Author Topic: General Discussion Thread  (Read 2387229 times)

Fimbulvarg

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Craigslist Samurai
Re: General Discussion Thread
« Reply #11745 on: October 28, 2015, 06:59:45 PM »
Oh this is some great stand-up on nordic languages and stereotypes.  ;D
http://www.ruv.is/frett/uppistand-ara-i-horpu-myndskeid

It's not just a stereotype if it's true. The 'Swedes work in Norway' part that is. I've met Swedes working in supermarkets in desolate rural fjord towns in Western Norway. It's like they don't even care where in Norway they go and what they do, as long as they get a job here.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2015, 07:25:16 PM by Fimbulvarg »

Ana Nymus

• DeviantArt
  • Checking in once in a while
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #11746 on: October 28, 2015, 08:12:31 PM »
guys Guys GUYS MY ROOMMATE IS READING SSSS RIGHT NOW AND SHE LIKES IT AND EEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm really glad she likes it so far, I thought she would ^-^

And I know she's probably going to see this later when she runs out of comic so hi!!!
:usa: Yes.
:spain: Out of practice.
:finland: Failed to learn.
:vaticancity: Probably remember five words.
White text: Always ;P
:chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

I also speak SCIENCE!!!

Auleliel

• Ranger
  • Ninja Squirrel Trainer
« Reply #11747 on: October 29, 2015, 02:15:28 AM »
Hehehe, this is great!
Know: :usa:
Learning: :japan: :sweden: :finland: :wales:
Somewhat forgot: :mexico: :germany: :southkorea:

:hat: :betterhat:
:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
« Reply #11748 on: October 29, 2015, 05:21:54 AM »
What is this sound... ? A green woodpecker ! It's the first time we have one in the garden :D
(The only positive thing with the tree loosing its leaves is that we can see the birds better.)
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Yuuago

• Tumblr
  • Well, there's still hope in this world.
  • Preferred pronouns: He/etc
« Reply #11749 on: October 29, 2015, 09:44:42 AM »
I am too fond of sentence fragments. And run-on sentences. I regret everything and at the same time I regret nothing.

What is this sound... ? A green woodpecker ! It's the first time we have one in the garden :D
(The only positive thing with the tree loosing its leaves is that we can see the birds better.)

That is a definite compensation for leafless trees, I think. : D
Journal | Tumblr | Fic Archive
Og kring meg i myrket/snøar og snøar det. - Olav H. Hauge

viola

• Hel
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #11750 on: October 29, 2015, 10:37:31 AM »
Heading home after visiting DC now. I can finally say that I've been to the capital of the US now. It was the only country I've been in that I'd never been to the capital of. I'm glad to finally be able to cross it off my list :))
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #11751 on: October 29, 2015, 03:36:51 PM »
Had a random thought while reading an online newspaper (apparently meat has "some" correlation with cancer); it's kind of unfair that most of the foods that actually taste good are either bad or only good in small amounts. It's like nature is actively trolling us. Then it struck me that in the very least the only body function that is contagious is the yawn. Apparently nature isn't completely against us.

Ana Nymus

• DeviantArt
  • Checking in once in a while
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #11752 on: October 29, 2015, 03:47:48 PM »
Heading home after visiting DC now. I can finally say that I've been to the capital of the US now. It was the only country I've been in that I'd never been to the capital of. I'm glad to finally be able to cross it off my list :))

Woo! DC is a cool place (is anyone surprised that I love all the museums there?). Be glad you didn't go in the summer, though, because it can get hot: I went for a long weekend with my family and it didn't dip below 100F (37C) the entire time.

Had a random thought while reading an online newspaper (apparently meat has "some" correlation with cancer); it's kind of unfair that most of the foods that actually taste good are either bad or only good in small amounts. It's like nature is actively trolling us. Then it struck me that in the very least the only body function that is contagious is the yawn. Apparently nature isn't completely against us.

I think I read something about that being because stuff like fat and salt and other good-tasting things are necessary for human health, but for a large part of history, they were scarce. Now that we have an abundance of them, our instinctual tastes haven't caught up and make us want to eat too much of it. But I'm paraphrasing from a source I can't quite remember clearly, so take my words with a grain of salt (pun very much intended).
:usa: Yes.
:spain: Out of practice.
:finland: Failed to learn.
:vaticancity: Probably remember five words.
White text: Always ;P
:chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

I also speak SCIENCE!!!

viola

• Hel
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #11753 on: October 29, 2015, 05:04:13 PM »

I finally got a chance to watch this and it is hilarious.
* Feartheviolas is a proud speaker of icelandicdanish :))
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

OrigamiOwl

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
« Reply #11754 on: October 29, 2015, 09:51:09 PM »
*spooky choir sounds*

