Author Topic: The pets thread!  (Read 43489 times)

kjeks

• Retired Moderator
  • Ruler of a Derelict Airport
Re: The pets thread!
« Reply #45 on: November 25, 2014, 12:31:24 PM »
I guess you know what warmer-upper's bound to come in reply ... :D

As a kid I was kind of addicted to that song. Sadly I don't have access to a balcony at the moment ;).

Quote from: noako
Picture of a really nice kitty certainly a hidden class B pet!
Oh this one looks nice. Also I'm fond of the fact that it is a real hunter being allowed outside. He would come usefull around here at the moment, many mice crouding our yard.
:germany: :uk: :norway:
:sweden: :france: :ireland: :turkey: :kurdish: :sign: =>Learning:
:vaticancity: =>Leftovers

Forum Rules
Helpful Information

dwuff

• Creative Practitioner and Eater Of Pastries
« Reply #46 on: November 25, 2014, 01:57:53 PM »

He doesn't really care for pettings, but likes to be in the same room as humans. If he happens to notice anyone from our family wandering to nearby woods, he follows you there and keeps meowing until you turn back <3

Aah so cute! He looks super unimpressed with that top hat though, haha XD
Find me on tumblr.

noako

• Safe-Zone Citizen
« Reply #47 on: November 25, 2014, 03:47:57 PM »
Oh this one looks nice. Also I'm fond of the fact that it is a real hunter being allowed outside. He would come usefull around here at the moment, many mice crouding our yard.

Yeah, my mother lived in the countryside and can't stand the thought of keeping cats inside. Even though keeping cats free and without a collar is illegal in Finland, many people still do it. (Though mostly in areas that are safe, no big roads or anything)

Aah so cute! He looks super unimpressed with that top hat though, haha XD

Haha, yeah, he doesn't really care for... accessories. But that doesn't stop me from putting every object I can find on him!

Here he is guarding a treasure chest that came with Link between worlds.
Here's the same box on top of my roommates dog who lived a couple months with us. (Tiny pic on purpose, it's not my pet so I don't feel like it really belongs here......whops)

dwuff

• Creative Practitioner and Eater Of Pastries
« Reply #48 on: November 26, 2014, 12:11:07 PM »
Haha I love the look of longsuffering on both those faces! I love putting things on my cat. She's hilarious. Often she won't even notice and will walk around until whatever it is falls off!
Find me on tumblr.

Eich

• Thor
  • Retired Forum Admin
« Reply #49 on: November 26, 2014, 07:01:23 PM »
Got home today for thanksgiving, and my cat's mad at me for leaving him.  He does this sometimes, on my second or third time back from school.  He runs up to greet me the first time, and maybe the second, but after that, he's upset with me.  I tried doing the slow blink, and he wouldn't keep eye contact.  :P
The dog was happy to see me though.  :)

I'll try to get some pictures of them this week.
Feel free to PM.

Fimbulvarg

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #50 on: November 26, 2014, 07:12:09 PM »
Kurapika (nicknamed Pulla, or bun.. like the pastry), turning 10 next April. He lives with my parents, since I moved away from home.
Hang on, is the name kurapika a Hunter x Hunter reference?

OrigamiOwl

« Reply #51 on: November 27, 2014, 04:45:58 AM »
Got home today for thanksgiving, and my cat's mad at me for leaving him.  He does this sometimes, on my second or third time back from school.  He runs up to greet me the first time, and maybe the second, but after that, he's upset with me.  I tried doing the slow blink, and he wouldn't keep eye contact.  :P
The dog was happy to see me though.  :)

I'll try to get some pictures of them this week.
The slow blink wasn't returned?? THE SCANDAL! THE SCORN! D'8
He'll come round...... Eventually. Might take a few cat-days :P
:artd: :book1+: :book2:
:chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16:

noako

• Safe-Zone Citizen
« Reply #52 on: November 27, 2014, 08:20:45 AM »
Hang on, is the name kurapika a Hunter x Hunter reference?

