Author Topic: General Discussion Thread  (Read 2411084 times)

LordoftheThings

• Tumblr
  • what's a "forum"? can I eat it?
  • Preferred pronouns: She/Her
Re: General Discussion Thread
« Reply #12645 on: November 29, 2015, 12:38:50 AM »
ok so!! if you've talked to me at all in the past couple of days you'd know that i have gotten my wisdom teeth out! all four at once. (to those who have talked to me and had to put up with my complaining: i'm so sorry)

i wasn't THAT loopy on the anaesthesia but the pain meds did throw me a little off and i did some funky things? i was definitely. slightly confused. as i was waking up the nurse asked me if i wanted to keep my teeth and in my foggy state i thought she meant the teeth in my mouth at that exact moment so of course i said yes.
well
today i see this little white bag on my table?? i go to pick it up because what's this!! it's small and cute!! is this Anime Merch i should be putting on my computer?

I have to get my wisdom teeth all taken out sometime soon
I am not looking forward to it, and I'm def not keeping the buggers
Or at least I'll Try not to
Native: :usa:
Know a Little: :france:
Need to work on learning: :iceland:
I have the rosetta stone why Don't I know this: :netherlands:

Over the Hills and Faraway
For ten long years he'll count the days
Over the mountains, and the seas
A prisoners life for him there'll be

viola

• Hel
  • Conqueror of an Abandoned City
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #12646 on: November 29, 2015, 12:43:49 AM »
Totally random and off topic but LordoftheThings I just noticed your personal text and I love it XD.

if you eat the forum I will eat you
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

Piney

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #12647 on: November 29, 2015, 12:54:18 AM »
The equivalent for me would be undersides of desks. Every time I need to reach an outlet or something tucked away under/behind a desk I end up whacking my head.

And for me that would be the metal support beam on my loft bed - it's about a half inch too low for me to walk under it without whamming my head :P

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

Yuuago

• Tumblr
  • Well, there's still hope in this world.
  • Preferred pronouns: He/etc
« Reply #12648 on: November 29, 2015, 12:55:43 AM »
ok so!! if you've talked to me at all in the past couple of days you'd know that i have gotten my wisdom teeth out! all four at once. (to those who have talked to me and had to put up with my complaining: i'm so sorry)

i wasn't THAT loopy on the anaesthesia but the pain meds did throw me a little off and i did some funky things? i was definitely. slightly confused. as i was waking up the nurse asked me if i wanted to keep my teeth and in my foggy state i thought she meant the teeth in my mouth at that exact moment so of course i said yes.
well
today i see this little white bag on my table?? i go to pick it up because what's this!! it's small and cute!! is this Anime Merch i should be putting on my computer?
Spoiler: kiinda icky • show

nO IT'S NOT!! I REPEAT!! IT IS NOT!! IT IS FOUR BLOODY GOREY TEETH WITH DRIED BLOOD AND ICK ON THEM AND I WAS NOT EXPECTING THAT AT ALL

I don't know what I'm going to use these for? Am I just going to keep them for reference?? what kidn of reference would I need these for? somebody said I should clean them and have them made into jewelry or something but that's a Little Weird >_>

Oh my gosh, Curry. xD I kind of feel sorry for laughing but FFFFF

Would just throw them out, if it were me, because seriously, eew.

High-five four getting all four out at once, though. JUST GET IT OVER WITH... lucky you, being able to get loopy during the process. I... could not. :'T
Journal | Tumblr | Fic Archive
Og kring meg i myrket/snøar og snøar det. - Olav H. Hauge

Róisín

• Traveller on the Bird's Path
  • Elder of the Ruined Realm
« Reply #12649 on: November 29, 2015, 12:57:43 AM »
I'm with the Clean-them-and-make-jewellery suggestors. Might look pretty.
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

LordoftheThings

• Tumblr
« Reply #12650 on: November 29, 2015, 01:16:48 AM »
if you eat the forum I will eat you

Don't worry, I licked it and concluded it just tasted vaguely electric-y and not very appetizing ;P

viola

• Hel
  • Conqueror of an Abandoned City
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #12651 on: November 29, 2015, 02:39:43 AM »
Don't worry, I licked it and concluded it just tasted vaguely electric-y and not very appetizing ;P

* Feartheviolas eyes LordoftheThings suspiciously, then puts out a trail of cookies leading to the icelandic thread
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

LordoftheThings

• Tumblr
« Reply #12652 on: November 29, 2015, 03:01:23 AM »
* Feartheviolas eyes LordoftheThings suspiciously, then puts out a trail of cookies leading to the icelandic thread

... I am intrigued ...

