Author Topic: General Discussion Thread  (Read 2387264 times)

viola

• Hel
  • Conqueror of an Abandoned City
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
Re: General Discussion Thread
« Reply #13725 on: January 27, 2016, 10:15:02 AM »
Surefire signs you're too deep in the digital age: I just tried to check the time from the upper right corner of my book...
That is beautiful rabbit.

Welp the Rideau canal is closed again. It'll be interesting to see if they'll have it open this weekend for winterlude, especially since it's supposed to be like 5C this weekend.
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

Double H

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
« Reply #13726 on: January 27, 2016, 11:54:31 AM »
Welp the Rideau canal is closed again. It'll be interesting to see if they'll have it open this weekend for winterlude, especially since it's supposed to be like 5C this weekend.
If the canal is closed does that mean there is no work for you? That sucks.
Pretentious? Moi?

viola

• Hel
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
« Reply #13727 on: January 27, 2016, 12:19:47 PM »
If the canal is closed does that mean there is no work for you? That sucks.

Yeah it means no work. It's kinda ironic because today is actually one of the days I can work. I can't work friday, and now I'm probably going to end up having to go in on friday. *flails her arms at the weather* Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

starfallz

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • MiSSSSionary
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #13728 on: January 27, 2016, 02:06:03 PM »
Surefire signs you're too deep in the digital age: I just tried to check the time from the upper right corner of my book...

I keep switching between my iPad and laptop. Somehow I can't scroll when I touch my laptop screen.
Fluent: :usa: Rusty: :japan: Uh, what? :sweden:
Chapter Break Survivor: :artd: : :chap5: :book2: :book3: :book4: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

viola

• Hel
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
« Reply #13729 on: January 27, 2016, 03:27:14 PM »
I keep switching between my iPad and laptop. Somehow I can't scroll when I touch my laptop screen.

I can! My laptop is one of those converts into a tablet thingies :D

urbicande

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • --.- .-. .-.. ..--..
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him/his
« Reply #13730 on: January 27, 2016, 03:28:03 PM »
I wish I had time to be back on chat!
Keep an eye on me. I shimmer on horizons.

Survivor: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: / :book2:   :chap13:   :chap14:  :chap15: :chap16: / :book3:  :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:  :chap21: / :book4:

:A2chap01:

Fluent:  :usa: :uk: :canada:
Basic conversation:  :france: :germany:
Learning: :sweden: :finland:
A couple of words:  :spain: :italy:

Mélusine

« Reply #13731 on: January 27, 2016, 05:49:14 PM »
Ohmygod, there are techniques with two partners to learn ? *Lost at jujutsu tonight*
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
« Reply #13732 on: January 28, 2016, 12:47:12 AM »

I constantly try to cmd+S on handwritten essays.

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #13733 on: January 28, 2016, 02:48:05 AM »
I've once almost dipped my tablet pen into a "water cup" (= coffee mug)(I do that all the time with real watercolours too though, drinking coffee while painting is a horrible idea).
Speak: :finland: :iceland: :uk: :icelandic sheepdog:
Butchering at every try: :sweden:
Learning: :japan:
Wishlist: :norway:

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

Sc0ut

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
« Reply #13734 on: January 28, 2016, 05:15:34 AM »
When painting with watercolors, I always try to save my work when I leave the desk. Even worse, the undo button is not there when I need it :I

Yuuago

• Tumblr
  • Well, there's still hope in this world.
  • Preferred pronouns: He/etc
« Reply #13735 on: January 28, 2016, 08:06:19 AM »
I've once almost dipped my tablet pen into a "water cup" (= coffee mug)(I do that all the time with real watercolours too though, drinking coffee while painting is a horrible idea).

Been there. Done that. With the watercolours in the drinks and- Yick. (At least you didn't drink it? Please say you didn't.)
Journal | Tumblr | Fic Archive
Og kring meg i myrket/snøar og snøar det. - Olav H. Hauge

mithrysc

• Ranger
  • indefinite hiatus
« Reply #13736 on: January 28, 2016, 08:30:23 AM »
Been there. Done that. With the watercolours in the drinks and- Yick. (At least you didn't drink it? Please say you didn't.)

The reason why I don't have drinks around when I art, though I use a different enough container for paint water that I don't think I'd be able to pick it up by accident. I guess it's a trade-off between "not drinking enough fluids" and "drinking paint water."

Ana Nymus

• DeviantArt
  • Checking in once in a while
« Reply #13737 on: January 28, 2016, 08:59:09 AM »
For any of you painterly types, have you ever tried something with a lid? I'm thinking a travel mug or anything along those lines. You can't dip a paintbrush into a mug like that. Then again, I only just thought of this idea and have nothing to back it up. If anyone wants to experiment...
:usa: Yes.
:spain: Out of practice.
:finland: Failed to learn.
:vaticancity: Probably remember five words.
White text: Always ;P
:chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

I also speak SCIENCE!!!

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #13738 on: January 28, 2016, 09:27:31 AM »

I was juggling between wanting to appear cool and like I have my stuff together and plain honesty but... honesty it is, I've dipped paintbrush to coffee, drank painting water (or you know, taken a big gulp, at least I'm smart enough to realize the mistake before I actually drink it), dipped the brush into coffee and then forgotten about it and drank the coffee. It's just part of painting with watercolours, sooner or later you'll know what they taste like. :P
Speak: :finland: :iceland: :uk: :icelandic sheepdog:
Butchering at every try: :sweden:
Learning: :japan:
Wishlist: :norway:

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

mithrysc

• Ranger
  • indefinite hiatus
« Reply #13739 on: January 28, 2016, 10:59:02 AM »
I was juggling between wanting to appear cool and like I have my stuff together and plain honesty but... honesty it is, I've dipped paintbrush to coffee, drank painting water (or you know, taken a big gulp, at least I'm smart enough to realize the mistake before I actually drink it), dipped the brush into coffee and then forgotten about it and drank the coffee. It's just part of painting with watercolours, sooner or later you'll know what they taste like. :P

I once ran out of places to put my paint-loaded brushes while painting with acrylics, so I tried to be an art-pirate and hold it briefly with my mouth (well, lips actually). Of course, I had also gotten paint all over the handle earlier, so you can image how that turned out.