Author Topic: General Discussion Thread  (Read 2410832 times)

Jethan

• Ranger
  • Lurker and Forum Gamer
Re: General Discussion Thread
« Reply #12735 on: December 02, 2015, 09:50:44 PM »
okay so a while back we got another guinea pig to go with our current boy,Calico Jack (we just call him Jack), and now that quarantine is over we've started introducing them

Today was their first meeting, and it went fairly well. Bandit was just a bit overly friendly,while Jack is just so mellow he didn't care

The funny thing is, now that they've been back in their cages for a while (which are now side by side) Bandit has Not Stopped Wheeking.
The poor guy keeps wheeking and wheeking and clambering all along the cage wall to find a way to be with Jack
He's not acting aggressive at all so we suspect Bandit is just lonely after being in quarantine for a month without any other guinea pigs.

Aw, they sound cute!  ^-^
An innate goofball who wanted to be elegant and composed.  That ain't happening.

Johannabelle

• Scout
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • less is more
« Reply #12736 on: December 02, 2015, 10:20:27 PM »
Well, today was an adventure. I've actually never been out to a christmas tree lot before! We went out to a christmas tree lot, and my mom and I sawed down a smallish christmas tree, about 4 feet tall. My sister didn't find one she liked there so we decided to just go to a store that we knew had decent trees. So we get to the store, find a tree we liked outside(about 6 feet tall), and pay for it inside. It's going pretty well so far, but since my sister is pregnant it was up to my mom and I to lug the tree on top of the car. We got it up there alright, but it was definitely... off-center. Pretty far forward too. My dad gave us a weird crank tie thing earlier and after we got it up over the tree no one could figure out how to tighten it.  :-\ So, mom goes inside to buy rope while sister and I stay outside and try to find the chocolate we bought earlier. We couldn't.

Eventually we got the tree secure enough on the car, and after that it was just driving home and setting it up in my sister's house. Unfortunately the tree had a nail in the bottom of it so that it could be attached to a board to help stand the tree up(the board is actually completely useless and just makes everything harder because there's a nail in the tree). This made it hard to set up in the tree stand, but we got that figured out sufficiently enough eventually. I don't think we are setting up our tiny tree tonight. :P
❄~Lurks and sometimes draws~❄
Fluent: :us: | Someday: :ru:

:chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21::A2chap01::A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:

mithrysc

• Ranger
  • indefinite hiatus
« Reply #12737 on: December 02, 2015, 10:41:54 PM »
Well, today was an adventure. I've actually never been out to a christmas tree lot before! We went out to a christmas tree lot, and my mom and I sawed down a smallish christmas tree, about 4 feet tall. My sister didn't find one she liked there so we decided to just go to a store that we knew had decent trees. So we get to the store, find a tree we liked outside(about 6 feet tall), and pay for it inside. It's going pretty well so far, but since my sister is pregnant it was up to my mom and I to lug the tree on top of the car. We got it up there alright, but it was definitely... off-center. Pretty far forward too. My dad gave us a weird crank tie thing earlier and after we got it up over the tree no one could figure out how to tighten it.  :-\ So, mom goes inside to buy rope while sister and I stay outside and try to find the chocolate we bought earlier. We couldn't.

Eventually we got the tree secure enough on the car, and after that it was just driving home and setting it up in my sister's house. Unfortunately the tree had a nail in the bottom of it so that it could be attached to a board to help stand the tree up(the board is actually completely useless and just makes everything harder because there's a nail in the tree). This made it hard to set up in the tree stand, but we got that figured out sufficiently enough eventually. I don't think we are setting up our tiny tree tonight. :P

Christmas tree adventures (And mysterious disappearing chocolate)! We have an artificial tree, so I've never had the experience of lugging small trees to (and onto) cars. I'm not sure whether or not this is a bad thing.

Johannabelle

• Scout
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • less is more
« Reply #12738 on: December 02, 2015, 10:47:33 PM »
Christmas tree adventures (And mysterious disappearing chocolate)! We have an artificial tree, so I've never had the experience of lugging small trees to (and onto) cars. I'm not sure whether or not this is a bad thing.
Haha, it's probably a good thing. We've had artificial trees the past couple years, but since my sister wanted to go and cut down a tree for herself we figured we'd get one too. It sure is an experience though! Messing around with a tree in a parking lot while it get progressively darker outside for an hour is just so fun!  ::) And the part once you get home is just as fun.

Oh, and I just found the chocolate! We went shopping today for ornaments and other stuff so we had a lot of bags, and it was hidden between clothes in a bag.

:chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21::A2chap01::A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #12739 on: December 02, 2015, 10:51:29 PM »
Haha, it's probably a good thing. We've had artificial trees the past couple years, but since my sister wanted to go and cut down a tree for herself we figured we'd get one too. It sure is an experience though! Messing around with a tree in a parking lot while it get progressively darker outside for an hour is just so fun!  ::) And the part once you get home is just as fun.

Oh, and I just found the chocolate! We went shopping today for ornaments and other stuff so we had a lot of bags, and it was hidden between clothes in a bag.
Yay for finding chocolate! 

