |)--)  
_"_"_

Curry

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • [musically] IB IS KILLIN ME
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them/theirs
« Reply #1708 on: May 30, 2015, 11:10:32 AM »
Thanks to everybody who complimented the dream outfit! I'm glad the design is actually cool B) I've gone through some pretty poor character design stages, ahaha

Hhwell, the title for most stylish, most swaggalicious mage outfit clearly goes to Karri the cosmic swagmage. I just hope your dreamscape is warmer than what we've seen so far. PS: the art is amazing as always.
Thank you! and yes, the warmth could be a problem, but...

"I have all the warmth of the cosmos to keep me toasty."
"Karri, the cosmos are really cold."
"....I have all the warmth of the cosmos-"
YEET

daItrick

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Making terrible puns since 2004
  • Preferred pronouns: They/he
« Reply #1709 on: May 30, 2015, 11:14:41 AM »
Thank you! and yes, the warmth could be a problem, but...

"I have all the warmth of the cosmos to keep me toasty."
"Karri, the cosmos are really cold."
"....I have all the warmth of the cosmos-"

That's so cool Curry! :0
And of course, you have all the warmth of the coldest place in the universe (?)
I am floating away, lost in a silent ballet.
     - Adam Young

:spain: :uk:
:chap7::chap8:
prev. RealRedCloudYT

{0,0}
 |)--)  
_"_"_