Author Topic: General Discussion Thread  (Read 2387800 times)

Noodles

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
  • *flops*
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them
Re: General Discussion Thread
« Reply #11130 on: October 04, 2015, 01:47:42 PM »
And Kastrup is now so enextricably linked with 'place of evil' in my head thanks to SSSS I was a little bit worried when I first read that...
Me too! If you see any strangely accordion-y silhouettes, run REALLY FAST the other way. Or you could stand still and stay silent and hope the thing doesn't notice you.
I'll do art-swaps and beta-reads, PM me!
Native: :usa:
Can make a fool of myself, but comprehensibly: :france:
Write a little Sindarin (working on that)
Wish-list: ASL, :sweden:, :norway:
Chapter break survivor: :book2::book3::book4::A2chap01::A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:

Ana Nymus

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • DeviantArt
  • Checking in once in a while
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #11131 on: October 04, 2015, 02:27:17 PM »

For you, Haiz (and anyone else who likes these kind of numbers :) )
:usa: Yes.
:spain: Out of practice.
:finland: Failed to learn.
:vaticancity: Probably remember five words.
White text: Always ;P
:chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

I also speak SCIENCE!!!

FinnishViking

• Scout
  • Slender and sleep deprived
« Reply #11132 on: October 04, 2015, 02:29:56 PM »
Ahh testweek over, first weekend in... well weeks that i have had nothing to do and it does feel good.

Even got my first test back and for the first time in a long while i managed to get a 9 from my finnish course. This far every course i have managed to bomb by my horrid spelling errors and rapid miss use of commas making even my teachers tell me "You have great ideas what to write about and you have good arguments, but your spelling is just horrible."  ::)

,But now the tides have turned! We had a "speech" course so part of the number was dependent on a 5 minute speech you had to give in front of the class. Well before at primary school  i was way too shy and stutter-y to ever give even the most basic of speeches so i did dread the idea, but as it turns out it was actually quite fun. It welt pretty amazing to overcome that anxiety i had suffered from  ;D and in the end i managed to be one of the best in the class. With the speech starting essentially with "Go to the flipping forest!" my success was i guess essentially guaranteed. ( it was bit hilarious to see my teacher almost laughing and facepalmining at the same time. ). Also the in the main test i actually "only" had like 10 mistakes so i managed to get my best number so far.

Let's just say that i pritty much felt like this when i got my test.

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #11133 on: October 04, 2015, 02:41:54 PM »
Me too! If you see any strangely accordion-y silhouettes, run REALLY FAST the other way. Or you could stand still and stay silent and hope the thing doesn't notice you.

No no no, it's totally fine to go see whether or not it's actually something interesting. I mean it might be hungry.
Speak: :finland: :iceland: :uk: :icelandic sheepdog:
Butchering at every try: :sweden:
Learning: :japan:
Wishlist: :norway:

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #11134 on: October 04, 2015, 03:53:28 PM »
Ahh testweek over, first weekend in... well weeks that i have had nothing to do and it does feel good.

Even got my first test back and for the first time in a long while i managed to get a 9 from my finnish course. This far every course i have managed to bomb by my horrid spelling errors and rapid miss use of commas making even my teachers tell me "You have great ideas what to write about and you have good arguments, but your spelling is just horrible."  ::)

,But now the tides have turned! We had a "speech" course so part of the number was dependent on a 5 minute speech you had to give in front of the class. Well before at primary school  i was way too shy and stutter-y to ever give even the most basic of speeches so i did dread the idea, but as it turns out it was actually quite fun. It welt pretty amazing to overcome that anxiety i had suffered from  ;D and in the end i managed to be one of the best in the class.

With the speech starting essentially with "Go to the flipping forest!" my success was i guess essentially guaranteed. ( it was bit hilarious to see my teacher almost laughing and facepalmining at the same time. ). Also the in the main test i actually "only" had like 10 mistakes so i managed to get my best number so far.

Let's just say that i pritty much felt like this when i got my test.

That's great!  Now that we know what an impressive speaking voice you have, it's no surprise to us that you did well. (Is a mention of "the flippin' forest" an automatic applause line for the wilderness-loving Finns?)
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #11135 on: October 04, 2015, 04:25:49 PM »
It's supposed to be 64 degrees outside but I'm sitting here in my room wearing a shirt & pants, a sweater over the shirt, a bathrobe over the sweater, wool socks, slippers, a big scarf, a hat, and gloves - one of them fingerless so I can use the trackpad. And the heat is controlled by the building, so of course they haven't turned it on yet.

...How am I gonna survive this winter? ._.

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

ParanormalAndroid

« Reply #11136 on: October 04, 2015, 04:30:42 PM »
Skald goals- merged and split topics without breaking forum.
All good!
No glitches here, promise.

viola

• Hel
  • Conqueror of an Abandoned City
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #11137 on: October 04, 2015, 04:51:31 PM »
Skald goals- merged and split topics without breaking forum.
All good!
No glitches here, promise.