I FINISHED MY EXHIBITION SET UP LAST NIGHT AND THEN HAD MY LAST EXAM THIS MORNING AND I AM NOW FREEEEE UNTIL NEXT YEAR AAAAAAAAAA

things. things in dot point form
Spoiler: so many things • show
- the curtains were hell to hang up and align with the projected animations
- the ladder was wobbly and I also have ladder-leg-bruises now ;-;
- don't climb ladders when you get vertigo and also are low on iron and foods. Don't do it.
- I had to paint wooden pegs that the people aren't even gonna see because the teacher wanted them to be white to match the curtains. Got a very wonderland vibe from that. Like, that rose painting bit.
- glow in the dark skulls 8D
- black velvet plinths were hard to cover: i used a staple gun and then sewed the rest. I only had white thread (i cry) so it was a real test of inconspicuous sewing. which is passed. cant even see the joins.
- one of the plinths isn't a plinth it's actually a wooden frame that only LOOKS like a solid plinth muahahahaha
- the new adoption of Halloween here meant that the fabric I wanted was always SOLD OUT every tiME I CHECKED
- THE IRON FROM HELL. Dubbed by the class a Pazuzu Iron, it destroyed everything it touched within its 1.5m cord range. Everyone who needed to iron things had to use a hair straightener.
- I ironed my floor to ceiling curtains with a hair straightener
- my kneeeeeeeees hurt
- everything hurts why is setting up an exhibition so painful what muscles did I even USE
- people working late into the night, I had to finish and leave early
- lock fiascoes
- people banging on the library doors yelling for help because they got locked in five minutes before the deadline, had to get security to open the doors
- tough students breaking down :(
- there was an incident where I got locked in the storage room in the basement for half an hour and had to email my teacher to let me out
- no one could find a broom, turns out Printing upstairs was hogging them all
- I accidentally left my projector on when I left and had a panic attack thinking it would catch fire and burn the art school down, ruining everyones work and screwing up the states rumoured plans to sell the building to a hotel to boost the tourism industry it would be a state tragedy and it would be all my fault
- turns out security turned it off
-realising I had an exam the next morning i had not studied for
- winging exam
- finishing early
- buying a chocolate bar as reward

AAAAAaaaAAA
« Last Edit: October 29, 2015, 09:55:19 PM by OrigamiOwl »
:artd: :book1+: :book2:
:chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16:

mithrysc

• Ranger
  • indefinite hiatus
« Reply #11755 on: October 29, 2015, 10:06:09 PM »
I FINISHED MY EXHIBITION SET UP LAST NIGHT AND THEN HAD MY LAST EXAM THIS MORNING AND I AM NOW FREEEEE UNTIL NEXT YEAR AAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAaaaAAA

YEAH so glad you did it despite all the difficulties! Relish your newfound freedom and/or chocolate bar.

Curry

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • [musically] IB IS KILLIN ME
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them/theirs
« Reply #11756 on: October 29, 2015, 10:10:49 PM »
*spooky choir sounds*

- don't climb ladders when you get vertigo and also are low on iron and foods. Don't do it.
- I had to paint wooden pegs that the people aren't even gonna see because the teacher wanted them to be white to match the curtains. Got a very wonderland vibe from that. Like, that rose painting bit.
- black velvet plinths were hard to cover: i used a staple gun and then sewed the rest. I only had white thread (i cry) so it was a real test of inconspicuous sewing. which is passed. cant even see the joins.
- one of the plinths isn't a plinth it's actually a wooden frame that only LOOKS like a solid plinth muahahahaha
- the new adoption of Halloween here meant that the fabric I wanted was always SOLD OUT every tiME I CHECKED
- THE IRON FROM HELL. Dubbed by the class a Pazuzu Iron, it destroyed everything it touched within its 1.5m cord range. Everyone who needed to iron things had to use a hair straightener.
- my kneeeeeeeees hurt
- everything hurts why is setting up an exhibition so painful what muscles did I even USE
- lock fiascoes
- people banging on the library doors yelling for help because they got locked in five minutes before the deadline, had to get security to open the doors
- there was an incident where I got locked in the storage room in the basement for half an hour and had to email my teacher to let me out
- I accidentally left my projector on when I left and had a panic attack thinking it would catch fire and burn the art school down, ruining everyones work and screwing up the states rumoured plans to sell the building to a hotel to boost the tourism industry it would be a state tragedy and it would be all my fault
- winging exam
- finishing early

AAAAAaaaAAA

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!! I'm so happy for you :DDD ENJOY THE FREEDOM YOU'VE EARNED IT
YEET

Adrai Thell

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Might be productive. Someday.
« Reply #11757 on: October 29, 2015, 10:27:31 PM »
*spooky choir sounds*

- my kneeeeeeeees hurt
- lock fiascoes
- winging exam
- finishing early

AAAAAaaaAAA

Woohooo! Go you! Congrats on finishing what sounds like a terrifyingly difficult task! "AAAAAaaaAAA" is the correct response, I believe, but so is "AAAAaaaaHhhhh... this is good chocolate."
Fluent: :usa:
Childlike: :france:
Stolen Souls: 6.5
Survivor: :artd: :book1+: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

Speak softly, and carry a big heart.

Auleliel

• Ranger
  • Ninja Squirrel Trainer
« Reply #11758 on: October 29, 2015, 10:59:20 PM »
*spooky choir sounds*

- my kneeeeeeeees hurt
- lock fiascoes
- winging exam
- finishing early

AAAAAaaaAAA
Way to go! Success in the face of setbacks definitely merits a chocolatey reward!
Know: :usa:
Learning: :japan: :sweden: :finland: :wales:
Somewhat forgot: :mexico: :germany: :southkorea:

:hat: :betterhat:
:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #11759 on: October 30, 2015, 02:49:48 AM »
*spooky choir sounds*

Well done, congratulations! You deserve ALL THE CHOCOLATE. :))
Speak: :finland: :iceland: :uk: :icelandic sheepdog:
Butchering at every try: :sweden:
Learning: :japan:
Wishlist: :norway:

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: