Author Topic: General Discussion Thread  (Read 2410670 times)

Lenny

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Ninja.
  • Preferred pronouns: My name. They/them.
Re: General Discussion Thread
« Reply #1080 on: November 06, 2014, 02:47:05 AM »
Though a debate forum could end up being quite interesting, given the variety of backgrounds we have here, if we ever did have one, I'd ... not even touch it with a 5 metre long pole. It only takes one person to make the whole thing turn sour. Plus the variety of different backgrounds means that everyone also has very different sore points.

hmm..... is there another Diana Wynne Jones fan around here somewhere? I've been hunting around for years now, but I haven't met anyone yet.
Am notified of private messages via email.

noako

• Safe-Zone Citizen
« Reply #1081 on: November 06, 2014, 02:56:45 AM »
Though a debate forum could end up being quite interesting, given the variety of backgrounds we have here, if we ever did have one, I'd ... not even touch it with a 5 metre long pole. It only takes one person to make the whole thing turn sour. Plus the variety of different backgrounds means that everyone also has very different sore points.

hmm..... is there another Diana Wynne Jones fan around here somewhere? I've been hunting around for years now, but I haven't met anyone yet.

Yeah, debate thread sounds...... bad.

There is a book thread now, you should go post there if you haven't already :3

OrigamiOwl

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
« Reply #1082 on: November 06, 2014, 02:57:48 AM »

Yes!! Me!! Granted I only read one book but i thought it was fantastic and I have such a huge respect for the lady.
:artd: :book1+: :book2:
:chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16:

Lenny

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Ninja.
« Reply #1083 on: November 06, 2014, 03:02:58 AM »

I was the second poster and very glad to see its existence, haha~ But more people check here than there currently, and I'm feeling lonely in my little non-existent fandom...

Yes!! Me!! Granted I only read one book but i thought it was fantastic and I have such a huge respect for the lady.

Aaah awesome!<3 Which one? :D (And also... read her others!<3 The state library has most of them, but unfortunately not all. They have all three Howl books, though. And all the Chrestomanci ones, too.) She's my most favourite writer~

EDIT: Aaah, one more post and I graduate to a citizen~

OrigamiOwl

« Reply #1084 on: November 06, 2014, 03:22:34 AM »
I was the second poster and very glad to see its existence, haha~ But more people check here than there currently, and I'm feeling lonely in my little non-existent fandom...

Aaah awesome!<3 Which one? :D (And also... read her others!<3 The state library has most of them, but unfortunately not all. They have all three Howl books, though. And all the Chrestomanci ones, too.) She's my most favourite writer~

EDIT: Aaah, one more post and I graduate to a citizen~

Wanna continue this conversation in the book thread? :3

Lenny

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Ninja.
« Reply #1085 on: November 06, 2014, 03:42:17 AM »
Sure thing!~ I'll head over there now :D

Fimbulvarg

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #1086 on: November 06, 2014, 04:51:37 AM »
Do you think we should have a debate thread?
Probably not, for starters this is an international forum so people don't necessarily care about the same issues. The potential for souring the general mood is also high. If people want to debate politics there are loads of arenas where they can do so (reddit), it doesn't have to be this forum.

kjeks

• Retired Moderator
« Reply #1087 on: November 06, 2014, 08:41:07 AM »
Probably not, for starters this is an international forum so people don't necessarily care about the same issues. The potential for souring the general mood is also high. If people want to debate politics there are loads of arenas where they can do so (reddit), it doesn't have to be this forum.

And if someone really wants to know another one's oppinion on a certain matter there are still private messages.

congrats Lenny ;)
:germany: :uk: :norway:
:sweden: :france: :ireland: :turkey: :kurdish: :sign: =>Learning:
:vaticancity: =>Leftovers

Forum Rules
Helpful Information

Hrollo

• Ranger
« Reply #1088 on: November 06, 2014, 11:43:28 AM »
If people want to debate politics, religion, or other hot issues, there are plenty of forums on the internet specifically for that purpose; there's no need to also do it here, this is not what this forum is for.
Fluent: :fr: :gb:
Some knowledge: :it:
Attempting to learn again: :de:
Passive familiarity: :es: :br: :ad: :ro:

Noah O.

• Scout
  • History Geek
« Reply #1089 on: November 06, 2014, 06:03:49 PM »

Dude, I MADE the book thread.

StellersJayC

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • Happy!
« Reply #1090 on: November 06, 2014, 06:26:32 PM »
It's so windy right now. Like, car-shaking windy.

Eich

• Thor
  • Retired Forum Admin
« Reply #1091 on: November 06, 2014, 06:48:15 PM »
It's so windy right now. Like, car-shaking windy.
It seems like it's going to be that way in a few hours, over here.  It was supposed to rain today, but it never did... the next cold front must be on its way.

Also, with all the leaves falling, my car was nearly covered today.  There was one leaf on the way home in particular, that got into a spot on my windshield once I hit the interstate, and wouldn't leave.  It was right in my line of sight, and I knew it would only leave me once I slowed down significantly, so I just had to deal with it the whole way home.  Also, there was a baby spider on me when I got to work.  I killed it immediately, but there's no telling if my car is going to be cover in terror tomorrow morning or not.  It's stressing me out.
Feel free to PM.

Lenny

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Ninja.
« Reply #1092 on: November 06, 2014, 07:17:08 PM »
congrats Lenny ;)

Thanks!~ Usually on forums/social sites I'm a professional ninja-stalker, so this is rather a milestone, hahaha.

OrigamiOwl

« Reply #1093 on: November 06, 2014, 07:25:30 PM »
Thanks!~ Usually on forums/social sites I'm a professional ninja-stalker, so this is rather a milestone, hahaha.

*does Citizen dance* ;P congratulations!

Also, there was a baby spider on me when I got to work.  I killed it immediately, but there's no telling if my car is going to be cover in terror tomorrow morning or not.  It's stressing me out.

I laughed a bit too hard...sorry Eich X'D I just pictured a really tall lanky dude stepping out of a car and doing a little horror-dance with a funny expression....and a tiny little spider going "Eeeeeee! Spare meeeeeeAGHKLFGH.."
Halloween is over, but the terrors of autumn-winter are just beginning Eich.... ;P
Don't let it stress you out :3

mithrysc

• Ranger
  • indefinite hiatus
« Reply #1094 on: November 06, 2014, 07:33:44 PM »
Halloween is over, but the terrors of autumn-winter are just beginning Eich.... ;P
Don't let it stress you out :3

Ah. Autumn, otherwise known has large-scary-spider-season. Taking out the garbage suddenly becomes very treacherous.