Author Topic: General Discussion Thread  (Read 2410743 times)

Rabbit

• Retired Moderator
  • Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • pocket gremlin
  • Preferred pronouns: he/she/they/it
Re: General Discussion Thread
« Reply #12120 on: November 13, 2015, 01:41:19 AM »
You got me to go through a big sniffling fit trying to do that! (unsuccessfully, I might add) At least I'm in my own room and not in public  ::)

Oh, and that reminds me. I can not only touch my toes, I can place the palms of my hands on the ground without bending my knees! For a very short time, but it still counts!

I can do it while standing on tiptoe! :D That's it that's my one and only special skill
proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society

:finland: :uk: :japan: :sweden: :germany:
:chap4: :chap5:
:chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11:
:chap12: :chap13: :chap14:

Avatar courtesy of the mighty starfallz

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #12121 on: November 13, 2015, 02:06:57 AM »
I can whistle both exhaling and inhaling

I can do this one too and the topic of whistling skills reminded me of my grandma, who could also whistle between her thumbs, or is it even called whistling in English when you cup your hands together, press thumbs close to each other and blow through them, creating a loud, low whistling sound? She used this to signal that all kids and later on grandkids should immediately return to the house (Finnish kids can scatter far and wide when they're at play), usually because food was ready. She tried to teach me how it's done so many times but I never got the hang of it... I can whistle with a blade of grass but it's just not as awesome!
Speak: :finland: :iceland: :uk: :icelandic sheepdog:
Butchering at every try: :sweden:
Learning: :japan:
Wishlist: :norway:

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

Auleliel

• Ranger
  • Ninja Squirrel Trainer
« Reply #12122 on: November 13, 2015, 02:15:24 AM »
I can do this one too and the topic of whistling skills reminded me of my grandma, who could also whistle between her thumbs, or is it even called whistling in English when you cup your hands together, press thumbs close to each other and blow through them, creating a loud, low whistling sound? She used this to signal that all kids and later on grandkids should immediately return to the house (Finnish kids can scatter far and wide when they're at play), usually because food was ready. She tried to teach me how it's done so many times but I never got the hang of it... I can whistle with a blade of grass but it's just not as awesome!
My aunt taught me both of those kinds of whistles but I am out of practice. I still haven't quite figured out how to whistle with my thumb and index finger but I understand the trick for it--I just need more practice.
Know: :usa:
Learning: :japan: :sweden: :finland: :wales:
Somewhat forgot: :mexico: :germany: :southkorea:

:hat: :betterhat:
:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

Jethan

• Ranger
  • Lurker and Forum Gamer
« Reply #12123 on: November 13, 2015, 03:38:01 AM »

I think that's called hand cooing.

I'm trying to think of some interesting ability I have.
I can scream loudly and apparently with great voice control when I play video games that make me tense.  My finger snapping seems a little flat, so I don't count it.
An innate goofball who wanted to be elegant and composed.  That ain't happening.

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #12124 on: November 13, 2015, 03:44:57 AM »
I think that's called hand cooing.

I'm trying to think of some interesting ability I have.
I can scream loudly and apparently with great voice control when I play video games that make me tense.  My finger snapping seems a little flat, so I don't count it.

I... I can imitate a theremin

* sunflower wants to organize a Minnion unusual-talents show
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

Haiz

• Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #12125 on: November 13, 2015, 03:46:27 AM »
My dad has the ability to do some harmonica-like whistling through his teeth?? I can do the grass blade whistle, but it WILL sound like a dying seal.

I can touch my toes/the floor only if I warm up. For someone who has taken dance classes for a large chunk of my life, I sure am Not Flexible at all hahaha. My friend, on the other hand (hi emil), could always put his leg behind his neck like it's nothing?? Life's unfair.
you'll know where to find me.

