Author Topic: General Discussion Thread  (Read 2410153 times)

urbicande

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • --.- .-. .-.. ..--..
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him/his
Re: General Discussion Thread
« Reply #13170 on: December 28, 2015, 10:42:20 PM »
Keep an eye on me. I shimmer on horizons.

Survivor: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: / :book2:   :chap13:   :chap14:  :chap15: :chap16: / :book3:  :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:  :chap21: / :book4:

:A2chap01:

Fluent:  :usa: :uk: :canada:
Basic conversation:  :france: :germany:
Learning: :sweden: :finland:
A couple of words:  :spain: :italy:

Róisín

• Traveller on the Bird's Path
  • Elder of the Ruined Realm
« Reply #13171 on: December 29, 2015, 12:00:53 AM »
That's sad!
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

viola

• Hel
  • Conqueror of an Abandoned City
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #13172 on: December 29, 2015, 12:03:20 AM »
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

Puls3

• Safe-Zone Citizen
« Reply #13173 on: December 29, 2015, 04:33:52 AM »
Lemmy is dead :(

http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-35192060
Let us honour his legacy by playing their most beloved song "Ace of spades" in max volume. It's what he would have wanted.
Have a more extensive vocabulary in :england: than :sweden: (which is scary considering that I'm born and raised here)
Can only pronounce a few sentences of :spain:

:chap5: :chap6: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

OrigamiOwl

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
« Reply #13174 on: December 29, 2015, 04:41:19 AM »
We are going to the beach for New Years : ) Finally! I like the beach. And it's been a while since I've been down there. The only negatives of spending NY down there are:
- potential family squabbles
- scary drunk pyromaniac neighbours who play loud music and scream all night
- lots of people
- probably lots of bitey bugs this time of year
- sharing a room with both sisters unless I am brave and sleep in the downstairs bedroom all by myself. O__O

SO! I will be heading down there with dad at maybe 4 or even 3-ish in the morning (;__;) because he is going to go fishing and I will take the cats and the food supplies and set up the place while he is out at sea for the day, until mum and sisters arrive later in the evening.
Which means.
For nearly a whole day I will have the beach house TO MYSELF.

:D ANY IDEAS ON WHAT I CAN DO?? :D

Probably literally nothing X'D there's not even phone signal own there.
At least if the rash happens I should be safe. <_<
:artd: :book1+: :book2:
:chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16:

Róisín

• Traveller on the Bird's Path
  • Elder of the Ruined Realm
« Reply #13175 on: December 29, 2015, 05:50:56 AM »
Which beach, Owl? I remember some of the beaches (at least in the northeast corner bit of Tassie) as having amazing little translucent rainbow shells that were great for craft work. I still have a necklace I made of them, strung on fishing line. And moonstones and bits of fossil wood and seaglass - all sorts of beautiful stuff. Rockpools with anemones and crabs, driftwood and pretty seaweed. And of course there's always the sea, full as it is of salt and secrets, songs and stories and poems.

A whole day to yourself sounds great! You could do anything or nothing. Enjoy!
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

urbicande

• --.- .-. .-.. ..--..
« Reply #13176 on: December 29, 2015, 09:06:00 AM »
We are going to the beach for New Years : ) Finally! I like the beach. And it's been a while since I've been down there. The only negatives of spending NY down there are:
- lots of people
- sharing a room with both sisters unless I am brave and sleep in the downstairs bedroom all by myself. O__O

SO! I will be heading down there with dad at maybe 4 or even 3-ish in the morning (;__;) because he is going to go fishing and I will take the cats and the food supplies and set up the place while he is out at sea for the day, until mum and sisters arrive later in the evening.
Which means.

I'm totally down with going to the beach whenever possible. Comes from having grown up so close to the ocean!

Survivor: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: / :book2:   :chap13:   :chap14:  :chap15: :chap16: / :book3:  :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:  :chap21: / :book4:

Noodles

• Tumblr
  • *flops*
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them
« Reply #13177 on: December 29, 2015, 12:22:39 PM »
I'm totally down with going to the beach whenever possible. Comes from having grown up so close to the ocean!
Saaaaaaaaaaame! I'd go looking for critters-under-rocks, interesting pebbles, and sea-glass, but actually just sitting and sleeping/reading/having a lazy day would be fun too.
I'll do art-swaps and beta-reads, PM me!
Native: :usa:
Can make a fool of myself, but comprehensibly: :france:
Write a little Sindarin (working on that)
Wish-list: ASL, :sweden:, :norway:
Chapter break survivor: :book2::book3::book4::A2chap01::A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:

Lenny

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Ninja.
  • Preferred pronouns: My name. They/them.
« Reply #13178 on: December 29, 2015, 02:37:30 PM »
Oh man. I read that as Lenny and I freaked out.

No no, I am very much alive :)
Am notified of private messages via email.

urbicande

• --.- .-. .-.. ..--..
« Reply #13179 on: December 29, 2015, 02:40:51 PM »
No no, I am very much alive :)

I am going to use my 800th Forum post to cheer the fact that you're still alive!  \o/

urbicande

• --.- .-. .-.. ..--..
« Reply #13180 on: December 29, 2015, 02:41:49 PM »
Saaaaaaaaaaame! I'd go looking for critters-under-rocks, interesting pebbles, and sea-glass, but actually just sitting and sleeping/reading/having a lazy day would be fun too.

Me, I'd be in the water!  One of the most best things to do at the beach

Johannabelle

• Scout
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • less is more
« Reply #13181 on: December 29, 2015, 02:48:26 PM »
- lots of people

Which means.

Oh, I suggest drawing in the sand! Or building things with rocks and driftwood you find lying around. Whenever I go to the beach I don't really do much else other than walk and explore, but that's probably boring.
❄~Lurks and sometimes draws~❄
Fluent: :us: | Someday: :ru:

:chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21::A2chap01::A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #13182 on: December 29, 2015, 03:28:20 PM »
Beaches are awesome. Especially the kind where you can go look for things to eat!

That said I don't have much access to beaches now but at least I can go swim at the local pools. I tried a really old one today for an after-work swim and quite liked the place. Its age shows and there's nothing there but a pool and some "hot pots" for soaking in even warmer water than the 28°C of the main pool (you'll tire really fast trying to swim in that), but on the upside it meant that most people rather go to the other swimming hall nearby and this one was calm and quiet. Idk why it is but I don't like exercising with other people around so a pool to myself = yes thank you please!

I thought I'd take it easy today and did just a few laps but apparently I was more unfit than I thought and now my arms are shaking, oops. :D
Speak: :finland: :iceland: :uk: :icelandic sheepdog:
Butchering at every try: :sweden:
Learning: :japan:
Wishlist: :norway:

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

urbicande

• --.- .-. .-.. ..--..
« Reply #13183 on: December 29, 2015, 06:09:00 PM »
Beaches are awesome. Especially the kind where you can go look for things to eat!

That said I don't have much access to beaches now but at least I can go swim at the local pools. I tried a really old one today for an after-work swim and quite liked the place. Its age shows and there's nothing there but a pool and some "hot pots" for soaking in even warmer water than the 28°C of the main pool (you'll tire really fast trying to swim in that), but on the upside it meant that most people rather go to the other swimming hall nearby and this one was calm and quiet. Idk why it is but I don't like exercising with other people around so a pool to myself = yes thank you please!

I thought I'd take it easy today and did just a few laps but apparently I was more unfit than I thought and now my arms are shaking, oops. :D

I much prefer oceans because I sink in fresh water but I float in salt water.

Curry

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • [musically] IB IS KILLIN ME
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them/theirs
« Reply #13184 on: December 29, 2015, 08:40:40 PM »
I love all water but I prefer swimming in the ocean! Grew up in that so it's pretty natural-feeling. Also, I like the color of the water best :P

Crystal clear rivers and springs are really nice too!! I like being able to see the bottom in freshwater bodies of water so I know there aren't any snakes or alligators chilling around me :'3c I went to a camp in North Carolina where we had to swim in a very opaque lake and even though I knew there wasn't anything that hurt me I still hated it.
YEET