Author Topic: General Discussion Thread  (Read 2387670 times)

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
Re: General Discussion Thread
« Reply #10950 on: September 28, 2015, 03:27:57 PM »
No actually they were two different days. The day I posted so much was the day before I left for Japan. It was also the day before I got my promotion to ranger. June 20something. I really wanted to make ranger before I left for Japan because I thought I'd have to take a hiatus during my time there. I was wrong. But hey you know, better save than sorry :P The skald conversation started when I sent Sunny a PM on August 7th, about a month and a half later.
Your memory of dates/pages/others things implying numbers is... amazing.
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Fimbulvarg

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #10951 on: September 28, 2015, 03:43:08 PM »
Curse you, Viola, and your magic future-predicting graphs!  *rubs hands evilly, begins looking up how to 3D-print a Poison Apple of Forum-Posting Handicappery for Upstart Newbies*    :o

I don't think you need to 3d print that, or to poison it for that matter. It's all in how hard you throw. An apple a day keeps the doctor away as they say.

Mélusine

« Reply #10952 on: September 28, 2015, 03:49:57 PM »
I don't think you need to 3d print that, or to poison it for that matter. It's all in how hard you throw. An apple a day keeps the doctor away as they say.
I... no, don't pay attention.
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

viola

• Hel
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #10953 on: September 28, 2015, 03:53:01 PM »
Your memory of dates/pages/others things implying numbers is... amazing.

Ahaha well I don't actually remember dates of things and pages of things. What I do remember is around when they happened and what was going on at the time. Then I use that as a reference point to get to the nearest date or just to figure out where things were on the forum. In this instance I just went into my PM log and looked up the date for the PM. And as for the day I posted +50 posts, I knew I would be leaving for Japan.

I've kinda built a mental map of the forum in the way that you can know your way around a place and how to get to certain rooms but may not have any ideas of what the room numbers or street names are. I still don't know the name of the road I took to school every day for 2 years, and yet I know exactly how to get to school. I don't know what room number my french lit class is in. But I know where it is and what is in the area around it and how you can take short cuts to get there. Of course the internet is good for doing things really quickly and the better I get to know the forum the easier it is for me to find shortcuts to things.

o.O You know... we haven't had to put anyone on the forum naughty list yet.... Now, Laufey already told me she really wanted to be the first one on it but I might have to break that promise....
« Last Edit: September 28, 2015, 03:55:30 PM by Feartheviolas »
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #10954 on: September 28, 2015, 03:58:22 PM »
o.O You know... we haven't had to put anyone on the forum naughty list yet.... Now, Laufey already told me she really wanted to be the first one on it but I might have to break that promise....

Laufey!? For doing what, scaring people away from Iceland?

Mélusine

« Reply #10955 on: September 28, 2015, 04:05:20 PM »
Laufey!? For doing what, scaring people away from Iceland?
Congratulations, Vi, now they'll speak about fighting each other soon.

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #10956 on: September 28, 2015, 04:12:23 PM »
Congratulations, Vi, now they'll speak about fighting each other soon.

No way, apples were mentioned. They hurt and I'm not good at dodging. :-\
Speak: :finland: :iceland: :uk: :icelandic sheepdog:
Butchering at every try: :sweden:
Learning: :japan:
Wishlist: :norway:

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

JoB

• Mage of the Great Restructuring
« Reply #10957 on: September 28, 2015, 04:35:50 PM »
It's all in how hard you throw. An apple a day keeps the doctor away as they say.
Your doctors seem to have lousy work ethics to not try more often than that. Maybe we should start selling them helmets. Equipped with dual ear-trumpets as makeshift stethoscopes, of course. :P
native: :de: secondary: :us: :fr:
:artd: :book1+: :book2: :book3: :book4: etc.
PGP Key 0xBEF02A15, Fingerprint C12C 53DC BB92 2FE5 9725  C1AE 5E0F F1AF BEF0 2A15

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #10958 on: September 28, 2015, 04:40:11 PM »
No way, apples were mentioned. They hurt and I'm not good at dodging. :-\

Just brandish a bigger 'stick'. Or don't actually, that particular 'stick' would probably kill someone.

In all seriousness though, I don't think you've ever been 'naughty', at least not on the forum. Now that it's been mentioned though I can't help but imagine a forum classroom with a thirty-something year old lady (who's also the arts and crafts/Icelandic lit. teacher) in the corner of shame and Viola as class rep :P

Your doctors seem to have lousy work ethics to not try more often than that. Maybe we should start selling them helmets. Equipped with dual ear-trumpets as makeshift stethoscopes, of course. :P

"The apple's been thrown, now is our chance! We got 24 hours nurse!"

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #10959 on: September 28, 2015, 04:51:17 PM »
Now that it's been mentioned though I can't help but imagine a forum classroom with a thirty-something year old lady (who's also the arts and crafts/Icelandic lit. teacher) in the corner of shame and Viola as class rep :P

It's like I never left ground school... (I was the first of my class who had to stay after school, for leaving class via a window)(we were on ground floor so I didn't see a problem with it). Makes weird sense that even in the case that I was the teacher I'd still end up in the corner of shame somehow.
Speak: :finland: :iceland: :uk: :icelandic sheepdog:
Butchering at every try: :sweden:
Learning: :japan:
Wishlist: :norway:

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #10960 on: September 28, 2015, 05:08:00 PM »
It's like I never left ground school... (I was the first of my class who had to stay after school, for leaving class via a window)(we were on ground floor so I didn't see a problem with it). Makes weird sense that even in the case that I was the teacher I'd still end up in the corner of shame somehow.

All I can remember about disciplinary actions is getting scolded a lot for sleeping in class and for skipping a lesson every now and then.

Haiz

• Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #10961 on: September 28, 2015, 05:11:48 PM »
things i've done during class but never gotten in trouble for:
- sleeping
- drawing
- reading a book that isn't for school (teachers sometimes ask what I'm reading)
- thrown shoes at gross classmates

i'm trying to remember if i've ever gotten in trouble for anything but I guess my ~*cute and innocent*~ persona is too strong

edit: this isn't even including all my Rude Norwegian mistakes in czech school, like calling teachers by their first names
« Last Edit: September 28, 2015, 05:15:16 PM by Haiz »
you'll know where to find me.

viola

• Hel
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #10962 on: September 28, 2015, 05:16:06 PM »
All I can remember about disciplinary actions is getting scolded a lot for sleeping in class and for skipping a lesson every now and then.

I remember getting asked to stop reading under the desk though out my time in school...

Oh! I actually got detention once in highschool! So what happened was this: It was lunch time and my friend was on crutches so I offered to walk with her and open doors and then we were a few minutes late and the math teacher gave me and her detention for being late to class. My friend yelled at the teacher and refused to go, but I didn't want to argue and I was so freaked out that I actually went and then accidentally stayed an hour longer than I was supposed to because I was reading a really good book and the teacher actually kicked me out... soooo yeah I'm really bad at detention I guess.
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

SectoBoss

• Ranger
« Reply #10963 on: September 28, 2015, 05:17:13 PM »
Most of the stuff I got in trouble for was bunking off sports lessons, although I learned in later years how to fix it so that no-one cared where I was going.
Amusingly enough, I was the only one of my entire friendship group who didn't get busted for smoking at one point or another, despite being just as bad as the rest of them. My "me, sir? no, sir, I would never do that, sir" game was strong (enough).
Native: :uk:  Remembers dregs: :france: :vaticancity:  Learning (slowly): :sweden:
Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11:
Proud owner of a Haizvatar
I write a bit on AO3

starfallz

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • MiSSSSionary
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #10964 on: September 28, 2015, 05:55:35 PM »
I got detention once for threatening a classmate with a rubberband in 7th grade.
Fluent: :usa: Rusty: :japan: Uh, what? :sweden:
Chapter Break Survivor: :artd: : :chap5: :book2: :book3: :book4: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05: