Author Topic: General Discussion Thread  (Read 2411422 times)

Fimbulvarg

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Craigslist Samurai
Re: General Discussion Thread
« Reply #11595 on: October 18, 2015, 04:47:51 PM »
Taking notes, snowing is catchy. Plus I notice I just typoed Haiz into a maze instead of a mace, ooops my bad, hope you don't mind that Minotaur too much. :D

Meanwhile important news from the Lauf household: the old showerhead was breaking apart so it was time to get a new one. Now the shower is a touch fancier with five(!) different shower settings. The first one is just a normal shower, nothing special except it's wonderful to have a non-clogged showerhead (Icelandic tap water can have silica in it, white stuff that cannot be removed by any means that I know of once it sets in). Second one was a "waterfall", in other words LOTS of water which was great!

After that came some kind of a massaging shower but only if a massage is supposed to rip the hair off your head. I reacted by immediately switching to next, which was a big mistake - same massage option, only ten times harder. My shoulders feel so exfoliated now. The last one was just bizarre, a very small shower but with a lot of water, a bit like a horse peeing on you which is not a thing you want to think about while bathing. Although only two settings of the five are pleasant I think I'm still going to give this experience an A, the waterfall was worth it.

I'll stick with the normal shower setting thankyouverymuch.
Odd thing about that actually; when I use high water flow and the stream is directed towards the nape of my neck I often feel like I'm slipping out of consciousness. Maybe I'm actually a shingeki.

The "massaging" settings are usually kind of scary.

I've never experienced anything labelled 'massage' that didn't feel like a low-key kind of slow torture.

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #11596 on: October 18, 2015, 05:30:24 PM »
I'm...short so trying to adjust the showerhead can range from anywhere from "okay" to "augh water everywhere." The "massaging" settings are usually kind of scary.

Ahahahah I know this feeling! Especially when I switched to the waterfall thingy, suddenly WATER WATER EVERYWHERARGLEGABRLEGRGL. :D

I'll stick with the normal shower setting thankyouverymuch.
Odd thing about that actually; when I use high water flow and the stream is directed towards the nape of my neck I often feel like I'm slipping out of consciousness. Maybe I'm actually a shingeki.

I've never experienced anything labelled 'massage' that didn't feel like a low-key kind of slow torture.

Even with normal our shower still occasionally pulls the time traveling trick where you go have a five min shower but in teh real world half an hour has passed. Same for the last line, aside of an actual massage (although those too can feel like slow torture, all depending).
Speak: :finland: :iceland: :uk: :icelandic sheepdog:
Butchering at every try: :sweden:
Learning: :japan:
Wishlist: :norway:

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

Eich

• Thor
  • Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • Retired Forum Admin
« Reply #11597 on: October 18, 2015, 05:37:07 PM »
Taking notes, snowing is catchy. Plus I notice I just typoed Haiz into a maze instead of a mace, ooops my bad, hope you don't mind that Minotaur too much. :D

Meanwhile important news from the Lauf household: the old showerhead was breaking apart so it was time to get a new one. Now the shower is a touch fancier with five(!) different shower settings. The first one is just a normal shower, nothing special except it's wonderful to have a non-clogged showerhead (Icelandic tap water can have silica in it, white stuff that cannot be removed by any means that I know of once it sets in). Second one was a "waterfall", in other words LOTS of water which was great!

After that came some kind of a massaging shower but only if a massage is supposed to rip the hair off your head. I reacted by immediately switching to next, which was a big mistake - same massage option, only ten times harder. My shoulders feel so exfoliated now. The last one was just bizarre, a very small shower but with a lot of water, a bit like a horse peeing on you which is not a thing you want to think about while bathing. Although only two settings of the five are pleasant I think I'm still going to give this experience an A, the waterfall was worth it.
We had one of those for a while in my parents' house.  There was actually a decent massage setting that felt quite nice.  Then there was the other massage setting that peels your skin off, yep yep.  It was also on a hose, so you could move the head around.  It was meant for people who can't use their legs, so they can bathe without having to move around a whole lot.  And yes, it also had a horse pee setting. >__<
Feel free to PM.

Rabbit

• Retired Moderator
  • Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • pocket gremlin
  • Preferred pronouns: he/she/they/it
« Reply #11598 on: October 18, 2015, 05:45:19 PM »
If usernames were literal I would be chasing Rabbit around unless I were a rug in Huntra's living room.

I can confirm that I am 100% actually a rabbit.
proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society

:finland: :uk: :japan: :sweden: :germany:
:chap4: :chap5:
:chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11:
:chap12: :chap13: :chap14:

Avatar courtesy of the mighty starfallz

eyjafjallajoke

« Reply #11599 on: October 18, 2015, 06:34:58 PM »
Ah, it snowed today. Again, beginning in October.

daItrick

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Making terrible puns since 2004
  • Preferred pronouns: They/he
« Reply #11600 on: October 18, 2015, 06:43:25 PM »
It's 0:48 right now, I'm bored and tired and I figured out this:

Yes, 911, what's your emergency?

Anyways, talking about weather, Spain is slowly turning into London or something because it's really cloudy and it's raining a lot and I'm like "??? How ???" because it's not normal and I don't really like rain so I'm just here, bored. Also, I'm really stressed out that in 2 days I'll be in school after this thing that happened and it's exam time! Like, I need some tips to get relaxed because it's not normal :/
« Last Edit: October 18, 2015, 06:48:31 PM by RealRedCloudYT »
I am floating away, lost in a silent ballet.
     - Adam Young

:spain: :uk:
:chap7::chap8:
prev. RealRedCloudYT

{0,0}
 |)--)  
_"_"_

Curry

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • [musically] IB IS KILLIN ME
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them/theirs
« Reply #11601 on: October 18, 2015, 06:53:05 PM »
You all are making me so jealous with all your talk of snow ;_; We haven't even had rain in a couple days and that is such a shame??
YEET

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #11602 on: October 18, 2015, 07:07:49 PM »
We had one of those for a while in my parents' house.  There was actually a decent massage setting that felt quite nice.  Then there was the other massage setting that peels your skin off, yep yep.  It was also on a hose, so you could move the head around.  It was meant for people who can't use their legs, so they can bathe without having to move around a whole lot.  And yes, it also had a horse pee setting. >__<

Ours is also on a hose but you can also attach it overhead if you like and that's how I usually shower. Imagine getting blasted straight in the parting of your hair by the massage setting, ow... and "horse pee" is now the official name for that last setting, it just cannot be described in any other way. :D
Speak: :finland: :iceland: :uk: :icelandic sheepdog:
Butchering at every try: :sweden:
Learning: :japan:
Wishlist: :norway:

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

Noodles

• Tumblr
  • *flops*
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them
« Reply #11603 on: October 18, 2015, 07:12:07 PM »
If usernames were literal I would be chasing Rabbit around unless I were a rug in Huntra's living room.
*wibbles noodily*

I have never tried to adjust a showerhead (aside from "let me just turn this so the water doesn't go over my head and hit the opposite wall") but from what others have said it would be exciting since I am also fairly smol.
I'll do art-swaps and beta-reads, PM me!
Native: :usa:
Can make a fool of myself, but comprehensibly: :france:
Write a little Sindarin (working on that)
Wish-list: ASL, :sweden:, :norway:
Chapter break survivor: :book2::book3::book4::A2chap01::A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:

Daéa Reina

• Tumblr
  • well, I'm trying
« Reply #11604 on: October 18, 2015, 09:17:03 PM »
I have never tried to adjust a showerhead (aside from "let me just turn this so the water doesn't go over my head and hit the opposite wall") but from what others have said it would be exciting since I am also fairly smol.

Same. I really couldn't understand how Laufey changed the showerhead five times though. I'm imagining a Hydra showerhead and that's pretty weird.
native :brazil:  |  decent :usa: :spain:  |  wants to learn :germany: :finland: :france:

I'm a survivor: :artd: :book1+: (-1) :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

"There's no better place on earth than the road that leads to Heaven."

Auleliel

• Ranger
  • Ninja Squirrel Trainer
« Reply #11605 on: October 18, 2015, 10:38:07 PM »
If usernames are literal, would I be a dwarf or one of the Ainur?
Know: :usa:
Learning: :japan: :sweden: :finland: :wales:
Somewhat forgot: :mexico: :germany: :southkorea:

:hat: :betterhat:
:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

Noodles

• Tumblr
  • *flops*
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them
« Reply #11606 on: October 18, 2015, 10:44:52 PM »
I think the first 7 dwarves were supposed to be male, so I'm saying the latter.
I'll do art-swaps and beta-reads, PM me!
Native: :usa:
Can make a fool of myself, but comprehensibly: :france:
Write a little Sindarin (working on that)
Wish-list: ASL, :sweden:, :norway:
Chapter break survivor: :book2::book3::book4::A2chap01::A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:

