Author Topic: General Discussion Thread  (Read 2411412 times)

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
Re: General Discussion Thread
« Reply #11685 on: October 26, 2015, 03:20:25 PM »
The Gävle Goat becoming an arson victim almost every year has regrettably spread around the idea of burning Swedish-style Christmas goats, which means that in Iceland IKEA's goat was placed under heavy surveillance this year just like all the previous ones. Alas, one possibility was overlooked...

...the goat torched itself.
Speak: :finland: :iceland: :uk: :icelandic sheepdog:
Butchering at every try: :sweden:
Learning: :japan:
Wishlist: :norway:

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

SectoBoss

• Ranger
« Reply #11686 on: October 26, 2015, 03:25:24 PM »
The Gävle Goat becoming an arson victim almost every year has regrettably spread around the idea of burning Swedish-style Christmas goats, which means that in Iceland IKEA's goat was placed under heavy surveillance this year just like all the previous ones. Alas, one possibility was overlooked...

Torched itself?? How?
Native: :uk:  Remembers dregs: :france: :vaticancity:  Learning (slowly): :sweden:
Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11:
Proud owner of a Haizvatar
I write a bit on AO3

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #11687 on: October 26, 2015, 03:31:04 PM »
Torched itself?? How?

Most likely the Christmas lights they had covered it with caused the fire. :D The current plan is apparently to build a new, bigger one.
Speak: :finland: :iceland: :uk: :icelandic sheepdog:
Butchering at every try: :sweden:
Learning: :japan:
Wishlist: :norway:

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

Haiz

• Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #11688 on: October 26, 2015, 03:34:51 PM »

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEMIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIL- no wait it torched itself? nevermind
you'll know where to find me.

viola

• Hel
  • Conqueror of an Abandoned City
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #11689 on: October 26, 2015, 03:46:08 PM »
I am in Washington DC!!!! With Starfallz!!!!!! :D
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

Mélusine

« Reply #11690 on: October 26, 2015, 03:49:53 PM »
How many Minnions do you have met, Vi ? It seems nothing can stop you ;) I wish you're both enjoying the meet-up.
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Ana Nymus

• DeviantArt
  • Checking in once in a while
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #11691 on: October 26, 2015, 03:56:51 PM »

That is the funniest thing I've heard all day (and horrible Google-translate of Icelandic only added to the humor :P )

Woo! You've been all down the east coast now, haven't you? :P Have fun you two! ;D
:usa: Yes.
:spain: Out of practice.
:finland: Failed to learn.
:vaticancity: Probably remember five words.
White text: Always ;P
:chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

I also speak SCIENCE!!!

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #11692 on: October 26, 2015, 04:11:33 PM »

*samurai voice* "If I die it will be by my own handu..."

Adrai Thell

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Might be productive. Someday.
« Reply #11693 on: October 26, 2015, 04:25:27 PM »
So I was just out for lunch, and I was sitting down near a young lady who was chatting on the phone in a bright, chirpy voice. I didn't really pay attention to what she was saying, only noticing when she said, "Okay, see you in a bit - love you!" then hung up. She instructed her phone to call somebody else, then in an entirely different, serious voice, said, "The target is in position." Then hung up.

I don't know what to think, except that the pasta I had was delicious.
Fluent: :usa:
Childlike: :france:
Stolen Souls: 6.5
Survivor: :artd: :book1+: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

Speak softly, and carry a big heart.

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #11694 on: October 26, 2015, 04:27:25 PM »
So I was just out for lunch, and I was sitting down near a young lady who was chatting on the phone in a bright, chirpy voice. I didn't really pay attention to what she was saying, only noticing when she said, "Okay, see you in a bit - love you!" then hung up. She instructed her phone to call somebody else, then in an entirely different, serious voice, said, "The target is in position." Then hung up.

*spy-movie music plays in the background*
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

mithrysc

• Ranger
  • indefinite hiatus
« Reply #11695 on: October 26, 2015, 04:28:41 PM »

Ah, the joys of listening to snippets of other people's conversations. Who needs context?

Mélusine

« Reply #11696 on: October 26, 2015, 04:31:15 PM »
What happens when you're obviously not organized or logical enough and what you need for a recipe is not in the kitchen ? You began to do some archeology in your boxes -__- (Why isn't it in the kitchen ?)
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #11697 on: October 26, 2015, 04:32:46 PM »

Sounds like a police sting operation. Or she was just being silly or trying to confuse people listening in.

Haiz

• Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #11698 on: October 26, 2015, 04:33:03 PM »
PAGE 777
I'M HERE

... ok that's all.
you'll know where to find me.

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #11699 on: October 26, 2015, 04:35:36 PM »
PAGE 777
I'M HERE

... ok that's all.

And if you'd just been two seconds faster you would have posted that at 10:33:01. Wouldn't that be something magical. Double rainbow all the way.