Author Topic: General Discussion Thread  (Read 2387417 times)

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
Re: General Discussion Thread
« Reply #13305 on: January 05, 2016, 10:59:59 AM »
Going through your own old posts like

What on earth was this even about how did we get there

I have no idea but I admit that a pedal-powered hoverboard is an amazing idea and can we please make it happen?
Speak: :finland: :iceland: :uk: :icelandic sheepdog:
Butchering at every try: :sweden:
Learning: :japan:
Wishlist: :norway:

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

Haiz

• Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #13306 on: January 05, 2016, 11:21:56 AM »
I have no idea but I admit that a pedal-powered hoverboard is an amazing idea and can we please make it happen?
sounds like something from treasure planet actually? i vote for having everything in the treasure planet movie happen. space pirates let's go
you'll know where to find me.

Daéa Reina

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
  • well, I'm trying
« Reply #13307 on: January 05, 2016, 11:47:10 AM »
A pedal-powered hoverboard would be something nice to have. It gives some Back to the Future vibes. :D

I'm going to summer camp tomorrow and I'm going to be away for a month, without my computer and/or wi-fi. D:
I think the good part is that when I come back I'll have a lot of new SSSS pages to read, I'm already looking forward to that.
native :brazil:  |  decent :usa: :spain:  |  wants to learn :germany: :finland: :france:

I'm a survivor: :artd: :book1+: (-1) :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

"There's no better place on earth than the road that leads to Heaven."

Yuuago

• Tumblr
  • Well, there's still hope in this world.
  • Preferred pronouns: He/etc
« Reply #13308 on: January 05, 2016, 12:01:05 PM »
A pedal-powered hoverboard would be something nice to have. It gives some Back to the Future vibes. :D

I'm going to summer camp tomorrow and I'm going to be away for a month, without my computer and/or wi-fi. D:
I think the good part is that when I come back I'll have a lot of new SSSS pages to read, I'm already looking forward to that.

Oh, you're leaving tomorrow? I hope you'll have a good time! : D
Journal | Tumblr | Fic Archive
Og kring meg i myrket/snøar og snøar det. - Olav H. Hauge

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
« Reply #13309 on: January 05, 2016, 12:15:48 PM »
It's strange to remember that of course it's summer in an other part of Earth :) I hope you'll enjoy your camp !
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Rabbit

• Retired Moderator
  • Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • pocket gremlin
  • Preferred pronouns: he/she/they/it
« Reply #13310 on: January 05, 2016, 01:15:34 PM »

A whole month, huh? That's quite a camp. I hope you have fun and don't die too much!
proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society

:finland: :uk: :japan: :sweden: :germany:
:chap4: :chap5:
:chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11:
:chap12: :chap13: :chap14:

Avatar courtesy of the mighty starfallz

Daéa Reina

• Tumblr
  • well, I'm trying
« Reply #13311 on: January 05, 2016, 01:22:50 PM »
Oh, you're leaving tomorrow? I hope you'll have a good time! : D

It's strange to remember that of course it's summer in an other part of Earth :) I hope you'll enjoy your camp !

A whole month, huh? That's quite a camp. I hope you have fun and don't die too much!

Thank you! :D

I'll try to stay alive, I promise. The reason why I have to stay the whole month is because I'm part of the staff, so we have three different events to attend (and thousands of kids to keep an eye on D:).
native :brazil:  |  decent :usa: :spain:  |  wants to learn :germany: :finland: :france:

Helia

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #13312 on: January 05, 2016, 01:49:22 PM »
Thank you! :D

I'll try to stay alive, I promise. The reason why I have to stay the whole month is because I'm part of the staff, so we have three different events to attend (and thousands of kids to keep an eye on D:).

Have a great time!
And while you're away, a new parcel will start it's journey; and this time I really-really hope, it arrives.
native: :hungary:  fluent: :uk:  special: :germany:

:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:

urbicande

• --.- .-. .-.. ..--..
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him/his
« Reply #13313 on: January 05, 2016, 03:37:25 PM »

Have a great month away!

Keep an eye on me. I shimmer on horizons.

Survivor: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: / :book2:   :chap13:   :chap14:  :chap15: :chap16: / :book3:  :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:  :chap21: / :book4:

:A2chap01:

Fluent:  :usa: :uk: :canada:
Basic conversation:  :france: :germany:
Learning: :sweden: :finland:
A couple of words:  :spain: :italy:

Róisín

• Traveller on the Bird's Path
  • Elder of the Ruined Realm
« Reply #13314 on: January 05, 2016, 04:48:20 PM »
Happy summer camp Daéa! Try not to let the little darlings wear you out. I've done camp mother before, and kids have an amazing capacity for finding new ways to get into trouble. Luck! We'll see you when you return.
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

CintrixGaming

• Super-Newbie
« Reply #13315 on: January 05, 2016, 06:28:54 PM »
Really loving the comic Minna! Keep it up!  ^-^  :))
~Cintrix

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #13316 on: January 05, 2016, 09:15:37 PM »
Really loving the comic Minna! Keep it up!  ^-^  :))

Hi, Cintrix.  Welcome to the Forum!  I'm sorry to have my first reply to you be this sort of thing, but do you mind if I move your post to an existing thread?  We get so much content that we tend to discourage single-post threads like this unless they have a clearly focused topic.

