Author Topic: The Forum's Art Museum  (Read 405220 times)

Athena

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • previously Luth Nightbreeze
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
Re: The Forum's Art Museum
« Reply #1605 on: July 08, 2016, 07:59:12 PM »
thanks for all the compliments on my greygale ^____________________^

Tr, that's really cute!! i haven't read that book but i like the fanart :3c

Jhev: that's a delightful mystery is what it is.

Piney: nice nice nice nice nice

ahhh i know im spamming this thread with thrilling intent fanart lately, but i had two free days so i completed my trilogy of the main trio looking badass O:

*gasp* Woah! This is really cool!
tired programmer girl with stories in her head and magic in her heart

currently working on a video game/digital novel called Keeper of the Labyrinth<3

avatar from the now-unavailable webcomic Prague Race

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #1606 on: July 09, 2016, 03:01:33 PM »
I had some difficulty deciding where to post these since none of these aren't even MY art but commissioned from other forumites and now that I've got them all framed I just wanted to show them off a little so... not my art but LOOK, SERIOUSLY, LOOK AT THEM. They're amazing, a hugebig thank yous to Haiz and Sc0ut! <3

My SSSSona painted by Sc0ut, so amazing it had the whole workplace admire it in turns while I was working on it! The sheer amount of details, holy heck, I wholeheartedly recommend Sc0ut for commissions because the end outcome is just so brilliant. Sc0ut managed to create the background so exactly like the surroundings of my summer cottage I get homesick when I look at it. (I look at it a lot.)

Detail of the framing job. The frame is decidedly simple so it won't take attention from the picture itself, and the green passe partout has a marbling effect on it because I felt it gave the picture a nice, forest-y touch.

Moving on to the two Haiz commissions. This one is a valkyrja Sigrun, and I specifically requested a real deal valkyrja in functional armour. Going by sagas valkyrjas are scary as f pretty fierce even when they're NOT in full rage mode (weaving fabric out of people's guts using skulls as loom weights anyone?), but I wanted one in full rage mode. I was not disappointed.

Frame detail. For this one I felt a dark, heavily patterned frame alone worked best.

Then there's Lempo! Again, I gave Haiz some details on the god/dess and they totally blew my mind with this. So accurate, I knew to expect awesomeness but the end result was still even better. I could stare at it forever, it's so amazing and beautiful and and and I'm bad at adjectives when it comes to this one because none are big enough!

The indigo passe partout is even deeper colour in reality and really makes the reds and yellows pop. The frame is more gold than it looks like here, I mostly selected it because the pattern reminded me of small flames all over but also because I felt that the picture could easily pull off even a complicated frame, it's so strong. Besides I had it printed out HUGE because I could. :D

All in all, I'm super happy with my commissions!!!

Sc0ut

* communication: 5/5 excellent, quick, friendly and to the point
* schedule: 5/5, we agreed on a leisurely pace from the get go because painting takes time
* results: 10/5 holy &%##$**& how can a human make this happen with watercolours?!!

Haiz

* communication 5/5 for almost liveblogging me the progress of both pictures :D
* schedule: 5/5 the Haiz is fast, so fast
* results: 10/5, everything I wanted and then some more, executed exactly how I wished them to be
Speak: :finland: :iceland: :uk: :icelandic sheepdog:
Butchering at every try: :sweden:
Learning: :japan:
Wishlist: :norway:

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

John Candlebury

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • DeviantArt
  • No John, you are the demons
« Reply #1607 on: July 10, 2016, 12:25:38 AM »
Drew paladin Áine again, I promise I'll find something else to draw soon:

I ought to practice my hands, in fact, I ought to practice a bunch of stuff.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2016, 12:29:37 AM by John Candlebury »

Haiz

• Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #1608 on: July 10, 2016, 04:54:56 AM »
AAAAAAAAAA gosh this is great
What an epic Markus
*gasp* Woah! This is really cool!
eeeee thanks!!

Laufey: first of all, those frames look amazing and you're using your powers for good. second, THAT IS A LOT OF NICE THINGS YOU'RE SAYING KDSKJDBK
also sudden temptation to commission scout for something

John: how much for her hand in marriage i mean sometimes a character just really wants to be drawn and it's kind of great?? i don't want to disclose how big the percentage of Sparrow is of my current sketchbook...
EDIT: HAHA WOOPS

« Last Edit: July 10, 2016, 05:18:18 AM by Haiz »
you'll know where to find me.

JoB

• Mage of the Great Restructuring
« Reply #1609 on: July 10, 2016, 08:00:18 AM »
(weaving fabric out of people's guts using skulls as loom weights anyone?)
So, fabric made of materials that'll start to rot away pretty much instantly? Someone's desparately avoiding to have to do any laundry, I guess. :P
native: :de: secondary: :us: :fr:
:artd: :book1+: :book2: :book3: :book4: etc.
PGP Key 0xBEF02A15, Fingerprint C12C 53DC BB92 2FE5 9725  C1AE 5E0F F1AF BEF0 2A15

Hrollo

• Ranger
« Reply #1610 on: July 10, 2016, 08:57:15 AM »
So, fabric made of materials that'll start to rot away pretty much instantly? Someone's desparately avoiding to have to do any laundry, I guess. :P

Actually guts were a good early source of fiber to make ropes and stuff.
Fluent: :fr: :gb:
Some knowledge: :it:
Attempting to learn again: :de:
Passive familiarity: :es: :br: :ad: :ro:

JoB

• Mage of the Great Restructuring
« Reply #1611 on: July 10, 2016, 10:31:26 AM »
Actually guts were a good early source of fiber to make ropes and stuff.
They still are, actually, though the only animal fiber I see listed for weaving is silk, but can you imagine someone who's using skulls for weights (instead of picking up rocks or whatever) forgo the extra effect of having the "strings" being recognizable for what they actually are?
native: :de: secondary: :us: :fr:
:artd: :book1+: :book2: :book3: :book4: etc.
PGP Key 0xBEF02A15, Fingerprint C12C 53DC BB92 2FE5 9725  C1AE 5E0F F1AF BEF0 2A15

Róisín

• Traveller on the Bird's Path
  • Elder of the Ruined Realm
« Reply #1612 on: July 10, 2016, 11:04:11 AM »
Animal gut also for everything from sausage casings to harpstrings, condoms to fishhook ties, violin strings to purses....
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

John Candlebury

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • DeviantArt
  • No John, you are the demons
« Reply #1613 on: July 10, 2016, 11:59:48 AM »
eeeee thanks!!

Laufey: first of all, those frames look amazing and you're using your powers for good. second, THAT IS A LOT OF NICE THINGS YOU'RE SAYING KDSKJDBK
also sudden temptation to commission scout for something

John: how much for her hand in marriage i mean sometimes a character just really wants to be drawn and it's kind of great?? i don't want to disclose how big the percentage of Sparrow is of my current sketchbook...
EDIT: HAHA WOOPS

Haiz, these are awesome!

Thank you so much!!

ginger

• Scout
« Reply #1614 on: July 10, 2016, 02:09:55 PM »
I think this is my first time actually posting my art in here so WOOT! \o/

I've just finished watching Steven Universe (or at least, am caught up to the present, since it's an ongoing series) and I've created my first gemsona. She's Snowflake Obsidian, and though I've not yet figured out how I'll be coloring her clothes, I'm posting her here anyway because I'm quite chuffed with how she's turned out:

:usa: :france:
Avatar courtesy of the impeccable mith!

Auxivele

• Scout
  • ????????
  • Preferred pronouns: she/they
« Reply #1615 on: July 10, 2016, 07:17:18 PM »
ahhh i know im spamming this thread with thrilling intent fanart lately, but i had two free days so i completed my trilogy of the main trio looking badass O:

1. This is amazing
2. Your spamming of this thread has gotten me and by extension my brother obsessed with Thrilling Intent XD

John Candlebury, your paladin is amazing and I love her.
ginger, your gemsona looks amazing! ((Though I have to admit I am slightly behind on the show. I'll just go and get caught-up right now, though XD))
~*~ a confused stop sign ~*~

Fluent: :canada: :usa: :australia: :uk:
Uhhhhh...: :japan: | (Used to be) Conversational: :mexico: | Super basic: :china: | hmm: :germany:, :ireland:, :wales: | I know the alphabet?: :russia:, :southkorea:, :greece:

:chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:

ginger

• Scout
« Reply #1616 on: July 11, 2016, 03:43:50 AM »
ginger, your gemsona looks amazing! ((Though I have to admit I am slightly behind on the show. I'll just go and get caught-up right now, though XD))

Awww, thanks ever so much! I really appreciate it! And yesssss do all of the catching up! <3
:usa: :france:
Avatar courtesy of the impeccable mith!

Haiz

• Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #1617 on: July 11, 2016, 12:22:17 PM »

ahhhhhhh she is so beautiful!!!!!!!!

Haiz, these are awesome!

Thank you so much!!
^___________________~

1. This is amazing
2. Your spamming of this thread has gotten me and by extension my brother obsessed with Thrilling Intent XD
1. thank you!!
2. SUCCESS
you'll know where to find me.

Tr

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • Mostly lurking these days
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #1618 on: July 11, 2016, 07:59:25 PM »

I haven't watched Steven Universe but this is super awesome.
1. thank you!!
2. SUCCESS

YAY!!! \o/

Spoiler: bunch of random character sketches • show
Avatar by the amazing and wonderful ginger ^-^ :chap11: :chap12: :chap13:
Fluent :usa:, Learning in school :spain:

Jureeya

• Scout
    • Tumblr
  • cold leaf
« Reply #1619 on: July 11, 2016, 11:09:43 PM »
Hi everyone! Been a while ainnit. Anyway, here's what I've been doing: Gotta little Voltron warmup (I'm still on the first episode tho), Mac from BKV's Paper Girls and then a bunch more OC sketches and a test comic page!

Sketches and warmups:

And then I tried out drawing a comic page for funsies, and it actually went pretty well! So I'm definitely going to make a few more to feel it out and that's something that'll hopefully get more attention from me (+process)

I'll go back to color this one properly and do something more substantial then just copying the sketch for the sky but \o/ who knows when tf that's going to happen lol.
Survived: :chap10:

Fluent: :usa: :spain:
Learned and currently forgetting: :japan: :vaticancity:
Learning: :sweden: :germany:

>Buy Me a Coffee<