Woohoo! *hands gold star*
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

Haiz

• Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #11138 on: October 04, 2015, 04:58:47 PM »
I greeted from Kastrup purely for the SSSS reference :'D

Have a nice trip to wherever Heliaaaaaaa you're not Snowflake Helia
hahahahaha nooo but it starts with H!

- I'm in Switzerland/France! not at the same time, though. currently haizing from the french side of the border.

- I counted More Than One starbuck at kastrup. for those wondering. maybe there are "just" two and kastrup IS like a small city, but honestly,,
(I'm mostly reacting because there are very few starbucks in norway and most of them are at airports for some reason)

- after practically navigating us here by decrypting the GPS'es intentions in the chaos of crossroads at night, do i count as a night scout?
you'll know where to find me.

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
« Reply #11139 on: October 04, 2015, 05:38:23 PM »
Dear world, would you like please stop being frustrating now, because I think you're not very kind these last days. Otherwise I'll need a hug and you know I don't have anyone here to give one. Thank.

New aim : find a long black dress with long sleeves if possible, very simple, for an event at the end of the month during which I'll have to play a character I don't know yet. "How hard can it be ?" I hate shopping. (Something is telling me the event will be both terrifying - act with a lot of unknown persons - and funny - play a character :D Oh wait I'm shy.)
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

JoB

• Mage of the Great Restructuring
« Reply #11140 on: October 04, 2015, 06:02:34 PM »
- I counted More Than One starbuck at kastrup. for those wondering. maybe there are "just" two and kastrup IS like a small city, but
The interesting thing is that, according to Starbucks themselves, there is but one (the other marker on Amager is not in Kastrup, but Amager Vest), while the airport lists three on its premises alone ...

http://imgur.com/a/zcKno
native: :de: secondary: :us: :fr:
:artd: :book1+: :book2: :book3: :book4: etc.
PGP Key 0xBEF02A15, Fingerprint C12C 53DC BB92 2FE5 9725  C1AE 5E0F F1AF BEF0 2A15

Haiz

• Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #11141 on: October 04, 2015, 06:43:34 PM »
I FORGOT BUT

For you, Haiz (and anyone else who likes these kind of numbers :) )
YES
THANK YOU

The interesting thing is that, according to Starbucks themselves, there is but one (the other marker on Amager is not in Kastrup, but Amager Vest), while the airport lists three on its premises alone ...

http://imgur.com/a/zcKno
see, that's what i mean. why
you'll know where to find me.

Sumeri

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Hämäläisjuntti
« Reply #11142 on: October 04, 2015, 06:53:11 PM »
Ghhhhhhhhhh that art feel when

-you're drawing a thing
-you're not sure if you like the way you did the lineart of the thing
-go with it anyway, and colour the thing
-realize that no, you don't like the lineart of the thing
-well, the thing is now pretty much complete with colour and all, and it's not that it's bad, just that it's not the way you wanted it to be
-congratulations, you've just spent wasted 3 hours on that

-->get mad, do a messy-ish three minute new lineart of the thing and conclude that it's better than the three-hour thing

What did we learn? I draw better when I'm angry, apparently :D also now it's almost 2am and I got school and I gotta wake up in five hours and do I regretttt? nooooooope
Lankeaa
metsän henget
polvilleen

native: :fi:
fluent: :gb:
somewhat struggling with: :se:
learned but mostly forgotten: :fr:

:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14:

JoB

• Mage of the Great Restructuring
« Reply #11143 on: October 04, 2015, 08:31:33 PM »
see, that's what i mean. why
[walks into terminal 2 'bucks]
"Have my special ready in terminal 3 in 5 minutes so's I can grab it on my way onto the connection flight, I'll pay in the hall when I'm back from my business trip!"
native: :de: secondary: :us: :fr:
:artd: :book1+: :book2: :book3: :book4: etc.
PGP Key 0xBEF02A15, Fingerprint C12C 53DC BB92 2FE5 9725  C1AE 5E0F F1AF BEF0 2A15

Noodles

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
  • *flops*
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them
« Reply #11144 on: October 04, 2015, 09:44:18 PM »
It's supposed to be 64 degrees outside but I'm sitting here in my room wearing a shirt & pants, a sweater over the shirt, a bathrobe over the sweater, wool socks, slippers, a big scarf, a hat, and gloves - one of them fingerless so I can use the trackpad. And the heat is controlled by the building, so of course they haven't turned it on yet.

...How am I gonna survive this winter? ._.
ahaha yep that's me right there. It's like 20C outside and I'm wearing long pants and a fleece.
If you have a microwave, you can make a thing that's like a pillow but 2/3 full of rice and nuke it for a few minutes to make it super warm and cosy.

Melu, my advice there is to look for a black dress with no sleeves and a cardigan. Probably a bit easier to find? And warmer.
I'll do art-swaps and beta-reads, PM me!
Native: :usa:
Can make a fool of myself, but comprehensibly: :france:
Write a little Sindarin (working on that)
Wish-list: ASL, :sweden:, :norway:
Chapter break survivor: :book2::book3::book4::A2chap01::A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05: