Author Topic: General Discussion Thread  (Read 2387722 times)

Fimbulvarg

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Craigslist Samurai
Re: General Discussion Thread
« Reply #11955 on: November 08, 2015, 04:54:10 PM »
I'm like ten posts away from catching up to sunflower õ_õ

Won't be the first person you catch up to. It will however be one short of the last.

Haiz

• Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #11956 on: November 08, 2015, 05:00:52 PM »
Won't be the first person you catch up to. It will however be one short of the last.
hahaha yeah... it was weird enough when I caught up with nimphy, who everyone kept comparing me to in the beginning... kinda funny my posting activity has slowed down so much lately though. i'm so close to taking the throne

ah well, i suppose that's what happens when life isn't very exciting, and i don't have anything witty to say, and have less art to contribute with than usual...
« Last Edit: November 08, 2015, 05:04:01 PM by Haiz »
you'll know where to find me.

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #11957 on: November 08, 2015, 05:11:00 PM »
What even is that?

It's from Metalocalypse and Skwisgaar really is being a space viking... um, I do realize this makes very little sense.
Speak: :finland: :iceland: :uk: :icelandic sheepdog:
Butchering at every try: :sweden:
Learning: :japan:
Wishlist: :norway:

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #11958 on: November 08, 2015, 05:42:27 PM »
kinda funny my posting activity has slowed down so much lately though. i'm so close to taking the throne

We could use something to get the gears going like Dood Leordie, the sssonas, the art style swap and the meme thread did in the past.

Find what you're looking for Piney :P ? (I think I'm about to develop a paranoia complex because it seems like there's always a guest eyeballing my profile when I open the activity screen and I'm like ¯\_(ツ)_/¯)

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #11959 on: November 08, 2015, 05:46:49 PM »
Find what you're looking for Piney :P ? (I think I'm about to develop a paranoia complex because it seems like there's always a guest eyeballing my profile when I open the activity screen and I'm like ¯\_(ツ)_/¯)

Huh? ??? I have no idea what you're referring too and now you're making me paranoid.

hahaha yeah... it was weird enough when I caught up with nimphy, who everyone kept comparing me to in the beginning... kinda funny my posting activity has slowed down so much lately though. i'm so close to taking the throne

ah well, i suppose that's what happens when life isn't very exciting, and i don't have anything witty to say, and have less art to contribute with than usual...

Honestly though... I can relate. Pretty sure I only made one post yesterday outside of "good morning" and "good night." :P I feel like the most interesting thing I have to say currently is "I'm really sleep deprived" but that's of course not news.

It makes me feel better knowing that I'll pass Sunflower at some point though (I kid)

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

Haiz

• Tumblr
« Reply #11960 on: November 08, 2015, 05:50:02 PM »
We could use something to get the gears going like Dood Leordie, the sssonas, the art style swap and the meme thread did in the past.
oh yes, definitely. not that I actually have time for anything as time consuming as dood leordie again right now, exam time is closing in - oh waiittt i was at my most active during exam time this spring, wasn't i

hahahaa I also keep seeing guests looking at my profile, but I'm more like... *hairflip* i'm famous

Honestly though... I can relate. Pretty sure I only made one post yesterday outside of "good morning" and "good night." :P I feel like the most interesting thing I have to say currently is "I'm really sleep deprived" but that's of course not news.
yeahhhhh

like the most exciting thing that happened to me yesterday was:
"mom can we buy chocolate milk?"
"sure. oh wait why are you picking the fancy glass bottle brand one"
"i want FANCY chocolate milk? can I?"
"well, the carton one is cheaper, and this one is probably only pricier because of its brand, and"
"FINE OKAY carton choclety. i guess i'll drink it from a wine glass to feel fancy"

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #11961 on: November 08, 2015, 06:01:15 PM »
Huh? ??? I have no idea what you're referring too and now you're making me paranoid.

The activity screen said you were viewing my profile and it made me happy that it was someone I knew for once and not some anonymous guest.

oh yes, definitely. not that I actually have time for anything as time consuming as dood leordie again right now, exam time is closing in - oh waiittt i was at my most active during exam time this spring, wasn't i

Secret Santa starts next weekend now that I think about it.

EDIT: *stares at Viola*
« Last Edit: November 08, 2015, 06:04:55 PM by Fimbulvarg »

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #11962 on: November 08, 2015, 06:10:32 PM »
hahahaa I also keep seeing guests looking at my profile, but I'm more like... *hairflip* i'm famous

I don't think I've ever seen someone looking at my profile - but that's mostly because I don't go on the who's online page often because it'll say that I'm viewing the who's online page and that's weird to me, I dunno. (it doesn't make sense now that I think about it) But I do get happy when I see there's a guest registering for an account here :D

yeahhhhh

like the most exciting thing that happened to me yesterday was:
"mom can we buy chocolate milk?"
"sure. oh wait why are you picking the fancy glass bottle brand one"
"i want FANCY chocolate milk? can I?"
"well, the carton one is cheaper, and this one is probably only pricier because of its brand, and"
"FINE OKAY carton choclety. i guess i'll drink it from a wine glass to feel fancy"

Heheheh, one of my teachers wants us to do a "journalist" comic about an event that happened to us and we can do a report sort of thing on, but I'm just like.... "you don't understand, my life isn't exciting." :P

The activity screen said you were viewing my profile and it made me happy that it was someone I knew for once and not some anonymous guest.

Ohh ok. I honestly have no recollection of viewing your profile, ahaha. I think I can assure you I wasn't doing anything stalkerish.

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

Haiz

• Tumblr
« Reply #11963 on: November 08, 2015, 06:17:40 PM »
I don't think I've ever seen someone looking at my profile - but that's mostly because I don't go on the who's online page often because it'll say that I'm viewing the who's online page and that's weird to me, I dunno. (it doesn't make sense now that I think about it) But I do get happy when I see there's a guest registering for an account here :D
I have a tendency to check really often and it's really frustrating that i keep doing that õ_õ thanks a lot ocd. also the reason i had to make myself hidden because it was making me paranoid that people could see what i was doing, so haiz confirmed for hypocrite hahaha

but it makes me happy to see people registering for accounts, too ^___^

Heheheh, one of my teachers wants us to do a "journalist" comic about an event that happened to us and we can do a report sort of thing on, but I'm just like.... "you don't understand, my life isn't exciting." :P
haaa one of my self-given challenges in life is to make ANYTHING sound exciting (hence the epic hotel adventure saga this summer), but that takes like, energy and concentration....... and what the heck is that................

Ohh ok. I honestly have no recollection of viewing your profile, ahaha. I think I can assure you I wasn't doing anything stalkerish.

OrigamiOwl

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
« Reply #11964 on: November 08, 2015, 06:21:57 PM »
Whenever I see guests looking at people's profiles, I kinda just assume it's them not logged in XD so....so naive...

Once, I saw someone's activity listed as "Printing Speculations: Secrets Behind Emil's Hair" I have a screen shot on my mobile somewhere that I look at occasionally if I need a giggle. It's great.
:artd: :book1+: :book2:
:chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16:

viola

• Hel
  • Conqueror of an Abandoned City
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #11965 on: November 08, 2015, 06:22:38 PM »
EDIT: *stares at Viola*
Hello.

I totally did not just go on your profile and then refresh the page every few minutes because you mentioned it just now. Nope not me what are you talking about.

Also most of the time guests are looking at your profile it isn't actually a person looking at it. More often than not, those are bots. They crawl the site for google and bing and other search sites so that they can index our forum in order to bring up relevant search results.
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

OrigamiOwl

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
« Reply #11966 on: November 08, 2015, 06:25:43 PM »
They crawl
Now I'm imaging those weird tiny red spider mites that crawl over stuff in tiny swarms...

Spoiler: show
heheh what if...we all just went into Fim's profile and then opened another window for hours of internet browsing
:artd: :book1+: :book2:
:chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16:

viola

• Hel
  • Conqueror of an Abandoned City
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #11967 on: November 08, 2015, 06:27:46 PM »
Now I'm imaging those weird tiny red spider mites that crawl over stuff in tiny swarms...

Spoiler: show
heheh what if...we all just went into Fim's profile and then opened another window for hours of internet browsing

Actually they are called spiders. That's the technical name for them. Or at least what the forum calls them. Spider bots.
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #11968 on: November 08, 2015, 06:29:05 PM »
I totally did not just go on your profile and then refresh the page every few minutes because you mentioned it just now. Nope not me what are you talking about.

Also most of the time guests are looking at your profile it isn't actually a person looking at it. More often than not, those are bots. They crawl the site for google and bing and other search sites so that they can index our forum in order to bring up relevant search results.

We're being stalked by robots? Darn... science has gone too far!! Nobody uses Bing!

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #11969 on: November 08, 2015, 06:32:00 PM »
I have a tendency to check really often and it's really frustrating that i keep doing that õ_õ thanks a lot ocd. also the reason i had to make myself hidden because it was making me paranoid that people could see what i was doing, so haiz confirmed for hypocrite hahaha

The only reason I'm not on hidden is because I like people knowing when I'm online. I don't know what that makes me.

Whenever I see guests looking at people's profiles, I kinda just assume it's them not logged in XD so....so naive...

I've actually done this... I look at my own profile more than anyone else's. :P