Author Topic: General Discussion Thread  (Read 2387811 times)

OrigamiOwl

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
Re: General Discussion Thread
« Reply #11640 on: October 21, 2015, 08:02:56 AM »
Great Scott, you're right! Ha, after today even the future will be in the past And we still don't have hoverboards I want hoverboards. Smartphones are pretty cool though, I guess.

Also there will now be people who have lived through the past, present, and future of Back to the Future :))

Have you tried flea and tick medicine? I know they make it for dogs, I can't imagine there wouldn't be a cat variety.
They had a story about it (the back to the future thing) on the news and apparently hover boards do exist, they're just still in baby stages. hehe. (I tried watching those movies the other night...but...I just couldn't? Everything's too shouty but I guess that's the 80's. Very loud.)

You would think so but I've never seen any that caters to ticks as well, only flea ones so far :( Plus, those things are SO EXPENSIVE we can never afford it expect like, once a year, which is reeeeeaaaally productive. ;__;
(*is googling different products now, and the DO make it! Why have I never seen it?! Also, whenever I see the word "pipettes" I keep imagining them as Pepe's cousin or something send help)
:artd: :book1+: :book2:
:chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16:

Yuuago

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • Well, there's still hope in this world.
  • Preferred pronouns: He/etc
« Reply #11641 on: October 21, 2015, 09:56:38 AM »
I just signed up for my first multifandom fanfic exchange - Yuletide 2015 on Ao3 - and urrrgh I'm so nervous. This is the first year I've had enough small fandoms to participate, and I'm having lots of "what if I'm unmatchable?!" jitters. Somebody tell me that everything will be okay!

(SSSS and aRTD are both eligible fandoms this year, hint hint hint...)

They had a story about it (the back to the future thing) on the news and apparently hover boards do exist, they're just still in baby stages.

This is amazing and it's exactly what I needed to hear this morning. : D THE FUTURE IS HERE
Journal | Tumblr | Fic Archive
Og kring meg i myrket/snøar og snøar det. - Olav H. Hauge

hushpiper

• Slayer of Silence
  • Scout
    • Tumblr
  • steam engenius, you see
« Reply #11642 on: October 21, 2015, 10:41:03 AM »
You know, everybody always talks about the hoverboards. I was always more struck by the creepy, badly-synthesized images of celebrities on CRT screens reading out menus to you in 50's nostalgia diners. Why did nobody look forward to those in anticipation, hm?

viola

• Hel
  • Conqueror of an Abandoned City
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #11643 on: October 21, 2015, 10:50:50 AM »
happy back to the future day everyone!!!

Fun fact: Little Frodo is actually playing one of the kids who is playing a videogame in the diner.
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #11644 on: October 21, 2015, 11:22:28 AM »
I'm allowed to listen to any radio channel I like when I'm sitting at the shop alone, which leads to situations where I wonder if it were possible to headbang discreetly and whether or not it would be bad for business...
Speak: :finland: :iceland: :uk: :icelandic sheepdog:
Butchering at every try: :sweden:
Learning: :japan:
Wishlist: :norway:

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

Yuuago

• Tumblr
« Reply #11645 on: October 21, 2015, 11:27:56 AM »
I'm allowed to listen to any radio channel I like when I'm sitting at the shop alone, which leads to situations where I wonder if it were possible to headbang discreetly and whether or not it would be bad for business...

Do it, my dear Lauf. Doooo iiiiiit.

(Well, you probably shouldn't listen to me. ;p )

Solovei

• Tumblr
  • You name it, Captain Solo will ship it.
« Reply #11646 on: October 21, 2015, 11:31:56 AM »
I just signed up for my first multifandom fanfic exchange - Yuletide 2015 on Ao3 - and urrrgh I'm so nervous. This is the first year I've had enough small fandoms to participate, and I'm having lots of "what if I'm unmatchable?!" jitters. Somebody tell me that everything will be okay!

(SSSS and aRTD are both eligible fandoms this year, hint hint hint...)
Argh you just reminded me that I signed up for a Haikyuu!! exchange and hadn't started yet... there's still a lot of time left, but... I still owe fanfics to Helia and the people that sent prompts on tumblr... OTL I'm so sorry, everyone!! I'm the worst at keeping to deadlines...

Do it! I believe in you Laufey!
(also I JUST noticed that your icon moves now and that scared the crap out of me the first time XD)
« Last Edit: October 21, 2015, 11:34:47 AM by Solovei »
:hat:Support your fanfic authors!:betterhat:
Co-admin of the SSSS Wiki | AO3 |
:chap2:
:chap3:
:chap4:
:chap5:
:chap6:
:chap7:
:chap8:

Fluent: :canada: :russia:
Managing to stumble through: :sweden:

Yuuago

• Tumblr
« Reply #11647 on: October 21, 2015, 11:34:23 AM »
Argh you just reminded me that I signed up for a Haikyuu!! exchange and hadn't started yet... there's still a lot of time left, but... I still owe fanfics to Helia and the people that sent prompts on tumblr... OTL I'm so sorry, everyone!! I'm the worst at keeping to deadlines...

/patpatpat
There, there! You'll manage, I'm sure, if there's a lot of time left. : D Good luck with it!

viola

• Hel
  • Conqueror of an Abandoned City
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #11648 on: October 21, 2015, 11:55:24 AM »

ALL the headbanging \o/ Who knows, it might actually be good for business...
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

urbicande

• --.- .-. .-.. ..--..
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him/his
« Reply #11649 on: October 21, 2015, 12:01:02 PM »
And in a related musical note, I forgot my earbuds today. No music :(
Keep an eye on me. I shimmer on horizons.

Survivor: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: / :book2:   :chap13:   :chap14:  :chap15: :chap16: / :book3:  :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:  :chap21: / :book4:

:A2chap01:

Fluent:  :usa: :uk: :canada:
Basic conversation:  :france: :germany:
Learning: :sweden: :finland:
A couple of words:  :spain: :italy:

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #11650 on: October 21, 2015, 12:34:42 PM »
Fun fact: Little Frodo is actually playing one of the kids who is playing a videogame in the diner.

Something about the inclusion of 'little' made me read that in a Northern Irish accent.

How does one 'discreetly' headbanging without looking like Quagmire from Family Guy? Nevermind - carry on wayward child, do it for the headache.

Haiz

• Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #11651 on: October 21, 2015, 01:08:34 PM »
incidentally, we had pizza for dinner today (but like. at the eating table, not in the living room as is customary for our pizza dinners), so I feel that was a pretty nice unintended tribute to Back to the Future!

my brother and I also checked if the nearby stores had that fancy pepsi with the BotF design that they've released for today, but no such luck. at least I got myself a purple halloween soda.
you'll know where to find me.

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #11652 on: October 21, 2015, 01:16:01 PM »
my brother and I also checked if the nearby stores had that fancy pepsi with the BotF design that they've released for today, but no such luck. at least I got myself a purple halloween soda.

Huh? Is Back to the Future actually a big deal? I've never watched any of them ...

Solovei

• Tumblr
  • You name it, Captain Solo will ship it.
« Reply #11653 on: October 21, 2015, 01:17:11 PM »
Huh? Is Back to the Future actually a big deal? I've never watched any of them ...
Same here, Fimby! I think I watched bits and pieces of the first one but it didn't really leave much of a lasting impact on me.

(I'm also not terribly into Star Wars, so both of the things people are hyping today are totally over my head)
:hat:Support your fanfic authors!:betterhat:
Co-admin of the SSSS Wiki | AO3 |
:chap2:
:chap3:
:chap4:
:chap5:
:chap6:
:chap7:
:chap8:

Fluent: :canada: :russia:
Managing to stumble through: :sweden:

Haiz

• Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #11654 on: October 21, 2015, 01:21:00 PM »
they're kinda iconic? I like the movies a lot, but truthfully I would have forgotten them if it weren't for that accidental marathoning the entire household ended up doing last week...
you'll know where to find me.