Also, I'm afraid Minna doesn't visit this Forum.  She knows it's here, and has pointed people towards it, but she doesn't have an account here and doesn't read the posts (that we have any evidence of), so she won't see your compliment.

However, there are some channels Our Dear Creator does read, which you may already know about:

1) The comic's Disqus comments.  Minna herself sometimes replies to questions -- and fellow fans certainly do!
2) Her Twitter feed.  https://twitter.com/sssscomic

There is also:
Her Tumblr (which Minna only updates every few weeks, but sometimes she has interesting comments): http://sssscomic.tumblr.com/
Her Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/Stand-Still-Stay-Silent-webcomic-655890117765567/

Meanwhile, would you care to introduce yourself on the Introduction Thread?  We'd love to know more about you, and hear in more detail what you think of the comic.
https://ssssforum.com/index.php?topic=131.0
Later this evening, I'm going to merge your thread in with the General Discussion Thread:  https://ssssforum.com/index.php?board=1.0
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

Daéa Reina

• Tumblr
  • well, I'm trying
« Reply #13317 on: January 05, 2016, 09:40:00 PM »
Have a great time!
And while you're away, a new parcel will start it's journey; and this time I really-really hope, it arrives.

Thank you!
Ahh, I hope it arrives well and soon too... I can barely wait for my amigurumis!

Have a great month away!

Happy summer camp Daéa! Try not to let the little darlings wear you out. I've done camp mother before, and kids have an amazing capacity for finding new ways to get into trouble. Luck! We'll see you when you return.

Thank you!
Indeed, the kids can be very tiresome sometimes, but I know that in the end I'll be the one missing them when camp is over... :'(

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #13318 on: January 06, 2016, 01:54:09 AM »
*Mom is wearing a Nordic-looking sweater*
Me- "I like your sweater!"
Her- "Ha, [your grandmother] got it for me in Iceland in like, the 80s."
Me- "Iceland! Iceland's at the top of my travel list!"
Her- "Really?! Why?"
Me- >__> ".......It's pretty!"

It was too late at night to remind her what my interests are... :P

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

OrigamiOwl

« Reply #13319 on: January 06, 2016, 05:56:32 AM »
*Mom is wearing a Nordic-looking sweater*
Me- "I like your sweater!"
Her- "Ha, [your grandmother] got it for me in Iceland in like, the 80s."
Me- "Iceland! Iceland's at the top of my travel list!"
Her- "Really?! Why?"
Me- >__> ".......It's pretty!"

It was too late at night to remind her what my interests are... :P
Oh gosh XD
I discovered last year that when my mum was around my age she was also obsessed with Scandinavia, except...because of ABBA and Aha reasons ;u; She has this really cool necklace that she got from her boss in the 80's when he came back from a business trip to either Sweden or Norway- she can't remember- and it's a tiny little pendant of a viking longship and I love it to death. She doesn't take it off ever. The only issue is that we don't know if it came from Sweden or Norway because A) it is a viking ship and B) the sail is striped with gold and blue. So I'm thinking maybe it's Swedish?? But it is so cooooooool. I want one. ;__;
Spoiler: show
Mum, probably: Why go all the way to Sweden when we have all these ABBA CDs RIGHT HERE! :D
Me, probably: MUUUUUUUUUM NO

Oh! I passed my driving theory test today!! :D Now all I have to do is drive under supervision for three months and then I can take a driving test and then if I pass that I can drive under supervision for nine months and then I can take a driving test and then if I pass that I can drive unsupervised for twelve months and then I can take a driving test and then if I pass that I can drive unsupervised until I turn 25 and then I can get my full license!!! :D :D :D :'D

Also, a cute story: My little sister snuck into my room after we picked her up from theatre rehearsal today. She had a bag, and was very secretive. She's like "Psssst. Look what I got." and from out of the bag she pulls out this GIANT jar of Nutella, with a personalised label with her name on it. On the lid was some nice brown paper, with "I'm totally nuts about you" written in silver gel pen. And I'm like "Awwww."
But she reaches into the bag again, and pulls out a mini jar of Nutella with brown paper on the lid with "Will" written on it. And I'm like "Yo who's Will? Why do you have Will's Nutella? Why is Will also getting Nutella." and she keeps pulling these little Nutella jars out of the bag and the lids have:
"you"
"be"
"my"
"girlfriend?"
And I'm like "That is so much Nutella." and she says "Yeah. They're from Maximilian. <3 He left them on my sports bag after rehearsal."
And all of this is very sweet, except this poor Maximilian is not liked by our parents, and they don't like him and my sister hanging out, and have forbidden her from dating him. Which puts a dampener on things I guess. But at least we get all this Nutella. Secret Nutella.
Yes. This sounds fake. But it is sadly, sadly true.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2016, 06:24:39 AM by OrigamiOwl »
:artd: :book1+: :book2:
:chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16: