Author Topic: NaNoWriMo  (Read 141170 times)

Jethan

• Ranger
  • Lurker and Forum Gamer
Re: NaNoWriMo
« Reply #1095 on: March 12, 2017, 08:08:42 PM »
I've been writing a bazillion words for a silly story this month, in preparation of camp.  I AM SO EXCITED!!!!  I'm writing again and drawing a bit!

Windy: Camp NaNo allows you to set goals in words, pages, or hours now.
An innate goofball who wanted to be elegant and composed.  That ain't happening.

Windfighter

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Theologian of the Minnion Church
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #1096 on: March 15, 2017, 12:17:29 PM »
ooooh, cool! But how does that work with validation? aaaaa, I need to figure out a goal then! *rolls around*
Fluent: :sweden:
Decent: :uk:
Phrases: :spain: / :japan:
:book1+:

My stories frequently features themes such as death, suicide, mourning, etc; I cannot give precise warnings for each individual stories, as it would spoil the intrigues.

Jethan

• Ranger
  • Lurker and Forum Gamer
« Reply #1097 on: March 15, 2017, 04:42:58 PM »
I don't know how validation works, just that it allows for more options.  It also includes lines.

And!  And!  I got outsmarted by one of my characters last night!  It was epic!  Princess Diandra stole the whole show and will get a nice murder mystery written this April!  I'm so excited for it, but I also want to work on a casual comic before nano, so my mind is split in two threads, ack!

I've never written a proper mystery before, but Diandra has proven herself to have the personality of a classic detective.  She's a sneaky secret keeper!
An innate goofball who wanted to be elegant and composed.  That ain't happening.

Windfighter

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #1098 on: March 15, 2017, 05:00:48 PM »
aaaah, it's always exciting when characters are too smart for you! Also very frustrating *glares at her characters* But good luck with her, sounds like it'll be fun :D

Me, I'll just be writing lots of SSSS fanfics I guess... I'll see what happens when april rolls around :P

About validation I guess we'll figure that out as well \o/

My stories frequently features themes such as death, suicide, mourning, etc; I cannot give precise warnings for each individual stories, as it would spoil the intrigues.

Jethan

• Ranger
  • Lurker and Forum Gamer
« Reply #1099 on: March 16, 2017, 02:29:18 AM »
I'm just horrendously terrified that she suddenly won't be able to outsmart me, then I'll be stuck trying to solve a murder mystery that I have no idea what to do about.  Because I have no idea who dies or why or what!!!  AAAAAAA!

Windfighter

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #1100 on: March 16, 2017, 03:53:17 AM »
aww *patpats* Don't worry, you can do it!

I also have a crime-novel (it's not really a murder mystery I think) and so far I have no idea who killed the victim and why, but I'll solve it somehow! I always operate under the idea that "everything will solve itself" when I'm writing, mostly it does! :D

Clayres

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • Been back for a while now, I should change this :P
« Reply #1101 on: March 18, 2017, 09:25:40 AM »
Hullo, so Windy and I were wondering if there was an SSSS cabin for Camp NaNo yet, and if not if one of us should set one up.
Any suggestions? Helpful input? etc.?
(I'm pretty new to the Camp stuff as well... ^^')
kind of getting along: :germany: :uk:

rusty: :spain:

very rusty: :vaticancity:

still trying (appearantly failing) to learn: :japan:

Jethan

• Ranger
  • Lurker and Forum Gamer
« Reply #1102 on: March 18, 2017, 03:51:40 PM »
Ugh...Now I can't seem to sit still and plan my story, I think there's a bit too much real life distraction right now. :/
But there's still two weeks about till, NaNo, I should manage something! I hope.

Clayres

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • Been back for a while now, I should change this :P
« Reply #1103 on: March 28, 2017, 04:07:31 PM »
Okay, so I created a Minnion cabin for Camp NaNoWriMo! If anyone wants to join, shoot me a PM with your Camper name and I'll invite you!
(Oh and also setting the cabin options to "I don't want to be sorted into a cabin" ensures successful invitations. Also not having checked the "no invitations" option. That too. :P)
« Last Edit: March 28, 2017, 04:11:19 PM by Clayres »
kind of getting along: :germany: :uk:

rusty: :spain:

very rusty: :vaticancity:

still trying (appearantly failing) to learn: :japan:

Windfighter

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #1104 on: March 30, 2017, 07:31:55 AM »
Only 1½ day left (for those in/close to my time zone)! Is it okay to start panicking? I'M GONNA START PANICKING!

*runs around in square circles screaming*

...Okay, done panicking, this'll be fun! \o/ Are y'all ready!?

Jethan

• Ranger
  • Lurker and Forum Gamer
« Reply #1105 on: March 31, 2017, 03:30:42 AM »
I am not ready, but I will likely panic later, in the morning when I am refreshed and fully charged and ready to freak out.

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
« Reply #1106 on: October 31, 2017, 06:56:13 PM »
It begins in 3 minutes in France and I'm not readyyyyyyy...
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Keeper

• Ranger
  • Child of the Sun
« Reply #1107 on: October 31, 2017, 07:29:39 PM »
I've got a few more hours to go but I'm not gonna be ready anyway  :'D

Good luck everybody!
:chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :book3: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :book4:

:A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04:

Mark my words, it's not quite what you thought.

Jethan

• Ranger
  • Lurker and Forum Gamer
« Reply #1108 on: October 31, 2017, 07:30:45 PM »
It begins in 3 minutes in France and I'm not readyyyyyyy...

Good luck!

I still have several hours before midnight hits and eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek!

I feel like my beginning is weakly structured and vague.  But the rest of it should be meatier.
What do I do with myself until it happens???!!! (= Has things to do but wants to procrastinate instead.)

Vafhudr

• Ranger
« Reply #1109 on: November 01, 2017, 11:28:37 AM »
November always sucks for students, but I think I will try to get in there this year.
Language: :france::uk:
Some notions: :vaticancity: :greece:
A nostalgia for utopia...