Author Topic: General Discussion Thread  (Read 2387470 times)

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
Re: General Discussion Thread
« Reply #12090 on: November 12, 2015, 12:09:26 PM »
Send some to New York!

It's cold and wet and you can have it all. :P Except don't take this part over here, that's for Mélusine.
Speak: :finland: :iceland: :uk: :icelandic sheepdog:
Butchering at every try: :sweden:
Learning: :japan:
Wishlist: :norway:

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

viola

• Hel
  • Conqueror of an Abandoned City
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #12091 on: November 12, 2015, 12:10:24 PM »
It's cold and wet and you can have it all. :P Except don't take this part over here, that's for Mélusine.

* Feartheviolas takes ALL of it
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

Mélusine

« Reply #12092 on: November 12, 2015, 12:19:40 PM »
* Feartheviolas takes ALL of it
Heyyyyyyy ! *Protests*
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Rabbit

• Retired Moderator
  • Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • pocket gremlin
  • Preferred pronouns: he/she/they/it
« Reply #12093 on: November 12, 2015, 12:20:55 PM »
*Tries not to laugh in her tea* ;D

I've done that and said "These aren't the files you're looking for." one day to a colleague. At her look I understood she hadn't the reference. Memorable lack of understanding moment.

I have a shirt that says "I AM YOUR FATHER" and my dad just stares at me oddly every time I wear it in his presence... I'm planning to do something about his sad lack of general knowledge come the holidays.
proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society

:finland: :uk: :japan: :sweden: :germany:
:chap4: :chap5:
:chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11:
:chap12: :chap13: :chap14:

Avatar courtesy of the mighty starfallz

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #12094 on: November 12, 2015, 12:38:35 PM »
Hey, I don't suppose anyone here knows anything about wild camping in Norway? Me and a friend are thinking of going next summer, and I've found lots of unofficial sources saying that it's ok but I can't seem to find anything official about it or what the rules are? Totally ok if no-one knows anything of course!

You can camp anywhere but on cultivated or otherwise utilised ground (what we somewhat vaguely call "innmark"), at least 150 meters away from houses and cottages, for up to two days without permission. In the wilderness you can camp as long as you want, with some exceptions in heavily visited areas close to the cities. Just don't litter, if you do I will find you~

I have also successfully made the chat try to wiggle their ears, which has apparently escalated to trying to lick one's own elbow now and I wasn't ever even in the chat. I just sent them a hello via Viola. Who gave me this power, take it away I'm probably using it wrong and I can't handle the responsibility.

I hope you will continue to use your tremendous influence for, uh, good.

Leaving off on that weird note, I can totally touch my elbow with my tongue, and lick my nose with it too.

I read this and promptly had to try, even though I was in a public place when I did.

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #12095 on: November 12, 2015, 12:42:37 PM »
I read this and promptly had to try, even though I was in a public place when I did.

It's ok, I'm practically sitting in front of a huge display window and I tried it too.
Speak: :finland: :iceland: :uk: :icelandic sheepdog:
Butchering at every try: :sweden:
Learning: :japan:
Wishlist: :norway:

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

viola

• Hel
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #12096 on: November 12, 2015, 12:49:09 PM »
It's ok, I'm practically sitting in front of a huge display window and I tried it too.

I wonder if you can bottle this kind of power and sell it.... *scheming face*
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

Fenris

« Reply #12097 on: November 12, 2015, 01:29:25 PM »
Hey, I don't suppose anyone here knows anything about wild camping in Norway? Me and a friend are thinking of going next summer, and I've found lots of unofficial sources saying that it's ok but I can't seem to find anything official about it or what the rules are? Totally ok if no-one knows anything of course!
Here's a pdf by the environmental directorate in english that tells you what you can and cannot do.

Daéa Reina

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
  • well, I'm trying
« Reply #12098 on: November 12, 2015, 02:22:37 PM »
I just sat down to draw something I've been procrastinating for weeks, and when the pencil touches the paper, I end up drawing something completely different.

WHY
native :brazil:  |  decent :usa: :spain:  |  wants to learn :germany: :finland: :france:

I'm a survivor: :artd: :book1+: (-1) :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

"There's no better place on earth than the road that leads to Heaven."

Ana Nymus

• DeviantArt
  • Checking in once in a while
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #12100 on: November 12, 2015, 03:18:10 PM »

The only reason I haven't tried today is because I have in the past. Repeatedly. Sadly, ear-wiggling and elbow-licking are not talents I possess.

I can, however, do a clover tongue. (Just warning you, lots of tongues in the link. Many, many tongues...)
:usa: Yes.
:spain: Out of practice.
:finland: Failed to learn.
:vaticancity: Probably remember five words.
White text: Always ;P
:chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

I also speak SCIENCE!!!

Mélusine

« Reply #12101 on: November 12, 2015, 03:18:47 PM »
I have a shirt that says "I AM YOUR FATHER" and my dad just stares at me oddly every time I wear it in his presence... I'm planning to do something about his sad lack of general knowledge come the holidays.
^^ Yes, you have to do something.
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Haiz

• Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #12102 on: November 12, 2015, 03:27:13 PM »
I can't wiggle my ears, but i can wriggle my nostrils............
you'll know where to find me.

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #12103 on: November 12, 2015, 05:40:07 PM »
I can, however, do a clover tongue. (Just warning you, lots of tongues in the link. Many, many tongues...)

I can do that too! I can also clap with one hand (but only my right), and snap my fingers by flinging my index finger against my thumb and middle finger (apparently that's rare; I haven't known anyone else who's been able to do it). ┐(°_°)┌

In other news, I heard my first Christmas song of the season on the radio... TOO SOON.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2015, 06:23:06 PM by Piney »

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

SectoBoss

• Ranger
« Reply #12104 on: November 12, 2015, 06:09:45 PM »
snap my fingers by flinging my index finger against my thumb and forefinger
OK, now I'm confused - aren't the index finger and forefinger the same one? How on earth do you manage that?
Native: :uk:  Remembers dregs: :france: :vaticancity:  Learning (slowly): :sweden:
Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11:
Proud owner of a Haizvatar
I write a bit on AO3