Author Topic: The Forum's Art Museum  (Read 404823 times)

Kizzy

• Not online everyday :c
Re: The Forum's Art Museum
« Reply #435 on: June 22, 2015, 04:35:14 PM »
I started doing backgrounds again and playing around with brushes. Gokudera from KHR (can we post other fandoms here?):

I say why not? I wouldn't want to miss seeing good art! I've been to comment on your art, but the thread was moving way too fast haha.
First things first, I'm happy to see someone familiar with KHR. Hardly a favorite, but I liked the concept a lot.
For someone who hasn't really done BG for a long it looks quite good! I really liked what you did with the flames! All of those details makes the fire look epic *v* If there's one thing I think you could improve on it's the lighting; Gokudera seems very close to the flames, so I believe that orange lighting on him should be stronger.
Overall, I really like it  :D

Here's last month and today's junk:

Some environment and profile practice!

Headshots, because I love headshots of my babies.

Spoiler: show
Characters from left to right- first row: Kwen, Kimval, Dorina
Second row: Aisleen, Nait, Hurao
Third row: Lamiya, A'almas
Weird name spelling (and pronunciation) because of my conlang.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2015, 04:36:55 PM by Kizzy »
Fluent: :usa:
Decent:
Should know but doesn't: , Visaya
Wants to know: :finland: :iceland:, Persian, Navajo
Forgot: :spain: :france:

Chapter Survive
:chap7:

Instagram (=ↀωↀ=) Tumblr

AquaAurion

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #436 on: June 24, 2015, 03:06:31 AM »
my spam......I basically had a really old comic I started in 2008, I totally changed a lot about it many new characters were added in 2011. I actually started writing the main story twice, of course it was a huge failure in art.

I was huge japanese fan, so all the characters were japanese in 2008, when I started, and later I gout totally out of this and become so nordic fan, the new characters basically finnish, swedish, norwegian, but also some other characters are from other countries appears here. I need to change so the school became a japanese international school with many exchange students and so on.
I don't think I could even start a full story comic with it, and sometimes I loose interest on that, but I enjoy doing many random one-page comics with them like this:

(brownhaired is Jacques Wilson Francois, the finnish one is Mikaela Suomalainen, the other blonde is Kristian Thomassen)

and I never could continue the started comics because of the huge improvements and/or style changes after a long break

(Mikaela and Jousho)

or probably the best improvement differences would be this (2008-2011-2015):

they are/were the two main characters of the story. I barely draw them anymore if I do any one-page comic

I actually have a website where I posted all the finished pages, and have a tumblr page
have all the characters in spoiler:

I am sorry for spam and selfpromotion here.... I can delete if you want.
This looks really interesting :D I love the diversity you have with the characters!

Feartheviolas, those sketches are really good! That wall-e is so cute~

here a lil something I made for my sister, who wanted me to draw something to her but gave me free reigns as to what...so I came up with this cave-thing :D

Oh and, that lil creature looking up towards the light is Sniff :D my sister's idea

The lightning is beautiful! :D

I say why not? I wouldn't want to miss seeing good art! I've been to comment on your art, but the thread was moving way too fast haha.
First things first, I'm happy to see someone familiar with KHR. Hardly a favorite, but I liked the concept a lot.
For someone who hasn't really done BG for a long it looks quite good! I really liked what you did with the flames! All of those details makes the fire look epic *v* If there's one thing I think you could improve on it's the lighting; Gokudera seems very close to the flames, so I believe that orange lighting on him should be stronger.
Overall, I really like it  :D

Here's last month and today's junk:

Some environment and profile practice!

Headshots, because I love headshots of my babies.

Characters from left to right- first row: Kwen, Kimval, Dorina
Second row: Aisleen, Nait, Hurao
Third row: Lamiya, A'almas
Weird name spelling (and pronunciation) because of my conlang.

Thank you so much for the feedback! :D
KHR (manga version) is one of my favorites, despite the weaker moments it had :) I've been neglecting it since it ended though. I was so angry about the ending back then, but now that I re-read it I thought it was a lot better.
For the flames I actually went through all of the brushes that comes with ps elements 8 trying to find a nice one ^w^ I can totally see what you mean with the lightning. I had intended for the explosion to be a little further back, but I failed with that :P I actually thought of adding more shades to his face as well since it ended up being closer.

