Author Topic: General Discussion Thread  (Read 2411526 times)

Unlos

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
Re: General Discussion Thread
« Reply #12945 on: December 13, 2015, 03:32:47 AM »
Congratulations, Eich! You deserve a break!
Helia, transferred working days definitely would feel like cheating. And working weekends is no fun, nope nope (readying myself to go to workshop ATM so I feel your pain. Ugh, I want to stay at home!)

Keeper

• Ranger
  • Child of the Sun
« Reply #12946 on: December 13, 2015, 12:24:09 PM »
My mom and I are decorating the Christmas tree and we just found a bird's nest. A bird's nest in our Christmas tree. We got all our lights on it and a couple garlands and we were starting ornaments when I hear "Holy s---" and my mom says there's a birds nest in there!
Edit: My mom took a picture.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2015, 01:00:39 PM by Keeper »
:chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :book3: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :book4:

:A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04:

Mark my words, it's not quite what you thought.

Johannabelle

• Scout
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • less is more
« Reply #12947 on: December 13, 2015, 04:30:19 PM »
Edit: My mom took a picture.

Wow, what a surprise! Your tree already came with ornaments. Living ornaments.

So, a heck of a lot of good things happened yesterday but to sum it up I saw the mythbusters on their tour, which is basically one of my life goals I didn't know I had. It was sooo great. ;D Just to mention a few highlights, Adam sat on a bed of nails, a knife was lodged into Adam's arm(that part wasn't real, that was just worrying special effects), there was a paintball machine gun and also an explosion montage which shook the whole theater. Which made me wonder how soundproof the theater was? There was a ballet going on in the other theater the building had.

The highlight of the night though, was the fact that Jamie was less than 7 FEET away from me! It was amazing! He sat in the audience and it was like a where's waldo situation, where everyone looks at the stage and acts normal while Adam takes a picture, and then we all point at Jamie and Adam takes another picture.

If you don't know what he looks like, Jamie is the one in the middle of the picture that everyone's pointing at, the one in the white shirt and beret(as always). My hand is the one in the bottom left corner, with the teal sleeve.

I would talk more but I'll cut this off while I still can. XD
❄~Lurks and sometimes draws~❄
Fluent: :us: | Someday: :ru:

:chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21::A2chap01::A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:

Haiz

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #12948 on: December 13, 2015, 04:36:07 PM »
The highlight of the night though, was the fact that Jamie was less than 7 FEET away from me! It was amazing! He sat in the audience and it was like a where's waldo situation, where everyone looks at the stage and acts normal while Adam takes a picture, and then we all point at Jamie and Adam takes another picture.

THERE HE IS
THE BERET WALRUS

aaa i didnt know mythbusters had tours im so jealous, but it sounds like you had lotsa fun!!
you'll know where to find me.

Johannabelle

• Scout
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • less is more
« Reply #12949 on: December 13, 2015, 04:44:21 PM »
THERE HE IS
THE BERET WALRUS
aaa i didnt know mythbusters had tours im so jealous, but it sounds like you had lotsa fun!!
It was funny because when Adam was explaining he said "We like to play a game similar to where's walrus- WALDO, where's waldo."

And I didn't know either! I heard about it on the radio a couple weeks ago, and it was just really good timing that we were able to buy tickets. Oh, and I definitely had lotsa fun. :P
❄~Lurks and sometimes draws~❄
Fluent: :us: | Someday: :ru:

:chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21::A2chap01::A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
« Reply #12950 on: December 13, 2015, 05:10:58 PM »
That's a very poor assumption, since all indications are that you're not.
Thank. Complicated days. One day I'll learn to recognize clues about this state of mind and remember that it's not true.
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Purple Wyrm

• The Bombay Sausage of 2018!
  • Preferred pronouns: He/Him/Dat Fing
« Reply #12951 on: December 13, 2015, 06:55:36 PM »
I saw the Mythbusters a while back. It was a great show, even though I was in the very last row.
Native :australia:
Fluent :newzealand: :uk: :usa: :canada: (Yes, I realise that's cheating)
Might remember some in an emergency :italy:
Understands the concept, just not the specifics :vaticancity:

:chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21:

:A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

⁂ Iron fisted ruler of Caversham Airfield ⁂ Sigrun isn't immune, t

viola

• Hel
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #12952 on: December 13, 2015, 08:07:12 PM »
I saw the Mythbusters a while back. It was a great show, even though I was in the very last row.

Ooohh! I saw that show too a few years ago. It was so cool to see Adam and Jamie in person. They're so goofy :P
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #12953 on: December 14, 2015, 08:35:07 AM »
Today's accomplishment is that the second batch of cards is sent, one more to go! Now if I can manage to pull my socks up I'll get the last ones on their way tomorrow...
Speak: :finland: :iceland: :uk: :icelandic sheepdog:
Butchering at every try: :sweden:
Learning: :japan:
Wishlist: :norway:

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

Daéa Reina

• Tumblr
  • well, I'm trying
« Reply #12954 on: December 14, 2015, 10:03:43 AM »
Johannabelle: Aaaa, this is amazing!! :O
I was (still am) a huge fan of Mythbusters, and I'm so jealous of all you people who got to see them live.
native :brazil:  |  decent :usa: :spain:  |  wants to learn :germany: :finland: :france:

I'm a survivor: :artd: :book1+: (-1) :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

"There's no better place on earth than the road that leads to Heaven."

LordoftheThings

• Tumblr
  • what's a "forum"? can I eat it?
  • Preferred pronouns: She/Her
« Reply #12955 on: December 14, 2015, 04:38:04 PM »
Quick question cause idk where else to ask: does the forum have a homework help thread? cause I could really use one rn o~o
Native: :usa:
Know a Little: :france:
Need to work on learning: :iceland:
I have the rosetta stone why Don't I know this: :netherlands:

Over the Hills and Faraway
For ten long years he'll count the days
Over the mountains, and the seas
A prisoners life for him there'll be

mithrysc

• Ranger
  • indefinite hiatus
« Reply #12956 on: December 14, 2015, 04:53:29 PM »
Quick question cause idk where else to ask: does the forum have a homework help thread? cause I could really use one rn o~o

There's an academic help thread over here.

Mélusine

« Reply #12957 on: December 14, 2015, 04:58:50 PM »
The chat doesn't want to allow me to connect or to stay more than ten minutes ? *Looks at her needles* Okay, I got the message.
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Sc0ut

• Tumblr
« Reply #12958 on: December 14, 2015, 05:36:21 PM »
So I saw this, liked it, and thought about you people on this forum: http://pulptastic.com/happens-sing-800-year-old-icelandic-hymn-train-station/

(I thought about sharing it in the "music in your language" thread but since it's not my language I decided not to)

viola

• Hel
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #12959 on: December 14, 2015, 05:42:21 PM »
So I saw this, liked it, and thought about you people on this forum: http://pulptastic.com/happens-sing-800-year-old-icelandic-hymn-train-station/

(I thought about sharing it in the "music in your language" thread but since it's not my language I decided not to)

Ahahahahahaha it's Árstíðir you don't understand how much I love this band they're amazing I can't even. I wrote a 20 page paper about icelandic traditional music and this was one of my sources.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2015, 06:50:12 PM by Feartheviolas »
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help