Author Topic: Self-Inserts and OCs  (Read 842396 times)

wildfire

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • Cleanser of worlds
Re: Self-Inserts
« Reply #690 on: April 19, 2015, 02:43:22 AM »
OK so I spent the last waking hours of my life looking through this entire thread and when I first started off I thought: "Looks fun, but I won't join. I'll stick to lurking"

But now

Oh man you guys have done it!

My fingers are itching, I tell you - ITCHING! However I can't draw for the life of me, and right now I have Unneglectable  Responsibilities (workkk) so I won't post anything right now.

Also I'm debating wether I should make my self-insert Norwegian or Icelandic. Because my name works in Icelandic and are SO MUCH COOLER than in Norwegian. However I'M NOT SURE IF I SHOULD LIE A LOT OR JUST A LITTLE!

Also, can I be mechanic with uncontrollable mood swings and silver colored hair who hums and whistles unrecognizable songs while happy and mumbles non-understandable words when grumpy? (Lol that was about 3/4 of my character idea. I made her only to describe her with those exach words..)
« Last Edit: April 19, 2015, 02:52:05 AM by wildfire »
• :norway: :usa: :uk: :denmark: :sweden: :germany: •

And in the light of the sun we go, through rain and raging snow, to find the things we do not know

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #691 on: April 19, 2015, 02:53:53 AM »
OK so I spent the last waking hours of my life looking through this entire thread and when I first started off I thought: "Looks fun, but I won't join. I'll stick to lurking"

But now

My fingers are itching, I tell you - ITCHING! However I can't draw for the life of me, and right now I have Unneglectable  Responsibilities (workkk) so I won't post anything right now.

Also I'm debating whether I should make my self-insert Norwegian or Icelandic. Because my name works in Icelandic and are SO MUCH COOLER than in Norwegian. However I'M NOT SURE IF I SHOULD LIE A LOT OR JUST A LITTLE!

Also, can I be mechanic with uncontrollably mood swings and silver colored hair who hums and whistles unrecognizable songs while happy and mumbles non-understandable words when grumpy? (Lol that was about 3/4 of my character idea. I made her only to describe her with those exact words..)

Pfff, I can't draw either.  I just came up with a persona and kind souls pictured me (making me much cuter than IRL).  So don't let a lack of art ability stop you.

A mechanic sounds like a useful person to have around, and Icelanders seem to be dominant by numbers in the Known World.  I think it would be very entertaining to have bits of that fine old traditional ballad Waterloo lilting out from under the truck as you're inspecting the drive train.   ;)
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

AquaAurion

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #692 on: April 19, 2015, 02:56:35 AM »
@Aquaaquarion: If I ever finish the dossier page (color it to my liking) I'll crop out the page from the background and offer that up as an update to replace the text bit on my page in the infodump since I've changed Strelokov's profile a bit since I initially posted it.

General comment goes here: Any news or word on the forum rpg?
I'm not sure why you're telling me this, but it sounds like a nice idea =)

I'm also curious about the rp! =D

I really like the interaction between Almond-Goddess and her falcon! =3
That omg-grade cat makes me wonder why anyone thought it would be a good idea to train it! I bet it brawls with trolls and vättar as a pastime  ;)
The stylzation of the spells and the background in Haiz's picture is really neat :D

Hey guess what I'm doing the thing:

(I'm going in alphabetical order)
Everyone looks so charming and individual in your style ;D I like it when you can see who drew it, but all characters still feel like different people!
Since I'm drawing everyone who has drawn me I'm wondering whether your hair is straight or wavy? :)

But now

Also I'm debating wether I should make my self-insert Norwegian or Icelandic. Because my name works in Icelandic and are SO MUCH COOLER than in Norwegian. However I'M NOT SURE IF I SHOULD LIE A LOT OR JUST A LITTLE!

Also, can I be mechanic with uncontrollable mood swings and silver colored hair who hums and whistles unrecognizable songs while happy and mumbles non-understandable words when grumpy? (Lol that was about 3/4 of my character idea. I made her only to describe her with those exach words..)

