Author Topic: General Discussion Thread  (Read 2410761 times)

KauniitaUnia

• Scout
  • boldly going nowhere
Re: General Discussion Thread
« Reply #11385 on: October 11, 2015, 07:41:29 PM »
That's the part I really dislike. I really try hard to not go to any store on Thanksgiving because I don't want to contribute to this terrible trend.

I don't really know too much about Black Friday/thanksgiving, but from what I've gathered working in retail during that time sounds like my idea of hell - I don't envy those poor employees their jobs!
Fluent - :uk:
Learning - :sweden: :france:
Would love to learn - :finland:
Survived - :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :hat: :chap9::chap10:

Ana Nymus

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • DeviantArt
  • Checking in once in a while
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #11386 on: October 11, 2015, 10:50:26 PM »
I don't really know too much about Black Friday/thanksgiving, but from what I've gathered working in retail during that time sounds like my idea of hell - I don't envy those poor employees their jobs!

Can be dangerous, too. Every year there are at least a couple of reports of people getting hurt in the stampedes into the stores, which, frankly, is ridiculous. For me, Black Friday is the day where I sleep off the turkey and mashed potatoes I ate too much of. I don't need to be fighting tooth and nail for anything in the store -_-
:usa: Yes.
:spain: Out of practice.
:finland: Failed to learn.
:vaticancity: Probably remember five words.
White text: Always ;P
:chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

I also speak SCIENCE!!!

AuthorOfLight

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
  • i am just a littol creachur
« Reply #11387 on: October 11, 2015, 10:54:40 PM »
Can be dangerous, too. Every year there are at least a couple of reports of people getting hurt in the stampedes into the stores, which, frankly, is ridiculous. For me, Black Friday is the day where I sleep off the turkey and mashed potatoes I ate too much of. I don't need to be fighting tooth and nail for anything in the store -_-

THIS
fluent - :usa:
decentish - :mexico:
starting to learn - :finland: :japan:

starfallz

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • MiSSSSionary
« Reply #11388 on: October 11, 2015, 11:40:58 PM »

I had friends who have a yarn shop and the tradition for me and a friend was to go there and not buy anything (our friends were fine with that) and just knit all day.
Fluent: :usa: Rusty: :japan: Uh, what? :sweden:
Chapter Break Survivor: :artd: : :chap5: :book2: :book3: :book4: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

Noodles

• Tumblr
  • *flops*
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them
« Reply #11389 on: October 12, 2015, 01:00:56 AM »
Re: ridiculous decoration, our neighbour once left a fake skeleton on his house, then put a Santa hat on it.
Also we were at the coast this weekend, and there was a typhoon offshore, so it was super windy and stormy and there were 4-5m swells.
It was AWESOME.
I'll do art-swaps and beta-reads, PM me!
Native: :usa:
Can make a fool of myself, but comprehensibly: :france:
Write a little Sindarin (working on that)
Wish-list: ASL, :sweden:, :norway:
Chapter break survivor: :book2::book3::book4::A2chap01::A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:

viola

• Hel
  • Conqueror of an Abandoned City
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #11390 on: October 12, 2015, 10:24:59 AM »
Happy Thanksgiving! (canadian edition)

Some thankfuls: I am thankful to Minna for her dedication and her wonderful comics. Thankful to Eich for making this forum where I've made so many wonderful friends. And lastly thankful to everyone here for being such an awesome and creative community.
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

Haiz

• Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #11391 on: October 12, 2015, 11:05:24 AM »
reading about artemis for a school assignment:

these aren't even all of them

"oh golly gee, i made a teensy mistake, but hopefully nobody will notic- hey, are those my orchards burning?"
you'll know where to find me.

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #11392 on: October 12, 2015, 11:26:52 AM »
Some folks actually enjoy starting early.  My friend Victor starts counting down from 25 June.  ::)  He also synchronizes his lights to blink to Christmas carols.

I don't mind people getting their Christmas spirit on halfway there or anything. What I don't like is the stores trying to push Christmas stuff in September, as if it's all about buying and selling (which is basically why Halloween is a thing here at all).

Haiz

• Tumblr
« Reply #11393 on: October 12, 2015, 11:32:33 AM »
I don't mind people getting their Christmas spirit on halfway there or anything. What I don't like is the stores trying to push Christmas stuff in September, as if it's all about buying and selling (which is basically why Halloween is a thing here at all).
and then there's the whole debate on whether or not it's Heresy to drink christmas soda before december or not............. some people take it very seriously

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #11394 on: October 12, 2015, 11:35:28 AM »
and then there's the whole debate on whether or not it's Heresy to drink christmas soda before december or not............. some people take it very seriously

Ha ha, yeah ... It's just a coincidence that you say that on the same day that I bought the first bottle of christmas soda this year, right?

viola

• Hel
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
« Reply #11395 on: October 12, 2015, 11:36:21 AM »

What is christmas soda? What makes it christmassey?
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Ana Nymus

• DeviantArt
  • Checking in once in a while
« Reply #11396 on: October 12, 2015, 11:37:35 AM »

Same. I refuse to even consider buying anything for Christmas until a month before the holiday. At that time, it is appropriate for stores to be selling Christmas stuff, but not before. This rule of mine applies to all holidays: for example I hate seeing Halloween stuff before October -_-

People being excited for their favorite holidays though, well I can't get too mad at them for being happy about something. Though I wish certain members of my family wouldn't start playing Christmas music so early: it gets stuck in my head!

Also this.
:usa: Yes.
:spain: Out of practice.
:finland: Failed to learn.
:vaticancity: Probably remember five words.
White text: Always ;P
:chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

I also speak SCIENCE!!!

Haiz

• Tumblr
« Reply #11397 on: October 12, 2015, 11:37:51 AM »
Ha ha, yeah ... It's just a coincidence that you say that on the same day that I bought the first bottle of christmas soda this year, right?
are you kidding me are they selling them already for real

« Last Edit: October 12, 2015, 11:40:52 AM by Haiz »

viola

• Hel
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
« Reply #11398 on: October 12, 2015, 11:38:36 AM »

Aww that is adorable. What does it taste like?

Curry

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • [musically] IB IS KILLIN ME
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them/theirs
« Reply #11399 on: October 12, 2015, 11:39:36 AM »

WhAAAAAT I WANT THIS IN AMERICA WHAT THE HECK WHY DO WE NOT HAVE THIS?? illegal I need holiday soda for all my holidays

I mean Coca Cola does have polar bear soda cans with like. Snowflakes and junk but that is SO CHRISTMAS WHATTHE HECK

Aww that is adorable. What does it taste like?

Actually, yeah, what flavor would Christmas even be? Sugar cookies and pine needles? :P
YEET