Author Topic: The Forum's Art Museum  (Read 404664 times)

Daéa Reina

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
  • well, I'm trying
Re: The Forum's Art Museum
« Reply #540 on: July 10, 2015, 03:08:27 PM »
Dunno if this is the right place to put this, but I found an old drawing from (probably) fifth grade and I just had to share here because look at this cat:

If Trond was a cat, he would look like this.
native :brazil:  |  decent :usa: :spain:  |  wants to learn :germany: :finland: :france:

I'm a survivor: :artd: :book1+: (-1) :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

"There's no better place on earth than the road that leads to Heaven."

Curry

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • [musically] IB IS KILLIN ME
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them/theirs
« Reply #541 on: July 10, 2015, 03:17:13 PM »
Dunno if this is the right place to put this, but I found an old drawing from (probably) fifth grade and I just had to share here because look at this cat:

get a load of that cat (get a load of it!)
YEET

daItrick

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Making terrible puns since 2004
  • Preferred pronouns: They/he
« Reply #542 on: July 10, 2015, 03:42:32 PM »

Fifth grade? My right now from the other year grade? You drew cats way better than me!
I am floating away, lost in a silent ballet.
     - Adam Young

:spain: :uk:
:chap7::chap8:
prev. RealRedCloudYT

{0,0}
 |)--)  
_"_"_

Adrai Thell

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Might be productive. Someday.
« Reply #543 on: July 10, 2015, 03:54:03 PM »

Still a better cat than I can draw.

But, m'kay, that expression is the best.
Fluent: :usa:
Childlike: :france:
Stolen Souls: 6.5
Survivor: :artd: :book1+: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

Speak softly, and carry a big heart.

Piney

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #544 on: July 10, 2015, 04:00:39 PM »

YES

get a load of that cat (get a load of it!)

Woooo! Woohoo!

Fifth grade? My right now from the other year grade? You drew cats way better than me!
Still a better cat than I can draw.

But, m'kay, that expression is the best.

Haha, well if it means anything, it's probably been several years since I've drawn a realistic cat so I might not have gotten much better ::)

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

Noodles

• Tumblr
  • *flops*
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them
« Reply #545 on: July 10, 2015, 09:19:28 PM »
XD yep.
Except with a little bald patch between the ears. ;)
I'll do art-swaps and beta-reads, PM me!
Native: :usa:
Can make a fool of myself, but comprehensibly: :france:
Write a little Sindarin (working on that)
Wish-list: ASL, :sweden:, :norway:
Chapter break survivor: :book2::book3::book4::A2chap01::A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:

meshebe

• Ranger
  • altruistic idiot
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him
« Reply #546 on: July 11, 2015, 02:28:05 AM »
Here's a picture of early Cleansers in action, though it's not fanart -- it was painted in 1893 by Finnish artist Eero Järnefelt (a good friend of composer Jean Sibelius and painter Akseli Gallen-Kallela, who made creepily intense illustrations of Kalevala scenes).

This painting has two titles:  "Burning the Brushwood" (before planting) or "Under the Yoke."  I'm told the little girl staring at us has a belly bloated with starvation. 

I'm a little late to the party but...

Wow, that is an intense painting.  The colors are beautiful, the scene is quite the contrast, and the expression is certainly haunting.  Thanks for sharing....I had never seen it before.
:artd: :book1+: :book2: :book3: :book4: :A2chap01:

Avatar made by the most awesome Tap.

Sumeri

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Hämäläisjuntti
« Reply #547 on: July 11, 2015, 08:04:59 PM »
Waaaahhh I haven't drawn any fanart lately, not sure if I should feel guilty about that but meh, my muse has been dragging me in a completely different direction than SSSS and I suppose I have no choice but to follow it :D But here's something else I've been doing:

a lil thing, again for my sister, later on i'm gonna put the Philosopher(his name is Piisamirotta in Finnish but what in the name of the hell is he in English?) from Moomins somewhere in this, maybe chilling under the bridge
also, gghhh I'm a complete novice at doing any kind of scenery whatsoever and I think it shows, but learning new stuff is fun :D

sketches of pokemon gijinkas(I'm intending to ink and colour them later), from left to right: goldeen, moltres, zapdos and articuno (goddamn you Haiz this is completely your fault, I saw your gijinkas and thought they were awesome and I immediately had to draw some myself)

my precious son Cloud Strife -sketch

aaand this thing
honestly, the whole thing was just an excuse for me to draw pretty red eyes, which is why the background only consists of a purple ball, I literally have no idea what to do with the background in these kinda headshots
Lankeaa
metsän henget
polvilleen

native: :fi:
fluent: :gb:
somewhat struggling with: :se:
learned but mostly forgotten: :fr:

:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14:

Haiz

• Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #548 on: July 12, 2015, 06:09:41 PM »

sketches of pokemon gijinkas(I'm intending to ink and colour them later), from left to right: goldeen, moltres, zapdos and articuno (goddamn you Haiz this is completely your fault, I saw your gijinkas and thought they were awesome and I immediately had to draw some myself)
EEEE HEEE HEEE MORE GIJINKAS i love. pokemon gijinkas. so much. also thank you. also all your art is awesome as usual and don't feel bad about not fanarting!! following muse is very important

Lovely color scheme and the brush texture (?) looks nice, too. :) You're so diverse with your art, you can paint anything can't you!
thank you!! there... isn't really much of a brush texure since there are Very Few brush options in firealpaca. and um yeah sure I can paint anything if I have enough references, but if I have to draw vehicles or backgrounds I'm more likely to just hide under the table instead of commiting. eh heh
you'll know where to find me.

Haiz

• Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #549 on: July 15, 2015, 07:04:22 PM »
talents include: doubleposting art threads and creating gemsonas that don't really look like gemsonas

it's Vltavín (Moldavite) because I've been very excited about that particular gem today.

Sadly I'm not good at making creative gemsonas, so while I had a very different initial plan (a wayy bulkier body type for one), it ended up looking like a green cross of my OC Kireya and Huntress Wizard from adventure time. OH WELL
you'll know where to find me.

Silent Fox

• Scout
  • Speaks little, writes a lot
« Reply #550 on: July 15, 2015, 08:55:36 PM »

it's Vltavín (Moldavite) because I've been very excited about that particular gem today.

Looks really cool! I love the fancy bow. :)
Native: :germany:
Getting fluent after 10 years: :usa:

:chap7: :chap8:

AquaAurion

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #551 on: July 16, 2015, 11:41:19 AM »
GUESS WHOS HERE ITS KARMA

just a couple of...g.uys bein dudes.....................
They're so pretty ;w; and such fluffy wings *touches screen*

talents include: doubleposting art threads and creating gemsonas that don't really look like gemsonas

Sadly I'm not good at making creative gemsonas, so while I had a very different initial plan (a wayy bulkier body type for one), it ended up looking like a green cross of my OC Kireya and Huntress Wizard from adventure time. OH WELL
I have no idea what a gemsona is but that bow is really cool :o

I also have some guys being dudes:

Eagerly waiting since November 2014:  :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02:
(✿σ‿σ) ~<3

Alethryia

• Safe-Zone Citizen
« Reply #552 on: July 16, 2015, 06:43:42 PM »
So I was writing up a post in the Art Supply Discussion Thread that had me looking through some old sketchbooks, so I thought I'd share some samples here! <3

In the following Bee Paper Company heavyweight recycled paper (70lb) 9x12 inch spiral bound book of 50 pages:

It works well with the collages I did in this honors art history class I took in 2010/2011.
Spoiler: show

<-This ones actually just from a couple weeks ago! ;P

In the following Strathmore recycled paper (60lb) 9x12 inch spiral bound book of 70 pages:

It does work well for pencil and colored pencil work though, as you can see with the super heroine and neolithic campaign characters (fun fact, Abena was Trinka's shaman character) I did in the back of this sketchbook I bought for an Art for Educators class I took in 2012/2013.

Spoiler: show

Those are really the only two art classes I took in college :( and ironically most of what I've posted here wasn't for either class (only the poem-which was actually a remake of an assignment I did for world history in high school-, contours, and owl were).
« Last Edit: July 16, 2015, 10:27:55 PM by Alethryia »
Born into :canada:
Raised with :usa:
Struggled and lost with :spain:

I survived! :chap8:

mithrysc

• Ranger
  • indefinite hiatus
« Reply #553 on: July 16, 2015, 10:22:38 PM »
I did something with one of my Inktober pieces:

(well, actually two *points to avatar*)

Curry

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • [musically] IB IS KILLIN ME
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them/theirs
« Reply #554 on: July 16, 2015, 10:28:02 PM »
I did something with one of my Inktober pieces:

(well, actually two *points to avatar*)

Eeee, I noticed the change, and thought I was going crazy for not noticing it before :0 I love it! :D The motion meshes really well with your art style!
YEET