Oh~ another member! :D Drawing skill does not matter and if you don't feel like drawing you can describe yourself instead! A grumpy mechanic sounds like just the kind of member we need ;)

Eagerly waiting since November 2014:  :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02:
(✿σ‿σ) ~<3

wildfire

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • Cleanser of worlds
« Reply #693 on: April 19, 2015, 03:03:55 AM »
Pfff, I can't draw either.  I just came up with a persona and kind souls pictured me (making me much cuter than IRL).  So don't let a lack of art ability stop you.

A mechanic sounds like a useful person to have around, and Icelanders seem to be dominant by numbers in the Known World.  I think it would be very entertaining to have bits of that fine old traditional ballad Waterloo lilting out from under the truck as you're inspecting the drive train.   ;)

(...)
Oh~ another member! :D Drawing skill does not matter and if you don't feel like drawing you can describe yourself instead! A grumpy mechanic sounds like just the kind of member we need ;)

Yeah, I gathered you might need one whole mechanic since you, as far as I've seen, only have a bunch of halves (that sounds terrible) - I also noticed all the cleansers seem to be a little too excited about explosives/other stuff and the thought was to make a girlman (girl/woman, though I see the combination doesn't work like I wanted it to) who just mumbles and hisses at everyone when they break her beloved machines and when she's finished she'll always go: "THIS KS THE LAST TIME I'M CLEANING UP YOUR MESS!" but everyone knows that's a lie she loves working on those machines she's just keeping up appearances

Also Sunflower - now her main theme will be Waterloo. That will be her favourite unrecognizable song to hum and whistle AND THERE IS NOTHING ANYONE CAN DO TO STOP IT BWAHAHAHA
« Last Edit: April 19, 2015, 03:06:04 AM by wildfire »
• :norway: :usa: :uk: :denmark: :sweden: :germany: •

And in the light of the sun we go, through rain and raging snow, to find the things we do not know

Almond-Goddess

• Safe-Zone Citizen
« Reply #694 on: April 19, 2015, 03:17:16 AM »

Wow these are great Piney! How is it that you can catch our character's essence, and still have such a cohesive style?? :O I'm kind of glad that I'm on the front end of the alphabet, hehe.
Tiffany Hayashi | dA | Tumblr

Almond-Goddess

• Safe-Zone Citizen
« Reply #695 on: April 19, 2015, 03:26:33 AM »
It's been about two weeks, but I finally got to finishing Noodly Appendage's art trade! Behold, her Icelandic mage Sonja!

I'm still taking a stab at the watercolor style, and I think that this attempt is more successful than the first, yay!

P.S. Okay so far I'm going through the art trades at a rate of one piece per week, which is unacceptable in my books. But hopefully this will change! Tomorrow I will (probably) have the whole day to work on Fimbulvarg's, then maybe Piney's trade. Fingers crossed!

P.P.S. John Candlebury and Mad Robin, since you guys drew my character and went through the efforts to color and ink, do you want to formally make it an art trade? :)
Tiffany Hayashi | dA | Tumblr

AquaAurion

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #696 on: April 19, 2015, 04:58:35 AM »
It's been about two weeks, but I finally got to finishing Noodly Appendage's art trade! Behold, her Icelandic mage Sonja!

I'm still taking a stab at the watercolor style, and I think that this attempt is more successful than the first, yay!
Holy!  :o I think your works are getting more and more incredible! This is so pretty and I love the glowing effect from the spells!

Eagerly waiting since November 2014:  :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02:
(✿σ‿σ) ~<3

daItrick

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Making terrible puns since 2004
  • Preferred pronouns: They/he
« Reply #697 on: April 19, 2015, 05:01:31 AM »

P.S. Okay so far I'm going through the art trades at a rate of one piece per week, which is unacceptable in my books. But hopefully this will change! Tomorrow I will (probably) have the whole day to work on Fimbulvarg's, then maybe Piney's trade. Fingers crossed!

P.P.S. John Candlebury and Mad Robin, since you guys drew my character and went through the efforts to color and ink, do you want to formally make it an art trade? :)

Kyaa! That is just-
I can't describe it ;w;
I love the efects! QwQ!
I am floating away, lost in a silent ballet.
     - Adam Young

:spain: :uk:
:chap7::chap8:
prev. RealRedCloudYT

{0,0}
 |)--)  
_"_"_

KauniitaUnia

• Scout
  • boldly going nowhere
« Reply #698 on: April 19, 2015, 05:15:14 AM »

They look fantastic! Your art style is so unique and it makes the characters really expressive :)

*Incohetent mumbling* Oh my wow this is amazing... I have nothing else to say
Fluent - :uk:
Learning - :sweden: :france:
Would love to learn - :finland:
Survived - :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :hat: :chap9::chap10:

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #699 on: April 19, 2015, 05:27:33 AM »

Oh I like this. I think you captured a lot of individuality and character. Looking forward to L-S

where's Fimbulvarg's chainsaw?  Don't troll punchers always have to have at least one dangerous implement on their person at all times?   ;)

A troll puncher is a dangerous implement (at least that's what they tell the Diciplinary Officer when he points out that they forgot to bring a weapon to patrol duty).

Needless to say, but this is just outstandlingly amazing! The effects are just perfectly balanced against the centerpiece and the background.

I'm actually impressed with how quick you work.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2015, 09:12:55 AM by Fimbulvarg »

Haiz

• Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #700 on: April 19, 2015, 05:34:37 AM »
And Haiz - brilliant mage doing hmmmm... mysterious magic things. Finnish and norwegian icelandic both at once.

oh man oh man oh mAN I LOVE IT? THIS IS SO GREAT
AND THERE'S, LIKE, BACKGROUND??
WOW wow wowow wowow fdjsdfjhdsfklsdsdn

SCREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
im so happy

Almond-Goddess: holy wow, that composition
you'll know where to find me.

DancingRanger

• Ranger
  • The forests surround me, and I am free.
  • Preferred pronouns: They/them or He/him
« Reply #701 on: April 19, 2015, 07:04:00 AM »

Oh wow. This is awesome Piney! I'm adding you to the list of people I need to draw.
Profile pic made by this awsome lady www.porcelainbazooka.tumblr.com
Native :usa:
Little knowledge :germany: , :mexico: , :japan:
Want to learn :finland: , :wales: , and more

Chapter joined :chap5:
Survived :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

mad robin

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
« Reply #702 on: April 19, 2015, 08:19:16 AM »
Almond-Goddess I can just say echoing everyone else that your OC is so catchy and cute (as your style too).
(Woah!  I would be very happy to turn it into an art trade, if it's possible. I'm ready to wait as long as necessary :D )

Piney I'm always so happy to see your art! I'd like to try to draw your OC if you don't mind?

Haiz. Backgrounds are such a pain for me, but I felt like it's necessary here. Hope it wasn't a mistake :)

kahli

• Scout
« Reply #703 on: April 19, 2015, 09:07:47 AM »

Pineeyyyy!!! These are so cute! I love the little me! Thank you!  ;D I've been meaning to draw some of you guys for a while now but I'm afraid I'll mess it up. When I get the courage to try though, you will definitely be one of the people I draw.  :D

Holy cow that is gorgeous!
Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious
Chapter break survivor: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21:

Curry

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • [musically] IB IS KILLIN ME
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them/theirs
« Reply #704 on: April 19, 2015, 10:13:42 AM »
Piney, we all look great!! Your style is so adorable and we all have such distinct personalities :D I love it!

almond-goddess your art is awe-inspiring :0 I love the glows and also the hair and everything about this picture, oh my gosh

I'm pretty sure I'm missing a couple people here but wow so cool I love everything on this thread? Everybody's so creative! Most best fandom!
YEET