OrigamiOwl

« Reply #11607 on: October 18, 2015, 11:07:36 PM »
I like to try out those fancy showerheads at hotels, but the problem is I'm...short so trying to adjust the showerhead can range from anywhere from "okay" to "augh water everywhere." The "massaging" settings are usually kind of scary.
In my sad hotel experiences.... all the hotels had the death setting on their shower heads, and you cant even adjust or move it so if you're short like me you have to stand like 1.5m away so you're in the water's trajectory and at that distance its kinda cold and airy and you cant wash any soap out of your hair unless you do ballet/netball stretching or climb onto the adjoined bathtub thing and thats just asking for an accident. O___O Maybe the hotels here are just really stingy with their shower heads.
Hotel showers and bathrooms are MY PET PEEVE FROM HELLLLLLL they make me so frustrated! Like, where do I even begin.
- Those glass screens that kinda swing but then swing back into place and don't let you reach the taps from the outside of the tub, NO YOU HAVE TO STAND UNDER THE SHOWER AS YOU TURN ON THE TAPS AND ADJUST THE TEMPERATURE AGHAGHGHGHGH.
- The glass panels that you cannot adjust and they drip SO MUCH WATER out of the shower area onto the actual bathroom floor.
- The shower head, as mentioned previously
- Little to no fans? Like, for ventilation? So when you're done everything you brought into that room with you is covered in damp mist.
- Showers where the shower floor is the bathroom floor. I know that this is modern and fancy but IT HAS TO ACTUALLY FUNCTION like MOST IF NOT ALL of the water should run into a drain hole thing but no, the floor isn't angled enough so it just SEEPS EVERYWHERE 
- Shower floors continued: When you're done you cant step onto dry floor, all the floor is un-dry. There is no escape. (a slipping hazard u__u also, what are the peeps who need handrails gonna do when there are no handrails, or anything to stop them falling over? *waves fist at sky*)
- See above: they don't put?? ?? Curtains?? Or screens?? Just the fancy shower head poking outta the wall in the middle of nowhere? It just doesn't feel...secure...maybe that's just me not liking to be exposed in a GIANT ROOm :/ Like, c'mon this isn't a James Bond film why do this.
Spoiler: c c c combo • show
ARRARARARRRRRYGHGHGHGHHGHGHGH
wait this one actually looks like it could be ok
except theres no handrail thingies

We have the multi-setting shower heads at home though. I've always called the "horse pee" setting the dribble setting, it's just so..why? Why is that a setting? And there's the equally useless Mist setting. XD
« Last Edit: October 18, 2015, 11:13:03 PM by OrigamiOwl »
:artd: :book1+: :book2:
:chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16:

Ana Nymus

• DeviantArt
  • Checking in once in a while
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #11608 on: October 18, 2015, 11:23:21 PM »
- See above: they don't put?? ?? Curtains?? Or screens?? Just the fancy shower head poking outta the wall in the middle of nowhere? It just doesn't feel...secure...maybe that's just me not liking to be exposed in a GIANT ROOm :/ Like, c'mon this isn't a James Bond film why do this.
Spoiler: c c c combo • show
ARRARARARRRRRYGHGHGHGHHGHGHGH
wait this one actually looks like it could be ok
except theres no handrail thingies

We have the multi-setting shower heads at home though. I've always called the "horse pee" setting the dribble setting, it's just so..why? Why is that a setting? And there's the equally useless Mist setting. XD

Yes, why wouldn't they put curtains or something there?? When I was in France, my roommate went to take a shower and it was one exactly like you described, and she didn't realize that she was spraying water all over the room. There was like a centimeter of water on the entire floor of a pretty large bathroom, and we had to figure out how to wipe up the water without anyone knowing. And then I rigged a makeshift shower curtain for her so that we didn't have to have that problem again.
:usa: Yes.
:spain: Out of practice.
:finland: Failed to learn.
:vaticancity: Probably remember five words.
White text: Always ;P
:chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

I also speak SCIENCE!!!

Fenris

« Reply #11609 on: October 19, 2015, 01:02:48 AM »
If usernames were literal, I guess I'd have to tear off the arm of a judge, then get arrested and slay the King when I got out and start a violent revolution.

Dwarfs are clearly superior.