I like how you have worked with the colors in the three profile pictures! I'm rather bad at colors and ligthning in that way, but I didn't even reflect on the character having different skin tones at first (it reminds me of how Minna changes the chapter colors in such a natural way).
I like the headshots of your characters, they seem very full of life :) Are they from a story of yours?

Eagerly waiting since November 2014:  :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02:
(✿σ‿σ) ~<3

Kizzy

• Not online everyday :c
« Reply #437 on: June 24, 2015, 10:07:04 AM »
Thank you so much for the feedback! :D
KHR (manga version) is one of my favorites, despite the weaker moments it had :) I've been neglecting it since it ended though. I was so angry about the ending back then, but now that I re-read it I thought it was a lot better.
For the flames I actually went through all of the brushes that comes with ps elements 8 trying to find a nice one ^w^ I can totally see what you mean with the lightning. I had intended for the explosion to be a little further back, but I failed with that :P I actually thought of adding more shades to his face as well since it ended up being closer.

Was the ending really bad? I've fall out of the fandom long before the Tenma arc (did I get it right?) ended so I have no clue. Now you've made me curious *adds to her long list of things to read*

I like how you have worked with the colors in the three profile pictures! I'm rather bad at colors and ligthning in that way, but I didn't even reflect on the character having different skin tones at first (it reminds me of how Minna changes the chapter colors in such a natural way).
I like the headshots of your characters, they seem very full of life :) Are they from a story of yours?

Aaah thank you! :D I've been not so pleased with my characters not looking part of the environment/their surroundings for the longest time.
And yes, they're from an 8 years old story xD I just have some tidbits of story scattered all over the internet.
Fluent: :usa:
Decent:
Should know but doesn't: , Visaya
Wants to know: :finland: :iceland:, Persian, Navajo
Forgot: :spain: :france:

Chapter Survive
:chap7:

Instagram (=ↀωↀ=) Tumblr

AquaAurion

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #438 on: June 24, 2015, 10:28:59 AM »
Was the ending really bad? I've fall out of the fandom long before the Tenma arc (did I get it right?) ended so I have no clue. Now you've made me curious *adds to her long list of things to read*
At that point I thought so. I had been following it for years and it felt as if the author tried to wrap it up too quickly. Now that I've read it again I think the ending was okay. Tenma arc rings no bells for me xD

Aaah thank you! :D I've been not so pleased with my characters not looking part of the environment/their surroundings for the longest time.
And yes, they're from an 8 years old story xD I just have some tidbits of story scattered all over the internet.
I definitely don't think that's the case here :)
Hah, I have some of those too ^^ I have this one story I want to make a webcomic from, which I've had in my head for four years now xP

Eagerly waiting since November 2014:  :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02:
(✿σ‿σ) ~<3

callipygous

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • im gonna appropriate bro culture and make it gay
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her+they/them
« Reply #439 on: June 24, 2015, 06:03:30 PM »
BEEN A WHILE SINCE IVE BEEN IN HERE lmao heres a thing i drew last night for a friend of mine!

it looks way better against a dark background but it also just looks kind of wonky SO. JUST WHITE.

Silent Fox

• Scout
  • Speaks little, writes a lot
« Reply #440 on: June 24, 2015, 06:55:34 PM »
BEEN A WHILE SINCE IVE BEEN IN HERE lmao heres a thing i drew last night for a friend of mine!

it looks way better against a dark background but it also just looks kind of wonky SO. JUST WHITE.

It's really pretty. I especially like the way you rendered the hair. Your friend must have been ecstatic to receive it. :)
Native: :germany:
Getting fluent after 10 years: :usa:

:chap7: :chap8:

Curry

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • [musically] IB IS KILLIN ME
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them/theirs
« Reply #441 on: June 24, 2015, 07:58:52 PM »

OOOH THIS IS SO PRETTY
I love everything about your art, to be honest, so it's hard to pick out something specific to say because GOLLY GOSH IS THIS LOVELY TO LOOK AT, but I really love the coloring on the cape. So much. Ahhh it's so perfect
YEET

North

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • i am rage incarnate. your world shall burn.
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #442 on: June 25, 2015, 04:56:06 PM »
callipygous your art gives my soul peace

Also, just dropping off some art I made a while ago (didn't want to post everything at once) Some works I'm content with ::) I've been doing digital art for some years now, but lately I've started going back to traditional. I find it much more pleasing to work with for some reason.

Also you can find these in bigger resolution on my dA, http://mawara.deviantart.com/

Fluent: :norway: :uk:
Newbie: :germany: :russia:
Pronouns: she/her

Silent Fox

• Scout
  • Speaks little, writes a lot
« Reply #443 on: June 25, 2015, 06:33:39 PM »
callipygous your art gives my soul peace

Also, just dropping off some art I made a while ago (didn't want to post everything at once) Some works I'm content with ::) I've been doing digital art for some years now, but lately I've started going back to traditional. I find it much more pleasing to work with for some reason.

Also you can find these in bigger resolution on my dA, http://mawara.deviantart.com/

Ugh, your faces are so good! And you do dragons, too! What diversity! :)
Native: :germany:
Getting fluent after 10 years: :usa:

:chap7: :chap8:

RandomTexanReader

• Ranger
  • Forum Prophet (avatar by the incredible mad robin)
« Reply #444 on: June 25, 2015, 08:25:00 PM »
I'm trying to do some more life-drawing (read: creeping on strangers on the bus) and I'm actually happy with how this one turned out.
... Texas ... is a mystique closely approximating a religion. And this is true to the extent that people either passionately love Texas or passionately hate it....
John Steinbeck
:usa:
:vaticancity: Domine, non sum dignus....
:mexico: No habla Espanol
:croatia: Hvala za nishto, dobro za nishto, mali vrag.

North

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #445 on: June 26, 2015, 07:11:21 AM »
Ugh, your faces are so good! And you do dragons, too! What diversity! :)

Thank you!! I've been trying to draw them more realistic and detailed after being stuck in anime-land after a shameful period of my life some years back ::)
I looove dragons. LOVE THEM. Since I was a kid. Trying to draw more monsters, but I mostly end up drawing girls and dragon-like monsters. I also like drawing girls... AS MONSTERS

Ana Nymus

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • DeviantArt
  • Checking in once in a while
« Reply #446 on: June 26, 2015, 09:47:40 AM »
Thank you!! I've been trying to draw them more realistic and detailed after being stuck in anime-land after a shameful period of my life some years back ::)
I looove dragons. LOVE THEM. Since I was a kid. Trying to draw more monsters, but I mostly end up drawing girls and dragon-like monsters. I also like drawing girls... AS MONSTERS

*head pops out of a hole in the ground* Dragons? Did someone say dragons? I've spent a large part of my life obsessed with fiery flying lizards. I love yours!! They're a different style than I'm used to, but so good and with so much personality.

Well, I've certainly drawn enough dragons to add one of mine to the thread. I wish I still had the digital version of this, but sadly all that's left is one print that I made.

:usa: Yes.
:spain: Out of practice.
:finland: Failed to learn.
:vaticancity: Probably remember five words.
White text: Always ;P
:chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

I also speak SCIENCE!!!

viola

• Hel
  • Conqueror of an Abandoned City
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #447 on: June 26, 2015, 10:02:21 AM »
*head pops out of a hole in the ground* Dragons? Did someone say dragons? I've spent a large part of my life obsessed with fiery flying lizards. I love yours!! They're a different style than I'm used to, but so good and with so much personality.

Well, I've certainly drawn enough dragons to add one of mine to the thread. I wish I still had the digital version of this, but sadly all that's left is one print that I made.

ANA DRAGONS! Yussssssss. Guys I have an Ana dragon on my wall at home and it is AMAZING. I so am glad you are sharing them here because they are beautiful.
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

North

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #448 on: June 26, 2015, 10:46:51 AM »

THAT DRAGON LOOKS REALLY COOL THO
I've always liked dragons, monsters and fantasy-related creatures, but after the Inheritance-series I was obsessed with dragons. I vary between cartoon-like and more realistic dragons, and often make them less "traditional" and just more like... general monsters? Here's one that's less cartoony, anyways. And a more "traditional" dragon.

Noodles

• Tumblr
  • *flops*
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them
« Reply #449 on: June 26, 2015, 01:33:38 PM »
^this
Also, I'm thinking about putting up a thing on the Tutorial thread for humans, is there demand for a dragon, too?
I'll do art-swaps and beta-reads, PM me!
Native: :usa:
Can make a fool of myself, but comprehensibly: :france:
Write a little Sindarin (working on that)
Wish-list: ASL, :sweden:, :norway:
Chapter break survivor: :book2::book3::book4::A2chap01::A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05: