Author Topic: General Discussion Thread  (Read 2410766 times)

StellersJayC

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • Happy!
Re: General Discussion Thread
« Reply #1095 on: November 06, 2014, 08:02:19 PM »
Ah. Autumn, otherwise known has large-scary-spider-season. Taking out the garbage suddenly becomes very treacherous.

This is very true! Also, I think it's getting windier. I won't be supprized if trees start falling over.

But look at the sky! It's so pretty! (And is even more stunning in person. The clouds actually appear to be bright pink in real life.) I had to crop the picture really small to even get it to attach.

[attachment deleted by admin]

ThisCat

• Ranger
  • Meow. Mew-eoow meaow, miaow. Mow.
« Reply #1096 on: November 06, 2014, 08:13:36 PM »
Ah. Autumn, otherwise known has large-scary-spider-season. Taking out the garbage suddenly becomes very treacherous.

;D

:norway:
 Mostly quiet.
:uk:

OrigamiOwl

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
« Reply #1097 on: November 06, 2014, 08:18:43 PM »
;D

COOOL!!!!!!!!! What's her name? Or his name? :D

(Also! We have a hand freckle in exactly the same place! Hehe *tries not to sound like a stalker*...*fails*)
« Last Edit: November 06, 2014, 08:30:23 PM by OrigamiOwl »
:artd: :book1+: :book2:
:chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16:

Noah O.

• Scout
  • History Geek
« Reply #1098 on: November 06, 2014, 08:24:48 PM »
;D

I don't think I'll be going to sleep today. Or tomorrow.

ThisCat

• Ranger
« Reply #1099 on: November 06, 2014, 08:31:33 PM »
COOOL!!!!!!!!! What's her name? Or his name? :D

I'm pretty sure it's a she (all spiders are female to me) and her name is Kiwi!

I don't think I'll be going to sleep today. Or tomorrow.

Don't worry. She's friendly. Unless you're smaller than her, and even then she might just ignore you.
 Mostly quiet.

mithrysc

• Ranger
  • indefinite hiatus
« Reply #1100 on: November 06, 2014, 08:35:16 PM »

Don't worry. She's friendly. Unless you're smaller than her, and even then she might just ignore you.

Okay, our spiders aren't that large. (And for that I'm thankful)

Is Kiwi called Kiwi because she sort of vaguely is similar to the skin of a kiwi?  :P

ThisCat

• Ranger
« Reply #1101 on: November 06, 2014, 08:40:24 PM »
Okay, our spiders aren't that large. (And for that I'm thankful)

Is Kiwi called Kiwi because she sort of vaguely is similar to the skin of a kiwi?  :P

Yep, because her butt looks like a kiwi, and because of a silly little thing. I was really unsure what I wanted to call her, so I sat on the bus with a friend asking for suggestions, and she started listing the names of the stores we drove by, and there is a store in Norway called Kiwi... Anyway, I thought it was cute.
 Mostly quiet.

OrigamiOwl

« Reply #1102 on: November 06, 2014, 08:44:00 PM »

*is overcome with the awesomeness that is Kiwi*

Is she named Kiwi because she's fuzzy like a kiwi fruit? XD

Eich

• Thor
  • Retired Forum Admin
« Reply #1103 on: November 06, 2014, 08:45:24 PM »

Oh GAWD, no.  I saw it and my first reaction was to scroll up and yell...  Sadly serious.  If we ever do a minion meet-up, it will not be at your place. 

*does Citizen dance* ;P congratulations!

I laughed a bit too hard...sorry Eich X'D I just pictured a really tall lanky dude stepping out of a car and doing a little horror-dance with a funny expression....and a tiny little spider going "Eeeeeee! Spare meeeeeeAGHKLFGH.."
Halloween is over, but the terrors of autumn-winter are just beginning Eich.... ;P
Don't let it stress you out :3
You're playing mind games, now.  I fear death, and I fear spiders.  Neither of those fears is irrational, and I take solace in that.
It was... more of a large twitch.  :(  It didn't have a chance to scream.  I look pretty silly when those creatures are involved.
Feel free to PM.

ThisCat

• Ranger
« Reply #1104 on: November 06, 2014, 08:49:00 PM »
Oh GAWD, no.  I saw it and my first reaction was to scroll up and yell...  Sadly serious.  If we ever do a minion meet-up, it will not be at your place. 
You're playing mind games, now.  I fear death, and I fear spiders.  Neither of those fears is irrational, and I take solace in that.
It was... more of a large twitch.  :(  It didn't have a chance to scream.  I look pretty silly when those creatures are involved.

I understand. It's natural to fear spiders. People like me have to teach themselves not to be scared, and I still don't like big spiders I don't know. I just happen to think this one's adorable.
 Mostly quiet.

Eich

• Thor
  • Retired Forum Admin
« Reply #1105 on: November 06, 2014, 09:01:17 PM »
I understand. It's natural to fear spiders. People like me have to teach themselves not to be scared, and I still don't like big spiders I don't know. I just happen to think this one's adorable.
Hmm, I think I have a hard time with it because of my sisters.  They... *sigh*  elder influences like that are powerful.  They, of course, got it from my mom.  The biggest reason for my dislike of creepy crawlies in general was the cockroach that crawled in my pajamas at a young age.  That was quite unpleasant.

Out of curiosity, what do you feed it?
Feel free to PM.

OrigamiOwl

« Reply #1106 on: November 06, 2014, 09:06:46 PM »

I'm the same, I just went around the verandah and took photos of some of the spiders, they were very active today, and about seven minutes in I started to freak out a bit. Because they ARE only about 40cm over my head. And they didn't really like the flash. Or my whistling the GOT theme....
 I dread to think how Eich would handle that O___O

Minion meet at my house is also a no-no then XD

EDIT: heeeeeeeere we goooooo, here's some of them:
http://i58.tinypic.com/296gppt.jpg
There's the throne spider, some spider couples, a nest of babies and their mum, and some who just wanted their photo taken XD
I only covered about 20m of roof, there's a whole city outside my room....but I was too unnerved to walk under there....

^ It's a link so Eich won't have a heart attack u___u
« Last Edit: November 06, 2014, 09:24:29 PM by OrigamiOwl »

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #1107 on: November 06, 2014, 09:20:38 PM »

I laughed a bit too hard...sorry Eich X'D I just pictured a really tall lanky dude stepping out of a car and doing a little horror-dance with a funny expression....and a tiny little spider going "Eeeeeee! Spare meeeeeeAGHKLFGH.."
Halloween is over, but the terrors of autumn-winter are just beginning Eich.... ;P
Don't let it stress you out :3

It'd be worse if the spider were going "HJAAALP MIG...!"
http://news.moviefone.com/2010/10/13/the-fly-help-me-scene/
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

OrigamiOwl

« Reply #1108 on: November 06, 2014, 09:45:09 PM »
It'd be worse if the spider were going "HJAAALP MIG...!"
http://news.moviefone.com/2010/10/13/the-fly-help-me-scene/

Aw man. I just watched that scene, and then the end scene from the 80's version. And....
O____________O
Aaaaaaaagghgggggggghhhhhhhhhh

ThisCat

• Ranger
« Reply #1109 on: November 06, 2014, 10:37:32 PM »
Hmm, I think I have a hard time with it because of my sisters.  They... *sigh*  elder influences like that are powerful.  They, of course, got it from my mom.  The biggest reason for my dislike of creepy crawlies in general was the cockroach that crawled in my pajamas at a young age.  That was quite unpleasant.

Out of curiosity, what do you feed it?

Live crickets, though she isn't really feeling hungry at the moment.

I'm the same, I just went around the verandah and took photos of some of the spiders, they were very active today, and about seven minutes in I started to freak out a bit. Because they ARE only about 40cm over my head. And they didn't really like the flash. Or my whistling the GOT theme....
 I dread to think how Eich would handle that O___O

Minion meet at my house is also a no-no then XD

EDIT: heeeeeeeere we goooooo, here's some of them:
http://i58.tinypic.com/296gppt.jpg
There's the throne spider, some spider couples, a nest of babies and their mum, and some who just wanted their photo taken XD
I only covered about 20m of roof, there's a whole city outside my room....but I was too unnerved to walk under there....

^ It's a link so Eich won't have a heart attack u___u

Aww
 Mostly quiet.