Poll

Would you be Interested in a creative Writing group or Critique Circle?

Yes! I would love both of them!
27 (67.5%)
Yes! I want readers but I don't care for critique.
1 (2.5%)
Yes! Good Critique, sounds great.
3 (7.5%)
Hmm, I'm not sure I would have the time.
7 (17.5%)
Hmm, I think I could commit to this.
2 (5%)
No...(Please say why.)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 38

Author Topic: Creative Writing Group?  (Read 14812 times)

Unwary

• Ranger
    • DeviantArt
  • Jack of all trades, Master of none
  • Preferred pronouns: He, Him, His.
Re: Creative Writing Group?
« Reply #30 on: August 22, 2015, 09:41:46 PM »
Ah, I had forgotten that PDF didn't always behave. Anyway, let's roll with what works for the moment, and we can see about setting up a standard. I would say just be sure to save it with your initails, until we run a test case or two, to be sure that Syncthing can handle conlficts
~Unwary
Call me OMO, the wise ones do.

Everett Asimov

• I'm always a bit lost.
« Reply #31 on: August 22, 2015, 11:05:19 PM »
Hi guys,
If you've still got room, my device ID is 2DPGTGD-AOKVDEC-XO7PJG7-G2B4FAO-ZHIRF3D-ESFAWC4-HOBOKMK-HAJMTQR. It took me a little bit to figure it out, but I think I got it. Also, things are kinda crazy right now for me so I might not get to sharing anything straight away, but I guarantee I will be pumping out so much writing in a week or so. Thanks!

Unwary

• Ranger
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #32 on: August 23, 2015, 11:35:42 AM »
I'm fine with adding you, but as I appear to put my foot in my mouth when I try to speak for this group...
Let's see what the others say, though I can't think why they wouldn't.

DarkRawen

• Rawen can do it!
« Reply #33 on: August 23, 2015, 04:03:44 PM »

Hi guys,
If you've still got room, my device ID is 2DPGTGD-AOKVDEC-XO7PJG7-G2B4FAO-ZHIRF3D-ESFAWC4-HOBOKMK-HAJMTQR. It took me a little bit to figure it out, but I think I got it. Also, things are kinda crazy right now for me so I might not get to sharing anything straight away, but I guarantee I will be pumping out so much writing in a week or so. Thanks!

I'm fine with adding you, but as I appear to put my foot in my mouth when I try to speak for this group...
Let's see what the others say, though I can't think why they wouldn't.

I've got no issue with that. Gave you feedback, by the way, Unwary. If it's too strict/too broad, let me know.

Unwary

• Ranger
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #34 on: August 23, 2015, 07:01:30 PM »
Thanks DarkRawen. I should have edited that more but I was kind of pulling something short from my archives, trying to find a test case story I could throw out.
In general, I also like feedback on the worldbuilding and characters, but this was too short a segment for that.
I am going to finish up my present thing and post it next.
(Dark dystopia/post apocalpytic sci-fi, called Harvestman.)

Everett, I got Solovei's approval and have created a folder for you, and synced my device with yours.
Everyone else, go add his device ID so he syncs reliably.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2015, 10:04:26 PM by Unwary »

Everett Asimov

• I'm always a bit lost.
« Reply #35 on: August 26, 2015, 09:00:49 AM »
Pinging this thread. I want it just as much as you, Unwary, I just can't share anything yet. I moved into a new apartment and I'm trying to get the internet to work on my desktop and download snyc it on my dino-macbook. We'll see which one works better. When I do though, my creative writing course has got my brain juices all working and I'll have loads of stuff to contribute. I'm also really, really looking forward to reading everyone else's stuff.

DarkRawen

• Rawen can do it!
« Reply #36 on: August 26, 2015, 11:33:01 AM »
Unwary, is the current file in your folder a work in progress, or something you want feedback on? Because I understood it like this; to be read folder has what we should give feedback on, while our personal folders has work in progress.

Or is that wrong?

Unwary

• Ranger
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #37 on: August 26, 2015, 11:39:18 AM »
Yeah It's wip, when I want formal critique on it, I will move it to the To Be Read folder.
I haven't added much because school is starting, but feel free to glance in on it you just want something to read.
In other news, Nimphy might be joining us.

Unwary

• Ranger
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #38 on: August 28, 2015, 09:07:03 PM »
Okay, I don't want to sound weird, but could someone just post something? I want to get this rolling and I don't want to turn everyone off by spamming my own works at people.

Solovei

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
  • You name it, Captain Solo will ship it.
« Reply #39 on: August 29, 2015, 01:11:04 AM »
Okay, I don't want to sound weird, but could someone just post something? I want to get this rolling and I don't want to turn everyone off by spamming my own works at people.
I have some fanfic stuff I wouldn't mind feedback on, but I don't know if people are up for those...
:hat:Support your fanfic authors!:betterhat:
Co-admin of the SSSS Wiki | AO3 |
:chap2:
:chap3:
:chap4:
:chap5:
:chap6:
:chap7:
:chap8:

Fluent: :canada: :russia:
Managing to stumble through: :sweden:

DarkRawen

• Rawen can do it!
« Reply #40 on: August 29, 2015, 02:10:34 AM »
I have some fanfic stuff I wouldn't mind feedback on, but I don't know if people are up for those...

Fanfics are fine with me. (:

Aierdome

• Ranger
  • The Emperor Protects.
« Reply #41 on: August 29, 2015, 07:04:22 AM »
Hey, would it be okay if I joined? I've got Syncthing installed already, my device ID is MRLXALG-ZATJZJ4-ABGVVD7-MWVLIMT-YNXANGC-EODJDOD-3IPNGJN-4HF42Q4, so I'd be happy to contribute, although it may be a few days before I upload something of my own.
When I think of deep psychological insight, I think of three names: Freud; Jung; Grignr.
-----
:chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :hat: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :book2: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16:

Unwary

• Ranger
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #42 on: August 29, 2015, 10:20:47 AM »
Fan fics are fine with me, I will do my best to critique them. But Solo the last one I read was very good, so don't worry.
Aierdrome, feel to join. I have accepted your device ID on my main machine, just be sure to point it to an Empty folder. Once you are synched there is a list of Device IDs for you to add, so that you and other sync reliably.

Aierdome

• Ranger
  • The Emperor Protects.
« Reply #43 on: August 29, 2015, 01:58:14 PM »
Great, it's working! So, if everyone's fine with that, I'll add the rest's IDs. I'll drop something in by the next week.
When I think of deep psychological insight, I think of three names: Freud; Jung; Grignr.
-----
:chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :hat: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :book2: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16:

Unwary

• Ranger
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #44 on: August 30, 2015, 06:42:22 PM »
My main computer is becoming unbearably laggy, so I am going to be doing maintenance on it.
This mean that my machine will be unavailable and syncing will be less reliable, depending on how much you guys uptimes coincide.
I don't know when this will be done, and when I will finally go dark, but...
You Have Been Warned.