Gwenno

• Valkyrie
  • Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Be the change you wish to see
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #12653 on: November 29, 2015, 05:00:38 AM »

well
Spoiler: kiinda icky • show

nO IT'S NOT!! I REPEAT!! IT IS NOT!! IT IS FOUR BLOODY GOREY TEETH WITH DRIED BLOOD AND ICK ON THEM AND I WAS NOT EXPECTING THAT AT ALL

I don't know what I'm going to use these for? Am I just going to keep them for reference?? what kidn of reference would I need these for? somebody said I should clean them and have them made into jewelry or something but that's a Little Weird >_>

I'm with the Clean-them-and-make-jewellery suggestors. Might look pretty.

I totally did that!!!!!!! When I had some teeth taken out (for braces) I asked my dentist to drill holes in them and now I have a beautiful teeth (and shells) necklace. Some people were a tad freaked out, but I bleached them right after getting them removed so there wasn't any gross fleshy bits  :)) I initially even used some dental floss as string! Sadly, this piece of pure beauty is back in Wales at the moment, but if you did decide to turn them to bling it can be a pretty cool accessory. Oh, and if there's ever an awkward silence you can just bring out your teeth jewellery and you've got a brand new conversation started right there :P
You're a fool if you dance or not so you might as well dance

Fluent: :wls: :gb:
駄洒落だけ: :jp:
Working on it :nl:
Tourist level: :es: :fr: :it:

Chapter break survivor : :artd: :book1+: :book2: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14:
Soulcount: 10

proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society
Roleplay doc

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #12654 on: November 29, 2015, 05:07:40 AM »
Oh, and if there's ever an awkward silence you can just bring out your teeth jewellery and you've got a brand new conversation started right there :P

That's a beautiful idea and makes me sad I didn't think to ask for my wisdom teeth when they were extracted:

"Did I already show you this? Grew them myself!"
Speak: :finland: :iceland: :uk: :icelandic sheepdog:
Butchering at every try: :sweden:
Learning: :japan:
Wishlist: :norway:

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

OrigamiOwl

« Reply #12655 on: November 29, 2015, 05:14:18 AM »
lucky you, being able to get loopy during the process. I... could not. :'T
Same... I just..cried uncontrollably and quietly for over an hour until the nurses were like e__e. Immediately after I woke up the nurse was like "do you want an icecream?" and I was like "Um, not right at this second no?? Maybe later?" and I never got it. That grudge will be held forever.

Also, I went outside today. for recreation and not work. My back has finally recovered somewhat! It can move! I still have skin coming off my hands from where semi-blister things happened so that's kind of a nuisance because I don't like having rough-rough hands -__-

http://imgur.com/a/79rVa

Is this the right thread....
:artd: :book1+: :book2:
:chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16:

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #12656 on: November 29, 2015, 05:22:52 AM »

1 take a pack of mince meat, roll it into a ball
2 cut a horizontal slit into it on the middle
3 insert teeth into slit, two on top and two on the bottom

Taa daa, troll pacman, tooth-blorp edition.

OrigamiOwl

« Reply #12657 on: November 29, 2015, 05:29:58 AM »
1 take a pack of mince meat, roll it into a ball
2 cut a horizontal slit into it on the middle
3 insert teeth into slit, two on top and two on the bottom

Taa daa, troll pacman, tooth-blorp edition.
Ohhhhh that actually happened to my little sister once. She found a molar in her fish. XD

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #12658 on: November 29, 2015, 05:36:06 AM »
Ohhhhh that actually happened to my little sister once. She found a molar in her fish. XD

This sounds like there's a great story behind it...
Speak: :finland: :iceland: :uk: :icelandic sheepdog:
Butchering at every try: :sweden:
Learning: :japan:
Wishlist: :norway:

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

OrigamiOwl

« Reply #12659 on: November 29, 2015, 05:56:23 AM »
This sounds like there's a great story behind it...
Sadly it doesnt ;-; it was pretty chill. Like, we were all sitting down for dinner at the beach, and we were eating stuff we'd caught that day, and my sister just nudged me in the arm and pointed to it on her plate with her fork and we were both like O__O "better not mention this while everyone is eating"
The end. ,,,,,but....yeah.. a mystery.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2015, 05:59:35 AM by OrigamiOwl »