Yes. I was a huge fan back then (and even now I think I should rewatch the series.). Only problem I had, I didn't realize what the name meant in finnish.. Kura means something like mud, especially frozen mud, and "pika" means "fast", so his name isn't the most beautiful one to normal finns ears. It basically sounds like a nickname for diarrhea, haha.

But our family has a thing for nicknames anyway, so it's often just "boy", "cattie", "little man", "fur-him", and all kinds of silly names.

This a very accurate depiction of our relationship. I'll give you a hint: he isn't interested in me, my camera nor my movies in that picture  ;)

kjeks

• Retired Moderator
« Reply #53 on: November 27, 2014, 08:26:06 AM »
Cannot not imagine what this one would be interested in ;)

*triestograbsomeofthesaladandcheese* Damnyouscreen!

Forum Rules
Helpful Information

JoB

• Mage of the Great Restructuring
« Reply #54 on: November 27, 2014, 12:33:36 PM »
Cannot not imagine what this one would be interested in ;)
The torture instrument fork, I'ld guess.
native: :de: secondary: :us: :fr:
:artd: :book1+: :book2: :book3: :book4: etc.
PGP Key 0xBEF02A15, Fingerprint C12C 53DC BB92 2FE5 9725  C1AE 5E0F F1AF BEF0 2A15

kjeks

• Retired Moderator
« Reply #55 on: November 27, 2014, 03:19:14 PM »
The torture instrument fork, I'ld guess.

Seeing "Deathproof" there, that might be an option :D

Forum Rules
Helpful Information

Finhawk

• Super-Newbie
  • King of Apples | Mohawk Lord
« Reply #56 on: November 27, 2014, 04:18:45 PM »
Mölli, my fluffy brother and the most precious thing to me in the whole world.

Sadly, he passed away over four years ago. I still miss him so much, I'd give anything to have him back. ;-;

*Sniff*

Anyway, then there's Pusku:

(Ignore the shady looking terrorist behind her on the second picture.) Pusku's quite hyperactive and tends to drive me crazy at times but she's so adorable I'd forgive her anything.

Last but not least, Frodo the Great Dane:

I'm not much of a dog person, never have been, and when my mother took in my cousin's dog, I hated him at first. And I don't mean some mild dislike, I mean hated. I wouldn't even let him touch me and I went as far as to avoid even looking at him. However, I started warming up at the big fella over time and now, years later, I don't know what I'd do without my playmate.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2014, 04:23:02 PM by Finhawk »

noako

• Safe-Zone Citizen
« Reply #57 on: November 27, 2014, 07:08:06 PM »
Mölli, my fluffy brother and the most precious thing to me in the whole world.

Haha, look at him goooo on the truck! What a silly animal. So sorry about his passing, though. :( The worst part about pets is how we tend to outlive them... Although it would feel bad even if it were other way around.

Pusku looks so adorable :3 Getting sleep is important when you're a hyperactive cat!
I used to have similar problem to dogs, I just prefer cats so much more... But I'll pet dogs every time I get the chance anyway, heh. I guess I just like cat's independence more than dog's loyalty, but they really can't help it. And it's just personal preference anyway.

Eich

• Thor
  • Retired Forum Admin
« Reply #58 on: November 27, 2014, 07:18:26 PM »
You Finns have adorable cats.
Noako, yours in the hat was too much for me to handle.

I think I prefer cats a little bit, but I like both.  Cat affection has to be earned, which I like, but dogs are naturally affectionate, which I also like...  but cats don't need baths and don't stink, so they win.
Feel free to PM.

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #59 on: November 27, 2014, 09:56:16 PM »
You Finns have adorable cats.
Noako, yours in the hat was too much for me to handle.

I think I prefer cats a little bit, but I like both.  Cat affection has to be earned, which I like, but dogs are naturally affectionate, which I also like...  but cats don't need baths and don't stink, so they win.

*Typical white guy voice* Hey, not all dogs smell bad!

I met my stepmother's cats for the first time yesterday one of them decided that my lap was her favorite lap. There were three other people in the room, and of course she chose the lap of the one who likes cats the least. (I'm a dog person)

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13: