Author Topic: NaNoWriMo  (Read 141098 times)

StellersJayC

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • Happy!
Re: NaNoWriMo
« Reply #165 on: November 02, 2014, 08:06:45 PM »
Somehow my story about strange machines is turning into a debate about flying rats.

ThisCat

• Ranger
  • Meow. Mew-eoow meaow, miaow. Mow.
« Reply #166 on: November 02, 2014, 08:39:26 PM »
Somehow my story about strange machines is turning into a debate about flying rats.
Know that feeling.
:norway:
 Mostly quiet.
:uk:

mithrysc

• Ranger
  • indefinite hiatus
« Reply #167 on: November 02, 2014, 09:28:24 PM »

Somehow my story about a strange girl is turning into a battle of a sentient city and a council of birds vying for control over a hapless human population. I guess that comes with (in my case) not actually plotting a lot.

It took me 3154 words to give the name of my second MC, but I did. Rejoice.

Woot!

*looks at own word count*

...I'm going to need to catch up with my word count tomorrow. :( Two days, and I'm already behind...

Fenris

« Reply #168 on: November 02, 2014, 09:34:17 PM »
*looks at own word count*

...I'm going to need to catch up with my word count tomorrow. :( Two days, and I'm already behind...
Don't feel bad, I'm still at zero. Will probably not get around to start until Tuesday.

Silenter

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • So sorry.
« Reply #169 on: November 02, 2014, 09:39:28 PM »
It's been forever and a year since I last did first person, and I'm finding really challenging. Not to mention I have four main characters. For now I think I will do third, but follow a different character for each section. (Like, you'll know how they feel and how they think the others feel but won't actually be inside they're head.)
I only have one main character, so I felt comfortable with working with first person view. I just feel like I'm messing it up every time somehow. xD
Half-crumbled I guess: :southkorea:
Main language: :usa:
:chap2: :chap3: :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8:

StellersJayC

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • Happy!
« Reply #170 on: November 02, 2014, 11:18:40 PM »
Okay, I've got it. Instead of worrying about writing 1667 words, it feels much more manageable to write 5ish pages since I write on average about 380 words per page. Yay!

woolly socks

« Reply #171 on: November 03, 2014, 05:51:03 AM »
Well, I'm trying to participate, sort of, but instead of working on a new story I'll try to get my fanfic (the first I've ever tried) going, I hope to get 50 000 new, edited words uploaded by the end of the month. Ayyyyyyyy

At least, learning to work with a writing schedule should be beneficial for me :P

Nimphy

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • The Almighty Phoenix, future Ruler of the World
« Reply #172 on: November 03, 2014, 07:17:05 AM »
Okay, I've got it. Instead of worrying about writing 1667 words, it feels much more manageable to write 5ish pages since I write on average about 380 words per page. Yay!

Heh, to me it's much more manageable to say "Write 100 words. Just 100. You only have to do it 17 times. Easy! You're only one day behind, a day is easy to make up for!"
Fluent: :italy:, :albania:, :usa:

Okay: :spain:

Learning: :germany: :norway: :japan:

Bloody messed-up spoils of a language: :france:

Survivor: :chap0: :chap1: :chap2: :chap3: :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8:

ThisCat

• Ranger
« Reply #173 on: November 03, 2014, 09:13:22 AM »
Heh, to me it's much more manageable to say "Write 100 words. Just 100. You only have to do it 17 times. Easy! You're only one day behind, a day is easy to make up for!"

I usually just say "write this scene, then see how many words you have. Not enough? Write another scene."
 Mostly quiet.

StellersJayC

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • Happy!
« Reply #174 on: November 03, 2014, 09:40:08 AM »
I usually just say "write this scene, then see how many words you have. Not enough? Write another scene."

It's just that my scenes are so long. I'll spend an hour writing banter or describing the unusual state of a newspaper when I should be reading my history textbook.

ThisCat

• Ranger
« Reply #175 on: November 03, 2014, 09:46:37 AM »
It's just that my scenes are so long. I'll spend an hour writing banter or describing the unusual state of a newspaper when I should be reading my history textbook.

Ah, yeah, schoolwork. That's kinda important, isn't it?
 Mostly quiet.

kjeks

• Retired Moderator
« Reply #176 on: November 03, 2014, 10:41:10 AM »

Uhm, yes it is :P
Though I havee to admit that preparing my lessons is reduced a little since I started reading and writing around here ;). But the quality level is still high so I don't feel bad about demanding of my pupils to do their homework properly ;).
:germany: :uk: :norway:
:sweden: :france: :ireland: :turkey: :kurdish: :sign: =>Learning:
:vaticancity: =>Leftovers

Forum Rules
Helpful Information

Sparky Dragon

• Scout
  • [Insert witty/amusing phrase here.]
« Reply #177 on: November 03, 2014, 03:59:04 PM »

It is? Huh, funny you should mention it... *Keeps NaNoing*

Chapter Breaks Survived: :chap2: :chap3: :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

Runner-Up in the International Mirror-Throwing Games, Year 89

Nimphy

• The Almighty Phoenix, future Ruler of the World
« Reply #178 on: November 03, 2014, 04:10:25 PM »
Sooo... Today I was super-stressed for a test tomorrow and wrote basically nothing. Then, when it was already late, I realized there was no test tomorrow and I could have spent so many hours NaNoing. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr...
Fluent: :italy:, :albania:, :usa:

Okay: :spain:

Learning: :germany: :norway: :japan:

Bloody messed-up spoils of a language: :france:

Survivor: :chap0: :chap1: :chap2: :chap3: :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8:

ThisCat

• Ranger
« Reply #179 on: November 03, 2014, 04:14:41 PM »
Sooo... Today I was super-stressed for a test tomorrow and wrote basically nothing. Then, when it was already late, I realized there was no test tomorrow and I could have spent so many hours NaNoing. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr...

Today, I was super-weird because I didn't sleep at all tonight. For some reason this doesn't seem to have affected my writing skills all that much...
 Mostly quiet.