Author Topic: General Discussion Thread  (Read 2411496 times)

viola

• Hel
  • Conqueror of an Abandoned City
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
Re: General Discussion Thread
« Reply #10965 on: September 28, 2015, 05:58:15 PM »
I got detention once for threatening a classmate with a rubberband in 7th grade.

A kid in my brother's class got suspended for a day for pointing a pencil at another kid and going "pew".
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

Fimbulvarg

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #10966 on: September 28, 2015, 06:01:25 PM »
I got detention once for threatening a classmate with a rubberband in 7th grade.
A kid in my brother's class got suspended for a day for pointing a pencil at another kid and going "pew".

I would get into so much trouble if I went to these schools...

Ana Nymus

• DeviantArt
  • Checking in once in a while
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #10967 on: September 28, 2015, 06:45:48 PM »
I got a lunch detention once... in middle school, for not getting a test signed by my parents. I'm so bad. :P
:usa: Yes.
:spain: Out of practice.
:finland: Failed to learn.
:vaticancity: Probably remember five words.
White text: Always ;P
:chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

I also speak SCIENCE!!!

Fenris

« Reply #10968 on: September 28, 2015, 06:52:08 PM »
Aaah, disciplinary actions in school. I lost count how many times I was taken out of classes, or sent to see the principal, or being threatened with police reports. Not to mention getting permanently banned from cooking class, and temporarily from arts & crafts and sløyd. Good times.

Adrai Thell

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Might be productive. Someday.
« Reply #10969 on: September 28, 2015, 07:01:54 PM »
Not detention per se, but I remember my entire gymn class in middle school being forced to do 250 jumping jacks because the teacher saw somebody making finger guns. Not kidding. Yeesh, I disliked that guy.

Other than that, naught but being told to stop reading mid-class for me :P Still don't understand why so many teachers loved me...
Fluent: :usa:
Childlike: :france:
Stolen Souls: 6.5
Survivor: :artd: :book1+: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

Speak softly, and carry a big heart.

OrigamiOwl

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
« Reply #10970 on: September 28, 2015, 07:03:55 PM »
i'm trying to remember if i've ever gotten in trouble for anything but I guess my ~*cute and innocent*~ persona is too strong
It's not always a given u__u
I've had detentions before: one where my table was given a detention (detention is not leaving the classroom for lunch and getting shouted at by the teacher) because of 2 kids misbehaving, it did not go down well and they ended up having to call my mum to take me home because I couldn't stop crying <_< The other one was a outdoor bench detention on the second day of school because I did Tuesdays homework instead of Mondays homework, and then lots of lunch detentions because I only ate my sandwich fillings and not the bread (I actually couldn't eat it without wanting to be sick, even the same bread smell makes me sick) and then there was another time I forgot my hat for recess and got a detention and this really rough kid gave the teacher the finger o__o and then there was a weird incident where I was randomly singled out in class and yelled at and told to stay in for lunch and I had no idea why so I hid in the bathroom crying and they had to send in the lady teachers to get me out and turns out my teacher just wanted to discuss moving me to a different table with my actual friends on it instead of the one they put me on "to be a good influence" like, buddy the teachers have been putting me with the school bullies since I started school in an attempt to influence them and all it did was give them a closer target and someone to steal pencils from and somehow it took them six years to figure out?? Huh??!
Wow that turned into something...weird

Oh! And then my only high school detention was when I lost my hat and had to stay in the computer lab and write an essay about sun safety. Not because I was outside without a hat, oh no, BECAUSE I WALKED UP TO THE TEACHER AT THE START OF LUNCH AND T O L D THEM I HAD NO HAT AND ASKED WHAT I SHOULD DO.
W H Y
^that is the level of suck-up I am was.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2015, 07:11:59 PM by OrigamiOwl »
:artd: :book1+: :book2:
:chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16:

Daéa Reina

• Tumblr
  • well, I'm trying
« Reply #10971 on: September 28, 2015, 07:09:20 PM »
It's not always a given u__u
I've had detentions before: one where my table was given a detention (detention is not leaving the classroom for lunch and getting shouted at by the teacher) because of 2 kids misbehaving, it did not go down well and they ended up having to call my mum to take me home because I couldn't stop crying <_< The other one was a outdoor bench detention on the second day of school because I did Tuesdays homework instead of Mondays homework, and then lots of lunch detentions because I only ate my sandwich fillings and not the bread (I actually couldn't eat it without wanting to be sick, even the same bread smell makes me sick) and then there was another time I forgot my hat for recess and got a detention and this really rough kid gave the teacher the finger o__o and then there was a weird incident where I was randomly singled out in class and yelled at and told to stay in for lunch and I had no idea why so I hid in the bathroom crying and they had to send in the lady teachers to get me out and turns out my teacher just wanted to discuss moving me to a different table with my actual friends on it instead of the one they put me on "to be a good influence" like, buddy the teachers have been putting me with the school bullies since I started school in an attempt to influence them and all it did was give them a closer target and someone to steal pencils from and somehow it took them six years to figure out?? Huh??!
Wow that turned into something...weird

Wow, your school teachers were terrible. o_o
I'm so sorry you had to go through all this, Owl... *pat pat*

I always read during classes, but I was really good at hiding it, so I never got in trouble because of it. e_e
And I don't think brazilian school system has anything like detention. Actually, students nowadays can do pretty much whatever they want, and that's why our schools are completely chaotic.
native :brazil:  |  decent :usa: :spain:  |  wants to learn :germany: :finland: :france:

I'm a survivor: :artd: :book1+: (-1) :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

"There's no better place on earth than the road that leads to Heaven."

Mélusine

« Reply #10972 on: September 28, 2015, 07:13:59 PM »
things i've done during class but never gotten in trouble for:
- sleeping
- drawing
- reading a book that isn't for school (teachers sometimes ask what I'm reading)
- thrown shoes at gross classmates

i'm trying to remember if i've ever gotten in trouble for anything but I guess my ~*cute and innocent*~ persona is too strong

edit: this isn't even including all my Rude Norwegian mistakes in czech school, like calling teachers by their first names
*Searches* I can't remember anything after a drawing when I was about 7 or 8 years. (Even if drawing/writing in the margin in philosophy lessons was a part of my activity, but I assume I was taking to much notes for having any problem with the teacher.)
Reading a book would have been so pleasant in some lessons... And I would have loved to avoid sport.
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

DB (f.k.a. DaveBro)

• Ranger
  • Filk, flute, guitar, NwoC
« Reply #10973 on: September 28, 2015, 07:14:53 PM »
Ohh several other people reported having that problem too, including Eich... I shall go see if we can get something done about that.

Edit: Ok, just spoke to Eri, he says try this: https://ssssforum.com/thingies/fimbyno.php

Thanks!  :D  I got to cast the 50th NO of 75 total votes for a perfect two-thirds. ;D  And of course I've added it to my favorites. ^-^

EDIT: What's 1/3, more or less, eh? ::)
« Last Edit: September 28, 2015, 07:21:38 PM by DaveBro (Phasing out "ReturnOf") »
Fluent:  :usa:      Fair:  :norway:    BTE:  :france:
           Chapter Breaks Survived:  
                            :hat:
            :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:
            :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16:
            :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:
            :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8:    (5-20)

viola

• Hel
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
« Reply #10974 on: September 28, 2015, 07:16:09 PM »

Oh! And then my only high school detention was when I lost my hat and had to stay in the computer lab and write an essay about sun safety. Not because I was outside without a hat, oh no, BECAUSE I WALKED UP TO THE TEACHER AT THE START OF LUNCH AND T O L D THEM I HAD NO HAT AND ASKED WHAT I SHOULD DO.
W H Y
^that is the level of suck-up I am was.

Was it a private school? Why would they give detentions for not having a hat? That seems strangely excessive.
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Noodles

• Tumblr
  • *flops*
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them
« Reply #10975 on: September 28, 2015, 07:17:30 PM »
Eclipse was really awesome! Unfortunately, we didn't manage to get any good pictures. :-\
things i've done during class but never gotten in trouble for:
- sleeping
- drawing
- reading a book that isn't for school (teachers sometimes ask what I'm reading)
these things are also true of me
But also the teachers are mostly super chill here? Like, they'll occasionally make pointed comments about people who are talking in class and maaaaaaaaaaybe yell at you if you're really annoying, but I don't even know what you'd do to get a detention.
I'll do art-swaps and beta-reads, PM me!
Native: :usa:
Can make a fool of myself, but comprehensibly: :france:
Write a little Sindarin (working on that)
Wish-list: ASL, :sweden:, :norway:
Chapter break survivor: :book2::book3::book4::A2chap01::A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:

OrigamiOwl

« Reply #10976 on: September 28, 2015, 07:26:25 PM »
Was it a private school? Why would they give detentions for not having a hat? That seems strangely excessive.
Yeah? Would a public school be different.....?
Sun safety and sun cancer are big things here I guess :/ there were 2 hats you had to have: a school logo sunhat, and a school logo straw boater. You could not wear the boater as a sun hat it was only for when you were in public or for formal occasions. -A- 
:artd: :book1+: :book2:
:chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16:

Haiz

• Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #10977 on: September 28, 2015, 07:30:11 PM »
when I read during class, I didn't hide the book. I just straight-out held it above my desk. ok.

there was a time i ALMOST got in trouble at summer camp - some girls and i were showering when we suddenly spy a spider in the window, so of course they sprayed it away. out the window...
we were later confronted by the camp leaders, saying they've received complaints about water spraying out the windows in one of the floors higher up. we were innocently shaking our heads, right.
later the camp leaders came to apologize for framing us, because they had caught the culprits - some boys on the floor above us, apparently. we were left completely off the hook. ok
you'll know where to find me.

viola

• Hel
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
« Reply #10978 on: September 28, 2015, 07:36:47 PM »
Yeah? Would a public school be different.....?
Sun safety and sun cancer are big things here I guess :/ there were 2 hats you had to have: a school logo sunhat, and a school logo straw boater. You could not wear the boater as a sun hat it was only for when you were in public or for formal occasions. -A- 

Yeah here the public schools don't really care what you wear. Even when I went to private school in California though, they never really cared about whether or not we had hats. It just surprised me that your school would be so strict about making you wear hats.

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #10979 on: September 28, 2015, 07:39:40 PM »
Yeah here the public schools don't really care what you wear. Even when I went to private school in California though, they never really cared about whether or not we had hats. It just surprised me that your school would be so strict about making you wear hats.

I guess it depends a lot on what the country's weather etc. demands. Finland has a compulsory hat season for ground schools during winters (or at least used to, back when I was in ground school), although only for the time you spend outside of the school on your way there, during breaks and on your way home.
Speak: :finland: :iceland: :uk: :icelandic sheepdog:
Butchering at every try: :sweden:
Learning: :japan:
Wishlist: :norway:

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: