Author Topic: General Discussion Thread  (Read 2387418 times)

Haiz

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
Re: General Discussion Thread
« Reply #13875 on: February 06, 2016, 07:11:35 AM »
The Nordic Hel is quite different to the Christian Hell, but this map of Hellish Place Names in Norway is still pretty cool.
they didn't even include Hell!

hrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr i KNEW i shouldn't be too optimistic about the canada exchange, last semester it was "there are three applicants and only two nominations" and this time it's "there are two applicants and it's unsure if there will be one or two nominations". I STILL HAVE A CHANCE but seriously. s  eriously
you'll know where to find me.

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
« Reply #13876 on: February 06, 2016, 07:33:56 AM »
hrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr i KNEW i shouldn't be too optimistic about the canada exchange, last semester it was "there are three applicants and only two nominations" and this time it's "there are two applicants and it's unsure if there will be one or two nominations". I STILL HAVE A CHANCE but seriously. s  eriously
Nttt. You have your chance :) Don't see the worst part, nothing is decided yet. You can have it Haiz !
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Helia

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #13877 on: February 06, 2016, 09:37:17 AM »
We only celebrate Valentine's Day from the early 1990's - and it was all about commerce from the start. But I remember, at the beginning it was a day of all kind of love, although it quickly turned into a celebration of romantic love only.

Fun fact:
In Hungarian Valentine = Bálint; if you talk about Bálint-nap (Bálint-Day) it means you think about a person named Bálint (namedays are very important here), but Valentin-nap means all the lovey-dovey kitsch, overpriced wellness weekends for couples and the like.
native: :hungary:  fluent: :uk:  special: :germany:

:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:

Yuuago

• Tumblr
  • Well, there's still hope in this world.
  • Preferred pronouns: He/etc
« Reply #13878 on: February 06, 2016, 11:37:36 AM »

Yikes, sounds like some pretty stiff competition. But a million-to-one chance is still a chance!
Journal | Tumblr | Fic Archive
Og kring meg i myrket/snøar og snøar det. - Olav H. Hauge

Mélusine

« Reply #13879 on: February 06, 2016, 11:58:49 AM »
So many heavy tatamis to put up for tomorrow in a big gym ! My arms are protesting *Decides* I deserve chocolate.
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

hav

• Super-Newbie
    • Tumblr
« Reply #13880 on: February 06, 2016, 05:21:08 PM »
Just thought I'd pop by and say Lihkku beivviin! And then pop off again.  ;D

(Happy Sami people day!)

Haiz

• Tumblr
« Reply #13881 on: February 06, 2016, 05:30:47 PM »
Just thought I'd pop by and say Lihkku beivviin! And then pop off again.  ;D

(Happy Sami people day!)
OH RIGHT THAT'S TODAY!!

everyone look at this rad flag

i hope my cousins and friends had a good day

urbicande

• --.- .-. .-.. ..--..
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him/his
« Reply #13882 on: February 06, 2016, 08:48:19 PM »
Sami People's Day!  In honour of a holiday I never knew existed, I'm going to listen to Mari Boine
Keep an eye on me. I shimmer on horizons.

Survivor: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: / :book2:   :chap13:   :chap14:  :chap15: :chap16: / :book3:  :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:  :chap21: / :book4:

:A2chap01:

Fluent:  :usa: :uk: :canada:
Basic conversation:  :france: :germany:
Learning: :sweden: :finland:
A couple of words:  :spain: :italy:

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #13883 on: February 07, 2016, 06:20:00 AM »
Meanwhile in Bromma airport, Sweden. Text says "Sweden and the world begin here", but as a former Helsinkian I'd say the photo looks oddly familiar! Should Finns be worried or...? :D
Speak: :finland: :iceland: :uk: :icelandic sheepdog:
Butchering at every try: :sweden:
Learning: :japan:
Wishlist: :norway:

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

JoB

• Mage of the Great Restructuring
« Reply #13884 on: February 07, 2016, 11:04:46 AM »
Meanwhile in Bromma airport, Sweden. Text says "Sweden and the world begin here", but as a former Helsinkian I'd say the photo looks oddly familiar! Should Finns be worried or...? :D
I say we do a flash mob and blanket the area with a bajillion stickers disclosing the one and only truth!

native: :de: secondary: :us: :fr:
:artd: :book1+: :book2: :book3: :book4: etc.
PGP Key 0xBEF02A15, Fingerprint C12C 53DC BB92 2FE5 9725  C1AE 5E0F F1AF BEF0 2A15

Haiz

• Tumblr
« Reply #13885 on: February 07, 2016, 12:27:22 PM »
/lies down on floor

I feel like I am never going to finish the driving theory course. "five hours" they said. it's been days. i think it has even worsened my driving abilities because it's telling me about aalll the things i gotta focus on, and i forget to do completely basic things like using blinkers because i'm concentrating so hard on detecting all the dangers and getting a full overview and trying to predict what wil happen 15 seconds in the future. send help

Mélusine

« Reply #13886 on: February 07, 2016, 12:29:29 PM »
/lies down on floor

I feel like I am never going to finish the driving theory course. "five hours" they said. it's been days. i think it has even worsened my driving abilities because it's telling me about aalll the things i gotta focus on, and i forget to do completely basic things like using blinkers because i'm concentrating so hard on detecting all the dangers and getting a full overview and trying to predict what wil happen 15 seconds in the future. send help
*Sends hugs, tea and candies* It's kind of normal at the beginning. Good luck, Haiz ! You can do it ! You will do it and be successful !

Oh Deer

• Scout
    • Tumblr
  • I live!! but no joke, it's good to be back :D
« Reply #13887 on: February 07, 2016, 12:37:57 PM »
please catch me up on things, moving is tiring. I never have internet
"Nerds + time = siege engines, it's a well-known fact."- Noodly Appendage
:chap6:, :chap7: :chap8:

Róisín

• Traveller on the Bird's Path
  • Elder of the Ruined Realm
« Reply #13888 on: February 07, 2016, 12:44:57 PM »
Well, we are still here, still talking, and SSSS is at a very tense point in the story. There's lots of art, fanfic, and enough recent comments and forum posts to keep you busy for months! Sympathy about moving, I used to hate it, and hope never to have to do so again this lifetime.
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

Silenter

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • So sorry.
« Reply #13889 on: February 07, 2016, 01:10:38 PM »
So today I got so excited about my church serving a particular dish, until both me and my mom found out that they were serving it when the 11:00 mass ends, which ends at 12:00. So we ended up just buying the necessary food and heading home to make it. So now I'm just waiting for lunch to be finished preparing, and my stomach is just grumbling away. XD

And I'm happy that there's no school tomorrow due to this being the first year for having the Lunar New Year off. I don't exactly celebrate it, but we do eat the food if possible. :)

And it's pretty cold again today, expecting another snowfall sometime later this week.
Half-crumbled I guess: :southkorea:
Main language: :usa:
:chap2: :chap3: :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: