Author Topic: General Discussion Thread  (Read 2387492 times)

Keeper

• Ranger
  • Child of the Sun
Re: General Discussion Thread
« Reply #12300 on: November 16, 2015, 05:58:02 PM »
EDIT: the forum post count is getting really close to 77,777!!! it'll probably happen while i'm asleep ha ha ha sobs

Oooh, and you're awful close to 3333! ;)
:chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :book3: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :book4:

:A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04:

Mark my words, it's not quite what you thought.

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #12301 on: November 16, 2015, 05:58:25 PM »
I don't have much to contribute with there, except for this one time when I was studying in England. I found a pair of abandoned jeans in a remote, empty hallway on the top floor of the library while exploring. Sounds lame I know, but the X-files theme sure was playing in my head on that otherwise boring day.

The only unusual thing I ever found in a library was a thin slice of sausage that someone had possibly used as a bookmark (ew).

but that's hardly weirder than someone fanmailing me the entire script of the bee movie, so I'm just rolling with it.

Some Person on this forum once PMd me the whole script of the bee movie...
Speak: :finland: :iceland: :uk: :icelandic sheepdog:
Butchering at every try: :sweden:
Learning: :japan:
Wishlist: :norway:

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #12302 on: November 16, 2015, 06:00:10 PM »
tumblr has got rid of the "fanmail" feature now, but for a while it was possible to send messages with no length limit to people. for some reason, people kept sending eachother the script of the bee movie. it's a meme now. it happened to me.

There's a bee movie?

Haiz

• Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #12303 on: November 16, 2015, 06:01:56 PM »
Oooh, and you're awful close to 3333! ;)
I KNOW it's exciting. I managed to forget my own 2222 when it happened but this time I WILL NOT FORGET

that was HILARIOUS and also REVENGE- i mean hah ahahaha who would do that

There's a bee movie?
indeed. an animated movie by dreamworks called "the bee movie". it's....... it sure is something

oh there's the aaaAAaAaa anon again. are they a forum person. did they see my post. reveal thyself
you'll know where to find me.

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #12304 on: November 16, 2015, 06:03:26 PM »
There's a bee movie?

Alas, yes. "Barry B. Benson, a bee just graduated from college, is disillusioned at his lone career choice: making honey. On a special trip outside the hive, Barry's life is saved by Vanessa, a florist in New York City. As their relationship blossoms, he discovers humans actually eat honey, and subsequently decides to sue them."

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

Haiz

• Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #12305 on: November 16, 2015, 06:07:00 PM »
Alas, yes. "Barry B. Benson, a bee just graduated from college, is disillusioned at his lone career choice: making honey. On a special trip outside the hive, Barry's life is saved by Vanessa, a florist in New York City. As their relationship blossoms, he discovers humans actually eat honey, and subsequently decides to sue them."
if anyone wants the script I can PM you ^______~
you'll know where to find me.

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #12306 on: November 16, 2015, 06:09:30 PM »

So... it's like the flowers and the bees (literally) with a touch of courtroom drama? I think I can find better ways to spend two hours +/-

No. I mean no thanks.

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #12307 on: November 16, 2015, 06:11:26 PM »

So... it's like the flowers and the bees (literally) with a touch of courtroom drama? I think I can find better ways to spend two hours +/-

Plus a human lady that falls in love with a bee. That's usually the thing people worry about the most when it comes to this movie.

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
« Reply #12308 on: November 16, 2015, 06:12:00 PM »
my Most Mysterious Unsolved Mystery in life so far is the anonymous cupcake gift sender. Someone kept sending me cupcake-themed gifts (a tank top in my size, cupcake forms, and a pen), almost always a year apart, and often with a piece of paper with a < 3 drawn in glitter pen on it. It was at a time in life where everyone i knew either 1) disliked me, or 2) would never ever touch a glitter pen and had a huge dislike for the < 3 way of drawing hearts. it's been six years and I still have no idea who it might've been.
It's reminding me the day I discovered a poem and a rose icon in my university student e-mail box... I might have discovered who it was if I hadn't reacted like that. Maybe.
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #12309 on: November 16, 2015, 07:01:30 PM »

Plus a human lady that falls in love with a bee. That's usually the thing people worry about the most when it comes to this movie.

The cross-species romance, as opposed to the transgendering of worker bees?  http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/InsectGenderBender
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #12310 on: November 16, 2015, 07:08:53 PM »

The cross-species romance, as opposed to the transgendering of worker bees?  http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/InsectGenderBender

I'm having a little moment here where something that never occurred to me at all is suddenly pointed out, I never realized that about the worker bees! It's like trying to find Waldo and he's not even in the book, he's holding it for you. :D

starfallz

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • MiSSSSionary
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #12311 on: November 16, 2015, 08:41:31 PM »
And yes, I'm still around! Facing midterms (I'm currently trying to ignore a three-page-paper due tomorrow and a five-page-paper due the day after and a three-page-paper due two days after that), but so far surviving!

I wanted to say HI! Glad you are surviving! Sounds like you have a great living situation set up as well. :)
Fluent: :usa: Rusty: :japan: Uh, what? :sweden:
Chapter Break Survivor: :artd: : :chap5: :book2: :book3: :book4: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

OrigamiOwl

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
« Reply #12312 on: November 16, 2015, 09:29:23 PM »
Today I wondered into the shop in the city, and saw this really cute dress. I don't usually do dresses, but I liked this one. It was dark green-black with dark floral patterns and roses and stuff. It was sensible and nice. I liked.
And, there was one in my size!!!!!! Which is a miracle because some brands don't make stuff that big <_<
So I go try it on. It fits. It's really nice. I've got the back zip nearly done up and then it won't budge. It refuses to zip.
TURNS OUT, EVERYTHING ELSE FITS BUT NOT MY chest. I just. Why. Whyyyyyyyy. I had so much hope.
Spoiler: show
:artd: :book1+: :book2:
:chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16:

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #12313 on: November 16, 2015, 10:50:21 PM »
Today's class was interesting. Our professor was away in Denmark, and our sub was an alumnus of the college who - get this - went to the same magnet school I did back in Virginia. (This guy, if anyone's curious. He also mentioned making a film for Sigur Rós, and that caught my attention of course. ::))

But more importantly, I brought aRTD to class, since we were told to bring in comics to talk about. I didn't go on an ad pitch for the comic, but that was really because I didn't need to because pretty much everyone was marveling over the book saying how pretty it was and everything. I left it on my desk and caught some people reading it while we were talking about other classmates' stuff. I think I did my job. 8)

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

Yuuago

• Tumblr
  • Well, there's still hope in this world.
  • Preferred pronouns: He/etc
« Reply #12314 on: November 16, 2015, 11:35:08 PM »
But more importantly, I brought aRTD to class, since we were told to bring in comics to talk about. I didn't go on an ad pitch for the comic, but that was really because I didn't need to because pretty much everyone was marveling over the book saying how pretty it was and everything. I left it on my desk and caught some people reading it while we were talking about other classmates' stuff. I think I did my job. 8)

8 ) You did a wonder thing, there. Excellent job. Eeeeeee. Totally not surprised that the book would basically pitch itself.
Journal | Tumblr | Fic Archive
Og kring meg i myrket/snøar og snøar det. - Olav H. Hauge