Author Topic: General Discussion Thread  (Read 2409782 times)

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
Re: General Discussion Thread
« Reply #11190 on: October 06, 2015, 04:32:47 PM »
Thermal baths sound exactly what I need now...

Failing that, I settled for a shower, although that meant un-clogging the drain first which coincidentally is one of my least favourite things in the world, eww. It was really time to do it though so I decided to just Lauf up about it, pulled out the filter piece and found out some Elder God had apparently stuck onto it. You know, something too horrible for human brain to understand. A perfect Ia! Ia! Cthulhu Fthagn! -moment if I ever had one. Somehow I managed to stay sane and clean up the whole thing so at least I feel accomplished now...

(I know I should just clean the filter piece more often so it wouldn't grow nameless horrors on the underside but remember the part about how it's one of my least favourite things to do? Also this way I stand a chance of being eaten first.)
Speak: :finland: :iceland: :uk: :icelandic sheepdog:
Butchering at every try: :sweden:
Learning: :japan:
Wishlist: :norway:

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

viola

• Hel
  • Conqueror of an Abandoned City
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #11191 on: October 06, 2015, 04:40:56 PM »

Failing that, I settled for a shower, although that meant un-clogging the drain first which coincidentally is one of my least favourite things in the world, eww. It was really time to do it though so I decided to just Lauf up about it, pulled out the filter piece and found out some Elder God had apparently stuck onto it. You know, something too horrible for human brain to understand. A perfect Ia! Ia! Cthulhu Fthagn! -moment if I ever had one. Somehow I managed to stay sane and clean up the whole thing so at least I feel accomplished now...

(I know I should just clean the filter piece more often so it wouldn't grow nameless horrors on the underside but remember the part about how it's one of my least favourite things to do? Also this way I stand a chance of being eaten first.)

*sends Laufey cleansers with flamethrowers*
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

Ana Nymus

• DeviantArt
  • Checking in once in a while
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #11192 on: October 06, 2015, 04:41:45 PM »

This sounds exactly like me. I never clean the shower drain at home until it looks like a troll. :P
:usa: Yes.
:spain: Out of practice.
:finland: Failed to learn.
:vaticancity: Probably remember five words.
White text: Always ;P
:chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

I also speak SCIENCE!!!

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #11193 on: October 06, 2015, 04:55:09 PM »

Incidentally it's not something I enjoy either, to put it mildly. One doesn't have to be squeamish to dislike cleaning the drain. I'm mostly fine with it (which is a good thing, because the shower seems to get its filter blocked fairly often), but when I moved into my current housing the first thing that happened was that the drain turned out to be clogged. Somehow it changes the game dramatically that it's the hair of someone you don't know which is clogging the drain. 'S weird and sort of unreasonable.

Or you could shave your head like a Buddhist monk. Less hair=less drain problems.

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #11194 on: October 06, 2015, 05:12:50 PM »
*sends Laufey cleansers with flamethrowers*

I don't think your typical cleanser has strong enough a stomach for this but I like the way you think.

This sounds exactly like me. I never clean the shower drain at home until it looks like a troll. :P

Maybe we're going at this the wrong way. Maybe we should just accept it as a new flatmate and start demanding it pays its part of the rent.

Somehow it changes the game dramatically that it's the hair of someone you don't know which is clogging the drain.

EW
EWEWEW
I thought after dealing with the shower drain nothing could top my disgust levels but EWEW EWEWEW EW

Or you could shave your head like a Buddhist monk. Less hair=less drain problems.

= more chances of very accurate Furiosa cosplay... okmaybenotthough.

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #11195 on: October 06, 2015, 05:15:54 PM »

They've found the source of your nameless horrors, Laufey.  Turns out there's a Cthulhu Regio on Pluto.  I kid you not:
http://www.theguardian.com/science/2015/oct/06/pluto-charon-photos-nasa-new-horizons-data
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #11196 on: October 06, 2015, 05:21:40 PM »
They've found the source of your nameless horrors, Laufey.  Turns out there's a Cthulhu Regio on Pluto.  I kid you not:
http://www.theguardian.com/science/2015/oct/06/pluto-charon-photos-nasa-new-horizons-data

Uuuugh why is some Plutonian creature trying to crawl up my shower drain every two months or so and most importantly, how do I just portal-kick them back home?

Also:

The space agency plans to unveil new data and images on Thursday. “Every week I am floored,” Stern said. “Nasa won’t let me tell you what we’re going to tell you on Thursday. It’s amazing.”

Welp they have my full attention now. :o

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #11197 on: October 06, 2015, 05:28:48 PM »
Uuuugh why is some Plutonian creature trying to crawl up my shower drain every two months or so and most importantly, how do I just portal-kick them back home?

If it's small enough to climb up your drain you could just, I dunno, stomp on it or wring its neck or something. Or keep it, I mean ... if it's an actual Plutonian the science guys may want it for their collection.

Mélusine

« Reply #11198 on: October 06, 2015, 05:33:23 PM »
and we couldn't go see a roman Diana temple because of dumb french reasons.
Like "we are Tuesday it's the day the museums are closed" ?
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Haiz

• Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #11199 on: October 06, 2015, 05:36:14 PM »
we thought it'd be just that, but no, you can only see it on guided tours because it's inside a building, next tour is on thursday, and all tours are in french. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

at least i got to pretend to be a pool nøkk today. and i got locker key number 88.

= more chances of very accurate Furiosa cosplay... okmaybenotthough.
that's an excellent reason though
you'll know where to find me.

Mélusine

« Reply #11200 on: October 06, 2015, 05:42:08 PM »
we thought it'd be just that, but no, you can only see it on guided tours because it's inside a building, next tour is on thursday, and all tours are in french. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Near to a frontier, it's a little stupid to propose only french tours ??? The organization seems strange too.
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #11201 on: October 06, 2015, 05:42:34 PM »
stomp on it

My brain helpfully reminded me how it feels like to go swimming in a lake and all's fine in the world until you suddenly step on slimy lake plants. My brain is helpful in all the wrong ways.

Wait is this a thing? Good to know, museums are usually the main thing I want to see whenever I travel.

that's an excellent reason though

I know, shame I don't quite have the guts to do that! :D

Mélusine

« Reply #11202 on: October 06, 2015, 06:34:02 PM »
Wait is this a thing? Good to know, museums are usually the main thing I want to see whenever I travel.
In France, mostly, yes. But not always in Paris, as I discovered with my little sister in August. She wanted to see Orsay's museum (maybe for the Van Gogh, maybe because Doctor Who) and I was enjoying the idea to see all the museum this time. But haha, Paris has too many tourists, so a few museums are closing on Monday in order to be open when the others won't be. That was deceitful.

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #11203 on: October 07, 2015, 04:31:11 AM »
In France, mostly, yes. But not always in Paris, as I discovered with my little sister in August. She wanted to see Orsay's museum (maybe for the Van Gogh, maybe because Doctor Who) and I was enjoying the idea to see all the museum this time. But haha, Paris has too many tourists, so a few museums are closing on Monday in order to be open when the others won't be. That was deceitful.

It's not a French thing, a lot of museums here and in Poland also stay closed on Mondays. Possibly becsause they open on Sundays or want to offer private tours, I don't know.

Haiz

• Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #11204 on: October 07, 2015, 04:39:32 AM »
It's not a French thing, a lot of museums here and in Poland also stay closed on Mondays. Possibly becsause they open on Sundays or want to offer private tours, I don't know.

the french seem to keep tuesdays as their everything-is-closed day, so that's just random.
you'll know where to find me.