DB (f.k.a. DaveBro)

• Ranger
  • Filk, flute, guitar, NwoC
« Reply #12126 on: November 13, 2015, 05:31:44 AM »
>snip<
And I can't whistle, no matter how hard I try, which is infuriating! D:

I can't whistle very well by pursing my lips, but putting the tip of my tongue at the point where my upper gum line swoops up to the roof of my mouth, works very well indeed.  Note, moisture matters--whistle must be "wet". ;)

I started by "harmonizing" with our microwave annunciator, which was not nice of me at all. ::)

Can lick neither elbow nor nose, but can lay last finger joint against floor on a good day. Clover tongue, and even curling my tongue elude me.  I can manage a half turn to either side, however.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2015, 05:49:25 AM by DaveBro (Phasing out "ReturnOf") »
Fluent:  :usa:      Fair:  :norway:    BTE:  :france:
           Chapter Breaks Survived:  
                            :hat:
            :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:
            :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16:
            :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:
            :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8:    (5-20)

Troposphère

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • because chaos.
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him/his
« Reply #12127 on: November 13, 2015, 08:27:48 AM »
I can touch my knees with the palms of my hands without bending the knees.
native: :france:
ok: :uk:
have learned for years but can just say hi: :germany:
just a few words: :sweden: :iceland:

Auleliel

• Ranger
  • Ninja Squirrel Trainer
« Reply #12128 on: November 13, 2015, 08:31:43 AM »
I can touch my knees with the palms of my hands without bending the knees.
Now that is real talent! ;)
Know: :usa:
Learning: :japan: :sweden: :finland: :wales:
Somewhat forgot: :mexico: :germany: :southkorea:

:hat: :betterhat:
:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

Ana Nymus

• DeviantArt
  • Checking in once in a while
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #12129 on: November 13, 2015, 08:37:13 AM »
Same! (Not just for a short time, I can hold it - well, a good while) ... Hold on, is this unusual? AHH this is the one special thing that I can do, then! : D

It's not terribly unusual, but you have to either be pretty flexible or (like me) have legs that are proportionately a bit short compared to the rest of your body.

* sunflower wants to organize a Minnion unusual-talents show

I'm all in for that!
:usa: Yes.
:spain: Out of practice.
:finland: Failed to learn.
:vaticancity: Probably remember five words.
White text: Always ;P
:chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

I also speak SCIENCE!!!

mithrysc

• Ranger
  • indefinite hiatus
« Reply #12130 on: November 13, 2015, 10:41:33 AM »
* mithrysc interrupts long list of strange talents Minnions can do

Instead of watching live video feeds of zoo animals, you can watch a live video feed of the Earth from the International Space Station.

viola

• Hel
  • Conqueror of an Abandoned City
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #12131 on: November 13, 2015, 11:05:53 AM »
* Feartheviolas jumps on the weird talents train

I can whistle normally and an octave higher than normal creating a shrill highpitched noise that sounds like those cheap party whistles.

I have double jointed fingers which allow me to twist my fingers in to weird shapes and to lock my knuckles backwards. I have demonstrated this on skype a few times and managed to gross some minnions out >:D
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

blackberryblossoms

• Tumblr
« Reply #12132 on: November 13, 2015, 11:37:05 AM »
I just sat down to draw something I've been procrastinating for weeks, and when the pencil touches the paper, I end up drawing something completely different.

WHY
Don't worry, you are not alone in this xD
« Last Edit: November 13, 2015, 11:39:34 AM by blackberryblossoms »
:usa: native
:japan: learning
:sweden: learning
:chap9: Chapter break survivor

Curry

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • [musically] IB IS KILLIN ME
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them/theirs
« Reply #12133 on: November 13, 2015, 01:17:20 PM »
I can do the palms flat on the ground thing for extended periods of time (NICE) and I can also bend just the tips of my fingers. You know, like this. Ummm... I used to be able to flip my leg up and put my foot in my armpit, but that was when I was (even) smaller and my hips aren't as flexible anymore :0

I CAN DO SPLITS THOUGH!!! AFTER A WHILE!!! WITH LOTS OF STRETCHING... I've only done two splits ever eheh but they were LAST FRIDAY so that counts right
YEET

Daéa Reina

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
  • well, I'm trying
« Reply #12134 on: November 13, 2015, 01:25:02 PM »

Ahhh, yes! My brother can do that!
He tried to teach me a few times, and I think I got it once, but now I forgot how to do that too...

My father can whistle so beautifully, I always get jealous when he starts... He can whistle classical music, and he also can do a REALLY loud whistle that he uses to get our attention when we are too far apart or talking too loud.
native :brazil:  |  decent :usa: :spain:  |  wants to learn :germany: :finland: :france:

I'm a survivor: :artd: :book1+: (-1) :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

"There's no better place on earth than the road that leads to Heaven."