Author Topic: General Discussion Thread  (Read 2566846 times)

Purple Wyrm

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • The Bombay Sausage of 2018!
  • Preferred pronouns: He/Him/Dat Fing
Re: General Discussion Thread
« Reply #13155 on: December 28, 2015, 03:08:34 AM »
Stuff about the new Star Wars film

I agree totally! Saw it on Saturday and really enjoyed it. It felt like an actual Star Wars film, and I walked out of the cinema with a big goofy grin on my face - as opposed to walking out of the cinema at the end of all three prequels with a confused expression and a nagging feeling of "That was good... wasn't it? I mean it was Star Wars, so it was... good?"
Native :australia:
Fluent :newzealand: :uk: :usa: :canada: (Yes, I realise that's cheating)
Might remember some in an emergency :italy:
Understands the concept, just not the specifics :vaticancity:

:chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21:

:A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

⁂ Iron fisted ruler of Caversham Airfield ⁂ Sigrun isn't immune, t

Noodles

• Tumblr
  • *flops*
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them
« Reply #13156 on: December 28, 2015, 03:56:42 AM »
I agree totally! Saw it on Saturday and really enjoyed it. It felt like an actual Star Wars film, and I walked out of the cinema with a big goofy grin on my face - as opposed to walking out of the cinema at the end of all three prequels with a confused expression and a nagging feeling of "That was good... wasn't it? I mean it was Star Wars, so it was... good?"
I haven't seen any other Star Warses in cinema, but I know the feeling you're talking about. I agree.
I'll do art-swaps and beta-reads, PM me!
Native: :usa:
Can make a fool of myself, but comprehensibly: :france:
Write a little Sindarin (working on that)
Wish-list: ASL, :sweden:, :norway:
Chapter break survivor: :book2::book3::book4::A2chap01::A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #13157 on: December 28, 2015, 05:26:51 AM »
Mystery of the morning: arriving to the workplace, finding the shop sprinkled with gold glitter throughout. It took me about half an hour to realize that the last customers before Yule - a grandma and her grandchild who arrived ten minutes after the shop had already closed - were probably behind it. As I remember the piece that needed framing had a heavy amount of glitter glued on, it must have fallen around a bit while they were browsing. Anyone have any good ideas on how to clean it up most efficiently? I don't have a vacuum cleaner and this stuff is everywhere...
Speak: :finland: :iceland: :uk: :icelandic sheepdog:
Butchering at every try: :sweden:
Learning: :japan:
Wishlist: :norway:

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

Rabbit

• Retired Moderator
  • Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • pocket gremlin
  • Preferred pronouns: he/she/they/it
« Reply #13158 on: December 28, 2015, 08:10:34 AM »
Anyone have any good ideas on how to clean it up most efficiently? I don't have a vacuum cleaner and this stuff is everywhere...

Roll some masking tape around your hand with the sticky side out and dab at whatever you can't brush?
proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society

:finland: :uk: :japan: :sweden: :germany:
:chap4: :chap5:
:chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11:
:chap12: :chap13: :chap14:

Avatar courtesy of the mighty starfallz

urbicande

• --.- .-. .-.. ..--..
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him/his
« Reply #13159 on: December 28, 2015, 10:00:52 AM »
Mystery of the morning: arriving to the workplace, finding the shop sprinkled with gold glitter throughout. It took me about half an hour to realize that the last customers before Yule - a grandma and her grandchild who arrived ten minutes after the shop had already closed - were probably behind it. As I remember the piece that needed framing had a heavy amount of glitter glued on, it must have fallen around a bit while they were browsing. Anyone have any good ideas on how to clean it up most efficiently? I don't have a vacuum cleaner and this stuff is everywhere...

Just live with it. Glitter is one of those things that sticks around forever.
Keep an eye on me. I shimmer on horizons.

Survivor: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: / :book2:   :chap13:   :chap14:  :chap15: :chap16: / :book3:  :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:  :chap21: / :book4:

:A2chap01:

Fluent:  :usa: :uk: :canada:
Basic conversation:  :france: :germany:
Learning: :sweden: :finland:
A couple of words:  :spain: :italy:

starfallz

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • MiSSSSionary
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #13160 on: December 28, 2015, 10:18:50 AM »
Ooo! I'd be interested, but I have no clue when the next time I'll be able to buy yarn will be. : / nor am I sure where I can get true wool yarn. (Without an hour long car ride)

Well, this would be me getting the yarn and knitting the mittens, and then sending them to the person who bought them the yarn. This is because I need to figure out the gauge and measurements of the mittens for the final pattern. I'd be ordering yarns from online.
Fluent: :usa: Rusty: :japan: Uh, what? :sweden:
Chapter Break Survivor: :artd: : :chap5: :book2: :book3: :book4: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

Yuuago

• Tumblr
  • Well, there's still hope in this world.
  • Preferred pronouns: He/etc
« Reply #13161 on: December 28, 2015, 10:22:30 AM »

Damp paper towel? On the stuff that can get damp, anyway. Also, lint roller? If there's one around. Rabbit's suggestion of tape is good too.

You're going to be finding that stuff for weeks, I'm sure. Glitter sticks.
Journal | Tumblr | Fic Archive
Og kring meg i myrket/snøar og snøar det. - Olav H. Hauge

urbicande

• --.- .-. .-.. ..--..
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him/his
« Reply #13162 on: December 28, 2015, 10:43:26 AM »
You're going to be finding that stuff for weeks, I'm sure. Glitter sticks.

s/weeks/years/
Keep an eye on me. I shimmer on horizons.

Survivor: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: / :book2:   :chap13:   :chap14:  :chap15: :chap16: / :book3:  :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:  :chap21: / :book4:

:A2chap01:

Fluent:  :usa: :uk: :canada:
Basic conversation:  :france: :germany:
Learning: :sweden: :finland:
A couple of words:  :spain: :italy:

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #13163 on: December 28, 2015, 11:06:20 AM »
Laufey vs. glitter 1-3

Sweeping proved useless. The stuff just gets stuck in the bristles and spreads everywhere. Rabbit's idea worked well but problem is I can't get everywhere with the tape, and trying to wipe it away with a damp rag just sorta glued it to the table... also a note, don't try to get rid of glitter by blasting it with an air pressure gun, the stuff floats for a long time and gets in the hair...
Speak: :finland: :iceland: :uk: :icelandic sheepdog:
Butchering at every try: :sweden:
Learning: :japan:
Wishlist: :norway:

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

viola

• Hel
  • Conqueror of an Abandoned City
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #13164 on: December 28, 2015, 11:13:18 AM »
Laufey vs. glitter 1-3

Sweeping proved useless. The stuff just gets stuck in the bristles and spreads everywhere. Rabbit's idea worked well but problem is I can't get everywhere with the tape, and trying to wipe it away with a damp rag just sorta glued it to the table... also a note, don't try to get rid of glitter by blasting it with an air pressure gun, the stuff floats for a long time and gets in the hair...

We used to have a teacher in middle school who would rant to us about how much she hated glitter. She's mutter about it and bring it up every chance she got. She ended up being kinda known for it. It was pretty funny. "Ladies. Absolutly NO glitter."
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

DancingRanger

• Ranger
  • The forests surround me, and I am free.
  • Preferred pronouns: They/them or He/him
« Reply #13165 on: December 28, 2015, 12:05:12 PM »
Well, this would be me getting the yarn and knitting the mittens, and then sending them to the person who bought them the yarn. This is because I need to figure out the gauge and measurements of the mittens for the final pattern. I'd be ordering yarns from online.

Oh. I see. That makes more sense than what my brain was comming up with. silly brain depending on how much I could definitely be able to.
Profile pic made by this awsome lady www.porcelainbazooka.tumblr.com
Native :usa:
Little knowledge :germany: , :mexico: , :japan:
Want to learn :finland: , :wales: , and more

Chapter joined :chap5:
Survived :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

mithrysc

• Ranger
  • indefinite hiatus
« Reply #13166 on: December 28, 2015, 05:17:52 PM »
Also not quite sure where to ask this but...does anyone have a link to the wallpapers Minna released earlier this month? The wallpaper page was replaced by the comic page and now I can't find it. :/

Mélusine

« Reply #13167 on: December 28, 2015, 05:20:04 PM »
Also not quite sure where to ask this but...does anyone have a link to the wallpapers Minna released earlier this month? The wallpaper page was replaced by the comic page and now I can't find it. :/
Are you searching this ? https://gumroad.com/minnasundberg# or the link for the first wallpaper ?
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

mithrysc

• Ranger
  • indefinite hiatus
« Reply #13168 on: December 28, 2015, 05:22:28 PM »
Are you searching this ? https://gumroad.com/minnasundberg# or the link for the first wallpaper ?

The first one (that she released for free, because I am a poor student).

Mélusine

« Reply #13169 on: December 28, 2015, 05:27:32 PM »
The first one (that she released for free, because I am a poor student).
*Is poor too and trying to find the link because she had them on a Dropbox now* Don't move, I'm sending you a pm :)
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2: