Author Topic: General Discussion Thread  (Read 2411081 times)

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
Re: General Discussion Thread
« Reply #12975 on: December 16, 2015, 09:51:20 AM »
...some people are just completely inveterate pickfiddlers...

Pickfiddler is an amazing word. Brilliant, thank you, I have learned a new word today!

Now to go queue to the post office... yesterday was a chaos and a half, something I wouldn't have guessed even possible in a tiny little town such as this one. I'm trying to motivate myself by thinking that after this all cards are sent (with exception of one), be it by traditional mail or PM. I'd feel accomplished already but let's first see if I survive the mailing part. :P
Speak: :finland: :iceland: :uk: :icelandic sheepdog:
Butchering at every try: :sweden:
Learning: :japan:
Wishlist: :norway:

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

Yuuago

• Tumblr
  • Well, there's still hope in this world.
  • Preferred pronouns: He/etc
« Reply #12976 on: December 16, 2015, 09:52:50 AM »
Pickfiddler is an amazing word. Brilliant, thank you, I have learned a new word today!

Now to go queue to the post office... yesterday was a chaos and a half, something I wouldn't have guessed even possible in a tiny little town such as this one. I'm trying to motivate myself by thinking that after this all cards are sent (with exception of one), be it by traditional mail or PM. I'd feel accomplished already but let's first see if I survive the mailing part. :P

UGH the post at this time of year is totally crazy, not surprised at all that it's chaos over where you are too. Had to mail a thing on the weekend and I was in line for about an hour, whyyyy. But at least you'll be finished with that soon? '3'
Journal | Tumblr | Fic Archive
Og kring meg i myrket/snøar og snøar det. - Olav H. Hauge

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #12977 on: December 16, 2015, 10:03:32 AM »
UGH the post at this time of year is totally crazy, not surprised at all that it's chaos over where you are too. Had to mail a thing on the weekend and I was in line for about an hour, whyyyy. But at least you'll be finished with that soon? '3'

Bwahahah I got there exactly at the right time somehow! One person in queue in front of me but after I was done (and I swear I only took a few minutes) and turned around the office was full of people. All sympathies for post office queuing, it's one of the harshest Yule time sports. :-\
Speak: :finland: :iceland: :uk: :icelandic sheepdog:
Butchering at every try: :sweden:
Learning: :japan:
Wishlist: :norway:

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

viola

• Hel
  • Conqueror of an Abandoned City
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #12978 on: December 16, 2015, 05:49:42 PM »
Today I went for a walk in the snow without my jacket and it was wonderful and cold and snowing and I loved it.

*disappears back into studying hell*
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

Natalie

• Tumblr
  • I love all cute things
« Reply #12979 on: December 16, 2015, 09:11:20 PM »
Today I went for a walk in the snow without my jacket and it was wonderful and cold and snowing and I loved it.

*disappears back into studying hell*

I wish it could snow where I live, but right now I'm trapped in the most arid desert of the world in summer...
Well, at least we have our beautiful cordillera and there's snow in it :D (in winter...)

Good luck with your study!
Native: :spain: (chilean)
(almost) Fluent: :usa: :england:
Learning: :france:
Wishlist: :norway: :japan: :italy: :brazil: (I can understand brazilian portuguese but not speak it or write it)

OrigamiOwl

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
« Reply #12980 on: December 17, 2015, 05:48:32 AM »
AAAAAAAaaaAAa. I DID A BAD. I was outside tonight throwing golf balls around the garden for the cats to chase, and I threw a ball- underarm, pretty lightly- into the air...and it hit the ornamental rose/rock garden...and OH MY GOD, the HEIGHT, the CURVE, the SPEED. It rebounded like, really comically, and flew through the air...onto the iron roof of the HOUSE. OVER THE LIVING ROOM.
It was like CLANGCLANGCLANGCLANG- because it's corrugated iron, and I was just standing there like "Oh my god what have I done." and I'm PRETTY SURE it bounced into one of mum's topiary bushes...beacuse I heard a *bush rustle* sound....But I can't find it?? The bush has eaten it??
 But anyway, because of all the roof noise, the ENTIRE FAMILY all rushes to the various windows and doors on the east side of the house and they're all like "OWL WTF?!?!" and the cats are just jumping about going crazy because "rogue ball! flying prey!! where go?!" and I'm trying to be sensible and explain but I couldn't stop laughing because the whole situation was just so ridiculous.....
So...I'm pretty sure that it bounced off the roof. And not into the gutter...where it would roll down into a pipe and block up the water supply causing minor flooding and a major plumbing issue where we could have to dig up the pipes oh godddd
:artd: :book1+: :book2:
:chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16:

Róisín

• Traveller on the Bird's Path
  • Elder of the Ruined Realm
« Reply #12981 on: December 17, 2015, 08:31:30 AM »
So of course it's the cats' fault?
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

Natalie

• Tumblr
  • I love all cute things
« Reply #12982 on: December 17, 2015, 09:14:06 AM »
Wahahaha, I'm dying. I hope you find it.
Native: :spain: (chilean)
(almost) Fluent: :usa: :england:
Learning: :france:
Wishlist: :norway: :japan: :italy: :brazil: (I can understand brazilian portuguese but not speak it or write it)

Yuuago

• Tumblr
  • Well, there's still hope in this world.
  • Preferred pronouns: He/etc
« Reply #12983 on: December 17, 2015, 09:38:47 AM »
Sfffkkk... Oh, Owl. Oh, you :'D Imagining it and... yes. Well, I really hope you find it. < 3
Journal | Tumblr | Fic Archive
Og kring meg i myrket/snøar og snøar det. - Olav H. Hauge

urbicande

• --.- .-. .-.. ..--..
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him/his
« Reply #12984 on: December 17, 2015, 10:35:37 AM »
So of course it's the cats' fault?

Isn't *everything* the cat's fault?
Keep an eye on me. I shimmer on horizons.

Survivor: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: / :book2:   :chap13:   :chap14:  :chap15: :chap16: / :book3:  :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:  :chap21: / :book4:

:A2chap01:

Fluent:  :usa: :uk: :canada:
Basic conversation:  :france: :germany:
Learning: :sweden: :finland:
A couple of words:  :spain: :italy:

Haiz

• Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #12985 on: December 17, 2015, 11:49:42 AM »
ahaha, blessed felines, amirite?

hnnnn today is super foggy and dark and slushy and icy. great mood for Death Preparation i mean. uh. getting ready for my last exam tomorrow. which i am not too optimistic about. sighs.
you'll know where to find me.

viola

• Hel
  • Conqueror of an Abandoned City
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #12986 on: December 17, 2015, 12:14:17 PM »
ahaha, blessed felines, amirite?

hnnnn today is super foggy and dark and slushy and icy. great mood for Death Preparation i mean. uh. getting ready for my last exam tomorrow. which i am not too optimistic about. sighs.

Same. It snowed last night but now it's all melted and we have this thick fog which means it looks like it's dusk and it's only noon :( aaaand I have a 3 hour exam this evening.
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

Róisín

• Traveller on the Bird's Path
  • Elder of the Ruined Realm
« Reply #12987 on: December 17, 2015, 05:52:54 PM »
Whereas here it's 9am, 38C and getting hotter by the minute, and I have an interesting day of trying to not let my garden die combined with a bushfire alert. Trade you some weather? 

At least the heat has caused my Carrion Flower to blossom.
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #12988 on: December 17, 2015, 06:41:39 PM »
Hhhhhh, I just got through an exam. I was twenty minutes late, and so sleepy that I forgot basically everything. I also haven't even eaten a full meal today, maybe that had something to do with it :P
But I mean, the exam's over, so I can afford myself some happiness over that...

And I've got a ten page paper to write tonight!! Wish me luck >.>
« Last Edit: December 17, 2015, 06:54:06 PM by Piney »

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

mithrysc

• Ranger
  • indefinite hiatus
« Reply #12989 on: December 17, 2015, 08:27:25 PM »
Hhhhhh, I just got through an exam. I was twenty minutes late, and so sleepy that I forgot basically everything. I also haven't even eaten a full meal today, maybe that had something to do with it :P
But I mean, the exam's over, so I can afford myself some happiness over that...

And I've got a ten page paper to write tonight!! Wish me luck >.>

You can do it! (Also have some food, that would probably be good for you.)