And Johannabelle, I don't know if you noticed but there are Promotion Celebrations in your honor going on over on that thread, now that you've become a Safe-Zone Citizen.

When is your sister's baby due?
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

Johannabelle

• Scout
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • less is more
« Reply #12740 on: December 02, 2015, 11:02:10 PM »
The chocolate is delicious. XD And thank you for telling me! I was not aware. I'll head right over.

I'm faaairly certain she is due in April, though I may be wrong. Everyone has pretty much bought an entire wardrobe for the baby already.

Róisín

• Traveller on the Bird's Path
  • Elder of the Ruined Realm
« Reply #12741 on: December 03, 2015, 12:11:04 AM »
Good luck for your sister's baby, Johannabelle! And congrats on citizenship!
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

Unlos

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
« Reply #12742 on: December 03, 2015, 07:32:28 AM »
Watch this person who has been driving with automatic for five years (and before that, well, driving was sort of really not a habit. Passing trailers on the road made me want to cry, but yeah it's a lot better now) try to remember how to gear correctly on only three hours of sleep!
Heee, it didn't go that bad, and was only slightly bumpy in the roundabout! How far and how often was I supposed to use the clutch, again?

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #12743 on: December 03, 2015, 07:46:44 AM »
Watch this person who has been driving with automatic for five years (and before that, well, driving was sort of really not a habit. Passing trailers on the road made me want to cry, but yeah it's a lot better now) try to remember how to gear correctly on only three hours of sleep!
Heee, it didn't go that bad, and was only slightly bumpy in the roundabout! How far and how often was I supposed to use the clutch, again?

Pffffftttttt for added difficulty levels try driving a 2CV, the gears are in a different order than normally. One of the funniest moments around that car was watching a vehicle inspector try to drive it for a bit, which basically went "ooops reversing, ok he got it now" *boing* "nope" *boing - boing - HRRNNNN* "haha he skipped one" *boing*. He gave up quickly, possibly thinking he wasn't being paid enough to do that with us smiling happily at him all the while.
Speak: :finland: :iceland: :uk: :icelandic sheepdog:
Butchering at every try: :sweden:
Learning: :japan:
Wishlist: :norway:

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

viola

• Hel
  • Conqueror of an Abandoned City
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #12744 on: December 03, 2015, 07:53:42 AM »

Oddly enough, I dreamt about driving manual cars all night last night.
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

Rabbit

• Retired Moderator
  • Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • pocket gremlin
  • Preferred pronouns: he/she/they/it
« Reply #12745 on: December 03, 2015, 08:17:21 AM »

Heh, conversely you'd have a hard time getting me to drive an automatic! They are a mystery to me, I don't think I've ever even seen one o_o How do they even work? What are you supposed to do when you're driving?

Oddly enough, I dreamt about driving manual cars all night last night.

I fell back asleep after checking the update and dreamed that Minna decided to post the rest of the chapter all at once to be done with it and have more time for the books AND NOW I CAN'T REMEMBER HOW IT ENDED ANYMORE >A<
« Last Edit: December 03, 2015, 08:20:40 AM by Rabbit »
proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society

:finland: :uk: :japan: :sweden: :germany:
:chap4: :chap5:
:chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11:
:chap12: :chap13: :chap14:

Avatar courtesy of the mighty starfallz

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #12746 on: December 03, 2015, 08:57:41 AM »

I can live with that.

What the heck, that's the weirdest art-prompt  ;D Captain Valhalla versus Maroon Milkmaid: Grand Theft Confectionery. Coming soon to a Marvel movie near you!

Heh, conversely you'd have a hard time getting me to drive an automatic! They are a mystery to me, I don't think I've ever even seen one o_o How do they even work?

Black magic.

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #12747 on: December 03, 2015, 09:17:57 AM »
What the heck, that's the weirdest art-prompt  ;D Captain Valhalla versus Maroon Milkmaid: Grand Theft Confectionery. Coming soon to a Marvel movie near you!

LOOK HERE YOU that's a Finnish style Medieval dress! I'm just being, uh, Laufey/Louhi. The... jötunn kind. Rather known for having a really straight-forward attitude towards things she wants to have.
Speak: :finland: :iceland: :uk: :icelandic sheepdog:
Butchering at every try: :sweden:
Learning: :japan:
Wishlist: :norway:

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
« Reply #12748 on: December 03, 2015, 10:18:26 AM »
Exactly 124 iced biscuits later, I deserve a cup of tea, isn't it ?
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

DancingRanger

• Ranger
  • The forests surround me, and I am free.
  • Preferred pronouns: They/them or He/him
« Reply #12749 on: December 03, 2015, 10:30:08 AM »
Exactly 124 iced biscuits later, I deserve a cup of tea, isn't it ?

Yes, most definitely. *hands cup of tea*
Profile pic made by this awsome lady www.porcelainbazooka.tumblr.com
Native :usa:
Little knowledge :germany: , :mexico: , :japan:
Want to learn :finland: , :wales: , and more

Chapter joined :chap5:
Survived :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: